Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Tsim Sha Tsui
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (604)
United States of America,
April 13, 2010
A 5 star shining example!
Service beyond all expectations, elegance and attention to every detail the traveler could ever want, immaculate and luxurious public areas and rooms (which were very spacious and replete with everything one would need or want), immediate response to any problems or requests, excellent location with fabulous views of harbor, 5 star chinese restaurant on site...the raves could go on and on. This hotel was the finest hotel we have ever stayed at.
There are not enough wonderful adjectives to describe this magnificent hotel. We had notified hotel (via Agoda comments) that it was our anniversary. When we checked in, I was given a bouquet of roses and our pictures were taken. Champayne and chocolates were sent to our room with the picture in a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary and signed by staff. I had broken my arm in Cambodia and asked a staff member about a hospital to look at my arm. She went to the manager and he insisted upon sending hotel security with us to the hospital visit. He stayed with us the three hours we were there and made sure that I was taken care of properly.
The hotel lobby is magnificent. Every afternoon and evening there is a singer and band in the sitting area creating a very pleasant and relaxing time for tea or cocktail. The rooms are very large and have a beautiful arched wall that disguises the closet and bar/coffee area. The bathroom is bright and spacious with hair dryer and a seated make-up area in the room (so that one can apply make-up, etc. without the dampness that can occur in a bathroom). We were going to stay at the Pennisula or Intercontinental (where we had stayed previously), but are thrilled that we booked this incredible hotel at an actual lower price!
April 07, 2010
the shangrila experience
good servive, efficient
clean nice facilities
Very nice hotel with great facilietes. Great location. Especially the harbour view rooms will make your stay in Hong Kong a special experience. The stuff in the hotel is very professional, helpful and efficient. All these makes your time in the Shangrila Hotel very confortable, it doesnt matter if you are there for business or pleasure you will have a great time.
close to starbuchs and delifrance. Nearby one of Hong Kong's best Steakhouse "Ruth's Chris"
March 31, 2010
A wonderful world combining east & west
Hotel Lobby is magnificent. First class service by concierge, Bellman, Doormen.Room was wonderful Rooms have been upgraded
The ShangriLa is a flagship Hotel. From a Magnificent lobby, to the executive club, I found wonderful service, smiling staff, knowledgable people. In my opinion this Hotel is 5 star.
United States of America,
March 23, 2010
The Kowloon Shangri-La has been around for quite a number of years, but the service, cleanliness, and beauty of the place are as good as the day the hotel opened.
The Kowloon Shangri-La is in my opinion still the queen of Kowloon hotels. Service is impeccable, and the rooms are in great condition. Everything works as it should, and the lobby artwork is pleasing to the eye. The subway is very nearby for rapid trips to the Hong Kong side. This hotel is highly recommended.
Want a breakfast or coffee at a reasonable price? Delifrance and Starbucks are only a block away. Turn right out of the hotel front door.
March 22, 2010
Best hotel I've been
minor details re the hotels that bring them to the next level. Breakfast was great! varieties and freshness.
The curtain will open automatically when you get in, decent size bedroom and bathroom has both shower and bathtub, that is deep enough! Shower head with settings and makeup mirror! The complementary water was generous too, 2 of the larger size that other hotels. Shopping isn't too close, but still very convenient location as the MTR is just next to the hotel and harbour view, good for a non shopping oriented guest. The service at the Chinese restaurant in the restaurant was great too, worth the price.
Stanley market is worth visiting, the bus stop to stanley market is just opposite the hotel. It takes longer to get there, however it is an experience to ride double deck bus (sit at the top) to windy roads to Stanley.
United States of America,
March 03, 2010
Great features, food, location!
Great restaurants and food! Location next to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station and right on the waterfront Avenue of Stars. The rooms that overlook the harbor have large open windows for great viewing
The Kowloon Shangri-la had amazing harbor views and wonderful location in Kowloon. All of the food was amazing including 2 MIchellin star Chinese restaurant, an extensive morning buffet, afternoon tea in the lobby lounge, high quality japanese sushi and teppanyaki, and Spanish tapas on the ground floor--I ate at all because my grandma was hard of walking. If you have business in Central its not too much of a hassle to go back and forth--it's 2 stops away by MTR or about 20 min by taxi. The rooms are generous and large--it's hard to find rooms of this size in Hong Kong!
Hotel Feature Tip:
Rooms are equipped with a printer/fax/copy machine that you can install onto your computer! Also complementary fruit and water are available as well as in-room massages.
February 22, 2010
very charming decor, excellent staffing, it is what a hotel use to be.
the hotel is a good stay for the location and price. old charm 5 star in it's glory. still trying to keep up and doing a very good job. rooms were clean and large size, front desk and lobby ataffs were top class. room staffs were also great. happy with that choice.
great to have a limo(merz)to the airport. free shuttle will be nice for small families.
Families with older children
February 15, 2010
Free internet, pretty good location
I have stayed at this hotel the last 2 years. I enjoy the hospitality the staff given to us, very friendly and helpful. Main reason I stay is because of the free internet, as now a days, you need internet everywhere, and the hotel provides it with Wi Fi everywhere in the hotel. Location is very nice also, next to the MRT, so going place is very easy. Will def come back and stay again.
Outback steak house, best steak I have ever tasted
Families with young children
February 04, 2010
Very comfortable hotel
Big room, brilliant restaurants, good service
We had a lovely stay, with beautiful views of Hong Kong. The staff is wonderfully friendly and helpful, the breakfast is amazing, in fact all the food in all the restaurants is superb. It's also very child friendly, and not at all stuck up. The gym and spa facilities are also very good.
January 30, 2010
excellent hotel, excellent service.
staff excellent, food ecedllent, serv ice excellent.
all staff extremely good and helpful. very kind and helpful.excellent food and excellent room service.room cleaned any time of the day with fresh linen and towels.large spacious rooms with exccellent lighting and airconditioning.
very central hotel to all the shops and restaurants. walking distance to anywhere so need to take taxis.
excellent food and restaurants all around the hotel with different cuisines to suit all travellers.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Kowloon Shangri-la Hotel, Hong Kong
- 5-star - shangri-la is still shangri-la. it is a bit old but the clea
- A 5 star shining example! - There are not enough wonderful adjectives to describe this m
- a very nice hotel - feels great. very comfortable. I really enjoy my stay in thi
- beautiful hotel, lovely views, great location - Great location - short walk to Avenue of the Stars and Star
- best value 5 star in hong kong - This hotel is indeed a cut above the rest in Hong Kong. Huge
- Excellent service - We had only a good time and were well looked after. We will
- Friendly staff that makes you feel at home - The moment we checked in, we felt comfortable with its frie
- Good Housekeeping - my stay at this hotel with my daughter for 3 nights were ver
- good location, best hotel - the hotel is centrally located to many attractions. the room
- Good location - The hotel is located in tsim sha tsui which is very convenie
- good location - This is a very good hotel, it is clean, tidy and comfortable
- Great hotel to stay - Good experience to stay in this five-star hotel, not too clo
- Great hotel, warm professional welcome. - The view of the harbour was amazing, from a very well fitted
- Great location with great service - During our stay, the hotel staff were lovely. We were greete
- Great location with spacious room - The hotel located right across the avenue of start and close
- Great Location, Impressive Lobby, so-so rooms - it is great hotel if you need location, but I think it is be
- I would definately recommend this hotel. -
- Kowloon Shang still the Best - We took or kids to HK for th e 1st time this summer. We deci
- Kowloon Shangri la - The service is Shangrila consistency, location is good and r
- Kowloon Shangri-la Hotel, -
- Kowloon Shangri-la Hotel -
- lovely hotel and service with a smile - lovely hotel with fantastic aroma as you enter the hotel. lo
- lovely hotel,very impressed - Wonderful harbour view room good amenities, wonderful staff,
- New Year at the Shangri La - Just spent the new year at the Shangri La in Kowloon. If you
- Nice and comfortable hotel - Last time when I visited this hotel was two years ago.The ro
- nice hotel with harborview - i had a wonderful stay! i enjoyed the fireworks from the ha
- nice view of the harbor from our room... - loved the harbor view from our hotel...the staff are very he
- Not too meeting up the expectation - The room i stayed is a deluxe and it was good.
- Sooo good!! - Very friendly,kindly and smilly.
Location also very good pl
- the best location and nice service - I forgot to bring with me the adapter for my computer and as
- very nice and warm hotel - near Tsim Sha Tsui MTR...... very convenient and great locat
- Very very nice hotel - we were upgraded to a harbour view which made our stay more