Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (787)
November 30, 2012
Personal touch in a simple setting
High speed internet access, location, excellent customer service
One would probably set their expectations low as they approach the entrance - it's essentially a commercial building located near where their former colonial masters first landed. The entrance from the street level is very typical of a HK commercial building with a directory of tenants displayed on the wall. My impression changed after being approached by the friendly foyer receptionists in white-and-black (not your typical security guards) who directed me to the hotel lobby at 4th floor. Check-in was a breeze at the tiny front office, and located next to the lobby is a small lounge area with an adjoining balcony (which looks more like a lavish office pantry) where breakfast is served daily. The breakfast spread is very limited, but it didn't bothered me too much - this is HK, and I would prefer to try out the Char Chaan Teng or Yum Cha places than to have breakfast at the hotel. Perhaps I should mention that hot drinks, soft drinks and snacks are made available on complimentary basis round-the-clock at the lounge area.
Rooms are tiny, but that's typically HK. The tiny room is, however, tastefully decorated with a modern feel. Bed is comfortable enough. Shower is powerful. Washroom is slightly more spacious than what I've experienced in some other HK hotels. What I like most about this hotel is the amount of wi-fi access points that they have installed within the building. There is probably no blind spot, so you can stay connected and benefit from the high speed internet access that they provide for free.
The only drawback is the fact that the building, including the 2 lifts, are shared between the hotel and some offices - at times, you may get cramped in the lift with trolley-pushing despatchers. Anyway, I thought it's negligable - this hotel is probably the choice of travellers who spent most of their time exploring the notalgic feel of Sheung Wan and the beauty of the rest of HK.
Lin Heung Kui (on Des Voeux Road West, Sheung Wan) is located 2 minutes walk away from Hotel LBP. One can experience the old-style Yum Cha here...identical to well-publicised Lin Heung Lau (Wellington Street, Central). Even the deco and utensils are identical. No, Lun Heung Kui is not a branch of Lin Heung Lau. Yes, they're both related by family ties, but an unpleasant one from what I heard.
November 25, 2012
The hotel is located on Queens Road West which is a short walk from central. Unusually this hotel is located in a commercial building which seems to have had some floors converted to hotel space.
The room itself was newly fitted. Standard double bed, shower, plasma TV etc and a small basket of complimentary goodies. Staff were friendly.
Only fault I could find was the aircon seemed very dry.
November 24, 2012
Hotel with a personal touch
Small but comfortable rooms; friendly staff
I enjoyed my stay at lbp hotel, which is a short walk to sheung wan mtr station. The staff are friendly and helpful while the room is comfortable albeit a tad tiny. Small touches like fresh decor and refreshing music in the breakfast area make the stay even more pleasant and homey.
Print location map as my taxi driver has difficulties finding the building
November 21, 2012
Small hotel - but BIG on comfort and service
Location, attitude of staff.
The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of all public transport, a selection of eating venues and places of entertainment. At check-in we were up-graded to a "business suite" which we found to be adequately spacious, comfortable and equipped with all amenities that one would expect to find in this type of accommodation. All staff that we came into contact with, were polite, knowledgeable and helpful. The only criticism would be the dining room, which was a little small for this type of hotel.
Take a interesting ride on one of the old tram type buses that still run to some parts of the island.
November 20, 2012
Couldn't fault it
Rooms, staff and location!
Rooms were very modern and clean (they are small but that's just Hong Kong), the staff were very helpful and efficient and the hotel is very close to a train station.
The building is big and blue so you can't miss it.
Only downside is the lack of a restaurant in the hotel but there are heaps nearby
Hotel Feature Tip:
The train system is fantastic so you may save some money by catching a train to the station rather than a taxi. With tolls the taxi cost around $330 HKD and the train was $120 HKD.
November 19, 2012
Great hotel, great service
I very much enjoyed my stay here. Rooms were clean, and very good for the price paid. Staff were attentive and helpful. The location is about a 10 minute walk from Sheung Wan station on the MTR, so it is in the middle of "old town" of Hong Kong.
Families with young children
November 19, 2012
great service with reasonable priced suite rooms
The service was great and all the staff were very friendly. We got free upgrades to a bigger room and hand-written cards and snacks in the room which were really thoughtful touches. It's a short walk to the MTR station, which was ok for us but not so easy for my parents. Taxi can be hard to find during rush hour though so be prepared to walk or leave early during those times.
November 16, 2012
Nice hotel but feels more like a service apartment
Great value in a boutique hotel
Room was great, very modern with bedroom plus lounge area and fab shower room. View from window was awesome. I received a free upgrade from Luxury King to Business Suite room. Free tea / coffee / soft drinks and snacks available at all times and the breakfast was very good too. Free wifi was useful. Only thing is it's far from the mtr stations we had to ride a cab everytime we leave and go to places. Its just that the hotel is far from the MTR station, but very close to the tram ride, about 3 minute walk down to the tram.
Turn right out the hotel and you can get on Hollywood road and have a nice walk to central. There's a nearby park on Hollywood Road and many food choices.
November 15, 2012
Good time in Hongkong
Fancy, elegant and comfortable
I arrived late due to getting lost in Sheungwan area. After checking in, the staff told me that they upgrade my room to business suite with free of charge. Hotel and rooms were nicely decorated with black and white pattern. The lobby was full of sunshine and fresh. Staff were more than friendly. I really enjoyed my stay at LBP
November 14, 2012
Great value for money hotel in the central HK
Decent location, friendly and helpful staff, very good breakfast
Strongly recommend LBP for bunch of added values, such as great location, friendly stuff and good breakfast. Wifi available, worked without problems. 15 min walk to all Central places of interest, 5 min walk to nearest underground. Balanced choise being short of time and visiting HK for several days
Best place to eat and hang out is Soho district, nearby the hotel
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Hotel LBP, Hong Kong
- awesome.. one of the best locations and staff!! - I have to say it was great staying at Hotel LBP.... one of t
- clean and comfortable -
- Clean large rooms in a good location - In a good location about a 10 minute walk from MTR station.
- Cozy hotel and friendly staff - This is a new hotel in a very convenient location, easy to r
- Decent place in HK - It is a bit out of the way for being on HK island but and ok
- Definitely would go again. Most helpful staffs! - My wife, 4-year old daughter and I stayed here for one night
- Excellent for the price! - staff: welcoming and polite. check in was quick and easy!
- Good hotell for the money -
- Good location and good service - the staff were very helpful and speak good english
- Good Location, Excellent Staff - if you are looking for a no frills place to stay on business
- Good service in a nice location - We stayed a couple of nights at this hotel and loved the are
- great hideaways among the bustle of hk - i have stayed at this hotel 3 times and have never been disa
- great hotel & great location - the service was great & staff was quiet helpful with directi
- Great hotel with appropriate service - Nice hotel to stay in central district of hong kong
- Great location and a very nice room - The hotel was very nice and we were very comfortable.
- Great price in a good location - this is a really nice (brand new) hotel located in the sheun
- Great Spacy Room, but lousy breakfast - For me it was weird that the lobby was only on the fourth fl
- Great stay in Hong Kong - Hotel LBP is a great place to stay in Hong Kong. I found the
- Honestly, good location, but way over rated - I did not like this hotel at all. The LBP has beds that are
- Hotel & room are fine, location too off Central - We enjoyed the hotel for our stay, but it is too far to walk
- Hotel LBP - The environment around the hotel is so good, quiet,although
- lovely hotel but small rooms - the hotel is quite far from the MTR to the hotel, it takes a
- lovely hotel nice & clean small rooms - we only stayed overnight found the room small but nice neat
- Lovely hotel with a good service - As expected, the hotel room is quite small. However, we were
- Lovely hotel with great location - very nice rooms and located near downtown only 5 minutes wal
- Lovely little hotel in a great location - I really enjoyed my stay here. I was impressed with the room
- Modern but tiny rooms, friendly staff - took us more than 15 minutes to walk from the ferry terminal
- Nice & Compact - The rooms are nice, even on the large side for HK. Even tho
- Personal touch in a simple setting - One would probably set their expectations low as they approa
- rooms good v.large - could be better informed what was available. i,e. breakfast
- Simple and classy hotel - I loved our stay. Only thing is it's far from the mtr statio
- Small but exquisite hotel - i was given a bead-sized junior suite, with a bedroom and a
- Small but wonderful - The small hotel but a nice one. Great location, close to eve
- small but yet very clean and comfy - very small room but if you only stay in hk for few days it w
- The best hotel in HK - Location is really close to central train station and if you
- Value for Money and good location - Got upgraded to a suite during our stay at Hotel LBP. Servi
- We loved it! beautifully furnished, well equipped! - The rooms are spacious and tastefully furnished, bigger than