Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Xuhui - Xujiahui & Everbright Center
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (479)
January 05, 2012
seriously amazing suites
best suites that we stayed in and great value
fantastic rooms and the hotel staff were very accomodating with good english.
it was a little distance from town which was the only draw back. but for this it was amazing value.
they did not offer tours so you will hve to book your own when there
December 26, 2011
Not as beautiful as pictures shows
Nothing. There are many better options in Shanghai
I chose the place as I love what I saw from the pictures as it has a very strong Art Deco / Old Shanghai feel, but when I enter my room, I was disappointed to find that the place is not very well maintained. Things are a little old, especially the metal blinds in the bathroom are bent. When I arrived, the reception was cold and nonchalant when I ask questions. There was nobody to show us to the room either. I went during the end of December, so the weather was cold, but the heater is not very warm even though we have adjusted the temperature high. The location of the hotel is not close to any sights or attractions.
United States of America,
December 25, 2011
Great room but disinterested staff
Large and unique art deco room
Enjoyed my stay here and the location. Looked forward to coming back to the room at the end of a busy day. The staff could have been friendlier and more attentive.
December 23, 2011
Great location and great rooms
Hotel reception did not show much of an interest in providing service
The neighbourhood is ideal for the European and NA traveler who wants to combine business with civilized pleasure -
December 22, 2011
Interesting old shanghai style decor apartment
Centrally located, nice beds, nice toilets, clean, free internet and newly decorated.
Staff was friendly and very helpful. Check in was quick swift. The only down side is the toilet doesn't have a door...this make it very awkward as I was travelling with my girlfriend's brother.
Overall we had a nice stay! Will definitely stay there again!
December 19, 2011
Deco, nearby pubs, convenience stores, mrt
Nice rooms with ample space. The deco is definitely great, rather cosy feeling. Size of the bathroom is good too, with separate shower and bath tub. Free wifi available, one of the most important things I look out for. 5-7 mins walk to the mrt, so travelling to other parts of the town is not really a big issue. Breakfast non buffet style, thats the minus point I have. Also, no facilities, so travellers should know that its only a place with nice room, that's about it.
December 19, 2011
great location, big rooms, poor service
the rooms are huge and the location is very convenient if you mostly hang out in the french concession. cleaning is 4stars out of 5. service is poor and breakfast too. the rooms are a bit dark due to the small windows. wireless is working well.
December 19, 2011
Horrible overpriced old hotel
Location near to subway 5 mins walk and free wifi
I was very disappointed by this overrated overpriced hotel. The pictures & description are very misleading. There are no arty element in the rooms at all. It is an old poorly maintained hotel. It is an open bathroom with no privacy and the water pipes are rusty and old, every time someone on the tap from above, it will cause the tap to emit a loud cranking noise throughout the night, shocking you awake. The satellite is also spoilt so there is not even any TV channel. There is a DVD player so I thought they might have DVD for rental but no such luck, what's the point of having the DVD player. I was also given a room fronting the main road so it was noisy with cars honking all night making it impossible to sleep. The cafe below serves free basic breakfast but there's no exhaust system so you smell like oil after the meal. Service is non-existent with a blasé attitude by the reception. Housekeeping is bad and the room condition is dirty as there are dust and hair on the carpet. It was so bad that i stayed only 2 days and forfeited my 3rd nite payment which was already made. Stay away!!! You can get a better place with this price!
December 18, 2011
Ok hotel. Cool rooms
Decent location , big rooms
I didn't really love this hotel. Rooms are large, location is great, but overall hotel service is lacking. This is definitely not a full service hotel, and not great for couples. The place does not have bathroom doors, which is strange ?? I was traveling alone, so it was ok. I wouldn't recommend for couples. There are better full service hotels nearby
Great place to walk around to find restaurants.
December 16, 2011
cozy and nice old SH atmosphere
nice environment, nice location, nice hotel rooms
the location is really nice, right in the central of sh. it's nice to walk around the area. the metro is about 5 min walk. their breakfast doesn't have too much choice though. i lived there three days but had the same dishes. the house keeping need better training, too. overall, it is a nice comfy and stylish sh hotel place, and the price can be lower too.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - @ Gallery Suites Hotel, Shanghai
- @ Gallery Suites Hotel -
- - The only thing I can say is that the staff was curteous when
- An average boutique hotel -
- Big room and comfortable bed -
- Charming - Nice place and clean. Only 2 negative things: 1) Shower was
- Decent Place, but service could be improved - this place is just about ok. we expected a lot more, but we
- Excellent accommodations in the French Concession - We found the Gallery Suites to be an excellent choice when s
- Good Value and spacious - Very helpful front desk. Breakfast is at the cafe next door
- Great Hotels - The location is great if you want to check out the local bar
- Great location and nice bath room - Location of the hotel is great. Central of the town (Xu Jia
- great stay! -
- great style, comfort, size, price, location - only downside is the hotel does not offer many amenities.. a
- Happy stay @ gallery suites - the hotel located in a nice location in shanghai. rooms are
- Home Sweet Home - It is the second time I stay in this hotel. The room is comf
- Hôtel charmant et service avec le sourire - GReat locations. my first option for staying in shanghai. be
- love everything, it doesn't look very good - i love it! will stay there again!
love the bathtub with park
- Love the room!!! - I have read the previous reviews complaining about the noise
- lovely art deco building in french concession - We only stayed one night, but the one bedroom suite was very
- lovely hotel, great location - spent 7 nights in that hotel with colleague on a business tr
- Nice Decor Room with Good Service staffs - Had a pleasant stay, as Hotel customer service staffs are al
- Nice hotel but lacking any service - Although the rooms and location of this hotel were nice, we
- Nice hotel well located - The hotel is well located inside the french concession, with
- Nice Location, close to subways - with great location on the Hengshang road, close to subway 1
- nice quaint boutique hotel - nice quaint,spaciou boutique hotel, not far from city area a
- Once more, I choose @ gallery suites - Again, I choose @ gallery guites Hotel for this business tri
- really nice location - Hotel is located at central shanghai, very close to hengshan
- seriously amazing suites - fantastic rooms and the hotel staff were very accomodating w
- spacious rooms, fairly quiet, good location - it was fine... lots and lots of space for the price..contemp
- The beaded curtain - This hotel location is great in the French Quarter. However
- vintage - classic shanghai styled hotel, vintage decoration, reception
- wonderful stay - hotel's a delight, a look into the past and art, with alot o