Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (767)
United States of America,
August 09, 2011
Nice hotel great location
This is a very nice hotel with a helpful staff . There was a good breakfast provided . The hotel is an easy walk to the forbidden city and the square . The rooms were clean and roomy . The hotel had a good selection of ammenities .The hotel was near the railroad station . I would stay here next time I am in Beijing
August 07, 2011
Luxurious and grand, with excellent service
English speaking staff, clean, luxurious, large rooms
i stayed at the capital hotel, beijing with a group of students travelling around china. the hotel was excellent. with a number of restaurants, as well as recreational activities including the fitness centre, pool, sauna and bowling alley, the capital hotel was always a fun place to stay. it is reasonably close to the underground, and very close to attractions such as tienaman square and the forbidden city. staff at the hotel speak great english and if you are looking for a tour i would highly recommend booking it through them. i had a great day and would recommend it to anyone.
Enjoy the buffet breakfast one morning!
July 24, 2011
Better than last time.....
This was my second stay in this hotel. I only booked it again because it is reasonably priced and I thought I knew what I would get. Surprise, surprise, I did not get allocated a non-smoking room as requested, but I knew to verify at check in and at least this time they were gracious and immediately "upgraded" me to a non smoking room that was genuinely non smoking. Better than my previous experience. The rooms are absolutely fine, the staff reasonably friendly, getting a taxi can be an issue but overall I would choose to stay here again next time I am in Beijing.
If you want to go to the nearby famous Peking duck restaurant, you need to book in advance otherwise you have no chance to get in. In front of the real restaurant is a "fast food" version that will disappoint if you don't know what you are getting. And even the queues for that are huge.
July 22, 2011
Location, Pool, Clean rooms
we enjoyed staying at the capital hotel in beijing. the staff were very helpful, the rooms were a good size and clean. the hotel also has a swimming pool we could use free of charge. it is about a 10min walk to the main shopping street and the forbidden city. it is about a 5 min walk to the nearest petrol station.
July 20, 2011
Walking distance to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Wangfujing St
we booked a deluxe room, which was located in tower a. spacious room with plenty of storage space for luggage and personal items. very clean room and air-conditioning was also well suited for the beijing summer heat. plenty of restaurants to choose from and the hotel also offers spa, gym and massage facilities. major attractions like tiananmen square and forbidden city are 10mins walk away. the staff were also very friendly and helpful. most were able to speak english and always ready to assist. overall, an excellent experience.
July 18, 2011
Standard - Good Value except for the hard beds
Good english-speaking staff, rooms in good condition, 15 mins walk from Wangfujing and near Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen and Forbidden City (by taxi)
Capital Hotel is an old hotel, you can tell from the facade and the lobby area. The rooms are in good size but should be overdue for a makeover. The carpet and sofa chairs needs to be replaced. There are no restaurants nearby, all by 10 mins walk so if you are OK walking, this should be not a problem. One major complaint, beds are soooo hard and I'm not even picky. They should adjust for cultures used to sleeping in soft, cushioned beds.
July 15, 2011
Great location, great hotel!
Lobby, bedroom, Gym, helpful staff
We stayed in Capital hotel for 4 nights. IT is a very nice hotel, conveniently situated near to main sights of Beijing city and Metro stations. There are restaurants and many shops nearby also. The rooms were big and spaqcious but the bed was very hard and uncomfortable but we were told this is the norm for beds in China.
July 14, 2011
very comfy hotel
english speaking receptionist always available
we stayed for four nights at this hotel. it had all the amenities to make our stay very comfortable. the reception area always had an english speaking staff even at the middle of the night. our rooms were made up everyday (of course by request). it was accessible to tiananmen square (about 10 minutes by cab) but if by walking around 30 minutes. it was also accessible to the subway (chongwenmen station of line 2) for about 20 mintues by walking. so if you are really tired from all the touring, we would have preferred a hotel nearer the subway.
if you are going to tiananmen square, take a cab instead of walking. save up all your energy for the forbidden city tour.
July 14, 2011
the capital hotel is well located. it is a shortish walk to tiananmen square, restaurants and shopping centres. the hotel is huge - like china. the rooms very spacious with large bathroom. the beds are a tad hard but hey thats china. the staff were excellent.
do not talk/go with 2/3 strangers. very dangerous. they say they want to practise english - no they don't. be very, very careful. also only pay one third of what they ask when buying anything in stalls.
July 12, 2011
Take Taxi from airport, offer 150 rmb.. $23 Canadian... No problem, they will take it. Other than that, taxis are cheap from hotels because they have to use meter. Away from hotels, expect to have to deal... I started with 1/2 their request and settled for about 2/3.. still cheaper than US or Canada! ..Food in hotel was 'hotel food' not to bad in teast or price but found lots of really big shopping malls within 10 min. walk or 5 min. taxi.. lots of food outlets, McD's, Pizza Hut, KFC ans others... very cheap! This hotel is close to several tourist areas, ask staff... They all speak good English.. but no one on the street...Poor gym!
Go to 'Bar Street' 300 + F&B around a lake
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Capital Hotel, Beijing
- A Capital deception - May be this hotel 30 years ago could be rated as it is rated
- Average hotel - We were disappointed in our stay. Service was average, with
- Big hotel but inconvenient for commuters - Capital Hotel during low season is practically dead quiet ex
- capital hote beijing - there was no special room in the hotel, i was cheated by you
- Capital Hotel, Beijing - We enjoyed the stay. The rooms were well appointed and furn
- capital hotel, good stay! - Our stay at The Capital was comfortable with two small kids.
- Capital Hotel, -
- Capital Hotel -
- Capital Hotel-Beijing - hotel is ok but 2 nights is not enough to explore. we arrive
- Decent Hotel in Excellent Location - the hotel is in a very convenient location. near the forbid
- Dr. Ailo Paul - This is a great hotel reasonably priced certain time of the
- English Speaking Hotel - The hotel provided english speaking staff which is very good
- Excellent Hotel Friendly Staff, Great Location. - Hotel is an easy 10 min walk from Tiananmen Square and The F
- Excellent service in Beijing - An excellent hotel with good service and of course fine loca
- Fantastic hotel - amazing hotel, very kind personal, fantastic food, you have
- Good hotel but only good for chinese customers - The hotel is nice and economical, the reception and staff la
- Good hotel, very good service - This hotel is huge. There are lots of restaurants here, I d
- good hotel - The hotel is well worth staying at. I was there during a col
- good location and english speaking reception desk - the room is a bit old but reasonable for our stay. when we g
- Great big hotel! Awesome features! Great Location! - Hotel is great! We stayed 4 people in a superior room (two t
- Great hotel - great staff - It is a nice hotel. The coctails are a bit pricey but so is
- Great Hotel - The hotel is perfectly located a few blocks from Tiananmen s
- Great hotel - We had a great time at this hotel. Would recommend staying t
- Great location but small room - has a overall satisfied stay with good security, counter sta
- Great location but small rooms - Our room was adequate but small.Good value for money for a s
- great location in a very large hotel - Excellent foyer and excellent rooftop restaurant on the 20th
- Great Location near very friendly and clean - a good hotel, well kept, friendly staff, a little expensive
- Great location, clean rooms, very firm mattress - we had a corner room with plenty of space that was very clea
- Great service but rooms had single beds - The hotel was nice, it was close to the major attractions. T
- Hotel Capital Beijing. - Every thing was just fine.
- Nice hotel great location - This is a very nice hotel with a helpful sta
- Nice hotel but WiFi isn't good -
- Nice hotel with superb views - We stayed in a deluxe room, which was quite large. The room
- Nice hotel - It's ok hotel..... It's said you have free wifi.. But at the
- Nice, clean hotel in the centre of the city - very comfortable stay - not far from tiananmen square and th
- Not as good as i thought - i stayed in building a. they have upgraded me to deluxe room
- not bad - I found this hotel to be a hit and a miss not too far from t
- okay but not great - the room is very good size but it is not very clean. It need
- OLD IS GOLD (Hotel is old but still it's a Gold) - Stay in Capital Hotel was Really excellent as we were there
- perception of 5 stars differ - Basically a good hotel, room are fairly decent, not a 5 star
- Reasonable hotel within tourist places - It is more for business traveller and not too suitable for f
- Souless Box dreadful service Rock hard Beds - Terrible hotel in a very good location
Pool not clean and o
- STAY AWAY! - This hotel never lived up to its billing! Completely disapp
- The Dream's Hotel - When you arrive in the hotel, you will think you're in a mov
- very clean and spacious room - i have been to beijing many times. this is the first time i
- very nice hotel with helpfull staff - I enjoyed my stay at the hotel that hd a very good location
- Worst Service hotel but in a good location. - I won't recommend anyone to stay in this hotel unless, surro