Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Wangfujing Street & Forbidden City
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (493)
September 24, 2011
I spend one week at the hotel while I was on a business trip, accompanied by my wife who was on vacations. First observation: Location is perfect both for business and leisure. The hotel has good access to subway (for your business meetings) and it is also within walking distance from main attractions (the forbidden city is just around the corner).
Rooms (I had the Deluxe Executive) are very spacious and fully equipped. Very nice bathrooms. Big office space with lots stationery.
A very positive point: Windows can be opened (not fully) and this allows you to change the air in the room.
Breakfast is just decent in terms of variety and average in terms of quality.
Staff is helpful.
Overall: highly recommended.
September 21, 2011
Great location and confortable room
clean, room with computer and free internet
we stayed 5 nights in Jade Garden Hotels and enjoyed every moments. It is very near to Forbidden City, Tian'anmen Square (to watch daily morning and evening flag rising and lowering ceremony), Wangfujing 1 km shopping street and night markets. Walking distance to subway Wangfujing station and Tian'anmen East station. Restaurants for local foods, fast foods, muslim foods are nearby/surrounded from the hotel.
September 18, 2011
Great location, great service
a historical hotel that has been fully refurbished, retaining the ancient roof character, very nice. the hotel provides 4 small bottles of mineral water & 4 cans of soft drinks daily, the first i've ever come across in any hotel. room is spotless. air-conditioning may be a problem for some, quite warm for us, reason given it's autumn season. but they provided us a table fan. walking distance to the forbidden city, passing some small shops where you can buy cheaper beijing shoes with embroidery; short walk to wangfujing, food & shopping street. about 15-20 mins walk to the nearest subway, not too bad, buses easily available. would definitely come back.
Nearby the hotel, at Donganmen Street, Da Wan Ju Restaurant a must try. Went there for dinner, no regret, went again the next day for lunch, had one of the best jiaozhi (dumpling) in Beijing.
September 16, 2011
great location, good front desk
went there already at the beginning of a one month china trip in august 2011. efficient and friendly front desk,travel counter which was able to secure my train tickets,very good breakfast
take a room at least on floor three, otherwise you might have a blind view
September 16, 2011
Great location, ok hotel.
The location and the price.
This hotel is not great, it's just OK, but the price is good, so... You get free sodas everyday, which is sweet. It did smell a bit like sigarettes in the non smoking room, but I guess that's just China for you. Breakfast is very good, lots of different food to taste, even dim sum :) All in all, it's nothing special, it's just a place to stay that's close to the forbidden city.
Go to the 798 art district if you want to something very different from the downtown sights. It's modern and cool. Also the embassy district has lots of great restaurants and a totally different vibe. It feels cleaner :)
September 15, 2011
Nothing to complain
In walking distance of Wangfujing, Forbidden City and Food-Street
We had a nice big room (deluxe executive) and everything was working perfectly. Comments from former guests about lack of English-speaking staff can not be confirmed; we had no problems of communications. Although the Restaurant on the lower floor is not managed by the hotel and the food is quite allright (although far away from the nice pictures in the menue-card), we strongly recommend to avoid it. For one (1) fish-dish, unfortunately with no fixed price in the menue-card, they made us pay about 120 US$!
Never order a dish in China with no fixed price!
September 13, 2011
Directly near Forbidden City
You can go to the Subway in few minutes. You walked to the Shopping Miles and Forbidden City. Very positiv you can check your emails in your room, free cost or you go in the Internet cafe, directly in the hotel.
July 20, 2011
Great place to stay
friendly and helpful staff, nice room
This hotel is great ! I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room with window is overlooking Beijing and very quiet for a big city. They pay great attention to detail like a magnifying glass to read the map, internet access etc. You are close to the forbidden city and the night market but not to the metro station.
United States of America,
July 12, 2011
Don't Stay Here if You Speak Only English
historic building, incredible large room,
For starters, taxi driver at airport did not know hotel. Had to call for directions. Once arrived, we realized staff did not speak English. Arrogant to boot. Location very inconvenient to East/West traffic. Nearly missed our train because taxis do not stop at hotel. Nice rooms, but staff a real negative. Breakfast is awful. Walk three blocks to the shopping center.
As of July 1 you can only enter the Forbidden City from the South Entrance. The hotel staff did not know this for some reason and told us to walk to the north entrance and walk through the City from north to south. We wasted an incredible amount of time.
United States of America,
July 11, 2011
nice location, clean rooms
Location is centric, rooms are clean and modern.
I really liked my stay at the Jade Garden, with just a few negative comments. The staff command of the English language was minimal. Also, they changed procedure on a daily basis ( one day I had to pay the breakfast buffet that morning, the next day it was charged to my room, the next day back to paying cash). Some of the staff were not very nice.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Jade Garden Hotel, Beijing
- Fairly clean and reasonably comfortable. - No issues, but all the other ratings seem to have been overl
- Good hotel, language difficulties. Staff pleasant - found tea making facility in room, this was great but after
- Good hotel - Location is very good-for sightseeing-Forbidden city is just
- Good location very central. - Hotel is extremely well situated near the tourist center of
- Good location, good room, good breakfast - We stayed in a superior executive room with our two children
- Good Location - The main problem is the bathroom , I took a standard room an
- Good place to stay - Very good value for what you pay. Excelent rooms. Great food
- Good - In overall this hotel are good at locations and convenience
- great hotel and location - the rooms were great, nothing to complain about at all. the
- Great Location and Helpful Staff - This hotel, for the money, is a great deal. The location is
- Great Location and Value for Money - Walking distance from Beijing Tourist attractions such as: W
- Great Location! - Wangfujing Pedestrian Street and Donghuamen Food Street are
- Great location - Like this hotel's location, it's prime, it's gold, it's the
- great place - I really enjoy staying at this hotel it was a great experien
- Great staff and well appointed rooms. - Wonderful staff members greeted us on our arrival. The perso
- Hotel highly recommended - We were welcome by the friendly staff during 2 nights stay i
- Jade Garden Hotel -
- Jade Garden Hotel - A great choice. We were a 10 minute walk from Tiananmen Squa
- Jade Garden Hotel - The hotel itself was quite nice and in a good location. The
- Jade Garden Hotel-Beijing - I would like to praise the 2 bell boys of the hotel ,who wer
- Location was great... - This was a 3 star hotel, with somewhat small rooms. The pro
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile! - this hotel is in a great location, walking distance of tian
- Nice hotel - The hotel room was in good condition. The service was good i
- Nice Stay at the Jade Garden Hotel - The Jade Garden Hotel is a very unique, historic property. T
- Ok hotel - Overall we had a nice stay at the Jade Garden hotel. The hot
- perfect location - enough place for a third bed, communication with staff diffi
- Perfectly fine hotel with ideal location - only spent one night here, mostly just using it as a place t
- Real Authentic Chinese Hotel - the hotel is very close to the night markets, tienanmen squa
- Value for money - Good location to Forbidden City and main shopping area (Wang
- Very competitive offer - I spend one week at the hotel while I was on a business trip
- Very good location - i have stayed there before and will always go there, when ev
- Well located and lovely staff - We stayed for just two nights, and were made most welcome.
- Worst Customer Service EVER - The hotel staff are like robots. It was very stressful to co