Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (3898)
April 28, 2010
Great find - stylish, upscale, great price
The room, decor, amenities, lobby etc are as stylish and comfortable like any other upscale Hong Kong hotel but the price was way lower
I would go back to the Island Pacific in a heartbeat as long as I get the good room rate again that I got on this trip. The room and entire hotel are very good, exactly the kind of stylish and comfortable environment that you come to expect from upscale Hong Kong hotels. The room rate I got however was much lower than an equivalent hotel would cost, probably due to the slightly out of the way location.
The location is in the Western district of Hong Kong island. The closest subway stop is several minutes by foot, though the Ding Ding tram stops just around the corner from the hotel (take the one to Kennedy Town when you return to the hotel from Central). I chose to walk from the hotel to Central each time, it is about 25-30 minutes, and I feel I get a better sense of a city when walking it. The immediate environment around the hotel isn't great - the buildings and stores are a bit dilapidated. At first glance I was a bit concerned when walking back to the hotel late in the evening, but it is completely safe. It's just not like the glitzy business district.
Internet access in the room cost either by the hour or a 24 hour period of time (up to the guest to chose which). I only need to check email for a few minutes a day so paying for an hour or more is inconvenient. Some reviews on the web seemed to think that there was free internet access in the coffee shop, but the reception personnel did not volunteer this info, and it may not be accurate - I did not ask.
Take the Ding Ding tram for a great tour of Hong Kong island. It stops just around the corner from the hotel (the receptionist told me 5 minutes walk, but it's no more than 2 minutes.)
April 28, 2010
April 27, 2010
Fabulous hotel at a great price
comfortable and beautiful
The Island Pacific Hotel is a great find. It is a nice upscale hotel that is as good as the much more expensive hotels I'd stayed at during previous Hong Kong trips. (Nothing is as nice as the Grand Hyatt or the Mandarin, of course, but they are way, way more expensive, too.) But for a truly pleasant hotel at a good price, I haven't found anything like the Island Pacific in Hong Kong yet. The location isn't great and most guests probably chose to either eat in the hotel or take a taxi to another area of Hong Kong to eat dinner. The Harbor view, in my mind, isn't worth spending extra money on, because the view is of the western area of Kowloon, which isn't as fantastic a view as one would be from the central Kowloon area to Hong Kong island. On the other hand, my room had the harbor view so I don't know if the non-harbor view is ugly and depressing.
Good women's clothing outlets of primarily European designer clothing as well as evening and party clothing at a steep discount in the Pedder Building on Pedder street in Central. The prices are not as cheap as they used to be but the quality is very high.
April 25, 2010
April 24, 2010
Male employees were very kind. The price is reasonable.
This hotel is reasonably priced and its service and room were just right for the price. The room was quite small and especially beds were narrow so you should be careful when you sleep. On the other hand, the bathroom was really clean and water pressure was really satisfactory. One more ting: Room cleaning service was good.
I listed pros and cons in an unorganized way. Sorry for that. In sum, this hotel is worth the price. I recommend this hotel to anybody whose main concern is money.
Hotel Feature Tip:
The only available transport near hotel (of course except taxi) is the Tram. You are required to walk about 200m to get to the Tram station from the Hotel.
April 19, 2010
Spacious room, free shuttle bus to Hong Kong Airport Express
All the staffs were very friendly. and the level of security is good. you need your room card to access to your level when taking the lift. you need to produce your room card before entering the lift lobby. which makes it safe for us
April 17, 2010
its just an ok experience
not really much pros. its just a normal experience with a lot of lacks.
overall its not a really good experience. next time I would rather find a hotel nearer to kowloon area or causeway bay. easier for everything.
April 16, 2010
Hotel good value, staff attentive and very helpfull, Buffet lunch of good quality and variety and value for money.
A pleasant hotel, in the area where the dried fish and seafood shops are located. Found this a plus rather than a disadvantage, made exploring more interesting. Staff very helpful, rooms clean and well presented. Arrived on an early morning flight from Australia, and staff were able to accommodate us with an earlier than normal check in after an hour or so wait. We simply explored the area and our room was ready a little over an hour later, a non smoking room as requested. We had originally booked in for two nights with the intention of checking out early around 9.00pm as our onward flight to the UK was around midnight. However due to the flight cancellation/volcano we were held over at the airport until 3.00am. We phoned the hotel and they let us check back in to our previously vacated rooms, which they had tidied up for us when we arrived back at the hotel again. We (4 persons) were impressed with the service at all times. The airlines were having a chaotic time finding hotels for passengers.
The Island Pacific Hotels Buffet luncheon was excellent value and dishes well presented, a fresh and tempting array.
We are not big breakfast eaters so did not try the hotels breakfast buffet which we have no doubt would have been excellent, but used a little local diner among the fish shops a short walk from the hotel. Tea, toast, fried egg, bacon around HK18.
April 16, 2010
Efficient and elegant
Close to the business and tourist centres
Tram stop within about 100 metres
Generous room service meal sizes
We stayed at the Island Pacific Hotel for 5 nights in April 2010. The hotel is well placed just to the West of the Central district. Staff are efficient and friendly. The hotel is well-equipped with a nice bar and restaurant. Room size is fairly standard for Hong Kong. Bed was comfortable and bathroom pretty much pristine.
If you need a taxi, rather than waiting at the hotel driveway, where you basically have to wait for a taxi coming to the hotel, walk 50 metres around the corner onto Connaught Road West (towards the harbour). Taxis are plentiful here. The concierge were all to happy to give us this hint which worked like a charm!
April 10, 2010
Good Hotel in Historical Location
- Location at the "old town" of Hong Kong
- Clean Rooms
- Good Breakfast
- Friendly Staff
- Good Transportation to other parts of Hong Kong by Bus or Tram
Island Pacific can be seen as value for price. All staff are helpful and Check in and out is very efficient.The Standard rooms are small, but clean, but for the price it is acceptable.Located around 15-20 minute walk from the Sheung Wan MTR, and plenty of Bus or Tram to offer a ride to any destination in HK.Good Local Restaurant are all around to get the typical taste of HK dishes.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Island Pacific Hotel, Hong Kong
- 3-4 star hotel with a good price - location is not particularly conveneinet, but ok on the hk i
- 3rd time stay in this hotel - it's my 3rd time stay in this hotel, the location is conveni
- 3stars hotel only - i thinks this hotel is good for seamans or fish delar only
- 7/10 - .
- A bargain for the quality - the island pacific hotel is a great choice for those seeking
- A bit far from major commute - Above average rooms, staff is profesional, internet is good.
- A Hotel with Great Service - the best part of this hotel is its management. i love the ho
- A little out of the way but good value for money - The front of the hotel was a little hard to reach as the sma
- a nice affordable hotel - near tram station and bus stop
- Ade - We reached hotel abt 3p.m. Yet reception said the room was n
- All round good experience - A free and frequent shuttle bus to Central District made thi
- All staffs are professional and smile, helpful. - All staffs are helpful and professional.
Rooms are small
- Always a pleasure to stay here - I've stayed here several times now as its very reasonabley p
- An Unforgettable Fantastic Hong Kong Trip - I had a wonderful time in Hong Kong. There are many things m
- Basic, good value for the money - The room was clean and had the basics that you need. Very co
- beautiful views - tidy rooms with good service, the sea views is good while th
- Budget hotel slight away from the centre -
- Business hotel near Macau ferry terminal - it is still about 15 minute walking to the mtr station, but
- central hongkong location - location okay... will cost hk by taxi from hotel to airport
- Cheap & Cheerful - Great place- stayed here a few times & will be going back.
- Classic business hotel - Nice classic hotel and business center . Good for biz trave
- Clean & Tidy - The hotel should have more information on the specialties or
- Clean and cozy but small room - Recommend to travelers for acceptable price and quality. But
- Clean and Great Location. - the hotel is located in a trandtionl area of hong kong. it i
- Clean, close and comfy - Location is good for business traveler, service good, facili
- Clean, convenient and quick - A very convenient hotel near central Hong Kong. Only a few t
- Comfortable and cozy -
- comfortable hotel and nice service - the localtion is a bit far from the mrt station, but there a
- Comfortable Hotel - this hotel is located on hk island, but is not as central as
- comfortable with attentive staff -
- convenient but small room - comfortable stay, will come to stay again for sure
- Cosy place - i would stay there again, but they should stock up the mini
- Decent hotel with good service - island pacific hotel is located in the west side on the hk i
- Decent hotel - Hotel was at a good location. Near lots of public transport
- Decent Location, Great Service & Ammenities - the front desk is very attentive and customer friendly (engl
- Decent Value but Rooms Small - My husband and I spent 5 nights at Island Pacific. We chose
- Decent - Nice hotel, I stay here when in Hk cos it's reasonable ..roo
- early check in n late check out! - my sister n i arrives at 11 am and amazingly they hv room re
- Ewww - this should not ranked a four star hotel, although i probabl
- EXCELLENT AND AFFORDABLE STAY - food here is a bit dear, but there are a lot of restaurant t
- Excellent service - room size is good. the location is great to move around espe
- Excellent short stay - During our first trip to HK, we had 3 days stay in the Harbo
- Excellent value - Good value hotel with relatively large clean modern rooms.
- excellent - This hotel is a rare occurence: it's a well-run four-star bu
- Fair Deal - The hotel is one of the best for the money in HK.
Just the s
- Fairly good location, good for business travellers - i have stayed in this hotel several time in past , the servi
- fantastic hotel great service great rooms - This hotel was great to stay in. It was near the public tra
- Fantastic hotel with great service - great sevice, very nice clean rooms, really big rooms for hk
- Friendly hotel - Its actually our second time to stay in pacific island hotel
- Friendly staff and great value for money - Great to have Shutter bus transport available for free to ne
- good and pleasent hotel to stay, friendly staff. - overall hotel is valuable for money. Excellent service.
- Good and professional service - Great. The rooms are nice. Cozy, clean and with a size that
- Good for the money, but quite far away. - If you want to stay in Hong kong island this is a good optio
- Good functional business hotel. - no issues. would stay there again but won;t be the first cho
- Good hotel close to Central District - The hotel has a lot of amenities like fitness room, pool and
- Good hotel for good price - The staff here are very courteous and the hotel was great fo
- Good hotel with helpful staffs - Checked in on the day of Class 10 typhoon. Fast and very po
- Good Hotel - most of my request where given. too bad i was put on a lower
- good hotel - never heard of this htoel before, but it's really quite good
- good location , nice hotel - nice staff upgraded us to a rally nice view of the harbour
- Good location and affordable - This hotel have the best price in average in the central are
- Good location and clean hotel - The location of the hotel is really good, easy access from t
- Good location - The service is good and the room is reasonable with price. B
- Good locations with warm services - Have a pleasant stay for two nights. Hotel staffs are very w
- Good Place for the money - The hotel is a nice play to stay. The rooms were a little b
- Good room & location - This hotel has a clean good room with convenient location.
- Good service but far away from MTR station, - Well I would say everything in average - average room, locat
- Good service but old rooms - Nice for a few days in a part of Hong Kong, which is not foc
- Good service with reasonable price hotel - i had good experience staying in island pacific hotel. the h
- good services but small room - The location is not really good. We need to take a 20 mins w
- Good Value for Money - we had a wonderful 2-night stay at Island Pacific Hotel. Hot
- Good Value Stay - Staffs are friendly and helpful. The hotel helped us store l
- good value - the transportations are convenience. u can take the tram in
- Gread location room quite good - None
- Great area and very comfy - The best hotel in term of price, comfy, area, and near to th
- Great find - stylish, upscale, great price - I would go back to the Island Pacific in a heartbeat as long
- Great for our Honeymoon! - stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly. the bathrooms
- Great Harbor View - Great value with fantastic views of the Harbor from those ro
- Great harbour views - The room was small, but clean and comfortable. The hotel is
- Great hotel and service, tiny rooms - clean, hospitable staff, was a nice experience and the locat
- Great hotel at a good location - stayed at the island pacific for a weekend together whit my
- Great hotel of the beaten path - i have always liked staying at the island pacific, the only
- Great hotel with a helpful staff. - The Island Pacific Hotel is a wonderful hotel where you can
- great hotel with harbour view - I found it is more for business rather for romance purpose.
- great hotel, comfortable room - there are no mtr (subway) station near the hotel but getting
- Great Hotel, Nice View, Convenient Location - This hotel is great value for Hong Kong and its proximity to
- Great hotel. OK location. - This hotel is great for short stays. It is clean has a gym,
- Great Hotel - it was a great stay with my friend we have requested a conne
- Great location and correct service - Great location and correct service. A bit on the expensive s
- Great location and great staff! - the room was excellent and the staff were very friendly and
- Great location but away from MTR - nice hotel with great amenities, rooms are not huge but clea
- Great location but hard beds - I have stayed here before and come back gladly. However, sof
- great location but small room - got suttle bus ..very convenient..from hotel to hk station o
- Great location but small rooms - Room is small, but only here to visit relatives, so not stay
- Great Location but window view is not nice - Nice Hotel with ok price in great location, easy for me to g
- Great location, value for money -
- Great location - great hotel value for money. although the rooms are on the s
- Great location - The best hotel in term of price. The room also very comfy. T
- Great Locations and the staff very supportive - the only hotel to me feel like staying in 5 star even it is
- Great modern hotel close to all you need - This is a great hotel in HK, it's a little way out from cent