Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2100)
Families with young children
August 16, 2009
Hotel is okay, location good
We stayed in this hotel, Metropark Wanchai, twice in 2 weekends (we stayed at another place during the weekdays as it was a business trip). On our second stay, given my disappointment with the grungy feel of the Spacious Comfort room, we upgraded to an Executive room. The Executive room was better, I guess it was less used and the furnishings definitely looked cleaner and newer than the Spacious Comfort room. We were travelling with a toddler and I did not feel comfortable for my baby to wonder around the grimy carpets of the Spacious Comfort room. Please note that I think the Spacious Comfort is adequate if it was without a kid. The problem with Hong Kong hotels is that the newer they are, the smaller the rooms seem to be - and in the older hotels, I'm quite sure the size of the Spacious Comfort room would actually be the same size as a regular hotel room!
Relatively convenient location, close to Central and close to Causeway Bay. Walking Distance to Pacific Place and Admiralty. It's in the West part of Wanchai (so closer to Pacific Place). Hong Kong is a mecca for good transportation, so not to worry about getting around - there's no shortage of subway, buses, trams and taxis.
Despite all the disinfectant used (given this hotel chain, while not same hotel, was involved in SARS outbreak in 2003 and quarantined for Swine Flu scare in 2009), the room itself was not very clean (although Executive room was much better than the Spacious Comfort in this respect). Not the fault of housekeeping but rather the design of the room, and the quality of materials used to renovate this hotel. What I mean is, the general room was kept clean but the carpet is scruffy and stained, the headboard of the board is fabric and smells from previous guests' heads leaning on it. The bathroom also is grungy, with stains in between the floor tiles. The extractor fan in the bathroom is also very dirty, and the drainage of the bathroom smells - again I think this is the fault of the building
If you want something other than Chinese food, there's a real good kebab shop round the corner on Luard Road called Ebeneezers. We highly recommend you try a kebab.
August 16, 2009
Wan Chai's Most Perfectly Situated Hotel
The next time I visit Hong Kong this hotel will definitely be on the list of hotels that I will consider again, of course depending on the hotel prices at that time.
I liked everything about this hotel, it was to me perfectly situated. Just a stone's throw away from Wan Chai MTR and just at the most 5 stops from most of the other MTR station's I had intended to visit. Not to mention food shop's or as the locals call them "Char Chan Teng's" galore! I did just as all the websites on the internet tell you to do. Find one with lots of people gathered inside and you wont go wrong.
As for the hotel room itself. My room was very very spacious. I am stating this as I stayed in two different hotels during my trip there. And I am comparing the Wan Chai Metropark to the other which was of the same star level. The bathroom was spacious as well compared to the other!
With everything said, I can say that I had no regrets staying at this hotel and recommend it to all that are planning to visit Hong Kong in the near future! =)
There will always be a special priced ticket be it for Amusement Parks or Transportation tickets! So keep a look out and remember to ask the information counter. I didn't and I missed out on two specials.
August 15, 2009
The hotel was close to the MTR system and a short walk to the Star Ferry terminal. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the service was great.
This is the second and last time I will stay in this hotel, despite the location. I have had enough of poor service and excuses on what was suppose to be a holiday. If there was anything that could be done to annoy you or inconvience you it seem to happen no matter how politely you asked for even the simplest of things.
The hotel was handy to all the forms of transport required to get around Hong Kong
Families with older children
August 15, 2009
EXCELLENT, PRICE REASONABLE, CLEAN ,NEAR STATION.
The MRT station is just a few minutes walk, and is quite conveninet to anywhere that I want to go. Shopping and visit friends.
I like this hotel because of the location and prices are reasonable, and just a few walk to the
Mrt station to go anywhere that i want, the hotel
Also clean and the room that the hotel give me are
Big and comfort. And the bus from airport just
Stop infront of the hotel.
There are lots of pubs but I'm not a night person so just find few good restaurands and enjoy.
August 15, 2009
Metropark Wanchai Hotel Review
I was generally displeased with the service from the reception staff. We arrived on an early flight and decided to see if we could check in early.
The reception staff were not very welcoming and then gave us keys to the room ($300 bond). We were then displeased when we learned it was a smoking floor, despite the request for a non-smoking room. When we requested the preferred room, they said you must come back in 5 hours.
I would suggest to Metropark Hotel Wanchai that you should provide as much information as possible, and to do so in a courteous manner. Travellers are tired and usually are in desperate need of a shower and room.
Restaurants/small eateries that serve authentic cuisine that is for a quick and cheap.
August 14, 2009
HONG KONG NIGHT
The room is always clean and service of staff very good.
Overall I always enjoy my stay in the hotel as it is very conveninent for my business.
August 14, 2009
Metropark Wanchai @ Hennessy Rd
Modern, open design for their lobby, precautions taken for the Influenza A H1N1 whereby hand sanitizers were made available at the reception counter as well as the lifts area.
Lifts were a tad small but adequate.
Check in was a breeze and so was checking out. We got upgraded so that was a nice touch.
Rooms were modern and open, windows of the city was excellent, Well litted and modern amenities all around. We feel that it's really value for money most of all. Since it is in Wanchai, it was amazingly easy to get around. We took the Wanchai MTR which was just a short walk from the hotel, the MTR was super efficient and easy to use and most of all it connects all the right shopping places ie. Times Sq, Causeway Bay,Mongkok etc. Kudos to HKG MTR!
Our room was super comfortable and its a nice welcome after a long day out. Only thing is the channels available were quite limited. You are able to select what type of pillows (choices of down, cotton, etc) you'd like if you want extra pillows like I did! That was a nice touch. Housekeeping staffs were efficient and friendly!
There loads of places to eat around the hotel, there's a small diner just down the street from the hotel, and on the other corner there's this place called Hay Hay, which served up the best roasted goose rice I've ever eaten.
For western food you can head down to Devil's Advocatejust behind the hotel.
We loved our stay at the Metropark Wanchai! I was a tad worried coz friends always told me that HKG hotels were smallish in size, which was definitely not the case for the Metropark. The room was airy, cosy, comfortable and of good size. The amenities and fittings were modern which I liked, tiling and colours matched perfectly making the room look and feel great! Liked the writing table and it came with enough of power sockets. If you're travelling with a laptop, no worries! The view was of the city and you can see the tram and busses plying the roads down below but surprisingly no noise. The room is well insulated.
The toilet and bath area are well made as well. All new fittings and there's a bathtub! Yay!
Housekeeping did a good job and the room was spotless! And minibar & coffee and tea making facilities were replenished on a daily basis.
I had a wonderful stay and will definitely come back again..Love It!
Go to the Wanchai MTR and get your Octopus card there, it retails for $140, $50 is for the refundable deposit (when you return the card) and you have a usable balance of $90. If you need to top up, you can just head to the nearest 7Eleven stores. This card is super convenient, you can use it at the MTR, the tram, their busses and even convenience stores like 7Eleven, Circle K and even Mannings! The name is truly apt.
Shop at Sogo (for upscale designer goods) and Times Sq for its selection and variety of shops. Times Sq's Food Garden has multitude of food available and is also yummy!
All the top tourist attraction is within the MTR range and so you can do your own thing at your own time (which we did!)
August 13, 2009
Great service,got free upgrade to lady's floor, close to MTR.
August 13, 2009
The hotel was super in all respects. The staff are willing to help you in every way possible and it's located right next to the bars (and other night time establishments) of Wan Chai's Lockhart Rd. The only thing which was a little annoying was that despit putting the "Do not disturb" sign on our door, we always got a phone call asking us if we wanted the room cleaned anyway and why did they keep taking the bloody ironing board away! At least it shows they're hygienic...!
There is a very cheap laundry nearby called 888 down a side street (ask someone) will save you loads rather than hotel laundry services...
August 12, 2009
Affordable Modern Gem in HK
Great design in the lobby
Simple clean well designed rooms
Very helpful staff
We were really happy with the Metropark, it really was a very good find. After so many rubbish stays in Hong Kong it was nice to find a modern, clean, and affordable place. Rooms were spacious enough and well designed. The staff were very friendly and very helpful with our enquiries. It kind of had the feel of a very modern, upmarket hotel with such a modern 'designer' lobby, but the price of a much simpler one. All round excellent - we will definitely be returning whenever we are next in Hong Kong.
Breakfast was not included and is expensive, but there is a great old school dim sum place just 50 metres down Henessy Road toward Wan Chai MTR.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 2 days in Hong Kong - Nicely set up. Very contemporary. Room is a bit small but th
- a good choice - a very good location at WanChai HongKong island. and it is a
- A great place for the business traveler - Always good to stay at the Metropark Wanchai as its ideally
- A Handy Base On Hong Kong Island - There's a slightly spartan and clinical feel to the receptio
- Awesome Stay - The price is worth it and I will be staying there again if t
- Bad experience... - we reach hotel around 12pm++ and we was told by the receptio
- Budget Travel - The hotel room is small but clean and provide all the basic
- Business Trip - It's good for business or single travellers who want a no-no
- Centre of Wanchai - The Metropark allows you immediate access to the Wanchai exp
- clean, comfortable rooms, in the heart of the city - The MetroPark Wanchai more than met expectations for a reaso
- Comfort room, service with smile - We only stay 1 night here. The room was a bit small but it w
- Convenient hotel for exhibitor - Modern room with full amenities. Good location, only 5 mins
- convenient - Decided to stay on the Wan Chai side of Hong Kong this time.
- Convinient Location - Staffs were very friendly and helpful. Helped even with litt
- cool hotel - nice hotel have stayed many times and will stay again
- cosy small room - the room is small for the standard size. the wifi was not fr
- Everything was OK. Nothing remarkable nor bad. - No one will love or hate the hotel.
Everything was ok. But
- excellent location and nice room - I will strongly recommend this hotel to visitor and I will u
- Fabulous spacious rooms - We came for 4 days and are so comfortable that extended anot
- Fantastic Location - This is a fantastic hotel with everything you want. Great lo
- finally found it! - this hotel has its act together, in almost every way. especi
- Good Business Budget Hotel - Good for quick Stays
- Good for the price - The hotel was centrally and conveniently located with great
- Good Hotel at an awesome location - We stayed here for 4 nights between 4th & 8th October in a s
- Good hotel with excellent location - So many times stayed in Metropark Hotel Wanchai, this time s
- Good hotel, great location, reasonably priced. -
- Good hotel. - I think if I come back Hong Kong I will stay in this hotel a
- Good location - if you enjoy HK's hussle - Was upgraded to an executive room, which was relatively spac
- good location and convenient - the hotel is located at very stretegy location and easy fo m
- Good location but small rooms - rooms are small and not a business traveller-friendly hotel.
- Good location, but small rooms. - our stay at metropark was very functional. the rooms are ve
- good location - good for stay for travel or business.
- Good Location - Good location for a business traveller.Nice pubs on back sid
- Good Location - good location near tram and train (mtr). there is near pub
- Good location - Hotel is near central and finance street, You can enjoy bran
- good location - rooms are small, break fast is OK, service is also OK.
- Good location - The hotel is located in the main street of Wanchai which is
- Good service and good location - The hotel is locate at great location easy to travel by MTR
- Good size hotel room but quite a walk to MTR - overall it was a pleasant stay with very friendly and helpfu
- Good stay - This is a good reliable hotel in a good location at a decent
- good value for money - lift is very very small, max 4 people i think. if more than
- Good value for money - We stayed at the Metropark Wan Chai for 2 nights on our way
- good value -
- Good value - The location is one of its best features, about 5 minute wal
- Good -
- Goof Wanchai Business/Tourist hotel - Good clean, modern hotel in good location. Hennesssy Rd is e
- Great hotel - This is my third time travel to Hong Kong, but first time
- Great Hotel - I Stayed in an executive spacious room and it was lovely, la
- Great hotel - This is a good, clean business class hotel which I wouldn't
- Great Hotel - Was there on business trip in May. The best hotel I ever sta
- great location and have a lovely staff - the room is very small(but its common at hongkong)
- Great location boutique hotel - in the heart of wanchai, 2 mins walk from the famous nightli
- Great location but small rooms - located in the centre of town, near to the wan chai mtr stat
- Great location but small rooms - very convenient location, near Wanchai MTR station, can walk
- Great location for travellers - Nice to stay there and beautiful as well the location is jus
- Great Location with a decent room - It was pleasure to stay at this hotel, it is decent room to
- Great location with excellent service - it was excellent service all the way by the team in metropar
- Great location! - I was only looking for a hotel which I could sleep for a nig
- Great location! - Was my first time staying in hong kong and was very impresse
- great location, but small rooms - The hotel is on the main road of Wanchai, within walking dis
- great location, easily accessible to the mtr - the hotel is located at great position, walking distance to
- great location, great service - We stayed there for 2 nights, It was very good.
- Great location, Great value! - I arrived and was told i received an upgrade, but to a smoki
- Great location, price and service. Awesome hotel! - If you are just staying for a night, or a week, this is the
- Great Location - I picked Metropark due to its good price and great location
- Great location - the room was upgrade to deluxe room, which is very comfortab
- Great place to sleep... - If one is looking for a comfortable, clean and contemporary
- Great place. - First greeted with polite and friendly service. Check in was
- Great time in Metropark Hotel Wanchai - I have been in different hotels in Hong Kong but this one I
- Great value for events @ HK Conventions - The normal rates for Metropark Wanchai isn't all that good,
- Great! wonderful stay in HK -
- Great! - The hotel clerks are very warm and friendly. The room is cle
- Happy Guest - I saw some of the hotel photos on Agoda.com upon making the
- hitting 2 birds with this hotel - Our stay was excellent, although it would have been better i
- Hong Kong Hotel - Very good value for money, ideally situated, very modern, we
- hong kong night - I have been staying in the hotel for c couple of times and f
- Hong Kong - This was my third stay at the Metropark in the past 12 month
- Hotel is ok, good location - booking online the room rate was competitive. the hotel is i
- Hotel is okay, location good - We stayed in this hotel, Metropark Wanchai, twice in 2 weeke
- Hotel is Okay - No parking area or lobby to drop passenger (from the bus or
- improve breakfast - transportation is ok .Service is quite good .Waiter and wait
- It's a good deal! - In all, this hotel is worth the money. It's so convenient t
- Keeps getting better - My second time at the Metropark Wanchai and was once again u
- Kong Kong - stayed their many times great place and easy to get to take
- Location - checkin was quick and efficient; staffs are helpful especial
- Lovely and good location in Hongkong Site - we have recieve upgrade room. the wide room and lovely decor
- Lovely Hotel after the Renovation! - this hotel is nicely located in the middle of wan chai town
- Lovely hotel though location can be different - The hotel is nicely situated near the MTR Wanchai station. T
- Lovely Hotel with great service - Great location, Close to Wan Chai station and all trade fair
- metro park 7 - Metro Park is a well appointed four star hotel, which offers
- Metro Park in Wan Chai - If you want A hotel that is both clean & fresh looking, whic
- metro park wanchai - i use the hotel as stop overs between HK and mainland china.
- Metro Park Wanchai - We arrived on Hong Kong Island at our hotel at 10pm at night
- metroaprk small - well i think these days even with such good price, they are
- Metropark Hong Kong - The hotel is modern and well equiped with clean and function
- Metropark Hotel Hong Kong - Apart from the fact that the area where the hotel is located
- Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong - location in the heart of wanchai, one of hong kong’s most po
- Metropark Hotel Wanchai - Hotel situato in pieno centro con una movimentata vita nottu
- Metropark Hotel Wanchai - It was my first stay at Metropark Hotel Wanchai. The hotel l
- Metropark Hotel Wanchai - Location is good and walking destinat have MRT and good food