Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Central / Sheung Wan Area
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2002)
January 27, 2011
Great location, great service, choose the suite
Regular rooms are much too small
i like so much the location of this hotel, at a walking distance from soho and lan kwai fong, at less than 5 min from central. service is very good, as well as the breakfast.
go for the suite, as the regular rooms are much too small for anyone having more luggage than a purse. your luggage will end up in the doorway. the suite are very convenient with a room and a living room.
January 26, 2011
tiny standard room is clean comfy & quiet.location
Location is just 10 minutes down Mid-Levels Escalators from Soho, Lan Kwai Fong and Central
Ask for a room on a high floor (up to 23rd) for best views and zero street noise. Even on the 7th floor (1st 2 nights) we could hear almost no traffic on the road below. Nice outdoor pool and well-equipped small gym with quality machines (but lacking any weights). Very efficient service and the tall guy on the front desk speaks perfect American English, and the other staff also have good English skills. this is an excellent deal given the location in Central. The standard room is so small, you can barely walk around the bottom of the bed next to the wall. Excellent shower. Room looks new, bed extremely comfortable but only queen size for 2 people (king size would not fit in the room). Minibar overpriced, e.g. 1 tiny bottle of water HK$32. Never tried any of the food in the hotel restaurant. Buffet breakfast is HK$96 per person, so cheap for a buffet, but never saw the food. I was leaving Hong Kong for good and I had a mountain bike and lots of luggage; no problem bringing everything inside the room (but no space to move around!). For a room not much bigger in this area, you can easily pay HK$1000 plus, so Bishop Lei at HK$550 is an amazing deal. It's kind of a hidden gem, because I imagine they get very few walk-in guests given the location on Robinson Road (upscale residential area off the main tourist or business areas but a short walk away from them). Very impressed with the quality of the room, service and reception given the very low price. Will definitely stay again next time. To my knowledge, there are no other budget options with this level of quality. The hotel is associated with the Catholic Church, so does it subsidize the hotel to allow it to offer such low rates? They don't pressure you to convert to Rome though...
Hotel Feature Tip:
If you get tired walking up and down the Mid-Level Escalator or stairs, several buses stop directly outside the hotel door. Recommend the large lunch buffet at Jashan Indian restaurant at 23 Hollywood Road (from the hotel, walk down escalators and turn right on Hollywood Road).
United States of America,
January 24, 2011
Really small standard rooms, but location worked
Location in Mid-level next to Soho for dining and night life
The rooms were pretty clean, but so small I actually had a good chuckle when I entered.
After a couple weeks on the mainland I wanted something well located in HK for my last night so I could go out and get a great meal, some nightlife and still be able to get to the airport reasonably easily, which it satisfied.
January 24, 2011
Great location for a business style hotel
location is fantastic, views are spectacular
Hotel smells a little from all the smokers. Rooms are small, but the price and the location can not be beat. A strong recommend for the price
Check out wyndham street, Lan Kwai Fong will be underconstruction for the next few years, so try out this street. Its fantastic for drinks and socialising.
January 23, 2011
Very practical hotel with helpful staff
Clean hotel perfect for a weekend of sightseeing and going out
The staff was helpful, the hotel was very clean and tidy, the bed confortable and although the rooms are small, they are practical and do the trick for a short weekend in Hong Kong.
The location of the hotel is ok, not particularly close to the buzzing parts of the city but these are easily accessed by cab. On the upside the hotel and room were nice and quiet at night.
January 23, 2011
Lovely rooms but smallish
Hassle free check-in. Upgraded room. Excellent service and great Gym with good equipment. Clean and neat rooms with excellent room service.
Will stay again.
Families with young children
United States of America,
January 17, 2011
Great location, feel like a local
One of the only hotels in the Mid-Levels neighborhood, which combines great views, a local experience, good restaurants
this place is great. one of the only hotels in the mid-levels neighborhood, which combines great views, a local experience, and good restaurants. it is close to soho, and there are local markets within walking disance, just below soho. the rooms are newly updated and very nice. great option if you want to feel more like a "local." not really close to touristy stuff, which might be a drawback for some, but was great for us. hotel is a few blocks from the majority of mid-levels restaurans and soho.
January 17, 2011
My stay was an enjoyable one. Location was good, there was a shuttle bus ferrying us to nearby places. The hotel was clean and the ambience was nice. The staff was very friendly and approachable and gave us insightful directions to various locations. The hotel also provided free wifi which allows me to connect back home and show my family how amazing the hotel is like.
January 16, 2011
Small cold rooms
Near the electric escalator
Little bit disappointed value for money. Rooms were very small and very cold
January 13, 2011
For those attending the exhibition center the hotel is 20 Mins + via taxi
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Bishop Lei International Hotel, Hong Kong
- "Great location but small rooms" - it was one sty overnight.
For Hong Kong a good price.
- A business hotel with good access - This hotel isn't perfect but it is good enough for a short b
- A friendly and pleasant hotel - the staff gave good advice about getting around and seeing p
- Bishhop Lei International Hotel in Hong Kong - The pricing is reasonably cheap (for Hong Kong that is, wher
- Bishop Lei - HK - Stayed at this Hotel many times before. Newly redecorated. R
- Bishop lei Hong Kong - our stay at bishop lei was only two nights, but we had a ver
- Bishop Lei House Hong Kong - I've stayed at Bishop Lei several times. It's gotten better
- bishop lei international hotel - Hotel is nice, 4 star, run by christian group.
Hotel do pr
- Bishop Lei International Hotel - took me a while to find the hotel. room is small but okay cl
- Bishop Lei Stay - Have stayed at this hotel a number of times. It is reasonab
- Bishop Lei - For a hotel in HK, this is extremely well-priced and at a re
- Bishop Leigh - Having stayed in many hotels in Hong Kong and Kowloon, this
- cheap & cheerful - The Bishop Lei is a great base if you want to get out & see
- Clean and Central - The hotel has a good location. We got there quite late and t
- Comfortable, clean, rooms small - Staff were helpful , breakfast was good although pricey,arri
- Comfortable, easy connect to central station. - With the harbor view I think it's affordable and cozy, altho
- Comfy - The hotel provide free wi-fi in room as well.there is a bus
- Consistently great hotel - i stayed with a friend in a twin room. was upgraded again, t
- Convenient location but small room - I would recommend this hotel for anyone who doesn't have a b
- Convenient location - Small Single room, facing the hillside - no views over the h
- Decent Location. - Overall, service was excellent. Service desk speaks three la
- Efficient hotel for the price - I have stayed at the Bishop Lei at least four times over the
- Excellent location, great view - We stayed at the hotel during the height of the Asia Expo an
- family sightseeing in hk - We booked two harbour view room and requested a cot in each
- Fantastic Hotel with a - For the price (from Agoda), it's definitely one of the good
- Friendly staff and good location. - The staff was very friendly and helpful., we felt comfortabl
- general manager - My stay at this hotel, as a business traveler, is a pleasant
- Good & quiet location - the hotel is located in a residential area which is close to
- Good +++ - Overall Great Experience
- Good and quiet location near Central. - Well managed hotel, good location. Walking distance to cent
- Good hotel but small rooms - - Good location, easy to take bus and taxi.
- Clean room bu
- Good Hotel - Pros-Very nice location at the top of the hill in the Peak s
- Good location and good value for money - This is my 4th or 5th stay at the bishop lei. It offers gre
- Good location - Stayed for 1 night, room was small as thy are in hong kong.
- Good Position, but too small room -
- Good stay at mid-level - If you wish to go down to central, I recommend 7am to 10am.
- good value and service - All in all a fine, professional, cost effective environment.
- Good Value for $$. Some walking required. - We didn't know that the escalators were up the road and to t
- Good Value in mid levels - I have stayed in this hotel many times as I frequently trave
- good -
- good - I think overall speaking, it's a good hotel. the rooms in th
- great holliday - I was looking for a hotel in a good location but qu
- great hotel for the relatively expensive Hong Kong - good service, staf, good exess to transport and MTR, buss se
- Great hotel in a nice area - Situated at Mid levels, its fun to take the escalator up all
- Great hotel - Great hotel but if staying for more than one night upgrade t
- Great in all senses - The hotel has a great location, amazing view, friendly staff
- Great Locatio, small rooms but comfortable. - it was great to be able to walk everywhere from the hotel.
- Great Location and friendly staff - We stayed two nights in the Bishop Lei with my parents. It w
- Great Location but really small rooms!! - Although the room was quite clean it was very tiny. The mid
- Great location but rooms can be small - Love the Indian restaurant and Vanilla - great bakery nearby
- Great location but services were lacking. - The hotel offers some beautiful view of Hong Kong. However,
- Great location but small room - I did find my room to be a bit small. The staff seemed to b
- Great location but small room - Plus: Very friendly staff. Convienvent place - near the esca
- Great location but small rooms - Been to this hotel for a number of times and enjoyed my stay
- Great location but small rooms - the room was comfortable, also the air con.
b.fast was deli
- Great location but very small rooms - Great location near top of Mid levels escalator so easy to g
- Great location but very small rooms - The room is so small that two people can hardly walk around
- Great location small rooms - very good location the price is normal ! very clean ! stuf v
- great location surely room is quit small - Location is good . But still have to walk arround 20 minute
- Great Location with Nice Amenities - I enjoyed staying at the Biship Lei during my weekend trip t
- Great location with small room - good location in hongkong island.the check out is fast. over
- Great location, clean but small rooms - great hotel on a budget, amazing view of the city if you are
- Great location, close to most of the nice spots - this hotel is very well located close to the Escalator that
- Great location, good price, and a pool with a view - Small rooms, but clean. Get a high floor Harbor view room, t
- Great location, good service but small rooms - excellent location - 3 min walk to the famous escalator that
- Great location, great service, choose the suite - i like so much the location of this hotel, at a walking dist
- Great Location, Small Rooms - The location of the Hotel is right at the end of a residenti
- Great Location - A hotel that makes HKG a comfortable realistic option at a
- Great location - As a business traveler going back and fort to Hong Kong all
- Great location - Hotel is located Ian Robsinon Road in the mid-levels so it's
- Great place - this is an unusual hotel, Catholic church owned, lovely ro
- Great rooms - I often stay at the Bishop Lei hotel but this was the first
- Great service, clean rooms - It was a great stay. Perfect for the price and the location
- Great value, fantastic wifi, safe and very clean. - Situated not far from central, safe clean area.
- Great view but mattress was too hard - Room was for my friends on a short weekend stay in HK. Frien
- Great views. Near the Central, Wonderful experienc - Bishop Lei Internatinal hotel is great for those who love to
- Greate Location with a decent price - The location is great, i am able to walk up from Lan Kwai Fo
- It was a relaxing experience -
- It was quite ok given the price -
- Like a small hostel in busy area Central, HK - Didn't stay long in the hotel each day, just a place to slee
- Location is ok but the rooms are too small for 4 - The shuttle service should have at least 2 pick up points.
- Lovely hotel and service - Lovely hotel and service. you get what you pay for
- mid-hill, high society class, next to Soho - the location is good as it is so quite for sleep, close to L
- Neat & tidy with great location but small room - I was wanting a hotel that was close to my friend who lives
- Nice !!! - we arrive at about 10, even the hotel at the Robinson Rd.(th
- Nice budget hotel. - The hotel is very old, and in dire need of an upgrade.
- nice clean hotel - Spent in the hotel 2 days. Very close to Victoria Peak, if
- Nice comfortbable hotel, good location - i have staying in this hotel numerous times because it is go
- Nice convinience - We had a really nice stay at the Bishop Lei. The hotel is fr
- Nice hotel and good location in Mid Levels - I have been staying at Bishop Lei since it opened in 1996. I
- Nice hotel but small rooms - location is in mid-levels so not very convenient to mtr and
- nice hotel in a good area in town - nice hotel with everything what you need for an easy busines
- Nice hotel in a good location - nice hotel conveniently located.very clean which i appreciat
- Nice hotel in good location - We like this hotel a lot and stay there regularly when in Ho
- Nice hotel with a very good location. - Nice hotel with a very good location. Located in the Central
- Nice hotel - It was my first time at this hotel and they have upgraded on
- Nice hotel - The hotel is a bit far from town, but it is easy to get ther
- nice place for vacation - very nice hotel, i really enjoy staying in this hotel. lots
- Nice rooms and good situated - normal rooms a little bit small. so we took a suite room wit
- not very good - i do not like the hotel very much, so that i have to leave t