Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Island South
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1154)
Families with young children
July 12, 2012
Very nicely designed hotel not far from downtown
good design, atmosphere, nice pool
Perfect for a family when you need a pool so the kids can unwind and you can't afford the big hotels.
They should think of cleaning under the beds once in a while though
very close to Ocean park
July 10, 2012
Good hotel but terrible location
Good rooms, helpful staff
I chose this hotel because my boyfriend had to be at the Aberdeen Yacht Club everyday, which worked well for him because the Yacht Club was five minutes away via taxi. For me, going out was a commitment. I had to plan my day carefully and make sure my schedule coincided with the shuttle service - otherwise, if traffic was bad, cab fare could be anywhere from HK$70 to 90 one way. Because Aberdeen is right smack in the middle of nowhere. (Unless you are in HK for Ocean Park and the Jumbo Floating Restaurant. Er, no, thank you.)
In a year or two, however, Aberdeen should be linked to the MTR. Construction is currently underway.
But I liked the hotel itself. No complaints about the room. And the staff was very helpful. Whenever I missed the shuttle, there was no shortage of taxis.
While they have a good pool, note that they do not allow food and drink (except for water) by the pool. They also have two pool attendants who sit by the pool, watching the guests, which I found kinda creepy. They had their phones out and, for all I know, they could have been taking photos. It was just weird. The shower and toilet is also inside the gym, one floor up.
Lastly, if you're a smoker, you might want to reconsider staying here. The entire hotel is no-smoking and the only place to smoke is outside, by the street, not even in the hotel parking lot.
I was told by a cab driver that mostly locals live around Aberdeen because it is much cheaper than other parts of HK, which means that the restaurants and stores around cater to locals and you can eat well without paying tourist/expat prices. Of course, finding these restaurants and stores is the challenge. Especially if one doesn't speak Chinese.
July 07, 2012
very good hotel although abit far from city center. big lobby and food breakfast . the overall hotel is very clean and spacious. and the staff very friendly.
July 06, 2012
very new and very good hotel
the building is new and the facilities are all great
we really had a great time staying in this hotel..when we arrived, the upgraded our room to an aqua room which is more expensive than our reserved room.the staffs are all great too.and the facilities are all new..i really recommend this hotel to all.
it is very near the ocean park.
July 06, 2012
Nice hotel, but tough to find
L'Hotel is a nice, modern hotel - but take a local to find it. Not only is it touch to find the hotel in the first place, trying to drive there requires an intimate local knowledge. Once there, the move from driveway to reception seems to be much more challenging than it should be.
Once you negotiate the journey there, the hotel is very modern, clean and comfortable.
Aberdeen is Hong Kong Island's old fishing port. You should tavel to the Aberdeen Harbour to and fish market to see activity there today. The short sampan trip to the Jumba Restaurant for lunch is a tourist must-do!
United States of America,
July 05, 2012
Great Hong Kong hotel
Free shuttle to Central station
The hotel was a bit pricy, but still reasonable compared to similar hotels in Hong Kong, and the value for the price was very reasonable. The king room was clean, modern, and spacious, with a comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Our room had a view overlooking the hillside and the hotel pool. The location isn't exactly in the center of everything, but the hotel offers a free shuttle to the Hong Kong station that makes is very convenient to get to the rest of the city. The staff was friendly and helpful.
July 02, 2012
Stylish and modern hotel
Nice service, nice food, relaxing hotel
Spent a night in the stylish , modern hotel. We also had a lunch and breakfast buffet in the hotel. Food was good though not much choice, quality was fine. And we did some gym and swimming as well. A comfort, relaxing hotel for those who like me,i.e want to spend a relaxing weekend in Hong Kong.
United States of America,
July 01, 2012
Lovely hotel with good staff service. Green hotel
Convenient, close by the Causeway Bay shopping center
Check in n out is smooth. Hotel car service is great . Food are great n the staff are friendly. Experienced Typhoon 8 during the stay but staff are calm in helping us to look at options if this would affect our activities as well as flight leaving Hong Kong. Good support.
Shop for jewelry with a reputation. Good price also
June 30, 2012
New and modern looking hotel in wrong neighborhood
The hotel is fairly new with a rare south side location. Unfortunately,it is located amongst industrial complexes with no supplementary support. There are no shops within walking distance and it doesn't feel safe walking outside even in daytime, given all the trucks and traffic. The hotel looks modern. Everything is digitized including the room service menu, which unfortunately is limited and pricey. Room is good size but the bathroom features a narrow bathtub with see-through wall, with blinds operated from the outside. Bath towels had faded edges and looked greyish-not compatible with youth of hotel. Flat screen TV was tiny.
June 26, 2012
wonderful hotel, great room and service
we had a wonderful time, lovely beds, toiletries etc...
the food in the hotel room service is nice
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - L'hotel Island South, Hong Kong
- A lovely southern hotel - By Hong Kong's standards, such rooms are considered comforta
- Amazing hotel!! It's a bang for your buck! - we wanted to choose a hotel that is close to ocean park. we
- Bad location - stayed 2 nights and it was good service and generally very c
- Big room, convenient shuttle bus - pleasant to stay in L'Hotel South Island, very good customer
- Big rooms, comfortable bed. - Near the Liege metro station, friendly staff, clean hotel ro
- Clean hotel with good service - Spacious room by Hong Kong standard and special rates are af
- Comfortable Hotel with good service - A comfortable stay on the whole. The bus shuttle to Hong Kon
- Comfortable room. -
- convenienced hotel with good services - convenienced hotel with good services; very closed and easy
- Excellent Hotel, Five Star service, poor location - this hotel is fantastic. the mountain view and city view ro
- extremely value for money -
- Far from the city center but large clean rooms - it was a quick stay, only one night, no breakfast.
a bit fa
- Good hotel but not such a good location - Very new hotel and some building work still going on. This m
- Good King Sized Bed, Clean and Modern Room - The third time we've stayed here and once again it didn't di
- Good place for refreshing in HK - we booked the city view room here and they offered us a upgr
- good price but far from anything - upmarket hotel and good value for moneygood room, spacious,
- Great hotel and service - when checking in the staff were very friendly and promptly d
- Great hotel but location is a bit of a downside - the hotel is great, clean, and room size is large for hk. ho
- Great hotel but rural location - the spacious and comfortable room is really a supprise! i th
- Great room - great variety of tour packages can be booked at the hotel. c
- Great service but small rooms - Stayed at L'Hotel Island South for a medical conference. Wit
- It's not such convenient - Service's good and comfortable. The hotel shuttle bus to IFC
- lovely hotel and convenience - we are very satisfied because is good location and convinien
- lovely hotel and great service - lovely hotel and great service, friendly staff, good locatio
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - In general very good. We use that every month we go to HK
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - It was a very pleasant and comfy stay for me. From the time
- Lovely hotel and the service was decent - i stayed at the l'hotel island south because i was attending
- modern, clean - great view, and huge room for hong kong standard.
- nice and clean hotel - this is the third time we stayed at this l'hotel. this hote
- Nice and clean - The shuttle bus is on time and fast even the hotel's locatio
- Nice and comfortable stay -
- Nice and quiet - The hotel is very nice,clean and quiet. Modern decorated. Th
- Nice comfortable room - we used this hotel for business, however, the place is overr
- Nice hotel clean ... Service good .. - Hotel is nice room very clean ,service staff is good sure I
- Nice hotel far from the noises of the city - We enjoyed our stay at L'Hotel Island South. Although the di
- Nice Hotel in so-so area - i stay at the hotel for 7 days. it is a business trip. the h
- Nice hotel! We loved it very much! - We stayed at this hotel with two young children. Staff were
- Nice hotel - resonable price, clean and tidy, service nice, only location
- Nice Hotel - spent 1.5 hours for check in !!!! but love the fragrance of
- Nice hotel - this is a very nice hotel - room is clean, good location if
- Nice hotel - Value for money! Very clean room but furniture in the room
- Nice new hotel. Big rooms for that price - Staying here frequently when in HK. Clean, good size rooms.
- nice place but with bad traffic - really close with ocean park, but can not easily reach out t
- Nice room but location is not good - The location is far from everywhere except ocean park, not s
- Nice room -
- Nice room - I stayed in this hotel for a weekend break. It is a new hote
- Not real Seaview, nice room - Not easy to find but the service is nice. Clean and looks ne
- Quite large-size room but poor service - The room is bigger when compare with other same grade hotels
- Spacious, clean and comfortable accomodations - once the new mrt station is open this will become a hot prop
- Staff should smile more - The hotel is beautiful though location is remote (but is goo
- The room is very good -
- value business stop - the hotel is located in shatin. it is accessible, but not ve
- Value for Money Hotel - The shuttle bus service to HK city is great.
The room is s
- very clean & new hotel - it was very clean&new hotel. kind people. i love king-sized
- very good serive and enironment - staying here mainly for business. the room is tidy and clean
- very nice hotel - nice quiet area, not too busy, great staff
- Very nice modern hotel with frendly personel - I love my stay at this hotel who has a very convenient locat
- Very nice new hotel - I found a very good deal and tried this hotel and U I must s
- Very nicely designed hotel not far from downtown - Perfect for a family when you need a pool so the kids can un
- wonderful hotel and staff - we were given the mountain view which was great, the bed was
- 舒舒服服在南區 - 舒舒服服在南區
房間寬敞,仲有ipod speaker可以聽歌仔, king size bed 真係超大! 泳