Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (841)
January 20, 2012
Really good hotel stylish in its way, good rooms
Bathroom great,, staff really good
What a good all round place to stay.
Good quality rooms.
Very helpful staff.
Good social area in the surrounds although about a 15 minute walk to the river.
Location quite central. If you like walking its great for prison, river, main nightlife areas, markets etc.
But Tuk Tuks always on hand.
Slightly disappinting local restaurants is the only negative.
January 19, 2012
Nice hotel in good location close to attractiions
Nice rooms, good equipped, helpfull staff
hotel is 5 minutes walking from royal palace and silver pagoda (biggest sightseeing in city). nice peaceful street. (very good restaurant nearby). staff was very helpful with everything needed. room is smaller but very well arranged so doesnt feel so. bathroom is tiny thought.
January 18, 2012
Nice rooms but too noisy
Very nicely decorated rooms and comfortable beds
I have stayed here twice before and enjoyed it, but this time was awful. When I booked my room with Agoda I asked for a quiet room, as I know the rooms in the back are extremely noisy because of the disco behind the hotel. When I arrived the very rude girl on reception gave me the key to one of the noisy rooms. I said I could not stay in this room, but she insisted it was a quiet room, but I already knew better. After much arguing - and telling me all the other rooms were full (which, I later discovered, was a lie) I had no choice. I wanted to cancel my three-day reservation but she said I could not and would lose all my money. So stuck with this room, I could not sleep until 4am, when the disco music stopped.
For the second night a different receptionist allowed me to move to another room, which was still noisy, but slightly better. But the bad feeling and bitter taste already ruined my stay and I couldn't wait to move out. It is a shame as I enjoyed the hotel before and the Khmer staff were all very nice and helpful. Fortunately I have discovered another hotel which is far better and is less money so will never stay in Blue Tongue again.
Families with young children
January 18, 2012
Spacious, stylish and lovely
Great staff, ice cold beer, lovely rooms, clean, perfect!
great little hotel, real value for money. loved the place, the staff were professional and helpful, hotel and rooms spotlessly clean and lovely. see tip below for family friendly restaurant nearby.
there is a fantastic restaurant on the opposite side of the road just 50 meters from the hotel (turn right as you walk out of the hotel) named romdang. the place is lovely, fantastic food, cold beer, and a pool and kids playroom that is wonderful.
January 16, 2012
Well-maintaned central hotel
This was our second stay, for only one night before flying out. Everything was fine
La Marmite, St 51 nr Phsar Thmey if you want good French bistro food
United States of America,
January 16, 2012
Clean, nice and friendly hotel
Very clean, friendly staff
the hotel was relatively easy to find coming from the airport. we were greeted by a more than helpful and friendly staff that took us to an immaculate room with fabulous a/c. we only stayed for a night because we had booked another hostel with our friends, but would definately choose this hotel when we return!
United States of America,
January 16, 2012
New boutique hotel convieniently located.
Good service, well maintained property.
friendly, helpful staff greets you with a smile. very sadisifed with the deluxe balcony. the large room opened to small sitting terrace over looking the side street. the king bed was comfortable and the room was furnished with wardrobe, desk, chair, mini frig, air conditioning and cable tv. in room wifi is complimentary through out the hotel. good room lighting and nice art. clean large bathroom,. the lobby and resetaruant area is open air and spacious. there is a small lift, but the stairs are an easy climb. like many of the newer boutique hotels in the area, walls and flooring are made out of finished concrete in the khmere tradition. breakfast is included and served ala carte with large menu selction. cappuccino and expresso are two dollars. also offering lunch and dinner.
check out the early evening aerobics along the river front and have dinner at the fcc. !5 minute walk.
January 16, 2012
Clean / good hotel
The room was spacious and kept clean. Service was fairly nice.
the hotel is located near the central market and it was very convenient to get around. reception, restaurant and room were kept clean and organized and well equiped with air-conditioner and hot-shower and staff are helpful. it was very good place to relax.
only one downside would be the lengh of hot-shower. it seem to last only for about 5 minutes.
January 13, 2012
The rooms were a good size and a wet bathroom make showering nice and easy. We stayed three nights on 2 separate times. first night good thursday night. Second night was up til 5am from the music vibrating through the walls from the club next door. Our second stay was also mid week so quiet again. So be warned about the friday and saturday nights.
However staff friendly and helpful, breakfast basic but ok.
The russian market is a good place to shop and Tuk Tuk $3. If you drink bundy rum go to local supermarket 700ml $12.50, cheap as. good range of eating along the waterfront. Hotel located in club area. Lots of old fat men with young asian girls, bit in your face.
January 12, 2012
stayed 2 nights in this hotel. chosen because of his rating on agoda, cheap price and location, i was slightly disappointed. it was pretty noisy because design of my stage's corridor: it is directly open on the street!
hotel is new and clean yes, rooms not unpleasant even without view but breakfast is just ridiculous (you will have not an orange juice with your coffee, it is either bread or fruits salad...
internet was, not surprisingly, not very stable.
the rest is ok but it has to be considered then as a budget hotel, not a good value for money one. not a bad one, but just regular.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Blue Tongue Hotel, Phnom Penh
- an overall clean place to stay - the rooms are clean and basic. the manager was helpful. ac w
- Big room with good facilities - The hotel is situated 10 minuttes walk from the riverfront.
- Cheap and nice hotel - Clean room and new hotel for budget stay. Nearby to Khmer fo
- Cheap clean hotel with big rooms! - hotel has big rooms. we booked for 3 beds and the room was r
- Clean and convenient - A small hotel with newly appointed fixtures, the Blue Tongue
- Clean and Modern hotel with only one downside - We enjoyed our stay in the Blue Tongue Hotel, I found it go
- clean comfortable -
- Clean hotel with strategic location. - The hotel has a strategic location. It is just 10 minutes wa
- Clean Hotel - The hotel was clean and fairly comfortable although I didn't
- clean rooms and good location - superior rooms are quite basic with nice timber laminate flo
- Clean, spacious great location - Great value for money. Stayed in deluxe balcony room which w
- Decent Hotel - Room is of a good size, however, there is a weird smell of t
- Excellent and cheap hotel - excellent stay. very helpful to book transport to siem reap.
- God location, but some noice from pub nearby, - we enjoyed our stay at blue tounge, but there were some noic
- Good facilities and great service. - Great modern design of rooms and lobby. Very clean bathroom.
- Good location and clean room - The room is simple and clean but they don't have phone in th
- Good location close to the Royal Palace - You get what you pay for with this hotel. Clean in great loc
- good location, all ok - Everything was ok. Staff was helpful, near to the city centr
- Good location, nice rooms, no atmosphere - i've stayed here before, and despite it being a nice hotel t
- good location - friendly and helpful staff.
- Good location - The hotel is situated in a quiet location close to everythin
- Great hotel and good location - Recommend this hotel. Modern design. Great big rooms if you
- Great Hotel in good location - Really well located and good quality three star hotel. Staf
- Great hotel with a closed proximity to shops - * It was a breeze contacting the staff at the hotel despite
- Great location and friendly helpful staff - our experience with the blue tongue hotel was pleasant and e
- Great Location but dark rooms and poor breakfast - Hotel new and clean, however the standard rooms don't have w
- Great location - the hotel is close to the central market, royal palace and t
- Great stay with superb staff - We stayed in this wonderful boutique hotel for 4 nights and
- Great Stay, Great Price, Great Staff - Great Stay. Really Really clean room, good price. Wifi. Help
- Great value - The hotel is bright and new with a easy check in. The room w
- It was a very clean, very friendly hotel to stay a -
- It's good. I'd recommend it. - This is ideal for mid-budget travelers, especially those pre
- Just as good as before! - The hotel was a nice as I remembered-- very well maintained.
- Lovely hotel and good service - wonderful stay with friendly staffs. room is very clean and
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - our clients feel comfortable staying Blue Tongue Hotel. Hope
- Lovely hotel with modern style deco - The hotel is great value for money! The room is big and nice
- Mid-range - Looks nice, very quiet, seems well-organized, nice breakfast
- new hotel with years of experience - the staffs were very accommodating and even assisted us when
- nice design hotel - Phnom Penh is a great place, and Blue Tongue Hotel is a very
- Nice Guesthouse, friendly sevice - I stayed 2 nights there, it is quite cheap, the service is
- Nice hotel and great location, but ... - The first floor is large open area with tables where food an
- nice hotel nothing special - The location good, staff somewhat friendly.You can rent moto
- Nice hotel with modern furniture and great service - I strongly recommend this hotel. it's located in the city ce
- Nice hotel - 10 minutes walk to the river with all the restaurants. ok ho
- Nice room, yet too noisy from surrounding area. - I had stayed for 2 nights and feel comfortable, except the n
- Nice value, clean modern hotel - Stay of 4 nights. Good hotel overall. Service was a little i
- Nice, clean hoteal with good service - We were impressed with this hotel from the moment we walked
- Nice, simple and clean! Perfect value for money! - this hotel is in the area with lot of pubs so you can go out
- Ok location, nice enough, teething problems - Blue Tongue was a perfectly clean hotel in a reasonable area
- Really good hotel stylish in its way, good rooms - What a good all round place to stay.
Good quality rooms.
- small hotel with good service & location - i've been there only 1 night, short period indeed, the hotel
- Small, simple but nice & new hotel, good for stay~ - The hotel isn’t too big, but is very new and clean. The staf
- stylish hotel - The price is reasonable, service is ok, internet access is f
- Very basic - i used this hotel as a place to sleep. the room is basic. it
- very lovely hotel - Nice hotel and clean, we all satisfied to stay at this hotel
- Very nice place, great service, excellent staff - my stay in this hotel was simply lovely, the staff are nice
- Well located friendly hotel - Great hotel if you just want a base and intend just to showe