Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Island South
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1159)
May 27, 2011
OK I guess
nice enough stuffs, very efficient bellboy, near to ocean park and jumbo floating restaurant
stuffs - nice enough considering the average people of HK.but the porter and bellboy are very helpful and efficient
check in - might takes quite some time if there are many people. you might need to be patient.they asked us for a 6000HKD(600euro) deposit which we found very much surprising since after staying here, we stayed at a 5stars hotel in macau and they only asked for 50euro deposit.maybe we heard wrong(but honestly all 3 all us heard the same thing!)
location - quite far from attractions and city center but i think staying for 7nights in HK, we were very much thankful we have the quiet and peaceful hotel room to go back to after one whole day of the noise and busyness of HK city.plus, they are very close to ocean park and if you buy tickets at hotel reception, you got discount and even get 2consecutive days pass! about 10-15mins walk to jumbo floating restaurant. ask the bellboy for help if you are not sure about the direction.
shuttle bus - though the location is quite far but they have shuttle bus, so you just need to ask for a timetable from the reception and try to accommodate your travel plan with the timetable. it should be no prob then. make sure you spend some time waiting downstairs because it was on first come first served basis.or just take taxi if you are not patient enough.
room - we stayed at one of their double bed room and need to be charged for an extra bed (which is very expensive mind you).the room is not that big but enough for us three. the bathroom is also quite nice (the have a see-through bathroom which is controlled by a blind from outside).there's free newspaper every morning provided. coffee and tea provided not nearly enough for the three of us. they have a plasma tv with a few channels and you can also check your bill on the tv so as not to end up surprised when you checked out later
since the hotel provided quite frequent shuttle bus to HK station, we suggest you start your journey there.take it and from there, you can access the mtr to go anywhere you want. this can cut your cost on taxi from the hotel
May 26, 2011
A comfortable new hotel
A small room but comfortable, facility also well
chose of the l'hotel island south because of the business trip is around this area.
the hotel is quite new with the small room but clean and comfortable.
free wifi and nice pool.
it is good enough for business trip stay.
Very near to the HK ocean park
United States of America,
May 25, 2011
Five star service and rooms!
Excellent service, fantastic rooms
This hotel is truly five star except for the location (the area seems a little seedy). It is still quick and easy to get to the downtown area by cab. The hotel is like a diamond in the rough by the surrounding area, however the "Mountain View" rooms overlook a beautiful landscape. All rooms have showers with a full glass wall (with blinds) that face out towards the view of the large bay windows of the room. There are flat screen televisions, I wished to connect my laptop to the TV for watching movies, and the hotel was able to supply me with every cable I needed to accomplish this task, and even promptly sent a technician to assist with the process. A wonderful experience!
United States of America,
May 25, 2011
Excellent Hotel, Five Star service, poor location
Fast, courteous service, nice clean rooms!
this hotel is fantastic. the mountain view and city view rooms both have showers with a full glass wall facing the large bay window at the side of the room, so you can shower with a view. (there are blinds provided over both of these windows for privacy, so you can still use the shower even with guests). they have nice lcd tv's in the room, and i wanted to connect my pc to the tv to use as a monitor for movie watching, but i had forgot my cables. the hotel provided all of the cables i needed, and the technician promptly helped me set everything up! the hotel bar has great deals, although i think some of the liqours may be a little watered down. the area at the south side of the island is a little seedy, however this hotel truly stands out as a diamond in the rough and is still easily and inexpensively reached by taxi from the north side of hong kong. internet was complimentary, and i had strong hardwire internet (they also provided the ethernet cable) as well as wifi signal. a nice ipod dock was present in the room as well. if not for the location, i'm confident this hotel would be five star. it is still a great value!
United States of America,
May 25, 2011
Nice hotel, not the best location.
I enjoyed my stay the room was nice, the restaurants were good. had everything i needed in the room, room service was good. The only down side is your away from everything.
May 23, 2011
Consider a New hotel, with big rooms
rooms are big & clean, located just opposite Ocean Park
Front desk staff are friendly & helpful. Rooms are extremely big & clean with every little things provided. I've stayed in this hotel twice and i will continue to visit this hotel as long as the price is reasonable.
I was unlucky during this stay as i was on the same floor with some china tour group! They talk extremely loud in and out of the room especially early in the morning, 6AM!!!! But i believe it was the hotel fault. It's purely my bad luck!
May 16, 2011
We had to leave after only 2 hours because the smell was just too bad... I had to clean the bath tub before using it... nobody even bothered to ask why we decided to leave so soon, and told us we were lucky to have even gotten the room for so cheap.
May 07, 2011
Nice hotel, out of the way but accessible
New, clean, relatively quiet
the hotel is located a little out of the way, just south of the tunnel to stanley in aberdeen, not far away from ocean park. i was pleasantly surprised that a complimentary shuttle picks up and drops off at key locations in hk.
although the shuttle doesn't go everywhere (standley, etc) and only goes to causeway bay 3 times daily, it does provide access to the hk/central mtr station at all times of the day.
the hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
the room and bathroom was clean but wasn't provided with a hair dryer.
May 05, 2011
Nice hotel and great location but small bathtub
Shuttle for main locations, Free internet, Nice Restaurant
It was nice time staying in this hotel. Nice and friendly staff and very good shuttle service.
Not many choice for vegetarian.
May 02, 2011
Nice bathroom but a bit noisy
The hotel is new and with nice outlook. It takes only 5 minutes to travel between the hotel and city centre. But one bad thing is that the room door is too thin and i could hear what people was talking in the corridor and if the bell of next room rang, it is like my door bell rang.
No shop and restaurant nearby.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - L'hotel Island South, Hong Kong
- A tidy and very good service hotel - L hotel is i very tidy hotel, with very very good service. T
- Affordable, modern hotel but inconvenient location - we spent a total of 3 nights. i knew the hotel is situated i
- Beautiful and nice hotel - even the location of this hotel is a bit far away from the c
- Clean hotel , bad location - hotel too far from downtown and not easy for airport trans
- comfort with style - Nice, clean, spacious hotel room to spend a few nights with
- comfortable - this hotel is new and the price is valuable according to the
- Comfy hotel with good service - overall the stay in the hotel is very pleasant. personally i
- fantastic Amenities, Good View to Ocean Park - we book two rooms for 4 adults and 2 kits. it was a fantasti
- Friendly staffs, good service - i paid about hkd for my cityview room and i don't think it w
- Generous rooms but ungenerous lobby - my husband and i enjoyed our week-long stay at l'hotel islan
- Good hotel for going to Ocean Park - again, hotel locates very close to OceanPark. other than tha
- good location to ocenan park - this hotel has a morden feature, more spacious than most hot
- Good place to take a break - We spent one night at the hotel as a sort of post-Mother's D
- Good room sizes and convenient - This is a decent hotel in a good location, with shuttle buse
- Good Service & New Hotel - We have room upgrade to sea view. L'hotel Island South is ve
- Good service, big rooms - A nice hotel with decent size rooms for Hong Kong. The room
- Good services and room facility but only fair loca - The facility and services were okay. However, the location o
- Great Business Hotel - My kids LOVE the hotel and the room is spacious and has a pl
- Great Hotel for a decent price - nice clean rooms. big, new and modern.
try to ask far fro
- Great hotel good price and quality - The hotel is situated in Aberdeen on Hong Kong island. In or
- Great if you are visiting Ocean Park - free wireless internet, free shuttle to and from airport exp
- Great location to Ocean park - I would recommend for travellers who would like to go to Oce
- Great price and size - As always great price to size and amenities ratio. Free wifi
- Great price to size - Great price to size ratio and convinient shuttle bus to Cent
- Great room and service - Pros:
The hotel is new, the room is nice and cozy. The si
- Great Service but location is inconvience - Although the location was a little bit inconvience, the seri
- Have an amazing experience - i chose the hotel celebrting my boyfriend 24 birthday. the l
- Just so so, actually no view at all - I always book L hotel for my clients as it is near to my hom
- Large room But poor location - This hotel is new. But it is in an industrial area where no
- L'Hotel Island South -
- Location abit out but free wifi - Pleasant stay but faced tunnel jams in and out of town durin
- location not very good - room scene facing a construction site and nearby industrial
- Lovely Hotel - I was happy that they have upgraded our room to a suite That
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Lovely hotel and service with a smile, good internet
- Lovely hotel and service with little smile - The king size bed we had was also amazing, hands down the mo
- Lovely Hotel, Great room but poor location - Check-in was smooth, room was great, cosy and clean. Only pr
- lovely hotel - The hotel staff are very helpful with new decoration. It was
- New and Nice Hotel - the Room is standard with good facilities, the location is n
- new hotel in town - We enjoyed our stay it's relaxing away from busy areas......
- New hotel with nice decoration - Room is spacious and quiet. The bed is comfortable. (I think
- Nice and quiet. -
- Nice and spacial rooms - I have stayed at L'Hotel with some friends during a short we
- Nice beautiful hotel - this is a nice and beautiful, if i am not mistaken it was ne
- Nice Hotel - I really liked the quiet atmosphere and polite staff. It wa
- nice hotel - it's was a nice hotel. The view is good, the service is good
- Nice room -
- Nice Room - it was a good sleep, nice and big room for us, my kids enjoy
- OK I guess - stuffs - nice enough considering the average people of HK.bu
- Out of town but fantastic transport system nearby - The hotel staff are all exceptionally friendly and efficient
- Quite near City -
- relaxing and comfortable -
- Room is nice but poor location - The room is not particular spacious but still acceptalbe. It
- Stinky Room - Although we stayed during non-peak times the hotel was full,
- Stylish Hotel in island south - Just book 2 night to celebrate my wife's birthday, the hotel
- This is a very good hotel. - People will tell you this hotel is not in a convenient locat
- unbeatable price - second time stay and am convinced this is the best bang for
- Value for money new hotel - Besides free hotel shuttle bus, a bus stop infront of hotel
- very nice hotel with a smile - it's my second stay in this hotel. love the room and being r
- Well-furnished and spacious bedroom -
- Wondeful Hotel - I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends. Very fri
- Wonderful hotel experience - would definitely stay at l'hotel island south again during m
- wonderful hotel, great room and service - we had a wonderful time, lovely beds, toiletries etc...