Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Formerly : Ice House
Hong Kong Central / Sheung Wan Area
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1323)
November 10, 2012
in good area, but as is most of hk. the walk up to the hotel from lkf is steep and may not be suitable for seniors and children. extremely small, but clean and affordable. the branch in causeway bay should be a better choice
November 08, 2012
Top location very small rooms
Don't be decieved by the photos, these are very very small rooms, but if all you are after is a place to sleep then this place is for you. No room for your luggage, hanging space is poor, bathroom is surprisingly good for a room of this size, you can hear the neighbours! This hotel is not for a business traveller if you need to do any sort of work in your room. But close to the night life!
November 08, 2012
Great hotel despite the small rooms
It was a truly enjoyable experience staying at mini hotel Central. It's close proximity to the MTR station and 24 hour food places make it an ideal location for travellers. In addition, the room is tidied and towels are changed daily. If you do not mind that the room is small, this will be a place I recommend.
November 06, 2012
Good price in good location
The room is very clean, like clinical, but very small. Not suitable if you have more than a carry on luggage. The hotel is very close to Central MTR but finding it may be a bit difficult and need to walk up a sloping road near it if you are not using a taxi. There is a lack of prominent signage so it is easy to walk pass it without knowing. A Starbucks is very nearby but not any other economical restaurants around. No convenience stores nearby too. Disposable toothbrush and toothpaste not provided. Checking in and out is very efficient. Overall it is a pleasant place but as its name suggests it is mini.
United States of America,
November 06, 2012
Central location, very small room.
Location and low rate, also free wifi.
The rooms as extremely small. Only good for one person per room. no closet, so you have to hang your clothes on the hook of the wall. If you don;t want people to see you need to lower the shade in the bath room, then there won't be any sun light in the room.
November 05, 2012
Excellent crash pad in central cbd location
location , price , clean and friendly
Despite a few less than positive reviews on here I went ahead and booked The Mini in Central HK Island for 9 night vacation.
Provided you accept that the rooms are very tiny just enough room for a double bed and that you can often hear what your neighbours are up to for myself as a single traveller they place was just fine.
Location couple streets up above Central station (be prepared to climb stairs on way back) the place was very clean and modern. TV wasn't great reception but most of the time you'd wanna be out doing all the great things HK has to offer shopping , eating , partying and sightseeing. With an Octopus card you could be anywhere in the Hong Kong or Kowloon islands within 25 mins max. Would definately stay again.
November 04, 2012
Good location but small rooms
wifi is available everywhere and toilets are clean
Convenient location, clean rooms and friendly staff.
Rooms are very compact so for some will take some getting use to. But if you are out and about then it is okay.
Located right in Lan Kwai Fong the center of Hong Kong's nightlife. Furthermore surrounded by many good restarants and nearby are a few very famous restaurants: Yong Kay, an old traditional dim sum restaurant, a noodle shop with more than 10 yeas of history etc.Easy access to Central's transport nodes is a great plus.
November 04, 2012
Great location and fanctional room
Near all the great restaurants in hongkong central
I was so impressed with the location of this mall. It was a 2 minute walk to lan kwai fong and all the great restaurants and bars. It is also a 5 min walk to the landmark and a 10 min walk to ifc.
November 03, 2012
Prisoner Cell Block Mini Hotel
Having worked in the criminal justice system in the UK, I can honestly say the rooms here are on a par with a prison cell. I appreciate this is called 'mini hotel' and that space is at a premium in HK, but this was cramped for one. I would hate to be a couple here, especially as the 'bathroom' is all glass walls offering no privacy.And the window does not open, making the room stuffy. Service is non existent; there is one vending machine (with little on offer) just outside hotel door and another (not operated by hotel) at bottom of steps. This was empty for 3 days then broke down a few hours after being filled.
Even if you're on a budget, spend a little extra in Hong Kong and get a hotel room you could at least swing a cat in.
The ONLY positive is that the area is full of good eateries.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Book somewhere else!
November 02, 2012
Close to Central and MTR station. Only a few minutes walk.
Hotel is wholly non-smoking & strictly enforced.
Tiny room but highly recommended.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - mini hotel Central, Hong Kong
- "Great Location but terrible rooms" - The mini hotel is located in one of the best locations of Ce
- Accessible to business and shopping places. - It was easy for me and my husband because it was nearby the
- Alice in Wonderland - outstanding location! there was a girl receptionist who had
- Best Value, Amazing location, fun without frills - I booked accommodations well in advance and was able to get
- Better than I expected - Hotel staffs are friendly. The sink in my room is so small t
- Centrally located & clean -
- convenient location, clean rooms -
- Designer boutique - Love the interior concept at lobby. Basically, is a refurbis
- everything ok - i like just close bar area, if you can give me buisness shor
- Excellent location, stingy services - The location is ideal, the service is generally fine.
- Fresh and trendy - in good area, but as is most of hk. the walk up to the hotel
- good for one day - The staff were very polite and helpful. I will be staying he
- good location ， small but clean - close to Lankaifong。many restaurant ，pub and bar。easy to wal
- Good location but small room - a designed and small standard room hotel, easy to connect to
- Good location but small rooms - The room although very small but was new and clean. Nice des
- Good location n easy access to banks n offices for - My stay was short just a day and staff was nice only proble
- Good location, but very minimalistic rooms - Great location inmidst Hong Kong's night life. Staff is very
- Good location, small rooms, bed bugs - As the hotel is located on a up slope, it's tough dragging l
- Good pick for singles - Good value but the room is dusty and very humid.
- Good! - although is small, its comfortable. services are good, but t
- Great hotel but really tiny - There was some mould on the walls, but overall clean and ple
- great location - rooms are tiny - Happy with my stay here - i had a group of 10 friends and th
- Great Location - You Get What You Pay For - The Mini-hotel is a 'you get what you pay for' hotel, meanin
- Great location but massive problem with moisture - Affordable hotel in a very expensive city. fantastic locatio
- Great location but room is big enough for one - Short walk but it was uphill so its not easy to get to the h
- Great location but small rooms -
- Great location but small rooms - Compared to other hotels we booked in hongkong, I was surpri
- Great location but small rooms - Rooms are way too small. Would be uncomfortable to fit two
- Great location but small rooms - Very good location!
Just few steps from night life, and sho
- great location but very small rooms - location was very good, near all amenities, but rooms are ve
- Great location in the heart of Central - hotel located in the heart of central district. only 2mins w
- Great location! Compact but everything you need - a great hotel located in central, just next to lan kwai fong
- Great location, but small room - Located near Lan Kwai Fong surrounded by many good restarant
- Great Location, comfortable rooms - Amazing location for its price.
Rooms are small but is expe
- Great location, great price, but super small rooms - Good for a short stay. Not a lot of expectations. Located
- Great location, really mini room - room very small. with 2 suitcases could hardly turn around.
- great location, very small room - The hotel is in a great location. Very good for shopping and
- Great location,Nice service - it took me 30mins to find the hotel,,,,,my bad not yours! of
- Great location - Convenient location. Can't beat this! Will come back again.
- Great location - Stayed at mini for many times, location is fantastic but the
- hilltop room with mtr nearby - location of hotel is near central mtr. its about 10mins walk
- I wish i didnt stay at this hotel - i guess cheap price comes with unpleasant experience aswell.
- Impressive city view in a tiny room - Just the room and some lobby services, no frills. Maybe that
- location location + free wifi everywhere. - Transferred from the Prince (Marco Polo) so I was a little w
- Lovely and clean hotel - Hotel is a bit hard to get to if you're walking from the IFC
- Lovely mini hotel in a really great location - I really enjoyed staying in the mini hotel central and I wou
- Lovely, clean hotel and great location - We stayed for 2 nights at the Mini Hotel and it was really n
- mini is exactly that tiny rooms but clean - room is ok for 1 small person but is very clean mini is real
- mini - just same as the hotel name, it is a mini hotel, the staff i
- Nice hotel with friendly staff - Good location near lan kwai fong, friendly staff, safety loc
- Nice Small Hotel - The hotel has a very nice lobby with a homey ambiance. The
- Nice - Nice and clean. Very affordable. accessible to a lot of esta
- Perfect location plus functional room - this is one review i never wanted to write.
it's as if i fo
- Real mini hotel - True to what others said on trip advisor, tiny area and depe
- Really mini room with open concept bathroom - as the name suggests, it's really mini. location near to cen
- Really mini - Near to lan kuai fong. But room too small and not comfortabl
- Small and clean room. Not suitable for disables. -
- small and clean - this is a hotel provided small rooms but very clean. However
- Small but Cozy - The location of this hotel at the heart of Central is awesom
- small but lovely hotel - the room is small but everything i need is there! the recept
- small hotel in downtown -
- small room, good location - -A very small room.
-Walking distance to Lan Kwai Fong and C
- smallest space in the best location - I booked this as a last-minute room, which reflected my chan
- The -
- very mini room, good for single - Room is small. Shower room & toilet are partitioned by glass
- Very nice hotel - Very nice hotel, new, friendly people on reception. But smal
- very small room, near to mtr - the way to the hotel from the mtr really challenging, u have
- very very small but cheap - its really so so small,but in hong kong, its very cheap,and