Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Huangpu - People Square & South Bund
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (401)
Families with older children
June 10, 2012
Good Location of the Hotel
We are very satisfied the hotel that we booked for the family vacation which the location are very good, just one minute walk to the walking street which is shopping and foods and we only spend 15 minutes walk to the bund during the night times and took a lot of photos
Families with young children
June 05, 2012
Nice Hotel in a Central location
Good service, clean comfortable rooms, great accessibility.
Concierge helped us to book train tickets for Hangzhou but the charges were exorbitant - 40 RMB per ticket. Adultq ticket cost 124 RMB while child ticket was 62 RMB, so the extra charge was 1/3 price of adult ticket and 2/3 of the child's.
June 03, 2012
the hotel is luxurious upon entry, the ceilings and high and the decor modern and tasteful and the rooms are amazing. the staff can be more friendly and helpful though
June 01, 2012
Perfect Amenities but poor staff
The hotel is gorgeous - totally exceeded my expectations. The rooms are large, bright, well appointed and clean. Bathrooms are all marble and gold - luxury! And we did not even pay that much for it. The bed was heavenly too - with 5 pillow choices! The location is also great - not right on the Bund, but in a 15 min walk from it.
My only gripe is that the staff can barely speak English - I really did not understand most of what the concierge was saying. The staff was also not friendly - we were waiting by a desk which said "Information" on it for 15 minutes, and several staff passed by many times and no one acknowledged us - very strange. Also, when we needed a cab on a rainy Friday night, the bell staff just told us he could not help....Maybe it is normal in Shanghai, but I kind of expect a 5-star hotel to help me with a taxi...
I would definitely stay again...would just not expect much service from the staff.
May 27, 2012
decent hotel with average breakfast
ideal place to stay if you are want to walk around the nanjing pedestrian area. the malls in that are of decent quality, but nothing to brag about. the hotel itself is not bad - good service, clean and safe. but once u get out of the hotel u will be approached be pimps asking if u want special massagee with pretty gals.
United States of America,
May 24, 2012
Gem in the city
great service, nice room, nothing to complain about
This hotel has great charms, nice location (next to bund), gracious staff, large room, and more. Definitely a gem in the city.
May 18, 2012
Excellent Hotel with great staff
We were treated like royalty. We were central to everything we wanted and had really good night sleeps in a very comfortable room.
May 11, 2012
Excellent hotel in perfect location
next to nanjing road, clean, friendly staff, spoked excellent english
THe best hotel i've stayed in so far out of my trips to Shanghai. THis hotel is situated right next to nanjing road shopping strip, so its very convenient in all aspects and easy access to metro station too. Staff is very friendly and spoked good english. Rooms were very stylish, and give an old shanghai impression, and was very spacious and clean. Enjoy a great time here
May 06, 2012
fantastic hotel in a great location
plush hotel rooms, great location
we loved our stay at the Grand Central. The rooms are fantastic - beautifully decorated in old colonial style but also mixed with all the mod cons. The hotel is real luxury and for the price is it an absolute steal. The hotel's location is also perfect. It's a 5 minute walk to People's Square and the Metro, a 5 minute walk to the Bund and a minute from all the shops and stores. The pool and gym are also great.
My only gripe is the staff at the front desk tried to charge us $150 for an early check in, which I thought was crazy. We only wanted to check in 2 hours early and there were lots of available rooms. I understand that you can't check in into a hotel if there are no rooms available, but if there are I don't think you should be charged for 2 hours. Anyways, apart from that, I highly recommend this hotel.
May 03, 2012
perfect hotel... perfect location
spotlessly clean, almost new, close to bund, one street away from nanjing rd, staff efficient and english ok . the hotel is within walking distance of urban planning exhib centre
we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and wished we could have stayed longer in shanghai. the bathroom, shower and toilet are all separate rooms and it is so clean we felt we were the first ones to ever use the room! the staff were very friendly and spoke english quite well. with the help of device available on request wi fi was available in the room at all times.
suggestions: buy a 48 hour big bus pass (with english translation headphones) for y300 (about a$50)it enables hop-on hop-off and free 1 hr river cruise, admission to world financial tower (94th floor) for great views, free admission to jade temple and the choice of three routes as often as you like. don't use the bund sight seeing tunnel more than once...a taxi is half the price to and from pudong!
a great restaurant nearby is shanghai grandmother 70 fuzhou rd.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Grand Central Hotel Shanghai, Shanghai
- A great hotel to stay in... - As our arrival was way too early for check-in, the front des
- a reasonable luxury hotel - great value on your money. the hotel has everything. eleganc
- Affordable and comfortable stay. - This is a great hotel which I would recommend and stay in ag
- An unforgettable experience of luxury hotel -
- Beautiful hotel and delightful staff - We had a fantastic stay at the hotel. The staff were very a
- Beautiful hotel, mediocre service - Very proximate to train station and people's square, good LA
- Big room and centrally location -
- Fantastic Hotel - this hotel is fantastic! with the spacious room size and bea
- Good hotel in Central Shanghai -
- Good hotel - Good location and awesome hotel. This hotel was good over re
- Good Location of the Hotel - We are very satisfied the hotel that we booked for the famil
- Good location - good size room and very good local, the only problem is hote
- Good quality big room - Stay in this hotal only one day.very good location saving tr
- Grand Hotel with Good Facilities - Good location just off the Nanjing Road walking street.
- Great Hotel and good location - had a wonderful stay for 5 nts. we returned to the hotel aga
- Great hotel - The Grand Central Hotel is a very nice hotel, 5 star rating,
- Great Location , Great Service, Wonderful Stay - i enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Staff were friendly and hel
- Great location with hint of Shanghai style - Great location. 1 min walk to the People's square, shopping
- Great rooms and location but terrible service - A disappointing experience despite the good TripAdvisor rati
- Great rooms, accessible location & friendly staff - i had a great time at the hotel. check in was smooth, my spe
- Great stopover spot, superb hotel -
- Local 5 star means international 4 star - good location but not international 5 star level. everything
- Met expectations for a deluxe hotel - Very high standard as to be expected for a 5-star hotel. Bre
- New luxurious hotel - Best location for eateries and shopping, new, clean and luxu
- Quality hotel in great location - Quality, modern hotel with good facilities. It is located on
- Super convenience location with luxury room - This is a wonderful Shanghai trip with choosing such a great
- very satisfied - convenient location, spacious room, clean, quiet, very good