Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Island West
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (3878)
July 29, 2009
Island pacific hotel
Not in the crowded area of HK but Central easily reached by bus or tram. If you are into buying dried goods like fish maw etc. good place to stay - it is the "dried goods street" with lots of shops to choose from. Had a nice room facing the harbor. Concierge staff very friendly
I picked the hotel because I had a free night's stay. since I was going to spend another 4 nights in HK, decided to extend the stay there because I didn't want the hassle of moving and I got a fairly reasonable rate on the internet. I was very disappointed that the hotel did not provide free internet and that the charges were so high. They had a package where you get free internet if you bought two breakfast vouchers. that would mean I had to eat at the hotel restaurant, which did not really serve very good food.
The gym was very small and claustrophobic and there was only 1 lift to the pool and gym. Most of the time you had to wait almost 5 minutes for that lift.
the rooms are clean and well maintained but quite lacking in amenities. There were the standard toiletries but no cotton buds which guests would appreciate especially after a swim. The in room safe was very out dated too.
Overall, I don't think I would stay at the hotel again even if they offered low rates.
Good for Asians who wish to buy dried goods like fish maw or sharks fin or dried scallops. Lots of shops selling these.
Many buses and tram take you to Central within 5 minutes walk of hotel
Families with older children
July 28, 2009
Pleased as punch
Spectacular view, interesting Chinese location. A buy on HK island.
Room was just barely big enough to add rollaway bed for teenager. Did not try restaurant, but this form requires a response, so I put Average.
Hop a trolley to see HK central, or bus to see back side of the island.
July 27, 2009
Good hotel for good price
Price, simming pool, great buffets
The staff here are very courteous and the hotel was great for the price. Book online for huge discounts.
July 26, 2009
Good value for money
-In the heart of Clarke Quay
-Very good value for money
-Free use of Apple computers in lobby
The hotel was the most affordable 4 star Western-brand hotel I could find in Singapore at the time I went there. It's less than 10 minutes walk from Clarke Quay MRT station. There's lots of bars, clubs, restaurants nearby - most are expensive. The lobby and public areas of the hotel are very modern. The room itself was quite small, clean, slightly dated. The hotel is above the Liang Court shopping centre, convenient for shops and eating places that are a lot cheaper than most of Clarke Quay. You're about 15 minutes walk from Chinatown.
Head to Lau Pa Sat food court for extremely reasonably priced, and very tasty, food, 24 hours a day. There's Chinese, Indian and Malay food, and satay places just outside. Lau Pa Sat itself is a Victorian cast-iron building. Nearest station is Raffles Place MRT.
United States of America,
July 25, 2009
Second Stay- still a good deal
late check out available, super friendly staff, clean
Second time I have stayed at the Magnificent International Hotel in HK and I was equally as satisfied the second time around. The rooms are small, but clean. Staff is super friendly and really helpful. They are very accommodating to late check outs. The pool is also a nice relief from the hot streets of HK in the summer.
July 25, 2009
The hotel is located near the central area of Hongkong island. That means the both sides of the coin. You have to take bus, tram or MTR and the Star ferry (Taxi is not good choice in Hongkong fot the most of taxi drivers can't understand english. And in my occasion, one of them couldn't find the Art museum and another tried to cheat me 20 dollars) at Hongkong to enjoy the wonderful night sky line, and the modern famous shopping areas are also not around the hotel.
But the central area the Island pacific hotel is located will be the most exciting area for the travellers who look for the real attractiveness of Hongkong. Old trams and modern double deck buses, a lot of kinds of old stores and modern buildings, and Hongkong people who are in harmony with them naturally. I think thoes are the real looks of Hongkong and if you stay in the hotel you would be constrained to see the real face of Hongkong. Good luck!
The tram line is so near that you can reach peak tram, Wanchai, Causway, Star ferry and so on enjoying the old taste of Hongkong withou a big money if you can bear the hot of Hongkong.
July 21, 2009
Room cleanliness is at high standard,
Hotel staff are 5-star hotel service,
Low room rates with high standard service
The room is clean, the bathroom is also nice, the hotel staff are friendly and helpful. I stayed in one of the rooms that overlooked the harbour, which I recommend you to choose rather than those rooms with the city view. You cannot find any hotel in HK with low room rates and good facilities. The hotel is located in the west side of Hongkong island, so for those who are shopping mania are not recommended. But if you are on business trip or sightseeing, this hotel offers you an excellent night rest.
Nothing that we can find at or near the hotel
July 21, 2009
within tram distance of anything you wanted to actually see.
the staff at the entrance were friendly
We were disappointed at how impersonal the service was, having arrived at Hong Kong for the last leg of a six week holiday.
Very hard to get anyones attention at the desk. The free internet service was available only if you had your own laptop otherwise the charge was extravagent
the hotel room was old and jaded and the service from staff was just as jaded. A great disappointment.
A cyclone was imminent when we were there and apart from a screen warning, no one gave us current information on just what to expect, or what was going on.
We had to request clean towells each day , as they were not automatically provided, and this entailed chasing domestic services on various floors of the hotel
Cheap tram fares to get out of that region and off to the shopping and sightseeing areas of hong kong
July 15, 2009
very nice hotel in very central location
staff were very helpful, location is great for those arriving/departing via macau or for those into the soho nightlife.
would definetly recommend with the above provisos.
July 13, 2009
A great benefit stay
elegance atmosphere interior, closed to western tunnel,value for money.
ALthough location is off central district, yet within minutes accessible to train station, cross tunnel, office district, etc. Have been upgraded to high floor executive room this time to obtain extra spaces on top of the usual comforts and elegance atmosphere of the hotel. would recomment to friends in future.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Island Pacific Hotel, Hong Kong
- A gem in Hong Kong - I stayed at the Island Pacific hotel during my brief trip to
- A great choice - Even the location ( a little way from the central attraction
- A pleasant stay - Hotel is located near the ferry terminal to Macau. 10 minute
- a quick review - classified as 4 star hotel, but they do not provide free wif
- A small hotel with a good hospitality. - a good hotel for stay.staff are helpfull.easy to get the rai
- a worthwhile place to stay - Island Pacific is well recommended for a short visit in the
- Acceptable and near the Macau terminal - Friendly, good check-in service, clean well the room
- acceptable price with good location - If you have ever visited in Hong Kong, you probably realize
- adequate - Like I said above, everything is pretty much adequate. You g
- Affordable hotel on HK island - island pacific hotel is located on the western side of hk is
- Affordable hotel - This hotel is not as conveniently located to the MTR station
- affordable price hotel. - The staff is very reliable and good and very hopeful. They h
- All Good - No complaints have stayed there multiple times! Staff is fr
- an excellent hotel - Island Pacific is a very good hotel.Though it is a little fa
- Average Hotel - overall is good hotel. Just that the hotel require u to take
- Beautiful view - The sea view was magnificent, floor to ceiling windows. Room
- Bit out of the way, but value for money - For the little inconvenience of location, you will save cons
- Clean & Confortable - The room is clean and bed is confortable. Location is good e
- Clean and practical - I got exactly what I expected: a clean, comfortable room and
- Clean and Well Equipped Room at Convenient Landmar - Overall impression of the hotel is positive. It has more equ
- clean but small room - overall is good
- Clean Hotel, good sized room for a single person - When I arrived, I got a free room upgrade. Having read vario
- Clean hotel - I enjoy this hotel because I travel to Discovery Bay for my
- clean, friendly and pleasant. -
- Close to Everything - Great time only downside pool operating hours pool closes at
- Close to MTR - The hotel is just normal up to standard but nothing so outst
- Comfort and money value -
- Comfortable & quiet ambience - The staff was very attentive upon arrival & check-in was smo
- Comfortable hotel - A comfortable stay in IP Hotel for three nights. Transport t
- Comfortable -
- confortable place - This hotel has one of the best harbour view. We booked direc
- Convenient - Good Location, convenient, and good value for money. But No
- Convinient Stay - Good quality/price hotel with easy connections to Airport, r
- Decent place to stay - Location was OK but not great. We found ourselves walking 20
- Does what it says - This hotel is what it is.
Nothing fancy, Special or appe
- Efficient and clean. - Location is great! Beautiful sea view. Modern decoration, cl
- Efficient and elegant - We stayed at the Island Pacific Hotel for 5 nights in April
- Excelent Hotel, excelent services, small rooms - Great people, averitime doing efforts to make you feeling li
- Excellent hotel, most helpful staff. - staff upgraded me to a harbour view no problem, no extra cha
- Excellent Place to live & reside - It was the greatest experience of comfortible living & will
- excellent stay - Very nice hotel with great service from the staffs. 7-11 and
- Fabulous Hotel, wonderful service, beautiful views - this is an extremely professional high standard hotel. it's
- Fair place for its price - When we stayed in this hotel for only one night. The overall
- fantastic value for a harbour front hotel. - what a great hotel staff very friendly and helpfull on the h
- Far away from MTR - This hotel too far away from MTR, need walk more less 15-20
- friendly staff, small room, quite clean - We were staying in Wynn at Macau before going to Hong Kong,
- good & tidy hotel - Very clean and tidy room , good service from the crews. a ro
- Good and clean hotel but small rooms - Our stay in Island Pacific hotel was really good. I really l
- Good choice in Hong Kong for budget travelers - Stayed here Apr 7-13, 2009 & would stay here again. The room
- Good facilities and staff, expensive food - really enjoyed my stay as the facilities were good. locatio
- Good for Macau ferry - This is not about location in a nice area. Our first mistake
- Good hotel for money -
- Good hotel in ok location - Stay was ok, although I was ill and couldn't evaluate all th
- Good hotel service - When we arrived the hotel, we were a little bit early than t
- Good hotel with a pool & gym to enjoy. - We just stayed for a night at the hotel. The hotel was good
- Good Hotel, efficient service - a stress free stay, rooms clean and comfortable but expected
- good hotel - From the Hongkong Airport Express Station, one has to take a
- good hotel - The bellboys of the hotel are extremely friendly and courtio
- Good Hotel - The hotel staff is very customer friendly. The harbor-side
- good location - not all rooms equal - this hotel is probably popular among budget travelers who do
- Good location - we are very satisfied with our stay in the hotel. great loca
- Good place to stay - I'm extending my stay after a business trip in cbd area. It'
- good price for the quality - comfortable and spacous room. The room is very clean and the
- Good service, charming view from room - though this hotel's location is not that near to subway stat
- Good service - Good service, spacious room for Hong Kong standards.
- Good service - The hotel was as I have expected as I have read many reviews
- Good staff but small rooms - we stayed for one night and got a room with partial harbour
- Good stay - We stayed two nights in this hotel in early November. The ro
- Good time in Hong Kong - A centrally located hotel with good standard and even better
- good value for money - book a deluxe room if has budget, room is much larger and co
- Good value for money - this is the 5th time i have stayed her. i come back because
- good value - have always found IP hotel a rather nice and roomy hotel. ha
- good -
- Great and freindly service - when i booked i had asked for a smoking room and on arrival
- Great harbour view, more than average services - was initially assigned lower 5th floor (twin-sharing), but m
- Great hotel and nice staff - The hotel staff are so nice and accomodating, you will wake
- Great hotel in Hong Kong -
- Great Location and friendly staff - i'm a return client at this hotel, like this location esp it
- Great location but small rooms - I travelled to Hong Kong to visit the Jewellery Exhibition,
- Great location but small rooms - Location is convenient for me as I am working near. Walking
- Great location but small rooms - Small rooms, horrible stained carpet, ver small bathroom.
- great location but small rooms - we choosed to stay at Island pacific because its accessible
- Great Location for the Price - the staff were very helpful and accommodated my need for ear
- Great location with reasonable price - the hotel locates at shuen wan station, which is at city cen
- Great location, comfortable stay - The hotel is located in a very central area on the island, a
- Great location - The hotel service is great, great staff.
Because of the lat
- Great location - Very good area. Very comfy. Ver flexible in term of pricing.
- Great Place to stay...... - Same as information provided above. Great Hotel to stay at,
- great place - I would recomend this to other travlers it is a great place
- Great service - Great location, very handy to walk/subway to central. Cheap
- Great Staffs - Value for money. Location is not very good, I took taxi ever
- Great value for money in HK - Great budget hotel in a good location in HK. It's no five s
- Great value for price - The hotel is not exactly located in downtown but it is a rea
- Great value for the price - My daughter booked the hotel for my wife and I on our first
- Great Value - Great views. was clean and staff were very helpful. Very rel
- great value - i like it with free internet access. also, with polite staff
- Great value-for-money hotel with comfy beds! - i arrived on a really early flight and got to the hotel by 9
- great view, great bathroom, adequate room - A very easy experience. Helpful and courteous staff.
- Great views and Great Service - I was upgraded when I arrived and got a room with exceptiona
- great!! - I liked the hotel!