Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Huangpu - People Square & South Bund
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (904)
September 17, 2011
Everything thing, food, shopping, taxi is just around the coner
Stay in this hotel many times. Agoda give me a air well view which you do not know what is happening outside. Tried asking for a hotel with street view but still ends up the same. Nevertheless, will still stay in this hotel with it's good location but they need to greatly improve their breakfast spread. This time they offer freshly fried bacon but limited to 3pcs per person and you only get it once.
September 16, 2011
Room is relatively small, great location though.
Near to Nanjing Road, lots of shops and eating places
Generally good, though the room is relatively small. Light was deemed outside the hotel room. Overall, service level is acceptable.
September 15, 2011
location, location, location
The only thing that a guest will pick this hotel to stay is the location. It is right next to the People's Square and Nanjing Road with the convenient Metro a stone's throw away.
The room I stayed in is extremely small and I have to literally squeeze through a small gap between the bed and the work table. I think this room size aptly reflects the real estate prices in Shanghai.
The overhead shower is not overhead - you have to bend down awkwardly to wet your head. More suitable for ladies who do not normally wet their heads when they shower
As this hotel is a 10 min walk from the Metro, you can go just about anywhere in the subway network. I like to take a walk to the Bund. It takes me 20 mins to reach there. BTW, do not take the Bund undersea tunnel ride. It is a real RIP-OFF.
Families with young children
September 12, 2011
Great location and comfortable room
Great location, reasonable price
The location of this hotel is great, price is reasonable, the hotel and the room is clean and tidy.
Walking distance to the Nanjing Pedestrian Street, easy to get public transport.
10 minutes walk to the Bund, 10 minutes walk to Raffles city.
The bathroom door lock broken and the staff did not repair although even I have informed them.
Overall is good to stay.
September 12, 2011
this establishment has no charm at all
front desk: unpolite, unhelpful, not willing to do anything
breakfast: nearly nonexistent european choice, in general very poor products, tables are dirty
lobby elevators etc: in urgent need of renovation
rooms: really small
September 12, 2011
Great location but careful of extra charges
Location and breakfast included
we chose this hotel because of its location. it is just one block away to nanjing rd and 5-10 minutes walk to the nearest mtr (nanjing east). there are foods, 711, and amenities around the hotel.
the room is quite old and a bit scary. my wife can't sleep during those 2 nights. we left the room with the don't disturb sign on, however when we back, seems they cleaned up the room. it was not good because if we know that someone will clean up the room eventhough we put do not disturb then we will keep the valuable away. nothing is missing but feels that the sign do not disturb was useless.
the check in process was ok however check out really took so long. i saw another guests was lined up for quite sometimes, but the other guests just throw the room card to the receptionist, then she checked her out first instead of the waiting guest. the guest only can complain and the reception only said sorry. i think he has been waiting for almost 30 minutes. i was waiting for about 15 minutes and the receptionist show that they charged me 30 rmb for laundry bag. we never seen the laundry bag and took it, we were quite dissapointed as:
1. laundry bag costs 30 rmb
2. we never take any of them
3. they insists we took it
lucky we have mandarin speaking friend that helped us to argue about it and i also shout in english that " we never took it even saw the laundry bag". the manager came and waive the charges,which is the right thing to do. my advise is just be careful and take a look the bill properly, either they made mistake or they tried their luck to charge us.
September 08, 2011
great location, nice service
I booked for my friends, them loved it, great location, will stay again
September 05, 2011
fairly good hotel
good location, friendly staff,good breakfast buffet, some hot waitresses
only grizzle is that of the 6 different concierge staff that i asked, none had any real english, so i couldn't get any helpful tips from them. room was fine. bathroom was on the verge of wanting a reno
September 05, 2011
Great location but small rooms
a good location, in shopping malls and crowds, the hotel staff are less friendly, the rooms are narrow but fairly clean
September 01, 2011
I would recommend it
location, location, location
We got a corner room which is much bigger than the other standard rooms. The air conditioning was weak and it took several hours to cool up the room at the time we checked in. You need to wait 2 minuted before you could got hot water for shower. The breakfast is so-so. However, it is still generally acceptable in view of the comparatively low rate and excellent location.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Charms Hotel, Shanghai
- a so_so experience at charms - The day I moved in, there was a lift breakdown. Me and my wi
- All You Need Is Here - splendid location, starbucks just across the street, 7/11 st
- Average hotel - Not worth to be rated as a 4-stars hotel!
No one speak at le
- Best location with good services - location & services are good. rooms are ok. overall satisfac
- Best Location -
- Central pleasant hotel - We stayed eight nights in this very central hotel The rooms
- Charms Hotel, Shanghai, China - This hotel is situated in city center which makes it very co
- Charms Hotel -
- Charms Hotel - Fine,no complain, staff are friendly, internal access are fa
- charms hotel - Next to Nan Jing Road the major shoppping area in Shanghai C
- Charms Hotel - The hotel a bit old but best location for sightseeing and sh
- Charms Hotel - The room was too small and there were no scenic or street vi
- Charms Hotel - Very hard to find a money changer.
- Clean, convenient - quite a straight forward experience. all expectations are m
- decent place to stay - For the price it offers, it is a good place to stay. Howeve
- Decent rooms for a chinese hotel - For a chinese hotel, this is surprisingly decent. The buildi
- For businessman like me it is good. - for me it is good location, easy access to all points. Lot o
- Good location but Old hotel - We stayed in this hotel many times because near the shopping
- Good location hotel - The location is very good. It is located near Nanjing Rd (sh
- Good location near Nanjing Road - Great price, good location, near Nanjing road. However, upon
- Good location, shopping, museum just minutes walk - I asked at the hotel reservation to change to twin beds but
- Good Location - Charms Hotel is recommended for Tourist who wants to shop an
- Good location - Stay in this hotel many times. Agoda give me a air well view
- good rooms and personal assistance - very nice hotel, well located, very near nanjing road, and r
- good - the servuce was not all that great but other thing ok
- Great Hotel - another great experience in this very efficient hote.
- Great Hotel - Safe, clean, new & 5 stars hotel in Ningbo, China.
- Great Location but small and smelly room - This time my stay is not so good. the room assigned to me is
- Great location but small rooms - got room faced to very noisy road, reception girl was quite
- Great Location but small rooms - Stay 5 night in this hotel and definetly will come back to t
- great location, dark room - I booked this place because of the location and because it h
- Great location, functional rooms - Not expecting a lot, I was pleased with Charms. Great locat
- Great Location, Great for Shopaholics :-P - This is our first trip to Shanghai and we had a good vacatio
- great location, reasonable price - Just beside the Wing On Department Store. Very convenient lo
- Great location, small room, see-through bathroom - I chose this hotel because of the location. It is located on
- Great location - Convenient location accessible by tube. Breakfast is the sa
- Great location - Good location. Very kind staff. The most impertant thing,
- Great Location - Great location you can get metro station by walking in 5 min
- Great location - The room given to us was rather small for the 1st 3 nights t
- great Location - you can get metro station by walking in 5 minutes, and also
- Hotel amenties is good , small rooms - I feel very good location , since my business visit are clos
- hotel ok except.... - the bathrooms were dastardly and i won't stay there again...
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - lovely hotel and service with a smile" or "great location bu
- Lovely hotel - Near shopping street nan jing Lu and 10 min walk to Subway
- My experience at Charms Hotel Shanghai - Here's some experience of mines.
I have to say that Charms H
- Nice Hotel, Nice Location - The hotel is located at the heart of Shanghai, just a few st
- Nice location - nice to stay in for a weekend to go out for bar or shopping
- No frills low cost - Average Hotel at a central location. Small but functional ro
- perfect location - the hotel staffs are nice, they arrange my request for early
- Reasonable Hotel - The hotel is located in the heart of Shanghai where you can
- Review on Charm hotel - The hotal is located very close to Nangjing Road and subway
- Shopping at Shanghai - Totally for this hotel is quite good, it is very convenience
- Small room but great location - Counter service was average only and room is very small, wif
- Teresa, Malaysia - I like the location of this hotel, will stay that hotel agai
- Value in the centre of the city -
- very good hotel - Very good location, clean rooms, good western sail breakfast
- Very good location but old hotel - It is an old hotel, good location, 5 minutes to the Peoples
- Very good location -
- Was a good and comfortable stay -