Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (806)
July 29, 2012
Great location, near airport link
It was ok. The hotel staff doesn't care much about people though. I believe the hotel has the system to recognize people in the room or not but the cleaner doesn't care and try to break in to clean the room
July 26, 2012
Good location but vicinity ids not good
It is located near the financial centre of Hong Kong. It is convenient for meeting clients in central. However, the vicinity of the hotel is not appealling as there are fruits and vegetables stalls around.
United States of America,
July 23, 2012
Stay at this hotel often when I am in HK. Its a very convenient location to Central and MTR. Rooms are decent and staff is friendly.
United States of America,
July 23, 2012
Good hotel, nice location
I booked a room for my colleague since I was staying at the same hotel. It was a convenient location to go out in Central over the weekend.
Families with older children
July 22, 2012
Good location nice and clean but small room.
The location is great for businessman
the hotel is well maintanace and the staffs are well trained and very friendly. the room is clean but too small which is aceptable when u are considerated that you are in hkg. the hotel is suit for businessman or people who love to party. lots of good food around the hotel.
Lots of gay bars near by
July 22, 2012
FAB city Hotel , spotlessly clean
This was a really great little hotel. Staff were friendly, accomodating and welcoming on arrival. The hotel was spotlessly clean and had some really nice facilities, decor was modern and stylish. Rooms were quite small but this was not an issue as the location was great in the heart of mid- levels near all of the shops, hotels bars and restaurants. Could not have picked a better hotel.
Dim sum at City Hall - Make sure you venture over just a cheap cab from hotel and try the Dim sum on a sunday - last order at 3pm.
July 21, 2012
Nice but would stay on Kowloon next time
Very clean, quiet, central location
Be warned that if you are carrying/dragging suitcases from the MTR station, you are faced with steep hills and depending which street you go up, many steps. This doesn't make for a pleasant adventure in the rain. Get a cab....it is worth it!
Having read previous reviews, we were prepared for the small rooms, so were perfectly happy with the size issue. The rooms were clean and the small bathroon nicely finished. The shower left a bit to be desired as water pressure/temperature changed intermittently, which would result in the shower head turning off altogether, if not going cold. There were little annoyances like no flannels/face cloths and the bath towels were quite aged and frayed at the ends.
Understanding this is a boutique hotel, I did truly miss the usual hotel routine of heading down for a nice buffet breakfast. There is no food available whatsoever. It also seemed odd that when we checked in, we had to carry our own bags and suitcases in the very small lift up to our room. Nothing major, but I've never been in a hotel without this basic service.
Overall the hotel itself was pleasant and the staff friendly. I wouldn't however stay here again because if I am paying hotel prices, I would prefer typical hotel service. That is just my personal preference.
Another personal preference is the location. Having lived in Hong Kong many years ago, I thought Central would be an ideal base location as it is not far from where I used to live. In hindsight I would have stayed on Kowloon. If you like to shop at Chanel, Versace, Coach, etc. and enjoy the ambience of the general commerce area, Central will suit you fine, but if you want a taste of what the Hong Kong used to be like 20 years ago, stay on Kowloon.
At the end of the day it doesn't make a whole lot of difference where you stay of course because the MTR system is so fantastic. Taxis are also very reasonable so getting yourself from A to B is a breeze.
July 19, 2012
Great Boutique Hotel
Easy walk to LKF and lots of taxis out front
Friendly staff, nice room, great value for money and close enough to most things to walk.
United States of America,
July 17, 2012
Boutique style Hotel
clean,sample, near everything.
Hotel is very morden style and clean. The staff were very helpful and fast. Near by everything. This is good place for the busnies trip.
July 16, 2012
lovely hotel with good location
good location, nice decor, friendly staff
butterfly on wellington is one of my favourite hotel in hk. nice decor and average room size with friendly staffs. location is great too. it only takes 5-10 mins for you to walk to the famous night life area lkf. all in all its a fantastic place to stay.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Butterfly on Wellington Boutique Hotel, Hong Kong
- A nice and comfortable stay -
- A very comfortable, centrally located hotel - We had a great 3 nights there - right in the middle of all t
- Beautiful and comfy hotel - great stay as near to hk ferry terminal, island pier and als
- Beautiful hotel in a great location - i stayed in this hotel with a friend, so we had two very com
- Butterfly On Wellington Boutique Hotel, - While the hotel is new and right in central, the rooms are t
- Centrally located so very convenient -
- Cozy room - It is located at the center of SOHO, colose to central 5 min
- Fab location, bathrooms not so private. - I was in HK for a course, so appreciated that the hotel had
- Fantastic location with warm service - I was very impressed with my stay at the Butterfly on Wellin
- Good hotel for business travelers - I travel to HK quite often and make the Butterfly on Welling
- Good hotel, great location - Not easy to find the first time, we loved the style of the h
- good location - but rooms are really small - area is central but in the evening can be very quiet as it i
- Good location and great price in Central HK - although the first floor reception is a little small, check-
- Good location and unique hotel - very friendly staff and provide prompt service. don't like t
- good location but so-so vicinity - The hotel is located at Central, near the financial centre.
- Good location just down the street from LKF - Front desk staff was very polite and always available to hel
- Good Service and quiet rooms - This is the first time I had stayed at a Butterfly brand hot
- Great hotel in a great location - We live in southern China and visit Hong Kong every month or
- Great hotel - This hotel is on the cusp of Sheungwan, which is an exceedin
- great hotel - wasnt sure what to expect. the hotel turned out great though
- Great hotel - We liked there coz we can reach famous places easily plus th
- great little hotel, in good location - Ive stayed here a few times now and cant find another place
- Great location and easy to find - bed was very clean and room was actually fairly big and very
- Great location and good value - The best location in Hong Kong for shopping, site-seeing and
- Great location and lovely ambience. - For business or pleasure, the location is perfect for Hong K
- Great location and service - The hotel is conveniently located in Central near Lan Kwai F
- Great location but too humid in the room - Their free wifi is just very convenient!! Room decoration is
- Great location but very small rooms - Great location (in the middle of the city) because you're wi
- Great Location that has small cosy room - Everything on the stay was good
- great location with no food services - great location with no food services at hotel, which is a li
- Great location, nice room, and friendly service - we were very happy with the service. received a room upgrad
- Great location, nice rooms - Very well located hotel. The rooms are decently furnished,
- Great Location - Great location just 5-10min walk from HK airport train stati
- Great location - It was ok. The hotel staff doesn't care much about people th
- Great location - i've made the butterfly on wellington my home away from home
- Great Location - located in the city centre. 10 min walk to the mtr hong kong
- Great location - Nice funny hotel, narrow and with no big rooms, but with eno
- Great location - The hotel is centrally located with many food stalls and res
- Just Okay - the hotel is in good location but house cleaning service is
- Location, location, great hotel, great staff - Loved it, the only thing was the room was a little small, bu
- Lovely boutique hotel in a great location! - enjoyed it immensely especially how brilliantly located it i
- Nice boutique hotel - The hotel is locate in the middle of local and business area
- Nice hotel and professional staff - hotel was good and for the price i will be going back next t
- NIce hotel, a little dated decor - nice hotel, rooms larger than hk standard in my opinion. a
- nice place, tired carpet. - i thought i'd filled out this review. the hotel is a bit of
- No nonsense boutique hotel - Been staying at HK for 6 years before (near soho area). The
- nothing special but good location, clean rooms - there is nothing extraordinary to talk about, a good locatio
- ok great location but motel type - ok, not bad great location for a night out type of hotel.
- Perfect boutique hotel in Hong Kong! - 1. Excellent location.
2. Excellent interior and space (part
- perfect size and location - Stay was excellent. Prefer a firmer pillow. Staying on lower
- small hotel - the hotel was very small. somedays it was a lengthy wait fo
- Super Efficient, Great Location - service with a smile, everything and everyone working....wou
- very comfortable -
- very very nice small hotel - I was here in hk for just 1 night.. I saw the hotel last min