Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Island West
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
United States of America,
July 25, 2012
lovely boutique hotel
friendly staff with regular shuttle to the city center
We stayed 3 nights in the hotel when the typhoon category 10 struck. The reception staff upgraded us to the ocean view automatically and put us in floor 25. That is much appreciated. The hotel room is fairly small but the room fits a king bed fairly snugly. There are two mirrors back to back, designed to conserve space in a well arranged configuration. The staff speaks English well. The included breakfast buffet includes an omelet station.
Regular shuttle service runs from 8 am to 8 pm to the airport MTR station. Since the hotel is far from the closest MTR station, travelers should plan to take a cab to the hotel outside these hours since the hotel would not arrange for a shuttle pick up.
July 25, 2012
Lovely hotel, great service
enjoyable stay in a lovely modern hotel, good friendly service.
July 24, 2012
Perfection in hospitality, imperfect location
Shuttle bus, concierge and reception staff attitude and hotel aesthetics
Even from its exterior, Dorsett Regency is an aesthetically pleasing hotel. From the front desk to the standard rooms, everything was well-maintained and really rather fancy. The standard rooms are small but very decent (for Hong Kong standards) and very comfortable. The shuttle buses were a great great help. Shuttle buses leave every hour till 8pm at night. You can and should call ahead to the reception to tell them to reserve a place for you on the shuttle you intend to get on. For the first few days we were there, the shuttle was almost always empty but by the last day, it was full and we had to cab it to the airport. If you are unfamiliar with public transport in Hong Kong, this shuttle will be your only means to getting to the nearest MTR (in my opinion its a little too far to walk but public buses and taxis will get you there as well). The nearest MTR station is Sheung Wan station which is at the end of the Hong Kong island line. This may disappoint people hoping to live right smack in the city centre but was perfect for us since we liked that it was a quiet neighborhood and appreciated the lack of crowd. We also didn't mind the little extra traveling time (it is really not much since the MTR is very efficient). What impressed us the most about Dorsett Regency is the impeccable service from the front desk and concierge staff. They were always helpful, always polite and never hesitated in helping to get a taxi, give the taxi driver instructions etc. In fact, when there was an issue with one of our rooms and had to change rooms, they handled the situation very well and were sensitive to the fact that we wanted to be close to each other. The offered to upgrade both rooms onto the same floor without any prompting from us. Right across the street from the hotel is a small eatery that opens late afternoon till the wee hours of the night (we were enjoying supper there at 4am after a night of partying at LKF).
July 23, 2012
Nice boutique hotel with spacious room
Good shuttle bus service. Fair breakfast. Location is a bit remote but with shuttle bus service it is ok. Staff is helpful.
We were given a smoking room and asked for change. The hotel responded quickly by asking us to wait for 30mins and later they called us back to wait for ten minutes to change the room. Non smoking room with same room type. We were upgraded to superior room. Nice view at higher floor. Room is clean and bathroom equips with quality amenities. Bed is too soft to me however.
July 22, 2012
The hotel is not right in the city center as it is located in Sai Wan, but the transportation is convenient. Even though the room is not big, it is clean and decent. The staff was polite and helpful.
July 20, 2012
The hotel is much better than in the picture
the interior design is nice
staying in dorsett regency hotel is awesome and relaxing, with a nice view to the beach of hong kong. The staff are so friendly and polite and most of all the know how to speak english
July 20, 2012
Good service, decent room size, value for money
Room size, cleanliness, location
I have stayed at this hotel several times and have never been disappointed. if the room rate is less than USD night, it is very good value.
July 17, 2012
Small but Clean
Good Services and Breakfast
The Concierges are very friendly, Me and My wife had traveling everyday to explored the Hongkong and back to the room in late time, the Hongkong Tourist Spot's Cards on front desk were very helpful, Harbour view (part) was not so bad but there was under construction building and crane outside the window.
Shuttle bus was very helpful but tram is also in walking distance.
July 13, 2012
first time staying here, chose this location as it's close to where i needed to be. was hoping for upgrade as this is a brand new hotel and figured that they would want to promote it more. instead, they gave me a single - that's right, a bed with a single room, not double for sole use but a single bed. so as a result, the size of the room is quite small as you can imagine. apart from that however, everything is new and clean and they give you newspapers on the morning. breakfast was included but the breakfast room was quite small and crowded so i did not bother
July 10, 2012
Friendly Service, dissapointing view and amenities
I chose this hotel because it had a pool - it did but there was no water in it. The single room looked directly on to a building site - another disappointment. Check the view and that the amenities advertised are available before you book
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Dorsett Regency Hotel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Absolutely brilliant hotel - This Hotel is absolutely marvelous. Brilliant location for m
- Awesome hotel - helpful staff and good service. the hotel is far from the c
- Beautiful & Clean hotel but out of town - We stayed only 1 night but I fall in love this hotel.
- Convenient to travel around & helpful staff - Room consider spacious for Hong Kong hotel with free wifi. A
- Cozy little rooms full of pleasant surprises - I was a little anxious when I booked this hotel, since its w
- cute artsy glamourous boutique hotel - I <3 this hotel as I found it by accident, very satisfied wi
- Good Facilities - the general impression is good and the facilities is not bad
- Good hotel,room bit small - good breakfast ,nice staff bit far from the ceter but with t
- Great hotel for a vacation - Our first pleasant surprise to discover upon checking in tha
- Great Hotel Good Location - love this part of hong kong. so easy with public transport s
- Great hotel thats a little bit different - This hotel is sometimes overlooked as being a bit 'out of th
- Great hotel...felt like more than 3 stars - the staff is very accommodating and friendly. the hotel is v
- Great hotel - Great lcation little off tourist track but easy access to ci
- Great value for money in expensive HK - the room was not ready when we arrived at 17.00 but
- Great,luxury but small room - Nice, quite clean but very small room. Very far to mth stati
- Location poor not well connected to main city - Breakfast was ok, pool was bad very small, no indoor activit
- lovely boutique hotel - We stayed 3 nights in the hotel when the typhoon category 10
- Lovely Hotel & service with a smile - the hotel is a little bit out of everywhere, but the transpo
- Lovely hotel but small rooms - the rooms are comfortable enough although small. staff membe
- Lovely hotel, nice design, clean - very close to cbd, nice cosy and designed hotel. a bit far f
- modern , tastefully decorated hotel - quiet location with good public transport network (tramway,
- new hotel in an old district of HK - it is a newly established hotel for 1 or 2 years? so its roo
- Nice hotel but very far -
- Nice Hotel - free hourly shuttle bus to & fro IFC Mall... will definitel
- nice -
- Pool is closed indefinately - Good room, average staff performance and decent location, bu
- services is good - good services but too far away from the city center, not a g
- Small rooms - Even though this hotel has only opened for operation for a f
- Very nice hotel for Hong Kong standards - Very nice hotel and not so far from the center of the island
- 簡潔舒適 - A friend of mine who lives nearby, introduced this hotel to