January 26, 2013
United States of America,
January 25, 2013
Great cozy hotel in Krabi
Big assortment for breakfast. Room was comfortable and spacious. Even facing a concrete wall, Ananta found a way to add flowers and make a nice view from the balcony Affordable massages by the pool is a great bonus!
Big assortment for breakfast. Room was comfortable and spacious. Even facing a concrete wall, Ananta found a way to add flowers and make a nice view from the balcony Affordable massages by the pool is a great bonus! Be aware that there not many lounge chairs by the pool so you must arrive early to secure one. Hotel is located on a side street so it is nice and quiet with a 10 minute walk to the busy part of town.
Hotel Feature Tip:
big assortment for breakfast. room was comfortable and spacious. even facing a concrete wall, ananta found a way to add flowers and make a nice view from the balcony affordable massages by the pool is a great bonus! be aware that there not many lounge chairs by the pool so you must arrive early to secure one. hotel is located on a side street so it is nice and quiet with a 10 minute walk to the busy part of town.
Families with young children
January 16, 2013
Lovely hotel & pool
Pool access room, poolside bar, poolside massage, helpful concierge
this is our second stay at ananta burin. we had stayed in a pool view room the last time, but loved having the convenience of the pool access room this time. we practically lived in our swimsuits the whole trip and the kids had a lot of fun in the pool. do note that the access to the pool is via a glass sliding door with a simple lock, so you need to be vigilant with young children, to prevent any mishaps.
the room was generally comfortable, and all 4 of us slept fairly well in the large double bed and extra bed.
this is a small, quiet hotel great for a relaxing vacation lounging by the pool or the beach all day.
what we loved:
- the pool is literally at your doorstep!
- the poolside bar for icy cold drinks when the sun got really hot.
- affordable and relaxing poolside massage.
- there were a number of convenience stores and restaurants right across the street.
- concierge staff were friendly and helpful with meeting our requests, and respond to email promptly.
- hotel is on a quieter stretch, away from the crowds and nightlife but close enough to walk or grab a tuk tuk if you prefer.
- hotel food was ok, not great. breakfast options are quite limited, especially after eating four days
- lots of mozzies! we got bitten numerous times a day, but to be fair, we got bitten everywhere we went. it would've been nice if the hotel provided some sort of repellent.
January 10, 2013
Great location but no free wifi in the room
We stay there for 2 nights.the location was good.I like the breakfast buffet.
there's so many tour agancy around that you could get the reasonable price.
January 9, 2013
Very nice hotel, nice staff, good food
We had a good experience here. Nice staff, clean and new room, free upgrade, overall very happy
January 7, 2013
Only Satisfactory - Hotel next door is better
We didn't enjoy the hotel at all, however, it's one of the better ones in the area. If i were to go to back to this part of Thailand again, I would never stay here, but i would try the hotel next door.
1. The worst was the staff- quite possibly the worst service from a hotel i have ever received. Rude, incompetent and totally useless.
2. They advertise free internet, but it's not free- they make you pay to use it in your room, charge a fortune, and it doesn't work. every day, about 5-6 new people were yelling at the front desk about it.
3. The massages are good, but make sure to confirm the time you start and finish. when the boss goes out for lunch, they all stop working. i sat down for 10min, the boss left, and my masseuse just stopped and demanded her fee for 100% of the time. in fairness, this was one person as everyone else was great!
4. The walls in the rooms are paper thin - you can hear everything going on in the rooms next to you.
5. I love children, but there were too many here and they were all screaming. it wouldn't normally be a bad thing, but because the walls are paper thin, you can hear about a million children screaming and crying at all hours of the day and night - not very relaxing
6. the food is not good. AND, they use ice made of tap water - be careful - everyone was talking about how sick they were....
7. The pool "closes" at 5pm, despite it still be hot and sunny. no reason, it just closes and they are quite rude about it.
8. Security - the doors don't lock behind you when you leave a room, and the doors are fairly flimsy. if you wanted to get into the rooms, you could. nothing happened, but i didn't feel like my stuff was very secure. thankfully the rooms safes are large so you can put a lot in them.
9. the only nice thing i had to say is the pool it's a good pool.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Don't stay here - stay next door at the
January 6, 2013
Modern design, good location, helpful staff
The hotel is located in Ao Nang, a tourist place. Therefore, people there who always deal with tourist can usually speak English. The beach is just walking distance, about 10 mins. Along the road to the beach, you can easily find food and other stuff. Otherwise,you can always take their tuk-tuk around Ao Nang area which cost RM 2 per person.
The room is rather dirty I would say. I can feel the dust on the floor. Toilet is clean and spacious with a bathtub.
January 5, 2013
Will come back to stay again
Location, ambience and staff performance
Excellent stay in this hotel. Its was near to all amenities and food restaurant. Been there during New year and was well organized.
December 27, 2012
Good Location, Helpful Staff
Decent sized swimming pool for centre of town hotel
Overall we enjoyed our stay here. Rooms are well decorated and comfortable with all mod cons. Separate bath and shower and really comfy beds. Opt for a ground floor room if you can to get the benefit of being able to access swimming pool direct from your balcony. Breakfast was excellent! Near enough to be able to walk down to the busier section of the town, but far enough away for a quiet nights sleep.
Excellent poolside massages at not much more than you would pay on the sandy beach!
Massaman restaurant is well worth a visit!
December 26, 2012
Worst Reception and staff
Check in - Reception don't dare to stand up to say hi
Arrive with car, after negociation, finally parked at the hotel car park.
Few hours after, want to take back my car and unfortunately need to wait 30 mn as another car was blocking mine. The car the hotel van!!!
No Wifi in the room, only at the lobby, and switch off every 10 seconds. Ask wifi in the room 100 baht per hour. All around, coffee and hotel are offering free wifi!
Morning, cleaner come to my room, open the door while I was sleeping!
worst hotel never been in Thailand.
Lucky that the room are ok but nothing special.