Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (806)
Families with older children
May 12, 2013
good location, easy access to restaurant, easy access to shopping areas
May 11, 2013
Within 5 minutes of Hollywood Road where our business meetings were conducted, also within 5 minutes walk to Queens Road Central where the shops are, easy walk to Central MRT , the IFC malll and
The only setback was the smell of the room which never disappeared during out entire stay. Upon entering the room you can distinctly smell it, we figured it must be coming from the carpet which would become damp from the airconditioning. The room itself is clean, beds well made, bathroom was just the right size. The room was relatively small but space enough for two persons and our luggage. The working table where the TV was is useful, as was the free wifi which was fast. They provide complimentary bottled water that can be replenished with a call to the reception desk. Hope they can set-up a Nespresso coffee station at the lobby as there was no food outlet in the hotel.
If youre going for shopping or business meetings around the area, location is perfect. Two corners from the hotel is the walkway that crosses over Queens road central, and goes all the way to the IFC Mall where the airport express station is and the ferries that go to Kowloon
May 06, 2013
Fantastic weekend away in Hong Kong
Centrally located, walking distance to eateries & LKF
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, it was very pleasant - although check-in was very slow. But I suppose this cannot be helped if they're fully booked the night before my check-in. My only concern was that the bathroom had smelly which was very unpleasant but would disappear quickly once the shower was turned on.
United States of America,
May 05, 2013
Comfortable stay in centrally located boutique hot
Location, comfort, price.
Great price for the location. Close to restaurants and night life. Rooms smaller than I'm used to but wasn't an issue. Location location location.
May 04, 2013
Great room, location and service
May 03, 2013
Great Location in a comfortable hotel in Hong Kong
Location, Room Size, Staff
We stayed in the Butterfly on Wellington for one night to break the journey from Melbourne to Paris. On our previous visit to Hong Kong we stayed on the Kowloon side at Mongkok, so we picked the Butterfly on Wellington because of its location on the Hong Kong side, and good reviews on TA.
The location is excellent. It is easy to get to and from the Hong Kong Airport Express Station by taxi or walking. We went taxi to the hotel for a cost of 40HKD, but walked back the next day with our cases without any problems. The hotel is within 100 metres of the Mid-Levels escalators.
The check-in process was smooth, and we were given an upgrade from an Executive room to a Butterfly Suite on the 2nd floor. Although close to street level, it was quiet and we heard no street noise in the morning.
The room was large (it was a suite) and very comfortable. We were allowed to have a late checkout until 2pm, and then the hotel stored our luggage until we were ready to take it to the station in the evening.
Both the reception and door staff were friendly and efficient.
The Butterfly on Wellington is definitely value for money if you want a comfortable room in a great location without paying for all the other 5 star items you might not use, e.g. gym, pool, lobby, bar, etc.
There were many restaurants around, so breakfast was not an issue.
We would definitely stay at the Butterfly on Wellington the next time we pass through Hong Kong.
May 03, 2013
great! it was close to many restaurants.
wifi, close to restaurants, quiet
the wet market was also close by. not as pleasant to walk by, but in some ways not so bad because you get a local feel of the area.
May 01, 2013
United States of America,
April 30, 2013
Great hotel, Great location, Reasonable price
Location, Location, Location
All decent hotels with a decent location in Hong Kong Island are very expensive. I'm a budget no fuss traveler. For the price of this hotel I expected much, much less and was pleasantly surprised. Quick check-in, check-out. They let me check in very early with no trouble. Nice, clean, well appointed. Great room, really nice. Fast wireless internet. And the best of all, location, location, location. Five minutes to Central Station, lots of places to eat nearby, street market right outside during the day, walking distance to all the relevant sites in Central Hong Kong.
April 29, 2013
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Butterfly on Wellington Boutique Hotel, Hong Kong
- A nice and comfortable stay -
- A very comfortable, centrally located hotel - We had a great 3 nights there - right in the middle of all t
- Beautiful and comfy hotel - great stay as near to hk ferry terminal, island pier and als
- Beautiful hotel in a great location - i stayed in this hotel with a friend, so we had two very com
- Butterfly On Wellington Boutique Hotel, - While the hotel is new and right in central, the rooms are t
- Centrally located so very convenient -
- Cozy room - It is located at the center of SOHO, colose to central 5 min
- Fab location, bathrooms not so private. - I was in HK for a course, so appreciated that the hotel had
- Fantastic location with warm service - I was very impressed with my stay at the Butterfly on Wellin
- Good hotel for business travelers - I travel to HK quite often and make the Butterfly on Welling
- Good hotel, great location - Not easy to find the first time, we loved the style of the h
- good location - but rooms are really small - area is central but in the evening can be very quiet as it i
- Good location and great price in Central HK - although the first floor reception is a little small, check-
- Good location and unique hotel - very friendly staff and provide prompt service. don't like t
- good location but so-so vicinity - The hotel is located at Central, near the financial centre.
- Good location just down the street from LKF - Front desk staff was very polite and always available to hel
- Good Service and quiet rooms - This is the first time I had stayed at a Butterfly brand hot
- Great hotel in a great location - We live in southern China and visit Hong Kong every month or
- Great hotel - This hotel is on the cusp of Sheungwan, which is an exceedin
- great hotel - wasnt sure what to expect. the hotel turned out great though
- Great hotel - We liked there coz we can reach famous places easily plus th
- great little hotel, in good location - Ive stayed here a few times now and cant find another place
- Great location and easy to find - bed was very clean and room was actually fairly big and very
- Great location and good value - The best location in Hong Kong for shopping, site-seeing and
- Great location and lovely ambience. - For business or pleasure, the location is perfect for Hong K
- Great location and service - The hotel is conveniently located in Central near Lan Kwai F
- Great location but too humid in the room - Their free wifi is just very convenient!! Room decoration is
- Great location but very small rooms - Great location (in the middle of the city) because you're wi
- Great Location that has small cosy room - Everything on the stay was good
- great location with no food services - great location with no food services at hotel, which is a li
- Great location, nice room, and friendly service - we were very happy with the service. received a room upgrad
- Great location, nice rooms - Very well located hotel. The rooms are decently furnished,
- Great Location - Great location just 5-10min walk from HK airport train stati
- Great location - It was ok. The hotel staff doesn't care much about people th
- Great location - i've made the butterfly on wellington my home away from home
- Great Location - located in the city centre. 10 min walk to the mtr hong kong
- Great location - Nice funny hotel, narrow and with no big rooms, but with eno
- Great location - The hotel is centrally located with many food stalls and res
- Just Okay - the hotel is in good location but house cleaning service is
- Location, location, great hotel, great staff - Loved it, the only thing was the room was a little small, bu
- Lovely boutique hotel in a great location! - enjoyed it immensely especially how brilliantly located it i
- Nice boutique hotel - The hotel is locate in the middle of local and business area
- Nice hotel and professional staff - hotel was good and for the price i will be going back next t
- NIce hotel, a little dated decor - nice hotel, rooms larger than hk standard in my opinion. a
- nice place, tired carpet. - i thought i'd filled out this review. the hotel is a bit of
- No nonsense boutique hotel - Been staying at HK for 6 years before (near soho area). The
- nothing special but good location, clean rooms - there is nothing extraordinary to talk about, a good locatio
- ok great location but motel type - ok, not bad great location for a night out type of hotel.
- Perfect boutique hotel in Hong Kong! - 1. Excellent location.
2. Excellent interior and space (part
- perfect size and location - Stay was excellent. Prefer a firmer pillow. Staying on lower
- small hotel - the hotel was very small. somedays it was a lengthy wait fo
- Super Efficient, Great Location - service with a smile, everything and everyone working....wou
- very comfortable -
- very very nice small hotel - I was here in hk for just 1 night.. I saw the hotel last min