Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Wangfujing Street & Forbidden City
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (764)
Families with older children
April 14, 2010
Capital Hotel Beinjing is a great place to stay
great rates through Agoda for a 5 star hotel. very central location
I recently stayed (twice) at the Capital Hotel in Beijing. The location is really good, you can easily walk to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden Palace, and all the Chinese restaurants near the Square. The rooms are big, very clean and everything works. They have several non-smoking floors, which is great, because everyone everywhere else seems to smoke all the time. We found it really easy to get around from here. The subway is close by and buses and taxis go along the street all the time. The hotel staff spoke English and could easily arrange long distance train tickets, as well as tickets for the Acrobat Show, shaolin warrior monks and Beijing Opera. One of the friends I was travelling with left his expensive watch on the over night train we returned from Xian on and the hotel was fantastic and called to see if it had been found. Amazingly it had been handed in by the railway staff and the hotel sent one of their staff with him to reclaim it. That is not the kind of help you get every day. The kids really appreciated the indoor heated pool and the bowling alley in the basement.
Unfortunately the hotel food (with the exception of the very over priced Italian restaurant) is pretty ordinary. Nothing you would actually want to eat, it is over priced etc. McDonalds, Pizza Company etc will deliver to your room if the kids want a break from rice and noodles and there is a really good French restaurant within walking distance.
Skip the Pearl Market, even though it is closer to the hotel, the Silk Market has better range and cheaper prices. It also has places inside where you can have something to eat and a cup of tea. The shoe shops in the basement are especially good value.
April 10, 2010
Good hotel, but be cautious
Very large, nicely decorated rooms. Great location only a couple blocks from Tiananmen Square.
I was really impressed with the room and value for the money. However, I have some serious safety concerns with this hotel. I booked a day tour of The Great Wall and other sites through the hotel concierge. To make a long story short, we (our hotel group of 3 women) were picked up by scam artists claiming to be our tour guides. They came right into the lobby, introduced themselves and started touring us around. As the so-called guide spoke perfect english and seemed knowlegable about Beijing, we didn't realize anything was wrong. That was until our 'real' tour guide found us at one of the tourist sites (they had arrived 5 minutes late to our hotel and had been looking for us all morning). Apparently they were going to eventually demand money and who knows what else! In addition, there was a group of very dodgy looking bike taxi guys camped outside the hotel waiting to harrass people. As a 35 year old blond women, I got harrassed every time I walked by! I was amazed that hotel security was only a few steps away and didn't get rid of them. The hotel is actually quite nice and I do recommend it, just be aware of these things especially if travelling alone.
Be careful crossing the street as many cars will not stop for pedestrians, even if you have the right of way.
Families with young children
United States of America,
April 03, 2010
Good price for this hotel
price is excellent, locacation is good, close to the tiang an min square and wang fu jian.
i would stay again if i come back to beijing
price is excellent, locacation is good, close to the tiang an min square and wang fu jian.close to public transportation and shopping area
i would stay again if i come back to beijing. It also has a nice cantonese restaurant in the second floor.
Families with young children
March 29, 2010
2 nights stay and nothing special to write home about. The location of the hotel was our main reason for choosing this place as we could easily walk to two different shopping areas and the forbidden city.
The room was nice and large, very comfortable but for two important factors...
1. the beds were the hard chinese style with each bed spring detectable during your sleep.
2. a foul smell from the shower and bathroom drainage that was so bad our housekeepers placed plastice lining over them. The order was so bad we ending up taking our showers at the pool and using the bathroom in our room as little as possible. We even tried pouring coffee crystals down the drain to change the smell, with limited success.
The Italian restaurant is quite pricy and the pizza is not all as desribed on the English menu. Hawaiin piza is made with canned fruit cocktail and ground beef/pepperroni is actually steak and peppers.
March 28, 2010
Capital Hotel Review
Location, price for room was reasonable
The hotel was very large and spacious. The hotel was also very clean. The staff seemed friendly as well and provided good service. I stayed in a suite which was quite comfortable except the heating system would not shut off even though I tried to stop it. I succeeded to cool the rooms down by opening the windows except this lead to noise pollution from the street. The location of the hotel was very good as well being very close to the rail station and Tian men Square. I did not enjoy the breakfast which was very costly. Generally though it met my expectations and I would return there.
Forbidden city very close by including Mao's tomb.
March 27, 2010
good location, nice service, nice staff
the hotel has a great location, neer the forbiden city and very close by the wungfujing rd.
the staff was very nice and knew english so it
was good to be able to communicate and get information.
the rooms were nice and large and the bathtub was what we needed after a long day of walking.
we got to the hotel in at noon and it was nice that the room was ready right away for us.
The hotel is a short distance from the MTR so we took a taxi because we could not
walk the distance with our luggage.
The hotel staff was nice, and they all knew English well enough to guide us and get a good service.
We did not take the breakfast there since we heard it is expensive so we don't know the level of the food. However there are plenty of place in wungfujing st' and a lot of bakeries that offer a good variety in a nice value.
Overall I like this hotel and would consider coming back if they will replace the mattress.
good to go and check out the noght market in wungfujing.
March 26, 2010
Capital Hotel Beijing
+ good location
+ clean room, bed and toilet
+ very helpful staff especially the elderly gentlemen staff showing your way on the lift.
The lobby was very grand and spacious and gives a nice feeling. The location is perfect to all the tourist attraction. It is a very quite place despite being in the heart of the city, however there is very little shop just next to the hotel for food and you need to walk around 15 mins to the nearest eatery.
Overall, this is a excellent hotel with friendly and helpful staff esepcially the elderly one. Will definite come back to stay.
It is very near all the sightseeing attraction like palace museum, tianmien square and wanfuqing
March 26, 2010
Capital Hotel Homelike hotel
Good rooms and very good location a bit far from the shopping centers but still home like hotel.
Capital hotel a home like accommodation that provides a comfortable and good location and ambiance residence. The hotel location in city center is a central place allowing easy movement to various important and famous places in Beijing. With driving vehicle there is easy and central access to China's capital historic locations. The staff are honest and the room service is quick and efficient. I recommend it to other travellers to experience Beijing from a good central accommodation.
you would find needed services around the hotel but it is recommended to hire a car or ask for a taxi especially when the weather is as cold as it was in March.
March 25, 2010
A Capital deception
I couldn`t find many strong points of this Hotel, in fact I better say: NONE
May be this hotel 30 years ago could be rated as it is rated now; but, except for the size of the room, this totel should be not rated with more than 3 stars. It is incredible the price of the food in any of the restaurants and also incredible the low quality. The problem is that if you want to find a medium clase restaurant around the hotel there are none, it is a really sad street, nothing to see in 500 meters around, not a shop, not a coffeshop, not a food store, not a restaurant... the hotel knows that and that is the reason why they put the prices so high. It is true that is near Tiannanmen Square, but I have to say that it is one of the biggest and sadest places that I have seen in the world, so I cannot see the advantage of being so closed!
nothing really... this hotel is sorrounded by military, police and Chinese comunist party buildings that made it very "secure" and very "boring"!
March 24, 2010
Location is good. Rooms are clean and the English speaking staffs are helpful.
Value for money. Well maintained hotel. Staffs are helpful and friendly. Rooms are comfortable despite the a little hard bed. Hotel located at the center of many main attractions of Beijing. 5 minutes to Forbidden City, Wangfujing and Qianmen shopping paradise. Definitely my choice of hotel. My recommendation to tourist visiting Beijing
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Capital Hotel, Beijing
- 2 single beds for a couple???? - Good hotel with adequate rooms. Browny points as they gave u
- A really Good Hotel - Stayed in this hotel and loved it. There are 2 different Tow
- authentically chinese - great hotel with nice lobby and friendly staff. the pool was
- Basic Hotel in Good Location - the room was okay. clean, but not terribly modern. the who
- Beautifully appointed hotel with friendly helpful - While we enjoyed the swimming pool at the end of the day the
- beijing capital hotel - the staff was really nice and did a good job at making us fe
- Better than last time..... - This was my second stay in this hotel. I only booked it agai
- big hotel but far from shopping distance - hotel is big, but kinda old and the the are is far from shop
- Capital Hotel Beinjing is a great place to stay - I recently stayed (twice) at the Capital Hotel in Beijing. T
- Capital Hotel Bejing - We really enjoyed our 5 night stay at Capital Hotel. The loc
- Capital Hotel -
- Capital Hotel -
- Capital Hotel - Fantastic hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Bell
- Capital Hotel - It is a nice hotel,clean and spacious,except from a quite ol
- Capital Hotel-great location for tourists - The location is great for this hotel- able to walk to Forbid
- Comfortable bed and spacy room - Club lounge was closed as construction work, but hotel arran
- Good hotel with affordable price - Good location near some famous sightseeing, just a few minut
- good hotel, good service - staff was helpful but most have limited english. any non-st
- Good Hotel, worth of money - 25 minutes walk to wanfuzing, 25 minutes walk to Tianamen Sq
- Good Location & Rooms - just 10mins walk from 2 train stations and tianmen square wh
- good location, comfortable stay - a very standard hotel with standard services provided, nothi
- Good Location - Comfortable room and the breakfast is good. It is only 5 mi
- Good location - within walking distance of Tian 'Amen square and Forbidden C
- Good place and good location, not so convenient - Arrive late at night. Provided exactly what I have requesnte
- Good position, but a little bit old style - The hotel is in a good position, very close to tourist attra
- Good stay in Beijing - Nice room, clean,the bed is a bit hard, nice lobby where it
- Good Stay - a good 4 star hotel with all the amenities of a 5 star hotel
- Good Value for money - airconditioning not ineffective and is shutdown at night! th
- Gorgeous Hotel - In general we like this hotel very much and will recommend t
- Great Location, not much english with the staff - We walked to Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and Palace
- Great location, uncomfortable bed - Fantastic area, within walking distance to Tiananmen Square,
- Great location. Stayed a blok B, clean , new room. - the hotel was suitable for my grp. convenient location & if
- great location - great locattion for my son and i to explore the city byfoo i
- High Cost Performance Hotel - It's the High Cost Performance Hotel
Near the Tian'an Men a
- location - This is a very nice hotel and very reasonable at this rating
- lovely hotel and service a smile - it is a comfortable staying with fairly good location.
- nice hotel - nice hotel but a bit old, restoration needed, we booked 4 no
- NICE HOTEL - This is very nice hotel for money.
Nice location. Good peopl
- Nice room with great location - nice hotel with friendly staff. location is good, near bejin
- Not a bad hotel, but bad in wifi internet - Room was quiet and cleanly prepared and very reasonable
- Not satisfy with the overall service - We checked in late (around 9pm) on the 1st day. Looked and
- Pleasant staff, very helpful... food was awful - Would stay again if ever in Beijing. Don't plan to eat there
- service with smile but small room - service with smile but small room and abit out of town area
- spacious room with good location - they have big spacious rooms.the highter level has a wonderf
- Spacious room... but need some maintenance - Its a good stay for 5d4n. Enjoy the swimming pool. Walking d
- Sweet Hotel - We couldn't ask for a better hotel, just make sure you have
- Very good location near the center and Metro -