Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (444)
December 25, 2012
The best hotel I've stayed in China.
Amazing service, amazing rooms, great concept and management
If you are travelling to Shanghai for business, vacation or just passing through I would recommend the Puli.
This is the only hotel I'll stay in Shanghai now after going with them for the Shanghai leg of our trip in this area.
I've lived in a few different hotels in Shanghai for business and etc but this one tops it.
The Puli has it right from the moment you step into the hotel.
Lobby is top notch with modern Chinese furnishing. This hotel has character in the new China sense. I wanted to spoiled while in Shanghai and they made it happen.
Hotel rooms are large. The sleeping area and the change/bath area is actually all connected but can be seperated by large sliding dividers. The amenities, they've thought it all out. Bose speakers with device aux in. A nespresso machine and well stocked mini-bar. The cherry on top is that the entire mini bar and nespresso was free of charge!
We stayed there for Christmas so they even left a christmas stocking at our door with some treats.
The hotel is located very conveniently near the Jing'An temple and on metro line 2 which hits all the important parts of the city. Travel east and you'll end up at the bund.
The staff here is the best I've had in China. They smile when you entire the hotel and say hi and are happy to even chat. They go out of the way to help you with any needs. The dining here for breakfast is also very good with a continental buffet or you can add 50 rmb more for eggs/bacon/sausages etc.
They also had an anantara spa which we didn't try but next time we're back in Shanghai for more then a couple nights will give it a go for sure.
Shanghai is a city for food!
We went to Nanxia for steamed xiaolongbao dumplings for lunch. This is a must try for anyone that likes the delicious soup dumplings.
We had our Christmas even dinner at Table No.1 from executive chef Jason Atherton who worked under Gordon Ramsey for 9 years. Food was exceptional and the area around it near the bund had a lot of new bars and clubs.
December 25, 2012
clean, modern design, with touch of oriental. service is good, complimentary mini-bar is well served.
December 25, 2012
Beautiful hotel and good service
Big spacious room with nice amenities
We got upgraded to a room with a garden view. The room was beautiful and spacious and bed was big and comfortable. Toiletries and amenities were top notch. Bathtub was truly enjoyable with a view of the city scape. Good hotel to stay when there is a promotion.
United States of America,
December 25, 2012
Good but not exceptional service
Quiet, comfortable, elegant
We chose the Puli hotel based on the very high reviews that it had received on Agoda. Overall, that raised our expectation levels.
The hotel was nice, warm, and very nicely put together, but we experienced delays in getting our couples spa treatment, without any apology or attempt by the Spa staff to let us know there is a problem. The seating area where we had to wait was parallel to the spa desk, so while we had to wait for our masseurs, we were ignored while the staff attended to others. What would have made the wait time more pleasant would have been a genuine concern from the staff, instead of a nonchalant attitude as though this happens all the time.
All in all, the hotel is a plus, I’d say 4.5 out of 5.0 stars.
December 23, 2012
Good location and lovely hotel
Nice deco, friendly service
The hotel is very conveniently located. The staff are friendly. The room has a good size with good ambience. Little things like free mini bar and free wifi are very welcome by business travelers like myself.
Didn't try the spa this time but will certainly go back and try next time.
December 21, 2012
The hotel is very well designed in the urban resort style, good lay-out with many nice costomized decorative items such as screens, furmitures, lamps,..
The room is very spacious and quite complete. very worth the price. Minibar is also very practicle and free.
The location is pretty good and convenient, close to many big department stores, Jing'an Temple, and subway station. Staffs are friendly and showing efforts in their service.
will return to this hotel next time.
December 20, 2012
good hotel with great location
good location and modern hotel. staffs are nice. Rooms are clean and tidy
December 19, 2012
Great location and wonderful experience!
Relax, friendly atmosphere. Room is simple with high quality standard.
The hotel is conveniently located just less than 5 mins walk to the nearest subway station. it is next to 2 shopping malls and many food outlet and restuarants nearby. The drinks in the minibar is complimentary and also free wi-fi. overall i enjoyed my stay in this hotel very much.
December 18, 2012
staffs are nice, clean and tidy room. Modern style. good for business trip
United States of America,
December 17, 2012
Great location and services
I like to stay at Puli every time when I come to Shanghai because of the location where I can walk to the nearby shopping mall, shops and restaurents. The overall atmosphere is serene and the rooms are very clean.The staff is well trained and very polite. However, the room service food quanlity is below standard.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - The Puli Hotel and Spa, Shanghai
- A perfect hotel in Shanghai - i have had a great time when i stayed in the puli. excellent
- amazing -
- awesome place to stay - highly recommend for a business associate to stay here and t
- Beautiful hotel with attentive service - Great hotel to stay in. Only slight drawback is that it is r
- Beautiful hotel, good location, nicely rooms - Staff were excellent and really made an effort. Overall, exc
- Best hotel I have ever stayed in Asia - First of all the entrance of the hotel was awsome, eventhoug
- Clean hotel with great location - convenience
clean and tidy
food are tasty
- Elegant design hotel - Very relaxing stay.
Beautiful room. Amazing pool.
- Excellent design hotel in the heart of the city - the puli hotel & spa is located in jingan district which is
- Fantastic Hotel - best hotel during 2 month trip! - choose this hotel if you need a break from your travels and
- Fantastic Hotel with very friendly staff - We had a really great tiome at the hotel, good location, ver
- good one - very good hotel with good location. Nearby my office. Nic st
- Great hotel & location with a relaxing atmosphere - Rooms are roomy and is bed extremely comfortable.
- Great hotel, location just right - new hotel in the best area for shopping and lots of speciali
- Great hotel - Great hotel. We loved it all. Except the breakfast was too e
- Great Location & Nice Hotel - The hotel is located at a new area where shopping and transp
- Great Location, Service, Amenities, Facilities. - Definitely recommended for any type of traveler to Shanghai.
- great! - I had a lovely stay at the hotel - it is a luxury hotel and
- great - great location
good for buiness
good value to book via ago
- Incredible luxury -
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - I stayed there with business friends for 1 night and we were
- Luxurious hotel - This is the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed at. If you
- Nice Hotel, Hidden Entrance - 3 nights in Shanghai, near Jing An. Couldn't ask for a bett
- one of the best hotel - The room,pool,gym,restrant, everything was just perfect.
- Quiet and strategically placed - Loved the hospitality, the room was beautiful.
Maybe a gui
- Stylish fantastic stay - Great location and very easy to get around. Super service an
- The best hotel I've stayed in China. - If you are travelling to Shanghai for business, vacation or
- Very beautiful hotel with convenient location - garden room with view of jing'an temple was spectacular. ser
- very good -