Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Formerly : Charterhouse Hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (794)
April 30, 2010
Internet access not free for some rooms
Near to Times Square and MTR Causeway Bay Station. Rooms are just ok. Housekeeping are good and polite. Was transferred to non-smoking floor the next day and was very efficient.
The hotel is quite alright for business travelers. It provides the necessary amenities just enough for people on the go. I would recommend that internet access be free in all rooms or at least make necessary adjustments to their package rates as these are ridiculously expensive and not consumable once you stop browsing and continue the next day. Staff are nice and friendly except for the bellman. They need to be more attentive to the people coming in and out of the hotel.
April 29, 2010
nice, clean and good service
It is a good walking distance hotel to Hongkong Convention Centre, so it's good for any body who visit the fair or the exhibitors. The enviroment is nice, the cleanliness is terrific, the people are all very helpful. It is very convenient for any travelers as it is located not too far from the MTR and close to convenient store, and restaurants.
nice Thai restaurant near by. Must try.
United States of America,
April 24, 2010
Location. Air conditioning. Amazing shower.
When I checked in the staff informed me that I got a free upgrade. When I walked into my room I was surprised. Not because it was a big room, but because it was small. The rooms sure look bigger in the pictures. I think the "upgrade" was because they put me on the "Signature" floor, which I suppose is themed like a bachelor pad. Modern type decor with fancy men's products. For example, the shampoos and soaps are all men's fragrances. I wasn't too impressed. One thing I do have to say impressed me, is the huge walk-in shower was amazing. Surrounded by beautiful stone tile, it has a huge rain shower right overhead in the middle and jets down the side. It's like a stand-up jacuzzi. Completely adjustable. One thing I can say is that I was very clean when I checked out.
Close to all the nightlife. Good night market with great food close by.
April 23, 2010
Ultra compact rooms
Room was well maintained and clean. The staff were polite and helpful.
I had a very quick check-in and check-out. During check-in the receptionist required me to pay a HKD 500 deposit for the mini bar / room service or offer my credit card as security. As per my understanding this is not required if you book directly with the hotel as they will already have your credit card information.
I was dismayed to note that internet connection was not included in the room and that it cost HKD 120 per day .... and with no option for "pay as you use".
Breakfast spread was average and was exactly the same on all days during my stay.
Getting a taxi outside the hotel at around 9am was quite difficult. You have to cross the street to the opposite side and if you are lucky you will be able to get one within 5 minutes.
Times Square shopping area is within walking distance of the hotel.
There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel. But the hotel is not exactly close to any subway station. The 2 subway stations on either side are about 10-15 minutes away by foot.
March 28, 2010
My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel when we were in HK for the rugby sevens. The location though not close to the MTR stop is still quite central. The rooms however were tiny with little beds for the exhorbitant price that we paid!
Cross the road and takes the steps close to the basketball court and there is a starbucks. Opp the road is a small local eatery that has awesome food. It's called giant foot and isnext to Watson.
March 26, 2010
Charterhouse Causeway Bay
This hotel wins hands down on its location, especially if you're here for conventions down at the CEC (5 mins walk away). Its near landmarks such as Times Square and such, but is situated in a little lane that offers some privacy and quiet for a good rest.
Overall I'd love to be able to stay here again, its a good place to be for a business trip, and for the shopaholics too, since it is near all the landmark haunts of Hong Kong.
The staff is friendly, well-versed in English, Mandarin and of course, Cantonese, so you never have to worry about communicating your requests, and props to the housekeeping for giving me one of the cleanest stays in Hong Kong, ever.
Hotel Feature Tip:
During busy conventions they would usually offer a free shuttle to the CEC, remember to check with them!
March 10, 2010
it has free wireless internet connection while some 4 and 5 stars hotel dont offer it for free.
this hotel near my working place so its + for me staying at this hotel and the price is reasonable especially booked via agoda. the hotel is clean and has friendly staff that always offer their help when we seem confused. some stuff have good sense of direction when we asked about road directions. so overall the hotel is recommended for the price that i get from agoda.
United States of America,
March 10, 2010
Good, normal hotel room for HK
clean, handy, friendly staff
Enjoyable, convenient for a hotel on HK Island. Close to all transportation, but far from airport.
Hotel Feature Tip:
close to transportation
March 05, 2010
it is accessible to the wanchai convention center and to times square..
this is not my first time to stay in charterhouse, i stay there 4x a year especially during trade and exhibit dates.it has a nice location,accessible to major transportation, buses, mtr's, airport buses, taxis..i would give this hotel a rating of 3.5 out of 5 points
hotel is quite near to time square and sogo for your quick shopping moments. lots of restaurants either fine dining or fast food meal.. excellent location
February 08, 2010
quiet area, close to shopping, food was good.
have stayed there before and as always very plesant. I would rocommend it to anyone. off the main street which makes for a quiet hotel. the staff is very friendly and accomodating. The Metro is about a 5 - 10 minute walk. There are good resturants in the area and better ones if you want to walk or take a taxi.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Charterhouse Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- "Great location but small rooms" - Staff are very nice, great location provides easy access sh
- "Great location but small rooms" - The staff here are very nice.
Since the room was so small,
- Business trip - It is a good option if you have to visit the exhibition cent
- Charterhouse Causeway Bay -
- Charterhouse Causeway Bay - Great experiance. Located in a good area. close to market an
- Charterhouse hotel HK - convenient location to times square, but small room, service
- Charterhouse Hotel Hong Kong - It is a good hotel though all storeys beside SIGNATORY STORE
- comfortable and good location - family friendly hotel with excellent service. rooms small bu
- Comfortable Hotel, friendly staff - first time at this hotel. the location was good, rooms alth
- cosy hotel - room size is small but so are other hong kong hotel. houseke
- Fair - I found Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus (two-minute walk from Cha
- Friendly hotel, great service - The Charterhouse Causeway Bay hotel is a very nice hotel. I
- Good Clean room with very good location - Very good location to stay over for business and shopping in
- Good Hotel - I enjoyed my stay at the hotel which really suited my needs
- Good Hotel - My stay at the Charterhouse was good. The location was in th
- good location. but old and small room. - we couldn't sleep well 4days.we have to waite 4days to chang
- good location - i stayed there for 2 nights, staff are very friendly. the on
- Good value hotel with great staff - The property was good value in a good shopping location (the
- Great location and a well featured hotel - Enjoyed my stay and would consider staying there again. Grea
- Great Location and Cheap - The Charterhouse is centrally located in Wan Chai.
- great location and great service - the hotel is walking distance to many shopping places and re
- Great location but small rooms. - What was provided was completely inappropriate and it was on
- Great location but small rooms - Convenient location but very small rooms.
Had a problem wi
- Great location but small rooms - i have been to charterhouse before and it's pretty reliable
- Great location but small rooms - location is fantastic. 10min walk to the subway station. roo
- Great location but small rooms - The hotel is conveniently located between Wan Chai and Cause
- Great location free internet - Internet speed decent, room service offers set menus with re
- great location, clean room, kind staff, good price - great location, clean room, kind staff, good price
- Great location, nice staff - Booked a last minute room, the check in was quick, but the h
- great location, small room -
- Great location, very small rooms - Room was extremely small. Travel light as there is no space
- Great location - Small room, but for HK not bad. The hotel is only a short wa
- Hong Kong experience - The hotel was of pretty decent quality for the amount of mon
- I would stay here again - I was staying with my parents and brother in this hotel, for
- In the City area - Very cramped room. The staff at the counter was rude. Room w
- Internet access not free for some rooms - The hotel is quite alright for business travelers. It provid
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - The hotel is very close to Time Square, not hard to get a ca
- My HK trip in Charterhouse... - Nearby MTR, Fruit & Food Market & Shopping mall.Hotel lobby,
- Nice hotel with affordable price - generally it was very pleasant, no issues with the room or s
- Old Hotel but Good Service - I was there for Hong Kong World Boutique and the hotel staff
- Pleasant surprise for the price - Great stay. Fantastic location. In the middle of Hong Kong
- Pretty Rubbish - The rooms are super tiny. Though I kind of expected that out
- Reasonable Price Hotel with city center location - the room is quite old and small. i choose this hotel only b
- Small Room - This is the worst experience in the Charterhouse hotel.
- The room is quite small and without shower nozzle - my stays there were fine, though i was not happy taking show
- Very friendly service and comfortable environment - very comfortable stay, clean room, comfortable space, very h
- well-located, cozy hotel! - Was really cozy room, nice location takes you to causeway ba
- Won't come back again -