Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (643)
July 30, 2012
Great service and wonderful room.
Very committed staffs, even arranged shipping / courier collection from hotel directly back to Singapore
Will be going back to salty on November again. Pls advise how do I access my points from agoda as j have forgotten my pass word
Families with young children
July 29, 2012
Hotel outside looks like an old hotel, but everything inside hotel are pretty good(inclding the lobby and the room etc). Parking is free. Purchased room with the free upgrade and the Business Deluxe rooms were clean. We will consider staying here again when I visit Guangzhou. The room size was ok, and comfortable to stay. Swimming pool was closed, but it is trouble to check in at the swimming counter, they need all the persons (including my two children under 8 and 5) register in the reception first.near the station.
near the station, it is suitable for women to shopping(clothes)
July 22, 2012
Huge hotel located in quieter area of Guangzhou
Dong Fang Hotel is located near the subway station, just a short walk away and easily accessible, the surrounding is quiet, just nice as we did not want to be in the middle of the shopping area. There are plenty of restaurants at the side and back of the hotel, despite the lack of shopping, plenty of food available.
Deluxe room is really quite big, separate area for the wardrobe, and living area with couch and table and television. The toilet is nice and big too, comes with a shower area and bathtub separately. The hotel is big but thankfully we stay in Block 1 and did not have to walk much to get to our room.
Exit the Hotel by the side entrance on the left, turn left again and walk down the street, there are restaurants along the street and across the road as well, all Chinese fare, not a short walk as some of them requires 5 to 10 min of walking, but well worth the hunt.
July 15, 2012
Good location, rooms are ok, pool was closed
The common areas of the hotel were all very spacious and nicely decorated. The roomsize was ok, and comfortable to stay. The wallpaper needs to be replaced, it makes the whole place look a bit outdated. Swimming pool was closed, but breakfast was offered fir compensation
Mausoleum of Hanyue king
July 14, 2012
Purchased room with the free upgrade, and to my delight the Business Deluxe rooms were clean, spacious and airy. Will definitely make it a point to stay here again when I visit Guangzhou.
Only negative comment I would give is, the check-in counter staff are not as accommodating as the neighbouring hotel, being China Hotel by Marriott. Had a slight change in itinerary plans and hotel staff was unwilling to confirm me a room for an additional nights stay. So had to check in on Friday, out on Satuday to another hotel and back again on Sunday. Plain ridiculous.
July 14, 2012
The hotel is huge,, the outdoor pool is fantastic.
The delux room was smallish but ok. If I booked again I would
Book delux business,
The staff were friendly
Only real issue with this hotel was our electronic kept failing.
On three occasions !!!
Very annoying because a hotel like this should not have this problem
Good location, close to the metro
July 11, 2012
We have stayed at Dong Fang Hotel and always return because it is a good location, great shopping nearby and good access to Metro. Nearby are also historic sites and two parks to visit. We can purchase rail and coach tickets from their travel office. There is also an ATM in lobby with English prompts (near Travel office). We would recommend the hotel.
Nearby can be found Tomb of Nanyue King, Chen Can Academy, Yuexiu Statue Park as well as Liuhua park - just to name a few.
July 10, 2012
Needs an international operator
Location, garden, swimming pool
I have previously written a review on the Dong Fang where I have stayed many times since 1978. It is now tired and in need of a refurbishment. It needs some Western night-time entertainment in the cocktail lounge. The cleaning of the rooms is superficial. The guest room air conditioner is locked on 23 degrees even in mid summer and there are no top sheets, just a heavy doona. The mini bar is not automatically stocked up. Western meals are expensive and not too good, and the Chines restaurant is often not available due to private functions. Laundry charges are outrageous for such a low labour cost country. The Dong Fang desperately needs an international operator to run it.
July 09, 2012
Excellent luxury hotel, huge rooms with wifi
location and huige swiming pool
we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.. the hotel in very close to great dining options. we were made to feel very welcome and the staff spoke english very well.
Hotel Feature Tip:
the swimming pool was huge and never busy.. very relaxing. excellent in this climate.
July 08, 2012
Good hotel location and with very nice view
Close to MTR station and park
The room is very nice, clean and tidy. My room had the lake view which is fantastic. They had an outdoor hot water swimming pool which is really good place to stay and relax. And it is located right next to the MTR station so you can go to all sightseeing spot easily.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Dong Fang Hotel, Guangzhou
- 3 days in Guangzhou - After 2 nights at the Parkview square hotel the Dong Fang wa
- a bit hold but nice hotel - situated in the center of town is a pretty hotel very close
- A huge hotel, clean and worth the price. - i will use the dong fang hotel on my next visit to the canto
- beautiful hotel, love staying there' - we love staying at guangzhou,at dong fang. still getting use
- comfortable - location is very convenient, with great and price-reasonable
- Cozy hotel - I would like to introduce this hotel to my friend. As a 5-st
- Disappointing hotel - A waste of time booking executive, no benefits , the executi
- Dong Fang Hotel - very nice hotel , very nice gradan , very nice loaction
- Dong Fang Review 21st to 23rd May - This was my 2nd stay at the Dong Fang, It is a comfortable c
- Easy transport with metro station nearby. -
- economical 5-star hotel - We have six people (including children) living in two rooms
- Good hotel experience at Dong Fang - We stayed in delux business room at Dong Fang when we were h
- good hotel, lousy executive floor - we booked for 3 nights executive room, but they said they ha
- Good quality hotel - reception spoke good english, polite and helpful. spacious h
- Good Service and Convenient Location - the hotel is within walking distance to guangzhou railway st
- Great 5* Hotel! - Great 5* hotel. decent size rooms and lots of facilities wit
- Great hotel hidden in Guangzhou - I love this hotel in Guangzhou. It's very unassuming from t
- Great Hotel - hotel is very well located, with a mc donalds near by, shopp
- Great location but terrible hotel - This is one of the older hotels in Guangzhou. I had no optio
- Great location for Canton Fair and close to market - Good roomsize for business rooms, friendly service and "west
- Great Location with english speaking staff - each time we travel to guangzhou we always stay at the dong
- Great location, near subway Starbucks and Maccas - Not great for a non-smoker. Everyone smokes everywhere aroun
- great location - The location hotel is very good near the market and the shop
- Great service and wonderful room. - Will be going back to salty on November again. Pls advise ho
- It is very clean hotel - It is very clean hotel. Spacious room and bathroom. Nice inn
- Lovely big hotel and good service with a smile - staff was friendly but very unorganized
location very near
- Lovely hotel with great location - I really liked the hotel the only problem it has a lot of ro
- Lovely hotel,great service!!! - good location, service was excellent, even though the hotel
- Nice locarion - Nice hotel,good location,beautiful swimming pool,metro stati
- Pleasant, large hotel, nice room - It too about 10 minutes to reach the lobby from my room.
- Room temperature is too hot - the room using the central control air conditioner, we canno
- Satisfactory hotel - Reasonable price providing clean and tidy environment. Highl
- serviceable business hotel, lovely gardens - The business deluxe room was very big and nicely renovated,
- stay at dong fang - it was a very beautiful hotel.staff was friendly,room was ve
- The location of this hotel is good - This is a rather old hotel in terms of the facilities and fu
- Ver nice Hotel - Very nice staff and rooms always cleaned well. I have stayed
- Very spacious room - i was staying at dong fang hotel for 1 night because of exhi
- Will be back again - Very nice stay, friendly staff, large room and large bathroo