Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Formerly : Frangipani Villa
Royal Palace Area
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (419)
United States of America,
February 23, 2012
Modern hotel and surprisingly quiet in the city
Fantastic staff and surprisingly quiet in the city
the rooms were very modern, yet comfortable. the bathtub was poured concrete and comfortable for a bath, but a little treacherous for a shower because the bottom was rounded. we ate dinner at the hotel the first night and it was quite good.
the royal palace is someplace you should see, but plan--it's closed from 11:30 to 2:00.
take plenty of us $1 and $5. the atms give us currency, but it's in large bills. most places take us currency but have a hard time breaking large bills.
United States of America,
February 23, 2012
Nice Quiet Hotel Centrally Located
Huge Rooms with a Contemporary artistic twist
nice quiet hotel, very quaint and the staff was very responsive anything you needed they would bend over backwards to get you. the bathroom was a bit to cold and the tub was dirty. i was expecting a warmer feeling bathroom with more amenities for the price. the hotel is within walking distance of the national museum and royal palace. overall i think i is a very nice hotel but way overpriced for phnom penh.
February 19, 2012
Lovely hotel and extreme friendly staffs
good location, close to national museum etc
Extremely friendly hotel and they even have bikes to be rent free of charge for hotel guests to move around the city..
The hotel uses a lot of this aroma therapy everywhere so you will have a good smell in the hotel.
Confortable rooms and simple breakfast, with the money you pay it is a value..
February 14, 2012
Perfect for location and design
This hotel could not be better placed for the main tourist attractions in Phnom Penh - including the Mekong - It is in the middle of the old town but suffers no inconvenience from its restricted space between other buildings. The staff were lovely and very helpful. The decor both of the public spaces and the individual bedrooms is peaceful and very tasteful.
February 13, 2012
worth every cent
very clean, comfortable and conveniently located
The pictures in their website do not do this hotel justice. Although I was surprised when I got off my cab from the airport as I had to go through this tiny alley, walking in Frangipani is like walking in a courtyard of someone else's home. It's very personalized yet feels like a hotel in that it meets hotel standards in terms of cleanliness. It's conveniently located and the staff are very well-versed in terms of giving suggestions as to where to eat in the area or in phnom penh in general. Overall, I had a pleasant and amazing experience.
Have an open mind. Try Friends Restaurant which is like 2 blocks away from this hotel. And also, be prepared to just get a tuk-tuk to show you around. My driver, Mau Ravi, whom the hotel can contact, is the real deal. A nice guy and never tried to take advantage of the fact that we were foreigners in terms of his tuk-tuk rates.
February 07, 2012
Beautiful hotel with queit location in central P P
Nice restaurant, large rooms
The hotel is very good situated in the city center but in a court yard where the noice from the city doen´t disturb you. The restaurant in the qourt yard is elegant. The staff is very nice and helpful. The big rooms have comfortable beds and the bathroom is very elegante. All in all a bargin for the price.
February 06, 2012
Beautiful little hotel
Great quiet location close to the best part of Phenom Phenh
We really enjoyed this hotel. Nice breakfast, room, beautiful courtyard with loads of flowers and ponds with fish. Really nice relaxing environment. Close walk to the river shops and restuarants.
United States of America,
February 01, 2012
Perfect stay in Phnom Penh
Loved the charm of the boutique style and the great comfort of the spacious room.
We stayed for two nights here and were absolutely pleased and happy. The Frangipani Fine Arts Hotel (and their sister hotels in other locations, including Siem Reap) was perfect in many ways: good location and easy access to sights and restaurants and the waterfront while still quiet for a peaceful sleep; very comfortable large rooms with all the conveniences; stylish and charming hotel, and very clean; and pleasantly helpful, informative and welcoming staff
The hotel has free bicylces and, of course, tuk-tuks are outside/nearby for easy transport should the need arise.
We would definitely stay here again!
Thanks Franipani for a lovely stay:)
Check out Friends restaurant nearby: good food, good set up and for a good cause.
January 28, 2012
Fantastic 10/10 hotel value for money!
Amazed with the rooms condition and decor, wad i heard is they are opened for barely 2 years and frequently maintain the conditions. The entire hotel is scented with lemongrass oil and though the rooms have no nice view, the decor totally made up for it. Locationwise, excellent ! Closely situated to most attractions yet away from hustle and bustle.
Downside: a curtain replaced the door for bathroom, kinda uncomfortable if someone had to go toilet. Overall, i would return here again as its only higher than most cambodian hotels. Definitely worth every penny of sgd$70.
Central market 20 mins walk away, national museum and royal palace just across the road, sisowath quay nightlife about 15 mins walk. Saves alot of dollars instead
Of hiring tuktuk.
January 28, 2012
"strategic location, excellent service
5-10 mins walk to the university of fine arts, national museum and the royal palace
we had only had 3 days left in our trip for phnom penh. hence, to maximize the time, we selected a hotel close to the attractions and frangipani fine arts hotel was an excellent choice. from the street, you might think you're entering a dark alley but when you reach the hotel, an inner courtyard with an open restaurant greets you. we can walk to the nearby fine arts university and national museum and further around the block is already the royal palace!just outside, we can curiously watch local artisans making stone and wooden sculpture and around the corner is the latin quarter, an old french villa turned into a bar! for a tour of the killing fields, etc, the hotel staff helped us arranged for a tuktuk service and also an appointment with a nearby spa. the rooms are clean, with a nice smell from the burning oil, yet the furnitures and fixtures are a bit too modern for our taste. some elements like the bathroom sink or bed are aesthetically nice, but impractical and the a/c is somehow located directly on top of our head, which was uncomfortable. the breakfast is rather simple (just continental) and the restaurant menu is limited. we came from siem riep and stayed in frangipani villa of the same chain so we got used to the buffet breakfast there and wide array of choices in the menu. however, if you stay only a few nights in phnom penh or on business, then these small things dont matter and frangipani fine arts is still a strategic place to stay.
always ask the hotel staff or tuktuk drivers outside the hotel if the royal palace is open. there are days when the king has a special event or ceremony and the palace is closed to the public. use the time instead to visit the pagoda across the street or the national museum.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Frangipani Fine Arts Hotel, Phnom Penh
- Affordable resort hospitality - From arrival to departure, customer service was great, espec
- Big room - Central location. Spacious room. Good proximity to Sisowath
- Clean room and good location -
- Clean, modern, and quiet - this hotel is located in the heart of phnom penh, but is set
- Great hotel friendly staff good location - Great hotel. Good location prefect for walking to explore Ph
- great newish artsey hotel - great hotel. loved its ambience. highly reccomend
- Great services and artsy hotel - Hotel rooms are pretty big and spacious. We added a bed for
- it was a very peaceful stay with many other expats -
- Lovelly hotel, modern architecture and style... - Good location, in the center,good to walking to the most imp
- Lovely hotel - it is a boutique hotel and the furnishings are very attracti
- lovely small hotel with great service - i stay this hotel again, on average i stay here at least onc
- Luxury and Budget co-exists! - I have booked at Frangipani Fine Arts Hotel and they've upgr
- Modern hotel and surprisingly quiet in the city - the rooms were very modern, yet comfortable. the bathtub wa
- nice breakfast clean rooms - the hotel is a bit hard to find at first as it is in a seclu
- Nice interior but poor performing staff - Overall I was not satisfied my my stay at Frangipani Fine Ar
- Oasis in the city - The receptionists there are always helpful with advice and t
- peaceful and relaxing boutique hotel - A quaint boutique hotel, very relaxing and peaceful with all
- poor managment, half croissant for breakfast - rooms with broken iron bedframes result a hell of noise.
- Simple hotel - why call it a suite if it is just a room w a chair? i don't
- Small, stylish hotel in excellent location - this is one time when the glowing reviews are actually true.
- So disappointed - Terrible experience, blackout for the whole night for 2 nigh
- Terrific hotel and great service - excellent value for money, great location and very clean and
- Unique room off the main riverside - A relatively good stay. Staff are friendly. Readily waiting
- Very nice and friendli - the hotel was very nice and the evenig was quite. the locati
- Very nice and trendy hotel - It was a little harder to find, in fact when the tuk tuk dri
- Very nice hotel - the hotel staff are all friendly and helpful. i was able to
- Very rude and unhelpful staff, poor facilities - while this hotel is quite conveniently located (very close t
- Wonderful boutique hotel with excellent service - Service is excellent. Staff spoke good English and very thou