Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Formerly : Metropark Hotel Wanchai
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (2093)
December 06, 2009
Location, right in Wanchai
The hotel is good value for a very central location; close to all the pubs and nightspots in Wanchai. The room is adequate for sleeping but no great steal. I'd stay again. The sound on the TV wont go up very loud and limited channels on TV. There are stairs before the elevator making moving luggage harder than it should be
December 06, 2009
Value for money
The hotel is very near to the HK convention centre - you can walk there in 10min. It is very convenient if you are attending a conference there. It is near to Wan Chai MTR station, and there are trams and taxis in plentiful supply. The hotel itself is clean and modern, with nicely appointed rooms. It is a business hotel, and it suits the needs of a business traveler. The bathroom comes with full amenities (shampoo, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste, comb, shower cap...). There is high speed internet but it is by a wired connection and you have to pay for it. They provide you with a short LAN cable to connect to the internet point at the room desk. An adapter plug is also provided in case you need one for your non-UK electronics.
While the hotel has a 24h cafe, it has lots of places to eat around it and has several 24 convenience stores nearby that sell sandwiches and other food.
December 05, 2009
Metro Park WanChai
Room was clean and spacious, and services were good.
The room was clean and spacious. Services such as laundry, room service were really good. The staff is nice as well and always available. The hotel is well located in Hennessey road, quite near from the office. It is a good value for money. I recommend this hotel to every business(wo)man for a short journey (1 week or two)
December 03, 2009
Marvellous Metropark Wanchai
Superb Staff, front office and Rstaurant in particular. Nothing was too much bother!
My latest stay at this fantastic, middle sized, Hotel was the third in the last year and each one seems to be better than the last. On this ocassion I was upgraded to a better room. Although small, was very much in keeping with Hong Kong hotels. The central location of the Hotel is very good in that it allows for very quick access to the MTR, trms, numerous bus routes and taxis and taxis and taxis! All needs will be catered for just paces from the hotel from 3 or 4 convenience stores to many resturants. Superb hotel and will visit again.
The Outback Restuarant right next to the Hotel. Super
December 01, 2009
Big room, comfortable bed, slippers provided, nice lobby, good water pressure for shower, reasonable location and price.
This hotel is right along the main road in Wan Chai which is in between the shopping areas of Causeway Bay and Admiralty/Central.
It's really near to Hong Kong Station which is super convenient, however the downside is the MTR station which is 3 blocks down from the hotel. Wan Chai MTR is also not connected to the red line, so getting to Kowloon is a bit of an effort.
Best way to get to and from the hotel on HK island is via tram, one road away along Johnston Road. There's also a convenient bus stop that heads to direct to Repulse bay for some beach time. Pacific Place is just round the corner, though I doubt you'd want to walk it up the slope, so if in a group of two or more, take a cab, otherwise, the price of the 30 second cab ride doesn't really justify.
The hotel lobby is great and service was good as they provided an upgrade so the room we got was very spacious. Finishings were modern and warm, but our headboard was not maintained and had black stains on it. The lamps in the room provided good ambience both well lit and dimmed, and the basic amenities of hairdryer, slippers and in-room safe were provided. Didn't like the TV at all - it was tiny!
Hated the shower gel smell so bring your own. Toothbrush is provided and they're pretty good ones too considering they're disposable. Unfortunately towels and sheets were not changed once when we were there and there was no card to indicate that we wanted them changed - I assume you had to ask / ring someone. Shower had good water pressure and everything else was clean.
Corridors smelt a bit musty but once u got into the rooms it was fine. The rooms on lower floors (1-10) were noisy as they faced the main road where traffic never stops. I stayed on 16th and faced the other side so it was quiet, however the lift was SO slow that we had ages to wait sometimes while going up and down.
One road away from the hotel is a sleazy area but there's a good spanish tapas restaurant there should you want to meet friends somew
Head to Ono Mas (road behind the hotel) for great tapas. No late night food around the area so make sure you grab something before it's too late. For drinks go to Upper House by Pacific Place for great views of the harbour and yummy cocktails.
December 01, 2009
Clean, nice sized rooms. Friendly staff. Awesome location.
This is a fantastic hotel with everything you want. Great location for bars, shopping, restaurants. Only a five minute walk to WanChai's busy nightlife but if you want to see other sites of HK there is a metro Station within walking distance. The room was very nice, expecially the fact that I got an up-grade. Definitely worth a stay.
November 30, 2009
Staying at Metropark Wan Chai
Very near the MTR
Clean but very small
Families with older children
November 30, 2009
Very Convenient Location
less than 5 mins walk to MTR, 7-11 opposite the hotel
We took two rooms here and were very pleased with the location of the hotel, it was less than 5 mins walk away from the MTR station and there is a 7-11 right accross the road.
We were a bit surprised that both rooms were very different in sizes - i.e. both are "Spacious Comfort" but one was much bigger than the other. However, for the price, both rooms were very good value for money.
Two tips if you are staying here,
1. find out what it is called in Cantonese (or have it written down somewhere in Chinese because the cabbies are not very familira with the hotel's english name).
2. Find out where is "Kam Fung", which is a well known Hong Kong style chinese cafe, they serve excellent cold milk tea and "pineapple buns" (its actually buns covered in butter and sugar, not sure where the name comes from). it is about a 10 min walk from the hotel and well worth a visit for authetic HK breakfast.
November 28, 2009
Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong
Location of the hotel is the best. The room is clean and it is also big. The MRT is just 2 minutes away from the hotel. If you like to drink, there are many pubs behind the hotel. There are many restaurants around the hotel where you can find good food.
The location of the hotel is the best. From the airport, you can take the City Shuttle bus, A11 (40 minutes), and it will stop just in front of the hotel. It will cost you HKD40 whereas if you take the Airport Express ( 24 minutes), the trip will cost you HKD 100. The room is big and room service is excellent. The staff are very polite and professional. The MRT, Wanchai, is just 2 minutes away from the hotel whereby from there, you can plan your journey from there. Causeway Bay is just 4 minutes away (by bus) from the hotel. There are many restaurants around the hotel whereby, you can try many of the local dishes. I will definitely stay at the hotel again when I go to Hong Kong.
United States of America,
November 27, 2009
Nice upgrade and great spot
I was just stopping over for the night and met colleagues so this was a great hotel for the price. It didn't seem to have a whole lot in the lobby (small check-in and dining area, no real bar) but the room was quite good. I couldn't get the internet to work which would have been a big issue if I had stayed more then just one night.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 3 Nights in MetroPark Wanchai - Although the room that I had stayed was smaller than my expe
- A Pleasant Surprise - The hotel is situated within walking distance from popular p
- A very satisfying experience in Metropark Hotel - Knowing well that this hotel was recently in the News becaus
- Always my first choice - I always stsay here unless they have no rooms avaialble
- Another gd stay at MetroPark Hotel Wanchai - This is the third time I have been staying at the same hotel
- Another Hong Kong Stay - I always stay in this hotel as it is very convenient to wher
- Best location hotel with great service - this is the first time that i stayed with metropark hotel. i
- Business Trip in HK - It is my first time in this hotel and i have not been disapo
- businnes hotel - good location in terms of business. in terems of businee dis
- Chia - It's a great location as within 5 minutes walk from the MTR
- Clean, simple and well located - Used the hotel during a four day business trip and found it
- Comfortable and convenient - I had a great stay. Check in and check out went smooth. Also
- comfortable. centrally located -
- Convenience on Steroids - The Metropark Wanchai is a perfectly situated hotel for loca
- Convenient hotel for downtown Hong Kong - This hotel turned out to be very good value for money, close
- Convenient location but small rooms - The location is fair as it is within walking distance to the
- Convenient location with decent size rooms - location is convenient, walk 5 mins to the wanchai mtr
- Convenient location - I would stay here again. The location is accessible via dif
- Convenient, Clean, Helpful Staff - This is the second time I've stayed here and this hotel real
- Conveniently located and Friendly hotel - The hotel is well located with a good variety of restaurant
- Delighted with everything - We were made most welcome from the moment we arrived. The u
- Designhotel in Wanchai - I stayed for 2 nights and it was good experience. Compare to
- Disappointed Experience - 1. The receptionists are not professional. One friend arrive
- Elegant Sea View - The Elegant Sea View Room is worth the extra cost. Throughou
- Excellent location and service - My second stay, and I will be back. I recommend the Spacious
- Excellent Service and Location - Convenient location for food, entertainment, short walk to t
- Excellent Stay - Be frank, this is a good place and location to stay in. It's
- excellent, must try - excellent hotel for the price, service is great,
- Excellent - We had a great size room, with very comfortable bed, the bat
- Exciting stay in Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong - The location is quite excellenct! A11 bus from airport will
- for metropark wan chai - good location and convenient for food and traffic.hotel staf
- Free wifi router was a great surprise - we were offered to join their membership upon check in. with
- Good clean Hotel -
- Good hotel - We booked comfort room, but we arrived in the morning and no
- Good location but very small rooms. - location is the best attraction of the hotel, a short walk t
- Good location to stay - in the heart of HK Island - Tidy hotel with clean rooms. It was recently renovated. The
- Good location, great staff, but rooms disappoint - This hotel is fine in many ways. It is pretty good value an
- Good Location, Reasonably Priced - This hotel, in the heart of Wanchai business district, is re
- Good location - A good hotel for a good price. Close to bars, if you like it
- good location - very nice location, within walking distance from the central
- good place - Stay was good, clean and modern equipped room, bathroom show
- Good value, nice hotel - My hubby and I had great time staying at Metro Park hotel, W
- Great City, Great Hotel! - The hotel was wonderful. The airport transfer is easy to fin
- Great Hotel in Great Location - Have stayed at this hotel a few times now. The location is g
- Great location and big room for a small price - Great place to stay for a short shopping/eating trip, all fo
- Great Location and friendly staff - its was easy walking distance to the metro and close to shop
- Great location but hotel service needs improving! - i stayed in metropark wan chai hotel for two weeks. during
- Great location but no breakfast - The decor is nice and modern as the hotel was recently renov
- Great location but room smells - hotel located on a very good location. walking distance to m
- Great location but small room with no view - Frontline staff are friendly and helpful.
Check in and chec
- Great location but small rooms - very good, will come back to stay again as it is near conven
- Great Location but very small room - MTR Station is located beside Metropark Hotel, which is very
- Great location but very small room - The hotel is clsoe to public transport, however the rooms ar
- Great Location for Wanchai bars and resturants - very comfortable room.
the cable internet didn't work so wa
- Great Location Freindly service - A modern well maintained hotel right in the middle of Wancha
- Great Location Hotel - A worthy hotel to stay in Hong Kong. Located in Wan Chai, 5
- Great location with modern rooms - Everything about the stay was good. The only issue we had wa
- Great Location! Fantastic Service! - Right outside the Hotel a Bus Stop, a block ahead the Tram,
- Great Location! - Good location, close to the subway and easy to get around. F
- Great Location! - The location is very good as it is close to all the Pubs and
- Great location, 10mins walk from Pacific Place. -
- Great location, clean, comfortable, good size! - A great hotel with good location. If you can get a price und
- Great location, clean, small room, traffic noise - overall this hotel provides a good option for staying in hon
- Great location, excellent staff, clean rooms - We really enjoyed staying at the metropark in Wan Chai. We h
- Great location, good size rooms - This is the first time i have stayed here and would do so ag
- Great location, room needs some updating - We had a nice stay at metro park wanchai. Very convenient fo
- Great location - Great stay was able to check in a little early and received
- Great location - The hotel is good value for a very central location; close t
- Great location - the staffs are really friendly and helpful. the wan chai mtr
- Great location - well, i have to say i had a great experience last time when
- great locations - this hotel was a nice place to stay in hongkong, just a few
- hi - great location, i would expect more as the group has changed
- Hip hotel - I like this hotel once we stepped in. It has an intimate fee
- HONG KONG NIGHT - Overall I always enjoy my stay in the hotel as it is very co
- Hotel with good location - i like the location of the hotel as it is within walking dis
- howdy - This is a great little motel nestled in the streets of wanch
- I enjoyed my stay - I always feel welcome at the hotel - all staff are always ch
- I love this hotel - I stayed in this hotel for my business trip. The location is
- In the heart of Hong Kong - The Metropark in Wan Chai is worth considering if you like t
- In the middle of everything - In my mind the best deal in Wan Chai, after the renovation t
- Like always good hotel - i always stay in this hotel in wanchai fair, is very close t
- Lovely hotel with polite and friendly staff. - very nice and comfortable hotel. consider spacious room espe
- Lovely hotel. Great location but small rooms - Good for the price. But wifi not included and occasionally
- Lovely hotel - Our room was upgraded, thanks! The staff are great, very hel
- lovely hotel - we were on a business trip and we enjoyed our stay overall.
- metro park 6 - Metro Park is a well appointed four star hotel, which offers
- Metro Park HK - Good value for money and location made it in my opinion a go
- Metro Park Wan Chai - Good Value & Good Location - I have stayed at Metro Park Wan Chai on several occassions,
- Metro[ark hotel - I didn't think I would be comfortable staying in the heart o
- Metropark Hotel at Wanchai - This hotel has very good environment and fresh air. At firs
- Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong - A very convenient hotel, both for MTR, shopping and sight-se
- Metropark Hotel Wanchai, HK -
- Metro-park hotel Wanchai - The hotel is conveniently situated within a few minutes of w
- Metropark stay - the Metropark is a nice hotel. It is in a convenient locati
- Metropark Wan Chai - i stayed at this hotel about 20 times alrwady and it is a pe
- Metropark Wanchai Hotel - For this hotel, I feel that I like it but some time the pric
- Metropark WanChai Ideal business/tousrist location -
- Metropark Wanchai on Hennessy Road HK - The hotel is good for travellers on short business trips who
- Metropark Wanchai, Hong Kong - I was not crazy about the Metropark Wanchai. There is nothin
- Metropark Wanchai - I have stayed at Metropark Wanchai twice and each time was o