Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (550)
January 30, 2012
Nice suite - poor location
In a side street off the river front.
Next door to a karaoke, with noise being heard from the room
Very large suite - nice sitting room - bedroom too small, and kitchen area inadequate with no kettle, no cups. Fridge on the balcony??
January 28, 2012
Nice place, great location, clean and modern
Steps away from the riverfront, good breakfast, nice staff
We were very pleased with our stay at BJ's; we booked the superior room, which was all the way on the 3rd floor, and we had a great balcony overlooking the street. The room decor was modern, and had a nice big shower. We would stay here again and recommend you do too! Small and cozy place.
January 28, 2012
Lovely guest house with great location & services
Close to riverside, good breakfast, helpful staff and clean room
we stayed in the superior king bedroom for one night. i love this guest house. it's very close to riverside with bars and restaurant. the staff was very helpful. the room was spacious and very clean. the hot shower worked fine. the minor downsides were no hair dryer and no elevator. they didn't provide hair dryer in the room and i couldn't borrow one from the reception. no elevator but the staff was helpful with the luggages. i will definitely stay in this guest house again and have already recommended it to some friends who are going to phnom penh.
January 28, 2012
Lovely hotel and service with a smile
Location, big room (apartment)
The women at the reception were nice, the hotel is located near the riverfront, where many restaurants and hotels are.
That means you stay in the are with many tourists, if that is bad or good depend from you.
The superior apartment was big and nice terrace.
January 26, 2012
Perfect location with a friendly staff
location and central to everything
this is my second stay here and will not be last.
you could not wish for a better location and friendly staff at a great price.the location of riverside is perfect starting point for travel, great restaurants, nightlife, museums and the river.
the small downside about the hotel is that it doesn't have a lift, so if you are on the topfloor, prepare for some exercise!!
but don't let this put you off this great guesthouse, there are more pluses than negatives.
United States of America,
January 25, 2012
Clean and comfortable
location - close to the riverfront and lots of restaurants
Staff was friendly, breakfast good, and could walk to many pagodas, night market, the palace
Stairs going up to the rooms are a bit small and actually fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle along with several other bruises
I paid for a double with 2 breakfasts daily, but was charged for a second cup of coffee even though 3 breakfasts were not used. I tried to explain why I shouldn't be charged, but I ended up just paying the $6.00 since I was not getting them to understand.
Many places close for lunch between 11-2 so just check their times of operation. The Killing Fields are a must see. Would advise the all day tour of the city which includes the Killing Fields for $10.
January 24, 2012
great start but a disappointing end
room 6 is the only deluxe room they have room 3 is a 1 star hotel room that best
when we got to BJ'S the staff were really friendly and helpful and told the room was on the top floor which at first was a shock as i have a very bad ankle but when we got there it was worth it the room was great (see pics on TripAdvisor soon)as we stayed 3might but had look at the only so call deluxe rooms on our way down the stair and i have to stay they are not deluxe and the price is well over the top.we then ask the owner if we could book room 6 again and after she looked tht the rest said that we would be able to have it again in 29th jan 2012 so we paid it up front $29.when we got back today they had let the room out and but us in room 3 it was dark the room needed painting, and the very small window looked straight on to a wall only 2 foot away and this was only at best a 1 star at best room sold that a deluxe price.we got are money back and stayed else where and for the same price the room was great and had a lift in to. if you book this hotel make sure you get room 6 as a deluxe as the rest are not
Hotel Feature Tip:
if you book a deluxe make sure its room six if not look else were and you will get a nice room for the same price and agoda sure check if it is suitable for disabled persons.i have but room comfort 5 only for room 6 ONLY
January 18, 2012
simple room and very clean
the room is simple in a good area and cheap
the ataff was vey nice, the room was very clean, the room is very close to shops
United States of America,
January 12, 2012
Awesome apartment- better than home!!
Great breakfast, perfect location!
the apartment was so big, a family could have lived there!the staff is so nice and helpful, even helped negotiate a day with a tuk tuk driver for us. the location is perfect, we arrived via fast boat from hcmc and it was about a 5 block walk from the port, no tuk tuk needed to get there. the view from the huge balcony was amazing, the experience was more like being a local than a tourist. would absolutely stay there gain!
January 09, 2012
was asked to move room after 1 day, things got heated. still do not know why were instructed to move. rooms very average photos show very optomistic view. breakfast good. noisy.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - BJ's House, Phnom Penh
- A delightful hosp in town.. - There were plenty of choices for food and drinks, as quite n
- A solid deal and very pleasant - I stayed a full week in bouncing around from room to room af
- A value for money hotel - bj's house is a very simple hotel with excellent accomodatio
- Comforatble and affordable rooms - It is great but there is no lift to the rooms need to take t
- Cute Little Guesthouse - A quaint little guesthouse in a prime spot in the city centr
- Excellent costumer service, best staff - we stayed at bj's house for two nights, which in opinion is
- Good budget hotel - This a good budget hotel for the money. If you are out of sh
- Good location and helpful staff - The hotel provides a daily half-size water bottle. Consideri
- Good location, clean room & great services! - A very well managed Guest house by 2 sisters. Suprisingly cl
- Good location - The location and the room were great but the staff could be
- Great guesthouse, lovely and friendly staff - this is very well located guesthouse, just one block from th
- Great hotel in a great location - Out first impressions of BJs house weren't great as we were
- Great location & friendly helpful staffs - we actually only stay 1 day for transit to siem reap. The ho
- Great location, small rooms - We chose BJ's House based mostly on it's location near the r
- great location - nice small hotel. breakfeast ok. personnal very helpfull. ni
- Great position in a lively city - if this is what living in a capital city is all about then s
- Great room and great location! - Large clean room with some really nice furniture which is ra
- Great space, value for the money! - It's in a convenient area, but a bit noisy (good for bars).
- Had a great stay - Run by 2 hardworking sisters who were extremely hospitable.
- Happy after room change - For the first night I stayed in the large room on the top fl
- Lovely family run hotel - BJ's House - good central location for sightseeing, markets,
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile. - The experience was ecellent. However, veg. breakfast was lim
- lovely room,good service, great staff - Location is good, close to the riverside, about 10 minutes w
- Lovely, small hotel with very nice staff. - satisfied with it all.
laidback, but good service.
- Nice guesthouse, good location - We enjoyed our stay at BJ's, it's location is great, just a
- Nice hotel at a great location - The hotel is located just 100 meters from the river, so the
- Nice place would have stayed longer if we could - we were only here for one night but would have stayed longer
- nice place, small and friendly - good service and I will return there soon, happy with the pl
- Nice suite - poor location - In a side street off the river front.
Next door to a kara
- Riverfront guesthouse perfect for staying in PP - Close to every city attraction and yet not in the main backp
- satisfying breakfast - this hotel is located near boat place(river side)to siemreap
- Small and nice hotel, great staff - This hotel is very very good for the price. Very clean and g
- Small guesthouse near everything - used the guesthouse to explore markets/killing fields/museum
- Small hotel with HUGE rooms - I was surprised at the size of the room. It had a king size
- Small hotel, one small block from river - The rooms here are clean and new. The bathrooms could be bet
- Surprisingly Charming! - Our room was located at the topmost floor, but we didn't min
- Very nice guest house, very nice owners, good valu - I stayed for 3 nights in room 2, which is the large apartmen