Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Wangfujing Street & Forbidden City
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (765)
United States of America,
July 11, 2010
Nice, big rooms, very clean, great reception workers who speak English well
We had a great stay at the Capital-great hotel for the value. Only problem was the location-kinda far from a good Metro stop. Otherwise I highly recommend it.
July 09, 2010
Beautifully appointed hotel with friendly helpful
While we enjoyed the swimming pool at the end of the day the location and atmosphere was a little sterile. The ladies in our group enjoyed the really professional treatment of the staff when they had their foot massage.
If your trip doesn't include breakfast vouchers negotiate this at the front desk at check in. Staff at breakfast go into a bit of a spin if you dont have one.
Families with young children
July 09, 2010
Good hotel but not much around in terms of Shops
Large room good facilities
The Capital Hotel Beijing close to major attractions. The rooms are generous and clean. The hotel have great facilities like tennis courts, indoor pool and a well equipped gym. We found the beds a bit hard but they seem to be the same in all hotels we stayed in China. Besides the reception staff, language was a problem but the staff were friendly and tried to help as best they can when they knew want we were asking. I wish there were shops and resturants close by to grab a quick bite or get some supplies.
United States of America,
July 08, 2010
comfortable clean beds and room; refrigerator in room; clean bath
The hotel is very pleasant and very clean, centrally located. Room was very comfortable and spacious. Only downside was lack of free wi-fi. Paid wi-fi was not available in room, however; it was available only in lobby area and restaurant. I will stay again, and recommend it to friends wanting a place to stay in Beijing, with the caveat about wi-fi availability.
July 01, 2010
very happy with the room, and central location
location and size of room, handy to subway station, very easy to get around city
this hotel was a good pick off the internet, we were upgraded to a suite which was great to relax in after a month away from home...had both a bath and good shower, and two tvs which helped when Wimbeldon tennis was on!!!
Bed was very comfortable and room was in a quiet area of hotel.We dined at restaurant which was good, and used the swimmibg pool which was well kept and serviced.
June 28, 2010
Location near business centre and toerist attractions
Pleasant stay in a hotel looking not as modern as all the skyscrapers in it surroundings.
June 20, 2010
Friendly Staffs, Big Rooms and Full of Facilities
Staffs are very politely and kindness. Room is very big and fll of facilities.
So sad that cant shopping around hotel, the hotel quite far from shopping zone.
June 18, 2010
Great location and clean rooms
A good stay for business, and sight-seeing. The internet access is too expensive.
June 18, 2010
Spacious, clean entrance and reception are, with a number of large lifts
The hotel entrance from the road does not look inviting and signage, if you walk is not clearly visible. The staff are efficient and friendly. Food is highly priced, as are drinks. the prices cannot compete to keep within the hotel. A reduction in pricing will entice more guests to eat in.
The massages etc are price prohibitive.
very good front of house staff, commissionaires, porters, etc. with extremely helpful desk staff.
Use our friend Carlo and his ricksaw....set the price before climbing on board....brilliant and very fare.
United States of America,
June 11, 2010
Dr. Ailo Paul
The location is super, right in front of Beijing's ancient diplomatic street, Tung Chao Ming Chaun and about 10 minutes' walk from Wangfujing, Beijing's hottest shopping area. The hotel's front yard is huge for morning walk and secure with three gates guarded 24 hours and 7 days. It has a nice gym, sauna and swimming pool well tended. The rooms are clean and neat. I stayed there 46 days in the past 6 months and loved every moment I was there.Hotel has nice restaurants, bars and good servie.
This is a great hotel reasonably priced certain time of the year.Beijing Train station is about 5 minutes away by taxi, where one can also take the bus to the and fro the airport. The hotel offers great sense of security because it is walled and guarded 24 hours a day. One can take a short walk in about 6 minutes to the famous Tienannmen Square, the Forbidden City and all the famous tourist spots. The famous Tien Tan Park is also a few minutes' walk where we can see all kinds of
gatherngs such as Taiqi and swords, rose gardens, forests and a hundre other activities.Lots of foreigners stay and their non-smoking rooms are pretty well kept that way. In summer time, they set up an outdoors bar blue Hawaii style with nice barbecue ribs cooked on the spot and cold beer and lots of stars above the head. It is a jewel hotel! Five stars, indeed!
On the right hand side of the hotel and across the street there is a farmers market where you can pick up vine-ripe,pound- heavy tomatoes and other fresh fruits at very reasonable price. You can get 3 large tomatoes for 1.50 RMB, about 0.2 US dollar! Wow!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Capital Hotel, Beijing
- A nice hotel with a good location. - We booked this hotel to join some friends in the middle of B
- An introduction to Beijing - We enjoyed our stay at the Capital Hotel. It was in a good l
- AOK Hotel with fast service - We stayed there for 4 nights and everyday, upon return from
- Beautiful hotel, great price - Next time I'm in Beijing I will definitely stay here again.
- business trip to beijing in capital hotel - overall, my stay in capital hotel is wonderful. the hotel is
- Capital Hotel, -
- Capital Hotel -
- capital hotel - The hotel was in a handy position for sightseeing the local
- Capital Hotel - there wasn't concierge staff after 12 midnight. we arrived a
- Central loaction and great service in Club rooms - well presented hotel with plenty of amenities, not that we h
- comment from guest - this is nice clean hotel, you can take both taxi and /or bus
- Convenience - I was satisfied mostly with two things. First, the hotel's p
- Convenient and comfortable hotel - location is good. just 5-min walking distance from metro sta
- DADA - bathroom is very old,but clean...bed is extremly hard...stuf
- Decent hotel. Would Stay Again - Overall, this is a decent hotel to stay at while in Beijing.
- Excellent amenities, location, and service. - Had absolutely no problems with the Capital's amenities or s
- Fantastic Hotel - Very nice hotel! Beautiful interior and the rooms are also l
- fsntastic location, easy walking to major sights - Travelling without a guide makes this hotel very worthwhile.
- Good and clean hotel - hotel was nice, clean, internet was ok and convenient. food
- good deal - Value for money. Well maintained hotel. Staffs are helpful a
- Good location and good value - The hotel is very close to city and shopping centre. 5 minut
- good location - Hotel was located very close to Beijing central shopping are
- Gorgeous Hotel in the Heart of Beijing - Upon checking into the Hotel the bell hop informed the Chine
- grate room with grate servicess - Room was excelent , the food was good, room services were on
- Great loacation with a big room - the stay was an experience in a foreign country where most m
- great location - near museum - great location - near forbidden city, tian an square, chairm
- Great location but disappointing as 5 stars hotel - i was with my 13 years child and stayed for 4 nights.
- great location in walking distance of t/ n square - breakfast was good and we stayed three nights in total.
- Great room location is moderate - Overall the room I stayed is good.
Everything in the room i
- Great Value - Pros:
The hotel is located close to Tiananmen, Qianmen (10m
- It was a struggle but we got there in the end... - We had booked a king size bed and a no smoking room but on a
- Luxurious and grand, with excellent service - i stayed at the capital hotel, beijing with a group of stude
- Modest luxury in central Beijing - good English spoken, helpful attitude at all times, meets in
- near Tian An Men adn meuseum and qian men - I stayed on the club floor.
it is good enough hotel with de
- Nice Experience - Nice welcome, cooperative attitude, well mannered staff alwa
- nice hotel and service excellent - there was a little lost in translation in mant cases,but cas
- Nice hotel with great central location. - good breakfast buffet! not much else around for breakfast.
- Nice hotel, very good staff, excellent location - this is rather a 4 star hotel than a 5 star one but still my
- Nice Hotel - We had a great stay at the Capital-great hotel for the value
- Nice room as the room was upgraded - As the previous day, the wifi internet was bad, after report
- OLD IS GOLD (Hotel is old but still it's a Gold) - Stay in Capital Hotel was Really excellent as we were there
- Perfect hotel! - I hit a home run with this hotel! It has a great location wi
- Pleasant stay at Capital Hotel - The best part of the hotel is the location! Very near to the
- Short stay - Hotel room was clean and very spacious with two large beds a
- weekend break - Hotel well situated for sightseeing, subways and shopping. V
- Well priced hotel very close to Forbidden City - for a 5* hotel, the capital hotel was very reasonably priced
- красивый отель и хорошее расположение - все было велеколепно кроме постели мотрас очень жоский надо