Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Island West
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (3898)
November 01, 2009
A pleasant stay at Island Pacific Hotel
Friendly and very helpful staff. Nice view from room.
I had a pleasant stay. Just to share, one lady staff at the reception counter went out of her way to find out information regarding where to by famous Hong Kong biscuits. And it was during the middle of the night at about 2 a.m. when I inquired. She managed to provide me with accurate details (name and address of shops that I was looking for) and some advice. Also, the concierge guys were friendly, cheerful and helpful. My transport to the airport was arranged on time and without any problems at all.
November 01, 2009
Convenient & Friendly
* Friendly staff ready, if not always able, to meet the needs of patrons
I felt very welcome and comfortable and the breakfast buffet was worthwhile. The staff were very friendly and willing to assist where possible. Their local knowledge was welcome and accurate. Perhaps they could have a detailed map of the local area showing the position of the closest metro stop and listing the bus numbers which connect the metro with the hotel.
Check the position of the closest metro and bus route information - it's further than you think especially at night!!
United States of America,
November 01, 2009
Good location, excellent view.
Location, location, location and view. The concierge staff was most helpful
I did my own reseach and used the reviews of other travellers as a means of picking a hotel in Hong Kong. I was delighted by my choice. I had a very late night flight out of HK and the staff was very kind by allowing me a late check out for only 1/2 price. It is very close to any kind of transportation, tram, bus, and MTR. The shuttle service to and from the airport was very convenient. Great experience. PS the shower is the greatest, after a long hot day the powerful spray was most welcome.
Try the shops and stalls close to the hotel before travelling too far looking for food and gifts. Go up the little hill, lots of good buys and eats there.
October 31, 2009
Island Pacific Hotel Sheung Wan Hong Kong Island
I have stayed in this hotel many times. I have always found it clean, efficient and good value for money. If you get a room facing the harbour the view is spectaclular as long as the weather is good and the polution low. The nearest MTR is quite a long walk but you can get the tram for two dollars very nearby. I have always found the local area expecially DeVoeux Road West fascinating. If you are looking for antiques then Hollywood road is close and easy to find.
I like looking at the chinese food shops
United States of America,
October 31, 2009
David Koresh Waco facility
I thought hotel was decent, they had a great restaurant and bar, the service was a bit slow but they were very helpful.
Lets just start off to say that this hotel is great. But before i get into the good parts about it let me just say that when you get the Superior city view, its is anything but "superior." YOur veiw will be some corroded urban surroundings.As for the entertainment, they have a 5 star restaurant, you should try the tarimasu, it was amazing. When you leave the hotel to go to an ATM, its down the street a ways and it is near an "open" meat market, and by "open" i mean dead pigs hung up around it and flesh breeding germs are growing. Its a pretty disgusting view to see the carnage, i definately reccomend you not to purchase any meat from there, its pretty gross. Overall its a wonderful hotel, friendly people descent rooms, very good room service, very relaxing stay. They have a full-serviceable bar and at night they have live performances. It makes for a good evening.
There are regular cabs coming through there, make sure they have their meters cleared to 18 HKSD before you get in, Hong Kong cabs are notorious for ripping people off, especially drunk people. It is however the cheapest way to get around. Don't take a cab to get to kowloon, there is a ferry that will take you there for like 50 cents. Wanchai is awesome, its definately the nightlife.
United States of America,
October 31, 2009
Good hotel, bad hood
Good looking hotel! great view from the front side
Although the neighborhood was a little rundown and the rooms were very small. I think you got a pretty good deal for you dollar. Also after some exploring we found some nice restaurants in the area (dim sum, steak, and a local pub). Also the hotel hade a party good buffet. I’d stay here again and I’d recommend it to friends with the warning not to get the side view room!
look around, you'll find some good local food.
October 26, 2009
Good value for money and excellent service
The room (in the corner of the building) was in good condition with a nice view over the harbour through very large windows. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous.
If you are looking for good value and want to stay on the Hong Kong Island, this hotel can be a good choice. Although it's not located right on Central or Causeway Bay, it's right next to the tram line which will take you there for next to no money (20 HKD). Also, the nearest MTR (subway) station is about five minutes ride away. To visit Macau, just walk to the Turbojet terminal at Shun Tak Centre, it's less than 10 minutes away.
We asked for an early check in (at around nine am) and were greeted with a complimentary upgrade to a room with a better view! The front desk was very helpful with our enquiries about the city, which were plentiful as we stayed for one week.
There's a (non-heated) pool and a tiny but neat gym, and you can eat breakfast at cheap chinese diners right around the corner, if you don't feel like spending ~100 HKD at the hotel each morning.
There's a good vietnamese restaurant on the 2nd floor across the street to the nearest MTR station's entrance (five minutes by tram from the hotel).
October 26, 2009
everything was good at the hotel cant complain.
October 26, 2009
With in two days in our stay in hongkong.
most important, hotel are very clean and the staff are polite, friendly very helpfull, and it is convenient to go anywhere with the tram to central og hongkong, causewaybay shops, markets and to any point where you want to,it is easy for us. We like very much! so Island Pacific is in the best location, best price and best for everything. and most value of money.Hopefully we like to come back to hongkong again,and will book to Island Pacific Hotel next time. An we are looking forward to it... not bad, but the best for all!!!!! see you again and we love it. Our stay we satisfied and happy their services and everything! thanks very much for welcoming us during our stay...
During our stay in Island Pacific hotel, was brilliant, and satisfied thier staff services, tansportation was easy for us, convenient, walking distance to the wet market,central of hongkong, shoppings and restaurant where you want to eat chinise delicasy. We recomending Island Pacific Hotel is the best for all! it is convenient from the airport and for departure.Hotel are very clean, nice view and beautiful lobby with lovely music during the night while your having meeting your friends in the coffee bar as well so everything is there, food which is good quality, and good value of money not dear,So It is highly recomended to anybody who likes to stay, thats from us! we are happy and we enjoy during our stay.
It is the best location from sight seeing, example , to victoria harbor pier, ferry towards tsimtsatsui kowloon, peak tram, shopping,and restaurant, and anywhere places you wanted to go. Also it is situated where the pier going to macau. and walking distance if you wanted.
United States of America,
October 25, 2009
Good Place for the money
Great view of the harbor
Helpful English speakers at the hotel
Good free shuttle bus
The hotel is a nice play to stay. The rooms were a little bit small. We did receive a free upgrade which was good. We had a front view of the harbor but the view to the sides was not so nice. The hotel staff very very kind and helpful. The hotel is located where the locals live and shop so there aren't many stores or restaurants if you are looking for the western type places.
The hotel is close to two of the best sites in Hong Kong. If you stay here, visit Victoria Peak and take a ride on the Star Ferry.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Island Pacific Hotel, Hong Kong
- 3 star. Hard bed and it needs carpet or wood floor -
- A bit far from the MTR - It's a small room, but the area of Hong Kong is ok. Problem
- A friendly and clean and convenient hotel - we were met with friendly smiles right from the door. the r
- A good hotel for a fair price - Arrival started with a friendly helpdesk.
The rooms were fin
- A Haven In Hong Kong - It is true, just like in other reviews we read, you do almos
- A nice hotel with friendly service - an enjoyable stay. rather geared for business travellers, bu
- A pleasant stay at Island Pacific Hotel - I had a pleasant stay. Just to share, one lady staff at the
- affordable hotel - good hotel for backpackers and adult guests.
- affordable, far from the action - i enjoyed it. the hotel was a bit far from where i wanted or
- Average hotel - Stayed here for two nights. Arrived at the hotel, only to b
- Bargain hotel but in a poor location - Hotel has good staff and good food; however, the hotel is in
- beautiful - very nice hotel in a decent part of town. close to central v
- Best Location - Its a good hotel in a good location. At first hand it seems
- can be better. - can be better if the room can be sightly bigger than the oth
- Clean and well managed hotel - the hotel is by far the best i have stayed in terms of value
- CLEAN HOTEL - We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The room is very clean and
- Clean room and close to central area - It's was a good hotel for short business trip , clean room ,
- Clean rooms with functional wifi access - We got off the Macau ferry and through the exit point which
- Clean, convenient, courteous - almost everything about the island pacific was to my liking.
- close to western tunnel, quick wayover kowloon sid -
- Comfortable room, okay accommodation -
- Comments. - Overall the hotel was comfortable, the location is not ideal
- Convenience in Hong Kong - We have always enjoyed our stay at the Island Pacific. It i
- Convenience location - For the money charge in Hong Kong is good value for the buck
- Convenient business hotel - The hotel is in Sheungwan, close to Sheungwan MRT but far fr
- Convenient hotel, simple but small rooms - Stay was quite nice, with good view of the hustle and bustle
- Conveniently Located Hotel - five of us were in hong kong for a business trip. it was one
- Conveniently located, nice hotel - this hotel matched the given description perfectly which is
- Decent Hotel in not so good surroundings - The hotel is situated in some sort of wholesale market. THe
- Decent Hotel, not smoker-friendly - This is just an "okay" hotel, the staff were friendly, and t
- Easy going - Had a wonderful stay and the staff were very helpful and fri
- Economy hotel for travelers on a budget. - There isn't much to do around the hotel, so it's certainly n
- Efficient hotel with attentive staff. - Very enjoyable stay, the hotel has all the ammenities necess
- Excellent centralized location - We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It is close to everything.
- Excellent customer service and care! - We really enjoyed our stay at Island Pacific Hotel. Staff at
- Excellent hotel at as decent price - for hong kong, rooms are of adequate size and well appointed
- excellent hotel to stay again - this hotel provides baby cot， it is really a bonus for a new
- Excellent Hotel - nothiing
- Excellent hotel - The stuff are very nice and helpful. The hotel is very clean
- Excellent location. Terrific value hotel. - helpful and courteous staff. public transportation at the do
- excellent service, decently sized room for hk - The staff were extremely helpful and kind. There's even a fr
- Excellent value for money hotel! - during my business trips to hk i always stay at the island p
- Excellent Value for Money - The location is convenient for airport bus (A10). Stops like
- excellent - very comfortable and no problems. The TV programmes were the
- Fabulous hotel with excellence services provided - Clean room with free wifi internet is convenience for busine
- Fantastic view - We had a great stay, 15 walk from the Macau ferry Terminal.
- first class staff - My wife and I enjoyed our break at this hotel and found it t
- Friendly service but far away from Central action - stayed here for one night only before heading to kowloon. bo
- Friendly Staff and convenient shuttle - however, cons include: front desk staff were reluctantly to
- Friendly staff - Get the experience on tram ride.Just at the back of the hote
- Good comfortable hotel on Hong Kong Island - This is a nice comfortable high rise hotel in the Sheung Wan
- good customer service - 一進飯店,就有非常好的服務人員,總是帶著微笑來服務,讓每一個進來的人都感覺非常的舒服.裡面的餐廳食物品質也非常的高,地理
- Good for money - it was a lovely hotel only 800metres from the sheng wan mtr
- Good for the price - The hotel was nice and the service was good. The hotel is a
- Good hotel and a great location - Pleasantly surprised with the location as easy to get to fro
- Good hotel and very friendly staff - easy access to tramway (e.g. to go to soho) and only 5 minut
- Good hotel to stay - Not a bad hotel to stay if you don't mind the location which
- good hotel, small room - local is not very good and i take 15 minutes from hotel to t
- Good hotel, well located and with affordable price - This hotel is located at 3 minutes walking from tramway that
- good hotel - i like this hotel,room not big but clean.around this area no
- Good Hotel - Its expensive hotel, but good location and food in good qual
- Good hotel - Luckily got upgraded to executive suite with fantastic view.
- Good Hotel - Reasonable price.One of the best performance hotel since I h
- Good hotel - stay there often,,,reasonable, has wifi in rooms...i m there
- Good Hotel - this is a good hotel, only drawback is that it is not near a
- Good location but small rooms - spent 3 nights there, with friends. Close to city center (Ce
- Good location, friendly staff - very accommodating and friendly staff. reasonable price, fre
- good location - I liked staying there. Nice modern clean hotel with great vi
- Good location - I would go and stay at this hotel again as I find the staff
- Good Location - The hotel is good located for a good price. The bed was ok a
- Good location - The location is good very close the CBD. Small room for a 4-
- Good location - We arrived after midnight. They waited for us. They were ver
- good price in good location - hotel is close to Hongkong central, easily go to shopping ar
- Good rates in HK - Hotel is pretty old but the service is not bad. Satisfy with
- Good seaview hotel but room is small - I booked this hotel for my aunt and she likes it over all bu
- good service and good room - the room is pretty good and i feel very comfortable to live
- Good service hotel with great staff - The hotel is located near to the MTR station and it has shut
- good service, easy access to airport. - Closed to the ferry terminal to Macao,good service,room are
- good service - good staff helpful , smile , everything simple and perfect
- Good service - Hotel is pretty old but the service is not bad. Satisfy with
- Good value business hotel - While the location may not be most ideal for accessing hotel
- Good value for money - The hotel was the most affordable 4 star Western-brand hotel
- Good Value for Money - The Island Pacific hotel provided the facilities you would e
- Good - Good service and great location with free airport express tr
- Good - stay was good,room was medium sized,clean..side ocean view w
- Great facility at great price - The hotel is clean and looks new. Bed is firm and sheets are
- great hotel - but location out of cbd - i was happy with the hotel which is in the western district
- Great hotel for solo biz traveler - The view was excellent! Room was good and clean. Staff were
- Great hotel in a great location! - One of the best hotels we have stayed at in hong kong, very
- great hotel with excellent service - the hotel is a 10 min taxi from central. the location is clo
- Great Hotel with excellent service - The rooms were average in size and the staff are great. The
- Great hotel with excellent, friendly service - Excellent staff with a very pleasant, helpful attitude duri
- Great hotel! Great service! - as hk is an expensive city for a long weekend we mainly focu
- Great hotel, back again -
- Great hotel, friendly staff, convenient location - The hotel is located in the western part of Hong Kong Island
- Great hotel - Place is great. Employees very helpful and friendly. Place i
- Great location but small rooms - Great Location, Small Rooms (normal for Hong Kong hotels), h
- Great location for food and shops - Although I only use the hotel as somewhere to sleep at night
- Great Location, very good service but small rooms - check-in and check-out service was quick and efficient. hote
- great location, with lots of transort close - the room was very clean and comfortable , staff were also ve