Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (317)
March 22, 2013
March 22, 2013
March 12, 2013
Very comfortable, convenient and clean.
Location, service, facilities
We had a terrific stay. Would highly recommend to friends.
February 25, 2013
As good as ever!
Reliable, comfortable hotel who know how to give good service!
We have stayed at the Himawari previously and were looking forward to our return. We arrived early and were shown to our room. We realised it was not the type of room we had booked so we called reception. No problem about changing but we'd have to wait. No problem though, we could just stay in that room for an hour or so. Tuktuk to town is only $2 and it's easy to walk from here to the palace, Independence Monument, street 240. We booked a car to pick us up at the airport - $12 for two people. Good value.
Try the Red Apron wine store - a short walk away. They offer excellent wines at reasonable prices - we has a Trivento (Viognier/Sauvignon/Chardonnay) which was lovely.
February 22, 2013
Good value for money
Price, Location and Room Size
The hotel is one of the best in the area which offers great space with good value for money. The area itself is the best in the city for everything is readily available. Highly recommended for those travelling for a very short period of time.
February 14, 2013
Great hotel, great service, clean rooms ,staff friendly
February 13, 2013
We were given a 1 bedroom on the first floor without balcony overlooking the reception rooftop, which didn’t match the website description. The room was dark, stuffy and smelly.
After some insistence and wonderful staff assistance we were moved to a 2 bedroom overlooking the road. Room was large, clean and bright.
The free Wi-FI is only available in the lobby and swimming pool areas, not in the rooms, which is a bit of inconvenience if you (like me) have some work to do during your stay.
Hotel is a good option if you want to be close (but not in the middle) of the action of Riverfront, need/want space and love swimming laps. The pool is fantastic and attracts lots of local visitors.
The FCC is a great place for drinks overlooking the Riverfront. Food is great as well.
Families with young children
United States of America,
February 06, 2013
Upscale Pure Phnom Penh
Great rooms...it was wonderful to be able to cook some comfort food for my son (Lucky Supermarket at Sorya Center was able to supply his favorite Mac N Cheese and Cambells Green Pea Soup which was a rest and relief for us both to share in after a very extended stay in Cambodia)...nice wood floor in room, comfy loungy cushy chairs and good extented cable tv, pleasing balcony and spacious dressing room. The bests super hot jacuzzi anywhere, when the city does fireworks you can watch them poolside.
I justs dont like that area (personal taste and opinion)...it was nice that the main road was closed when we chose to be there. Thats the main reason why we chose to be there whence King Sihanouks Cremation Ceremony took place.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Its conveinent for quick secure access to nice park nearby and palace, riverside area.For the costs --it was disappointing that 1AM exhaused coming in late and justs wanting a hot shower than hitting the sheets...and find the water cold..to then discover I had to flip a boiler switch and wait....no not 10-15 minutes to heat, more like a half hour to 45 minutes to heat. I stayed 4 days and took showers twice in the locker rooms rather than the comfort of my room because I was in a hurry and forgot to flip the switch and "wait". its a high profile hotel.Nice quite riverfront area to sit and grassy space for kids to place in somewhat privacy.
January 26, 2013
The hotel was on the riverfront near the Royal Palace and near to lots of restaurants and bars.
Although we had booked a twin room, we were shown a double, but this was soon changed even though it was not easy to communicate as many of the staff spoke very limited English. The 'suite' meant the room had a kitchen area with cooking facilities and a fridge which was useful for keeping the complimentary bottled water (2 bottles+ per day) cool. The bar had a micro brewery with several beers on offer. Happy hour meant two for one on these beers and the house wines and it was pleasant to sit with a drink and enjoy the view of the river as darkness fell.
The pool was a reasonable size and there was also a spa pool with very hot water --quite a shock when you first tried it!
We enjoyed our stay at the Himawari and would recommend it to others, the only drawback being the communication problems with some staff members who had little or no English.
It is well worth doing the sunset cruise on the river on the boat which is moored immediately below the hotel.
January 26, 2013
The quality has taken a nosedive at himawari
location, biz center, swimming pool
I am a long timer at Himawari. Over the last 2 years I have stayed there about 8 or 10 times.
Everytime, I notice little changes (bad) but nothing fundamental.
Nevertheless, my last stay was a total disaster as I really notice that Himawari has now opted to become a low cost, low quality and high price hotel in PnP.
1/ Airco haven't been cleaned/maintained for a while and most of them are leaking.
2/ Amenities inside the room are really basic basic. During my last stay, they have removed the shoe mit, reduce soap and shampoo.
3/ No fruit basket anymore
4/ No drink voucher upon arrival
5/ No welcome drink upon arrival
6/ No newspaper at your door anymore (for a while already)
7/ Poor breakfast, poor quality despite the fact it is a buffet (or it sets as a buffet) - see my previous comments.
8/ The staff is getting less friendly and efficient compare as before. Probably an oppressive (new) management.
At USD/nigt, I think Himawari has become a reap-off. Travellers should look somewhere else.
Ah Yes, one more thing. The management is now singaporean and I noticed people from SG get special treatment care. This hotel is now totally asian oriented. Beware western people !
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Himawari Hotel, Phnom Penh
- An architectural jewel on the Mekong - Wonderful to stroll after dinner along the quay on the river
- Beautiful views but bed is uncomfortable. - Been to this hotel quite a few times over the years.
- Excellent hotel near the river - Good comfortable stay in large size rooms. The staff were ve
- Excellent in most respects but... - In almost all respects the Himawari is an outstanding place
- Excellent location - Excellent service - enjoyed my stay
very pleasureable experience
- Good location with fantastic view - We had an enjoyable stay but lack of muslim foods. Facilitie
- Good service and lovely hotel - Best location in the city, within walking distance to palace
- Good. Centrally located. Good staff -
- Great location and excellent service! - Located on the river with good views this is a great choice
- great location,rooms very comfortable and spacious - staying at the himawari is like a home away from home very s
- Great location - The hotel looks good outside, the room is spacious and the s
- himawari hotel phnom penh - Excellent service - our kids ate breakfast for FREE (tho it
- Location - comments positive as usual but I have got again problem with
- Lovely and spacious room - i have been there one time and i am happy with this hotel. t
- Lovely Hotel in good postion - On a business and its a nice hotel to relax after work
- Nice hotel with big rooms and in a good location - Nice hotel with big rooms and in a good location
- Nice location on the river - view from room not very good. breakfast buffet was average.
- Relaxed environment with great facilities. - like the hotel, good service / breakfast and location
- Simple Hotel - Simple hotel, food with spacious room, friendly staff. Lobby
- Upgraded to Suite! - I'm glad that I was upgraded to a larger room, however, it w
- Very good stay indeed. -
- well appointed, big rooms, great facilities - this is our fav hotel in Phnom Penh, have stayed 3 or 4 time