Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1110)
August 07, 2012
Good location but small room
The location of this hostel is good, it is near ladies market which will lead to Temple street.
There is a lot of eateries around the hostel too if you are not picky.
Please do not expect too much from this hostel but the basic facilities such as clean toilet and room is provided. Please also note that the room is small too.
August 06, 2012
Great Location and save money
Very small room but clean. Walk 5-10 mins to mtr and lady's market.
August 05, 2012
Great hotel for budget and backpack travelers
Budget, great location, nice and friendly hostel owner
Overall quite satisfy with the quad room. No unpleasant smell in the room, shower room is clean but last day of stay the toilet bowl not filling up. Great location, but it take some time waiting for the lift as the building have quite numbers of hostel.
Ask the hostel owner for good food, quite a numbers of nice restaurants are within walking distance.
August 04, 2012
great location in a budget
great location, cheap, clean
The room is small but okay if you're just going to sleep there. Luggage can be stored under the bed. The bed sheets are clean and the blanket is very cozy. The bathroom, however, is bit uncomfortable to use because the shower and the toilet are the same. Our TV was broken and was not fixed despite the request. The room service did not change our sheets and towels, as they only took out the trash. Location wise, it's perfect for shopping. Its just across the ladies market and other shops in Mongkok. The MTR is near as well.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Take Exit D2 at Mongkok Station and walk towards the right. The hostel is 2 blocks from there prior to 7-eleven.
August 02, 2012
small but clean hotel in great location
The hotel is located in the middle of was busy district, with lots of shopping centres and night markets around. The room is small but was clean and neat.
August 02, 2012
very central ,
very central , food every where ,, breakfast accross the road was good for breakfast
ok , filipino employee helps a lot to communicate with reception , clean , food every where,, friendly ,, breakfast accross the road was good for chinese breakfast.do not expect hilton, hotel, i will give it as 8 points out of ten
hard to find ,,
July 31, 2012
Great Location but really small room
Just min walk from Mong Kong MTR exit D2, lots of eatery you can find in the neighbourhood, min walk to "Lady Street" and "Hua Yuan" Street
The room that we stay is at another building but just oppsite
the Ah Shan Hostel check-in building. The security quite ok though, as you need password to enter the buidling gate (door) and three keys to get into your room. But don't expect much from the price you are paying. However, if you are just looking for a place to sleep and bath. It will be just fine.
I don't mind going back to Ah Shan Hostel and it is really conveneince to travel around in Hong Kong.
Mong Kok - Lady street(you can find cheaper stuff but remember to bargain), Langham Mall (first two storey more of luxury goods, but you find more things to see and eatery/ restaurant when you go up)
Tung Chung - Citygate outles (where you find all the sales at their factory outlets and compare to what you can buy in SG, it will be much cheaper. But remember to check for the quality of your buy.)
Tsim Sha Tsui - K11, Harbour City, Silvercord (connected to H&M).
Causeway Bay - SOGO, Fashion walk, Time Square
July 31, 2012
it's a very clean and nice hostel, which is located nearby a subway station. it's quite convenient to go shopping and have meals nearby the hostel. a good experience there!
July 30, 2012
very small room but decent if you want a cheap night's stay in hk. other hotels would easily cost twice as much as this one.
argyle centre just nearby
July 27, 2012
location is very good, but the building is terrible.
room is clean, small as expected.
some neighbor room is smoking and the smell leak in all over my room.
the elevator is crowded and have a long queue to use.
my fear for this building is... if there's a fire, we'll be all dead because of the number of people crowded in there.
the price is low but not cheap compare to what i get.
location is good, but next time i'll choose somewhere else on the subway line., subway is very convenient and cheap anyway.
a lot of shop around, do your homework well,
because there's a lot of road, branch, intersection.
if you looking for a specific shop, make sure you write down their address too, you won't find it by walking around,
some shop is hiddin in the upper floor in a small alley.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Ah Shan Hostel, Hong Kong
- A convenient hostel - The host is very kind to us. Though the room is small, it is
- Best location, clean and friendly. - room is small but clean, cosy and service is good. towel cha
- Best value for money in bustling Mong Kok - Hotel staff was very accommodating, even as we(as a family o
- big room and big T&B for a 1-star hostel - it has a big room for a 1-star hostel. clean thou they didn'
- Budget Hotel with clean, helpful, great location - Easily accessible to MTR, friendly staff, clean room, and co
- Clean and good location budget hostel -
- Clean hostel - Had a great stay at Ah Shan Hostel. The room is clean, easy
- Clean room and freindly staff -
- Clean, centralised location but room too small -
- clean, friendly staff, great service - rather satisfied with our 6 nights' stay there though it can
- convenient located hotel, good value - the biggest draw is the location, a few minutes walk to the
- Convenient location and clean room - the workers are friendly and nice. furthermore, i was so sat
- Good for family and friends in shopping area - we came as family nice and clearn, good service and we are a
- Good for sleep but hard to find - this hostel is nearby very mong kok mtr station d1 exit. how
- good location & clean -
- Good location and clean - Convenient for travel because it 'not far from MTR
- Good location but small room - The location of this hostel is good, it is near ladies marke
- Good location but small rooms - Rode the bus from the airport to Argyle Street, took us some
- Good location with great service - Room on low floor means not so peaceful nights and the old a
- Good location! - Ah Shan is small and cosy hostel ideal for budget travellers
- Good Location, bad exterial - Not a typical hotel. It is like renting a room in a average
- Good Location, Small Room with Good Facilities - ah shan hostel is a small budget hostel which offer you the
- Good location - This one located in the centre of the downtown which is very
- Good Location - Very good location but toilet too small. Walking distance to
- Good location - We were lucky to be offered a room with window. The room is
- Good Service - this hostel located in heart of kowloon area, near mtr just
- Good value but small -
- Great location & staff are nice - great location - access to mrt is within 5 minutes walking d
- Great Location and Fast Free Wifi - We book twin room no window as it was the cheapest, but was
- great location but small room,and simple. - location near mongkok got many night market..but boring at t
- Great location but small room - Room very small for 3 of us and the Hot Water problem.... Ne
- Great location but small room - The hostel is located in the commercial district near to lad
- Great location but small rooms - Ate Yolly is so friendly and very accommodating. :)
- Great location but small rooms - Cheap and Good Location hotel easy to find but small room..n
- Great location but small rooms - i had fun the hotel was a strategic place near by market and
- great location but small rooms - satisfy with the hotel and the features.i will choose this h
- Great location but small rooms - the hotel is in the best location around mongkok, shops and
- Great location! - Linda was very helpful and friendly... helping us with our t
- Great location, great value, homely hostel - The hostel is extremely well located - in the heart of all t
- Great location...5mins walk to almost everything.. - the hotel is located 5 mins walk to everything, food, mrt, s
- Great location - The hostel is clean, with free drinking water placed in the
- Great place to stay like a real Hongkong-er - If you wish stay in an actual hong kong apartment, look no f
- Great PLace - great place to stay in. although the room are small but is e
- Hotel in a great location but the rooms are small - This hostel in situated in Mongkok, very convenient. MTR sta
- i am very enjoy ah shan hotel while in hongkong - i am very exciting even the hotel small, but very clean for
- Just a place to get thru the night - The room is clean, but small room, small bed, small everythi
- Location Location Location - Albeit the room was a bit tight in space, air con unit noise
- Meet expectation. -
- Miniature room with strategic location - as you are in hk so you can't expect to get a spacious room
- Nice area -
- Nice Budget Hotel in the Center of Mong Kok - we stayed for two nights in ah shan. keep in mind that this
- Nice location but small rooms - the hostel staff, especially the filipino staff, were very f
- Pleasant - Definitely value for money, strategically located at Mongkok
- Relatively clean and cheap - The hotel was easy to check-in to and easy to find. The roo
- Shocking Yet Satisfying - The entrance of the hotel is a bit hard to find, but you can
- Small but clean and cosy room - Small but clean rooms. Awesome locations. Friendly Staff to
- staff friendly, good location and room clean. - Hostel overall is good, clean, provide free wifi, provide cl
- Superb location~! - I'm travel with 4 of my colleagues and I'm rented 1 double a
- Very small room - The only pros of the area will be just the location. The roo