Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (379)
November 08, 2010
good hotel and great service
friendly and helpful staff
We loved it, not to big, not too far out of town, convenient bus service into town in the evenings, great nightlife in town.
Take five or six days to see ankhor wat with a three day pass so you can take it all in.Get a guide to explain things to you on the first day.
Families with young children
October 31, 2010
Nice hotel personalized service good location
As a family with young children, we really appreciated the caring ways of the staff at the Kool Hotel. The hotel is clean and away from the busy streets which provided for a very restful holiday. The restaurant offers local and mexican fares. The tour services provided a safe and freindly driver for us to explore the wonders of Angkor. Thank you!
October 26, 2010
Great service, good food, at a great price
Great service, inexpensive food and drinks, free wifi
From the complimentary airport shuttle to pick us up, to the friendly welcoming as we arrived the service was second to none, and always with a smile.
Breakfast was included, and all dinners at the hotel were.
Through the hotel we arranged a guide for day, and an air conditioned car. Split 3 ways with my traveling companions it was very cheap, and the best way to see the temples at Angkor Wat, etc. to do it at your own pace.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone!
October 26, 2010
Great hotel with very friendly staff
Low price, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms
We had a pleasant 4 night stay at the Kool Hotel. Their staff is their greatest asset, being not only very helpful and knowledgeable, but also very friendly. It's nice to have conversations with them and they even ask how your tour day went and what you have planned for upcoming days.
The rooms are clean and relatively simple.
The pool is relatively small but it is usable and the garden surrounding it is nice. The food and drink was very reasonably priced and the complimentary breakfast had lots of variety and substantial portions.
Overall, we would recommend the Kool Hotel.
Spend a couple days going to Angkor, but it's also worth going to Tonle Sap lake to see the floating village if you get too "templed out"
October 16, 2010
nice hotel with a good service
clean, decent and affordable
It has been a good experience to spend our night at Kool Hotel. Nice service, it feels like home and affordable. I really love it there.
Temples is a must. A tour from hotel is recommended
October 11, 2010
Decent value Angkor hotel
Very friendly reception on arrival, provision of water in room, very clean, lovel y outdoor pool, easy to hire a tuk-tuk downtown
I arrived at about 6:30 pm. The staff greeted me warmly with a cup of tea and cold facecloth. In generally, they were very helpful regarding how to get around Siem Reap and out to the temples.
Check out the boutique shops around the central market. You can buy lots of handmade jewelry and silks that actually help the local people.
October 07, 2010
Friendly staff, tasty food, good price
Good Food. Friendly staff
Stayed 4 nights in Oct. Chosen on the basis of tripadvisor reviews, hotel type and price. Collected from airport at 9am by hotel Tuk-tuk (free). We were given a good briefing by Sothy, from reception who made useful suggestions based on our ideas, including contacting a specific guide that we wanted. Happily, he was available so we hired a van & driver from the hotel and he took us off exploring for 6 hours. It was probably a little more expensive than hiring taxi but it was more convenient, the vehicle was in good condition and the driver was interesting.
Good size room. All the facilities were fine. We didn't use the small pool in the leafy outdoor area but it all looked attractive and was used by others. The small pool on the top floor was out of use because it'd sprung a leak, – it seemed that people generally didn't go up there. My only minor complaint was due to the tiled floors - there was the odd bit of noise from furniture being moved in the room above but it wasn't a problem. The air-con was good and so was the wi-fi.
Breakfasts were very good - we enjoyed the Canadian Pancakes. Our two evening meals in the Kool Hotel were far better than anything we had at the 3 other places we ate in downtown Siem Reap. Reasonably priced too, tho you pay a bit more for the beer. The Amok fish is the local speciality and quickly became a firm favourite.
But particular praise goes out to Sayann and the reception and restaurant staff and the drivers - eager to please, flexible and keen to help. They strived to provide high standards of service throughout.
Families with older children
October 02, 2010
Nice enough but...
Swimming Pool and thats it!
we stayed at the kool hotel expecting great service and we got it, with a price. as soon as we arrived we were harrassed by staff to visit 'their' friends tailors, which we soon found out to be theirs. and as soon as they realised that we weren't going they weren't that nice to us. housekeeping would knock on our door at 8am demanding to do the housekeeping, while we we're still asleep. the bed kept breaking at night and we're not fat people. and having a shower was horrible as the water would go everywhere!
so it was an okay hotel, but not worth the 4 stars. 2.5 stars maybe.
Go to the good Tailors like Yaly or Thu Thian (something like that). The tailors that are set up nice are the best. And they aren't that much more expensive than the cheap tailors.
And go to the spa across the road, 6hr spa for only $66
September 30, 2010
Perfect for Our Stay
Nice pool, friendly and helpful staff, good location, massage services in hotel, delicious food
Food is awesome. For breakfast the bagels with bacon and egg, as well as the Angkor omelet were our favourites. We also liked the Amok fish for dinner.
The cost for a travel guide which comes with a nice airconditioned car and cold bottles of water (tour services offered by the hotel) can be a little high, but if you don't need too much detail in historical explanations and can get by with a travel guide, you're better off hiring the services of a tuktuk (also from hotel) and he will take you to all the places and temples you want to see at a much cheaper price.
September 24, 2010
Kool Hotel - Very Well Named!
Staff, pleasant room, great food, good pool, great breakfast
Lovely place, welcoming staff armed with iced towels and tea. Helpful let me use their office computer to print boarding passes. I recommend the Kool Hotel without hesitation. Make sure you try their Fish Amok
Using a tuk tuk to see the temples was great - especially the drivers idea of Ankor Wat last (after lunch)
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - The Kool Hotel, Siem Reap
- beautiful hotel and first class friendly staff - One of the very best small hotels we've ever enjoyed.
- Comfortable, lovely, spotty service - service depended on who was at the front desk. at times it
- Delightful, wonderfull hotel, amazing services - Stayed here only one night on a quick trip to see the Angkor
- Easy going Hptel - Although you drive down a 'scary laneway' the hotel people
- Friendly small hotel - We were made to feel very welcome. The manager spoke excelle
- Friendly staff - Located en small dirty street, but within walking distance t
- Friendly staffs, nice room - we stayed there for 5 days. this hotel is small and personal
- good hotel and great service - We loved it, not to big, not too far out of town, convenient
- Good place for on the outskirts of the city - located far from the center but they operate free shuttle se
- Good sevice , lovely hotel - A very relaxing enjoyable stay . Great value for money
- great modern hotel - Overall good stay at modern hotel with good service. I woul
- Great staff- Excellent Service- Kool Hotel - Arrived around 8:30 pm and was greeted by the manager with a
- Great Value and Great Service - Hotel organised a tuk tuk driver to meet us from our plane a
- Incredible Service and staff, Beautiful hotel - We were greeted from a dusty tuk tuk with cold hand towels a
- kool hotel siem reap - A lovely boutique hotel in Siem Reap. Family run nothing too
- Kool is Kool - The room was great. Breakfast was good but not the strongest
- KOOL.........Excellent holiday in Siem Reap !!! - Me & my boy stayed in the Aspara Delux room of The Kool duri
- Lovely and friendly hotel with excellent service - Stayed at this hotel for a few nights with my family, they a
- perfect - wonderful time, wished we could of stayed longer missed a da
- service w/ a smile - we are family and friends that always go on vacation trip.
- The kool hotel - Staff is very nice and friendly, they provide complimentary
- Top Hotel - staff were excellent on arrival, greeted with cold drinks an
- Top noth customer service - we stayed at the kool hotel for three nights and couldn't be
- Very friendly staff and good value for the money. - The rooms are a good size and excellent staff. Beakfast was
- Very welcoming staff. - The personal touch was wonderful and extremely welcome. Sta
- What a hotel!!! - What a hotel.Ideal for visiting temples or shopping in Siem