Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (622)
December 24, 2011
The staff were very friendly and speaks good English. The room was cosy and clean. However, there is no window and lack of a table for putting the food from room service.
December 18, 2011
We booked this hotel for 3 nights based on location. Our experience was not as positive as others. The exterior is not well signed and our tuk driver asked another tuk driver who pointed at the white building beside us. Check in was quick only to get to the room and find the door would not unlock. Front desk quickly reprogrammed the key and we entered our domain.
We had opted for the standard room when we booked and maybe that was the difference. Our room was quite small, lacked furniture besides the bed and a built in sofa, had no fancy sound system as some reviews noted, but most importantly was not well cleaned or maintained.
The black carpet was a bit dirty (not a biggy), but floor boards were loose, tiles in the bathroom around the drain were not glued down, and the fabric on the sofa was very stained. In general, it was obvious the place needed a real good scrub. Wife did inspect bed linens and was satisfied they were ok.
Breakfast was good - fixed menu but enough variety for our three days. Unfortunately, there was no hot water on day two. We tried between 8:30 and 11 and no hot. Was fine again the following morning.
Staff service was hit and miss - most were friendly and smiled but we returned to our room early afternoon and there were three young men cleaning the bathroom. They said something to us as we were checking emails but without a translator just smiled and thanked. 5 mins later a supervisor entered our room and asked us to please leave so housekeeping could finish. If I wasn't so surprised I would have advised to come back when we were out but we quietly left. The bathroom was no cleaner than when we first arrived.
The rooftop deck is ok and the view from the rail is nice. The pool however, was slightly larger than a bathtub and looked like it too needed a scrub. We did not use it.
Bottom line - this place should not qualify as a 4 star. It might make 3 star but even at that needs a good cleaning and maintenance.
December 17, 2011
Stylish boutique hotel- not great value for money
This is a stylish hotel with no lobby as such, entry through their restaurant (The Chow)
We had a standard room which wasn't very big but done up very tastefully and stylishly. Quiet and peaceful not facing the waterfront.
The location is fantastic on the waterfront which is the prime touristy area at Phnom penh, in the very center of the line up of bars and restaurants. The rooftop bar is quite good with great views, nothing exceptional on the food bit (expensive though as compared to the other bars on the waterfront)
The breakfast is not the standard buffet affair, you can choose from the a-la-carte breakfast menu. Personally, I didn't quite like the breakfast, could have been much better.
Staff could be more friendly and smiling, they are not rude, just a bit aloof.
They seem to be a bit pricey compared to the other hotels around.
December 09, 2011
Modern hotel, great service.
Lovely spacious rooms n bathrooms!
Had a very nice time. Forgot my toothbrush n hotel doesn't provide them so they sent their housekeeping out to get me one !! I thought that was pretty great service!
United States of America,
December 07, 2011
Beautiful rooms, great location
Location, decor, attentiveness of staff
it's a very nice place to stay, great location, modern decor, wonderful bathrooms, balcony in my suite, good breakfast, attentive staff. i initially was given a top floor suite, which was great except that the music from the rooftop bar came through the walls...the next day i was able to move a floor down, and all was well.
December 04, 2011
great location, modern rooms
Best rooms in Phnom Penh. Very modern with great bathrooms and decor.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Get a room with river view.
December 02, 2011
Upmarket hotel, great location on riverfront
Location very good, terrific breakfast (in bed)
Friendly and helpful staff. Upmarket fittings in room with welcome drink and fruit. Perhaps a bit overpriced compared to other hotels?
Hotel Feature Tip:
Rooftop restaurant a great spot for an evening drink/meal.
November 27, 2011
One of the best hotels I have stayed in
Fabulous design, fabulous food, great service, great view of the Mekomg
Be sure to ask for a top room looking out over the Mekong; they are more expensive but well worth it.
November 26, 2011
the hotel, compared to the rest of phnom penh, is probably a little bit too modern and styled. we booked it because of a really cheap offer. there are two different kinds of rooms; we had a small one, without balcony and no windows only with light-wells. to sleep there and live out of the suitcase, it's enough.
the breakfast is great and included in the price.
there is direct access to the roof top bar, the jacuzzi and an overwhelming view of the river.
the hotel is located next to the river and within walking distance of the national museum and the royal palace.
United States of America,
November 15, 2011
Nice staff, great food, lousy Internet.
I checked in and needed to use the internet in my room and it was not working whiched caused me some problems. It was fixed within two hours but the problem persisted the next day. I would think the managers who knew of the problem would offer a half price drink or something but they were only interested in free apologies.
amazing farmers market next to the hotel. frogs legs that you know are fresh!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - The Quay Boutique Hotel, Phnom Penh
- A nice staying, but things can improve... - The hotel staff was kind and professional, except for a rece
- a wonderful hottel - I always like tostay overlooking the river when I go to Phno
- At every level its great - our 1st night was in a standard room without the balcony but
- Best boutique hotel on the river - Great little hotel in a perfect location on Sisowath Quay. J
- city hotel - on standard room it is nice design but no window. For me it
- Contemporary Style & Convenient Location - We enjoyed our stay mainly the view, modern setup and locati
- Convenient business hotel on Riverside, Phnom Penh -
- Cosy hotel - The staff were very friendly and speaks good English. The ro
- Cosy, comfortable, good reception and atmosphere -
- Excellent location, good food, comfortable rooms - The downstairs lobby is air-conditioned during the day and i
- FCC operation - Rather expensive for the product delivered.
No hot water in
- Good location, horrible standard rooms - We liked this hotel. Located in Sisowath Quay, in the middle
- Great boutique hotel - convenient central location - Stayed for two nights. Food was excellent, better than sever
- Great boutique hotel in the centre of it all - Staff were friendly and attentive. Rooms spacious and bright
- great locaion on the river front. friendly staff. - Would recommend suites on fourth floor for great view of riv
- Great location & service. - Our favourite hotel by far during our entire trip in Cambodi
- great location abit worn out - the white leather/leatherette furnitures are stained and old
- Great location but limited ancillary activities - Phnom Phen only need one day trip, no need to stay overnight
- Great location, Friendly service, Good value - i would definitely stay here again. at the very least, it wi
- Great location, friendly staff, free wi-fi! - We had a lovely stay with very friendly staff. We received a
- great location, is an ace for this small hotel.. - we had a very short stay only one night. my impression is th
- Great Location - we stayed at the quay boutique for one night on the way to s
- Great staff and location - Beautiful hotel with wonderful staff. They went out of thei
- Great Staff - For 1-night stay, Hotel's good enough. Staff' really helpful
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - the hotel is small and has only 4 room per floor. my room wa
- Lovely Hotel at the Riverside - Love this hotel. The room are excellently decorated with all
- Lovely hotel next to the water - The food is very good and reasonably priced. There are other
- Lovely mimi hotel and service with a smile - small hotel with only 16 room
nice decoration, but no won
- Lovely modern hotel in Phom Pehn - It was a real surprise, modern, cosy, comfortable hotel in t
- Lovely restaurant and good location - The hotel is in real need of an upgrade. The drapes in the s
- Modern decor but no windows - Right on the riverfront which is close to the tourist action
- Nice and good service - Had 2 nights stay at the hotel. The room was good, clean but
- Nice hotel with great room and helpful staff - Nice place with fantastic location on the riverfront. No req
- nice hotel - great location clean room (only drawback no window in room o
- noisy experience - We arrived at the Quay and were immediatley on guard as thi
- Quay Hotel - The price is expensive comparing to other hotels nearby. The
- Review of Quay Hotel - Very good - room very good, staff very helpful and responsiv
- Small but Complete - This is a great hotel if you do not plan to stay in doors a
- Smart hotel but lacking enthusiasm - Quay is in a great location and has a smart decor but it's a
- Style against substance - The room and bathroom looked stylish but weren't as function
- The Quay Hotel - location is good to be in the center of all attractions in p
- Wonderful atmosphere and ambiance - The stay at the Plantation was a wonderful time for my wife