Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (331)
Families with young children
November 26, 2012
Quiet small hotel
helpful staff, close to many attractions
When we arrived Phnom Penh and take a Tuk-Tuk, the driver wasn't sure where the hotel is. The hotel doesn't have a fancy entrance but just a big wooden door with a small sign said "Monument Hotel". The room side is good and the bed is firm and comfortable (not like other poor spring beds). The breakfast is rather simple but enough. There is always Tuk-Tuk outside the hotel and there is a hotel staff will help you translate to the driver which save you a lot of time. My daughter like the swim pool it is not very big but for the size of the hotel, it is really nice. You can order draft beer right next to the pool which only cost $0.75 ($0.5 during happy hour).
There is a Italian restaurant not too far from the hotel (on the same No. 29 Street). My family want to have lunch there but it wasn't opened until 3pm. It mentioned that it has a special pizza oven.
November 25, 2012
Nice and clean
Pool, clean rooms and nice staff
Liked it but it's not a 4 star hotel. It is more a 3 star. No lift up. But clean, nice rooms and good beds. Small pool as well so no complain about that.
November 22, 2012
Swimmingpool, nice looking modern rooms, seperated shower
We booked this hotel for the last night before we went home. Main reason the swimmingpool, which is really nice! We had allready spent a couple days in Phnom Penh so we had no need to be right in the centre of everything. The hotel looks nice, good breakfast with cityview.
Didnt like that our room was next to reception, which was a bit loud. Woudnt stay in this hotel(room) for more than 1 night.
There is a really good Vietnamese restaurant just around the corner (turn right when seeing the monument)
Tuktuk ride to centralmarket should cost no more then $2
November 21, 2012
Quiet Hotel with great staff and pool
Pool, quiet location, hot shower, comfortable bed, great food, nice staff
I enjoyed my stay at the Monument Hotel, quiet location around 10 minutes in a Tuktuk to the city centre and waterfront. The Hotel has great, efficient and friendly staff from reception to cleaners. The pool is clean and well maintained. The rooms are large, the shower is hot and well maintained. The King Size four poster bed has a great mattress, pillows and fresh sheets. The bar fridge is well stocked. The room safe worked well. The large couch and writing table gave an apartment feel. The rooftop eating area had a pleasant view and breakfast was a varied buffet style. Happy hour, 5 to 8pm each day gives 50 cent beers and $2 cocktails. You can eat and drink by the pool then swim. Tuktuks standbye 24 hours a day outside and charge $3 one way to the waterfront or you can hire them the whole day for $20. The reception staff speak great english and supply a helpfull map. The aircon in room and ceiling fan ensure room temps are kept down for a comfortable sleep out of the cities humidity and heat.
The Killing Fields will humble you and make you appreciate Cambodia's struggle and pain.
Families with older children
United States of America,
November 16, 2012
Great location and great staff
Neat, good location, very friendly and helpful staff, breakfast with a view
We enjoyed our stay at Monument Hotel. We found the location very convenient and could easily walk to many points of interest and easily wander around Phnom Penh.
The staff was very helpful and accommodating. They made sure we felt welcome and very happy during our stay.
Note that this hotel does not have an elevator (only a narrow staircase),which didn't present a problem for us. However, please keep this in mind if this might present an issue for you during your stay.
Hotel Feature Tip:
No elevator, not for those with difficultly walking/climbing stairs
United States of America,
November 14, 2012
Nice hotel, relaxing pool
Relaxing pool area with a great happy hour, rooms were very comfortable and quiet. Close to many restaurants and cafes
November 13, 2012
Very average or excellent - depends on the room!
Efficient manager, pleasant staff and nice security
Very mixed feelings about this hotel. On checking in the (fairly average) room I was shown to was right behind reception and you could hear everything - I mean everything - as if front desk was in your room. People talking, noise from the pool, phone ringing. Asked to be moved and was moved upstairs to a quite bare room - bed, table, tv - but clean and quiet. Nothing impressive. Shower leaked, old bathroom, dusty. Definitely not worth the money. Comfortable bed. View right into next door's wall. I asked front desk regarding rooms with balconies, told they were full but had seen people leaving. When I asked a different staff member I was accomodated easily, and a different room was like staying at a different hotel! Beautiful. Nice bathroom, comfortable chair etc. I spoke with the manager at the end who said it was a more expensive room but for the price difference - really, the first room was like a budget, basic guesthouse. Manager was very nice and helpful though.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Make sure you are getting a renovated room! Also, ask the staff for clear directions as no tuk tuk drivers knew the hotel and the sign is small. The breakfast is not up to scratch - best to skip it and head out.
November 11, 2012
Great boutique hotel
Good location, very friendly, not flash but comfortable, welcoming and great value.
really loved the place. rooms were great, but bathrooms a bit old - but that's a minor complaint. spacious rooms, comfy beds, lovely roof terrace to chill/research area/etc, breakfast average but to be fair what you would expect. staff super helpful, very quiet, all things considered, good value for money.
Go to Friends Restaurant AND Romdeng. It's not just about the fantastic social contribution (and the work they do is incredible) , the food is bloody good, the setting at Romdeng is just great and the value is fantastic.
November 10, 2012
Lovely hotel with attention to detail.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Had a few days in Phnom Penh and chose Monument hotel via Agoda. Our stay was very pleasant with a lovely spacious room overlooking the pool. We like to walk everywhere and this was pretty convenient and when to hot just got a tuk tuk to our destination.
Happy hour is good value and they make a great iced margurita. Food was also good to have snacks by the pool.
The staff were always friendly and ready to help. I would stay here again.
United States of America,
November 09, 2012
Nice hotel, clean & comfortable rooms
nice pool, great happy hour
Hotel is clean, staff are helpful & friendly... clean rooms and comfortable beds
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Monument Hotel, Phnom Penh
- Beautiful room 4 poster bed overlooking pool. - Very helpful staff
- Calmness in the city - Overall, I liked my time in the hotel.
However, the arom
- Comfort at a good price - We got a great deal at 2 nights for the price of one which m
- Comfortable hotel in a quiet location - We enjoyed our stay at this hotel - the rooftop breakfast wa
- easy and accessible - i find the hotel nice and i want to stay there again but the
- Fantastic Hotel - Great hotel with lovely staff. It's about 15 minute walk awa
- friendly staff - good room - The smell from the plumbing was very difficult to handle. Ot
- Friendly staff, terrific rooms and good location - Our stay at Monument was fantastic. The staff was really att
- Good hotel Good design more comfortable - easy to find in downtown. small but nice hotel. a lot privat
- good location and great value for money - The hotel was located in a leafy quiet street about 10 mins
- lovely , Clean and good location - very nice for small hotel , like the walk in shower that h
- Lovely Bouitique Hotel with Great Customer Service - comfort boutique hotel with nice clean big room. the bed mat
- neat nice hotel! good bed and pool! - the hotel was neat and tidy. general good location with easy
- New , clean & friendly service. - No lift , especially if on the 3rd floor.
Breakfast on the
- Nice new small Hotel - this new boutique hotel in the center of the city is ideal f
- Quality, quiet city hotel with nice pool. -
- Quiet small hotel - When we arrived Phnom Penh and take a Tuk-Tuk, the driver wa
- Right in The Center of Phnom Penh - I love the building and the interior of this hotel. They kee
- The friendliest staff ever! - It was a nice hotel in a good location and very friendly sta
- The Monument ~ A Sweet Scent Of Lemons - We stayed at the Monument in mid-March for my mum's birthday
- ticks all the boxes - we booked this on spec and only used our criteria of free wi
- well situated hotel that was very clean - we were surprised how nice this small hotel was. good a/c i
- wonderful hotel - I really liked my stay at this hotel, staff were friendly an