Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Royal Palace Area
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (790)
July 22, 2012
Misunderstanding with staff. Wouldn't give me my room key. I got mad and tried to check put in the middle of the night and this guy, started playing the "I don't speak English game. It would have been a great experience but that guy's mishandling of what dhould have been a sple customer service issue really ruined my stay. I will never use this service again.
Don't try to get you key from the concierge if you have a guest. The attitudes of staff are anything but "pro-active"!
July 21, 2012
Great new hotel in down town Phnom Penh
Ambiance and large open spaces - 2 pools, 2 restaurants, lots of vegetation
The entrance part is spectacular, the open spaces and the lush vegetation give it a urban jungle atmosphere not reached by any other place in Phnom Penh. Staff of course friendly and very helpful, not silly attitudes and cooperative for what ever we needed.
We liked the 2 restaurants and the different atmosphere they have as well as the large swimming pool and the spa (massage).
Overall a very very pleasant stay which we can recommend to others - from single traveler to families with children.
The Hotel is well located with easy access to the sightseeing places in Phnom Penh (Palace, Museum, etc.)
July 20, 2012
Nice hotel in a busy city.
Rooms are a little small. The pool area is nice. Overall a nice hotel.
July 20, 2012
Lovely oasis in good location
I enjoyed mt stay here. Staff are super friendly and speak good English. Very modern facilities with great pool/restaurant area.
Room not too generous and bathroom a bit strange, being open to the bedroom with no privacy should you want it. Even so, I would stay again.
Hotel Feature Tip:
A pool a view room is essential
United States of America,
July 19, 2012
Beautiful Hotel, Service Needs Some Polish
Clean and Modern, convenient location
we stayed at the plantation in mid-july for two nights. we chose the plantation based on the location, positive reviews, and beautiful photos. while the hotel did not disappoint, we found the service to be friendly and enthusiastic but a bit ineffective.
the room was spacious and modern, with a cute balcony overlooking a small courtyard. other balconies overlooked the pool, but we enjoyed the quiet and seclusion. the room was well appointed and a cozy home base for our stay. breakfast was served by the swimming pool each morning -- a broad array of fruits, pastries, cereals, and western/asian options. the outdoor setting was a peaceful way to start the day.
the plantation is quite conveniently located - just north of the royal palace and street 178. the area immediately surrounding the hotel was nondescript but it was an easy tuktuk ride to the riverfront area on street 240.
the service was where the hotel could use the most improvement. the staff was very friendly and enthusiastic, but not terribly helpful. for example, when we attempted to change the time for our outgoing taxi reservation, we were told it was taken care of but walked away unsure as to whether that was the case. it wasn’t, and this sort of misunderstanding happened several times. not a dealbreaker by any means, but not the quality of service that should be provided.
United States of America,
July 18, 2012
Paradise in the City
Location, Ambiance, Pool Cabanas
Wow! From the ordinary street entrance you'd never know you were about to enter tropical paradise in a bustling city. Once inside, a your senses are instantly soothed by a water garden beside a splash pool restaurant and then onto reception. The layout of the premises is a bit of a maze, but most of the rooms surround an exquisite pool which is the focal point of the hotel. A restaurant on one end provides breakfast, lunch and dinner service to those who want to lounge in the many fan-cooled cabanas around the pool. With many trees and plants, you'd be hard-pressed to believe you're mere blocks away from some of the busiest parts of the city. During the day, there is some minor noise of a kids at school, but at night you can only here the sounds of nature. The room I picked was open-design and had the unique feature of a day bed over-looking the pool so you could chill/nap inside to escape the heat and still take in the pool view. Staff and food. Excellent. English-speaking, smiling and ultra-polite. I traveled alone, but saw many families and couples from different countries.
While the breakfast buffet is ordinary, I ate several other meals at the hotel and was quite pleased. While a bit more expensive than you'd find outside, the convenience of not paying for a tuk-tuk makes up for the price difference.
July 18, 2012
A resort like hotel , in the middle of the city
walking distance to royal palace and national musuem
a great boutique hotel, with a resort atmosphere smack in the middle of phnom penh city. beautiful interior decor, warm and friendly staff and a couple of eateries to choose from. i would stay there again should i go back to phnom penh.
there are a couple of restaurants aimed with helping street kids become chefs or professionals in the service lines which are really good. do try romdeng for creative cambodian food or friends stuff for a variety of tapas ( also walking distance to the hotel)
Families with older children
July 17, 2012
Nice hotel at good location
Everything within walking distance
Hotel was nice with two lovely pools. Staff was friendly and helpful, arranged transport to Siem Reap and follow-on stay as well as activities. Rooms are basic but clean and everyting worked.
Families with older children
July 17, 2012
very relaxed stay
the pool was just amazing, people staying there were expats so made many new friends from many places, really beautiful design
Families with older children
July 16, 2012
This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. Highly recommend. Wish we could transport it to Bali! Staff are very obliging, ambience is great, food good, pools are fantastic - they have 2, rooms are great, location good. Spa services are really good - and cheap. A good oasis to relax in this city - and in Phnom Penh you do need an oasis in my opinion. Can't fault it.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - The Plantation Urban Resort and Spa, Phnom Penh
- A Nice Modern Place - Various aspects of this hotel were nice including: its natur
- as always good - always come here when im in PP. its the place to stay if you
- Beautiful hotel in great location - Great location just a short walk from the riverfront area, r
- Beautiful Hotel In The Heart of Phnom Penh - The hotel is our favorite in Phnom Penh because it is an oas
- beautiful hotel in the heart of the city - We caught the bus in from saigon and our hotel was a 5 minut
- Beautiful hotel with a great location - The hotel is pretty much brand new, and you can tell. It got
- Beautiful hotel, very stylish and quiet - A very relaxed and friendly hotel, finished to an excellent
- Beautiful oasis in the heart of Phnom Penh - Highly recommend the Plantation. For somewhere to chill out
- Centrally located...True urban oasis! - i stayed here on my last day of a 12 day backpacking trip.
- charmin hotel - 2 days in pnom penh. long enoug for the visit. the hotel is
- clean, comfortable and friendly - I generally had a very comfortable stay. My room had powerfu
- content - Centrally located. Lovely pool area. Staff very helpful. Bre
- Convenient, comfy room - Lovely hotel and service with a smile", "Great location but
- Even better than expected - Beautiful hotel, we were upgraded when we checked in, lovely
- Excellent hotel, notch above nearby options -
- Excellent location, beatiful rooms - We stayed on a half price deal.
Completley satisfied, food
- Excellent service, always with a smile. -
- Favorite in Phnom Penh - Really like this place, very nice rooms, poolarea very pleas
- Good hotel & nice ambience - Swimming pool area is great & for ground floor the back of t
- Great hotel in the midst of chaos - The Urban Plantation is definitely an oasis in the midst of
- Great hotel, location and staff - Good spot near the Palace and National Museum. Staff were ve
- Great Hotel - Loved this hotel, was super relaxing and nice outdoor breakf
- Great hotel - this hotel was great: the setting was beautiful with the poo
- Great hotel - We really liked this hotel. Loved the pool and the private c
- Great location and comfortable room -
- Great location and hotel - The hotel is in a good location, taxis are easy to use right
- Great location but small rooms with big toilet - when i went there our taxi driver took us to another hotel s
- Great place to stay - Clean, Close and comfortable. Great massage, lovely breakfa
- greenary hotel - i really love this hotel... it is very nice andpeace ful.. r
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Lovely hotel in a convenient location with good features
- lovely hotel helpful and happy stafff - we loved every bit of it the staff made us feel at home.
- Lovely hotel near nicer side of city. - Enjoyed the pool and spa services. Very attractive setting.
- Nice - modern - Misunderstanding with staff. Wouldn't give me my room key.
- Nice environment - THis place is quite unique in Phnom Penh. Staff is great and
- Nice hotel in a central location - Was worth staying here compared to being on the riverside, s
- Nice hotel in the center of Phnom Penh - We spend 2 nights at the Plantation Hotel. It is located in
- nice hotel little hard to find - was a nice hotel,quiet location, but needs better signage,th
- Nice hotel - The hotel is beautiful with 2 swimming pools. Staffs are fri
- Nice looking hotel but needs work - Room was big with nice decoration and comfortable bed. The h
- Nice new hotel - We only stayed 1 night, the location was good, close to the
- Nice quiet hotel amid a city setting - Hotel room is spacious. I was on the ground floor, so a ther
- Nice resort with great facilities - slightly expensive for cambodian accom. but this is a nice r
- nice room, staff and pool - we had a very nice staying, lovely staff very helpful. simpl
- nice swim pool and restrant - this hotel is totally good. it is near street 240 taking 15
- Nice well-rounded hotel. - A clean and well run hotel, with great staff to take care of
- Peaceful, lovely setting, beatiful decor - Such a peaceful oasis in a bustling city. The best cocktails
- Relaxing and enjoyable - Very pleasant and well maintained hotel, fairly new in old c
- Staff are very helpful and friendly. - I enjoyed my stay at The Plantation. The location was great
- Very approapriate. - I found the staff to be very friendly, attentive and obligin
- Very good hotel, great location in city center - Great location for this hotel, not so far some local market.
- Very nice hotel in the heart of the city - The hotel was very new and modern and was a great value for
- Well situated Hotel, tastefully designed - The plantation is a quiet oasis in bustling Phnom Penh, beau
- Yet another great stay... - This place rocks. You may not many reviews by me on this hot