Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (3413)
July 11, 2010
Short Trip to Hong Kong
Location of the hotel is quite near to bars and disco area
hotel is good located to have some party oder food and drinks, for shopping you need to take a taxi to this areas, around 5 USD. The hotel ist quite old and the facilities had better times in the past !
so for the money was ok.
So we ask for late check out at sunday, the would charge us the sunday rate.
Sont expect too much while staying at this hotel, even you can not compare with an **** star hotel in europe or maybee south east asia !
July 11, 2010
Good location, Clean and Nice
Good location, Nice hotel, Clean, value for money, easy to find but hardly to tell taxi the hotel name. But everything is good anyway. I will recommend to all of my friends and will choose to stay here for next time I visit Hong Kong. So many good memories here. ^^
July 11, 2010
Its in he heart of Hong Kong
I was there with my brother only for 3 days. The hotel is so luxorious and the room are so fine. Its in the middle of Hong Kong so we had easy access to visit the whole center of the city. On foot you can get almost anywhere and the connection with the ransport is superb.ALthough you have loads of escprts, you feel safe in the area. IT is great for night life(some clubs shut at 5 or 7am) but also good, if you want to see all the colours of the night in hong kong. Beautiful place.Romantic for the lovers of adventure
July 10, 2010
Unfriendly Business Traveller Policies
We booked through Agoda for 3 days, however our business was concluded within 2 days and we sought to cancel the 3rd day. The cancellation policy is shown below.
Because we were treated so badly by the hotel in this respect - being charged for one night which we didn't want (a 50% increase in our fee) we will not use that hotel for business trips in the future.
Staying an average of 4 nights each month - that revenue is going to a different hotel
- Any cancellations received less than 7 day(s) before arrival will be subject to a cancellation fee, in the amount of 1 night(s) charge. Failure to arrive at your hotel will be treated as a late cancellation. This will incur 1 night(s) cancellation fee.
- A processing fee of 15 USD (per booking) will be applied to all cancellations.
- Changes to your period / length of stay may also result in a cancellation charge. This includes shortened stay requests or revised dates. Please note, these fees are established by the hotel, not Agoda.
- A no-show will be treated as a cancellation and you will be billed accordingly.
- A request to shorten your stay after you have checked in to the hotel will be treated as a no-show. Depending on the hotels no-show policy, unused nights may not be refunded. Please note, these fees are established by the hotel, not Agoda.
- You must notify Agoda if you plan on cancelling your booking.
The hotel charge one night for early check out as hotel policy. Therefore, no refund for this booking.
July 10, 2010
I love this hotel.
good location, clean, nice atmosphere
Room is not small as expected, it quite big enough and very clean. We have a very good time for staying here.
July 10, 2010
Wharney Guangdong Hotel Lockhart Rd - Excellent va
Value for money, location
Near Wanchai ferry & MTR, buses from Shenzhen drop you outside the door, turn right from entrance for Admiralty/Central & business, turn left for hookers and other entertainment. #6 bus to Stanley 10 mins walk away. Very good staff and customer service.
Families with young children
July 10, 2010
Location for Man who likes nightlife (bars/pubs)
cleanliness, price value and near MTR
Satisfied, room is small (usual room in HK) but very clean especially the bathroom. We did not stay in the hotel that much only to sleep and take a bath.
use one day tourist pass for MTR...
July 09, 2010
The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel
The hotel is centrally located and most convenient for dining out and for night life. Room size is not very big, but enough. The a/c was very good and had a wonderful sleep after hard days of business meetings.
July 06, 2010
The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel
very smooth efficient reception excellent advice
underground station nearby and travel to larger shopping malls v simple.
July 05, 2010
This hotel is very comfortable and i guess is quite worth staying. The MRT station is just 5 min walking distance. There are many night clubs and pubs along the road nearby the hotel. Watching FIFA world cup with so many foreigner was one of the unforgettable experience. Staying at here is very convenient too. 7-11 and mini markets are all around.
The only bad experience is my friends and i tried the 'dai ka lok' restaurant nearby, and it sucks
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel, Hong Kong
- A good choice to stay - It's a good place, near everywhere, the area is quite homy,
- a good hotel with a good size room, good location - I had a good time,easily accessible to anywhere,great drinki
- A great value to money stay - THe Wharney Guangdong Hotel is very clean and has spaceful r
- A Hotel for the club lovers - If you're a club lover, then this hotel is a must for you. A
- Adequate room - econd time stayed, service friendly, room ok. easy to get ta
- Affordable hotel close to the subway station - the wharney is just two blocks away from one of the wan chai
- Always delivers - I always stay here for business in HK. Room are an ok size,
- Always Helpful At The Wharney - Without a doubt, a wonderful experience with the accommodati
- Another weekend in Wanchai - was in town for the drt " diving resort & travel " expo at t
- At a location in Wanchai with good room size. - I had a very good time while staying in the hotel and enjoye
- australian couple - would stay here again, centrally located in nightlife area a
- average standard - The hotel has excellent location and its bell boy was nice
- Best balance for value for money and location - Great service, comfortable, excellent location, clean, resta
- Best location in Hong Kong but very small rooms - What can I say? i went for the night life, the food and the
- Business Trip to Hong Kong - Good location of the hotel - nearby MTR station, walking dis
- Busy hotel in Busy location - This is an extremely busy hotel. First room was 2 singles pu
- central and good location. pricy for the value - I liked it and good experience. .I did enjoy the stay.
- central location in hong kong island - the hotel is at the main road of wanchai which is good for b
- Central Position - Very nice rooms, and very nice staff, but confusion causaed
- Centrally located, very convenient for everything - I would return to The Wharney Guang Dong for my next trip
- cheap and nasty - i would not recommend it unless you are looking for a cheap
- clean, modern design, good location -
- close to everything - Really nice helpful staff,clean rooms, free shuttle bus to t
- Close to the mtr - Aside from the location, there aren't much other pros.
- Comfortable hotel, pubbing location - hotel is near pubs and may not be so suitable for young girl
- Comfortable, clean hotel with good facilities - Excellent choice for a hotel in Wanchai. Close to metro and
- Comfortable, convenient, efficient experience - I am a repeat customer, I stay here everyone time I visit.
- Convenience - Location drove my selection of the hotel. Rooms a bit on the
- Convenient location - i've stayed at the wharney many times before. i'm not sure i
- Convinient location, room is clean - I was here for project work. The location is a big plus as i
- Decent hotel at a good price, well situated - The room was fine, facilities were adequate and the MTR is a
- Decent location, old rooms - I was originally on a smoking floor and that became too unbe
- Efficiently Run Hotel - I Have been staying at the Wharney Hotel on and off for arou
- Excellent location, good value forWanchai. - location is the best thing about this hotel, a free shuttle
- Excellent Location, Good Value - Good location around Lockhart Road and quick train or taxi r
- Excellent Location, Very Satisfied - I had some concerns about this hotel with it being in one of
- Fairly good hotel for the price - It was pretty good. The hotel is located in a red light dist
- Friendly welcome - Friendly welcome from staff. Help with luggage was offered f
- gd location - very good location. close to mrt statin wanchai or admarity
- Good all round value and service. - Stay here a lot. Good location, (if you like Wan Chai). Very
- good deal - i think this wud be the best deal you cud get for hongkong i
- Good for the Convention Centre - Decent budget hotel in Wan Chai within 10 minute walking dis
- Good front desk staff - i remember some years ago this hotel being small and cramped
- good hotel but noisy area - I had a good stay at this hotel. Only thing I want to mentio
- Good hotel with acceptable room space. - One night's stay. From the MTR port 3, go left and will reac
- Good hotel! -
- Good hotel, for the price and great location - We found hotel to be clean, with very friendly and helpful s
- Good Hotel, Good Location in Wanchai - I have stayed here a number of times and it is always a good
- Good hotel, in the center of Wan Cai - The hotel is located in the middle of Wan Cai. Lockhart road
- Good hotel, well priced and excerllent location - Efficient Front Desk staff and check in was easy.This hotel
- Good hotel - I used to stay here when in hk.
Good position, good staff
- Good hotel - I usually stay here when in hong kong.
Main reason is posi
- Good hotel - when in hk l often stay here, mainly for position, rooms sp
- Good location and very friendly service - another good stay, if they could keep the rates level, would
- Good location but bars below sometimes be loud - our usual hotel for business trips. good location for food,
- Good Location but small rooms - Entertainment and nightlife aplenty in this area, but stay a
- Good location but very hard beds in small rooms - would only stay here again if i could get a good cheap rate.
- Good location for HK Island - This hotel was perfectly functional for a quick stay in HK f
- Good Location hotel and decent room size in Hong K -
- Good location near MTR Station - very convenient location closed to exhibition centre and not
- Good location with excellent ammenities - Hotel is very well located within HK. Is located in a somewh
- Good location, but room is a bit shabby and old. - Good location - As long as you don't mind the old hardware a
- good location, clean rooms - good location in wan chai, close to metro station, close to
- Good location, clean - Hotel is nice, clean, staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are
- Good location, nice room for a reasonable price - This hotel is very much recommended for those who wants to b
- Good location, small room, old bathroom, - The hotel was a complet disappointment. I think that the ran
- Good location - Had a good stay, a reasonable hotel for a reasonable price
- Good location - If you want to hang around and enjoy night life, this hotel
- Good Location - Stayed for a few nights. Right in the centre of one of the e
- Good location - The hotel is located in Wanchai, close to the subway and sho
- Good location - There're 24-hour restaurants, 7-eleven and plenty of bars ri
- good location - this hotel is located a good location, nearby got many resta
- Good size of rooms but not a very good locations - the size of the room is good. lobby is big and nice. good se
- Good value for money (this time, as rates changes) - Stay was ok, nothing to shout about, good location for a ver
- Good value in great location -
- Graet Location - The location is great for business travellers who want to se
- Great Customer Care, Always Anxious To Help - Because of it's proximity to the bar scene, the noise level
- great hotel and easy to get to by mtr - easy access to mtr and night life clean , modern rooms
- Great Hotel for the price - Clean and well kept. Everything was great. Hotel was very at
- Great hotel with great and efficient service - the hotel was a pleasant and clean with friendly and helpful
- Great location - Good rooms - the hotel has a good location in the middle of a neighbourho
- Great Location and good rooms - the hotel is in a good location in the Island, very near the
- Great Location and Great Hotel - The stay was great, very friendly and helpful staff. I have
- Great location and service - It only takes about 5 mins walking to the nearest MTR statio
- Great Location and value for money - Best Hotel possible for night life. All the bars are just st
- Great location but average hotel - Apart from the location n the concierge staff which were gre
- great location but hard beds! - i have stayed at wharney many times as i find it the most co
- Great location but poor service - I appreciated the central location and check-in staff reacti
- Great Location but rooms abit small... - I think that the best thing about this hotel is the location
- Great location but small and cold room - Hotel is ok, you get what you paid for. It can be a little n
- Great location but small rooms - booked Executive floor, very disappointed about the room siz
- Great location but small rooms - Easy to get to via train system, location is central and sur
- great location but small rooms - if you are looking for location this is the right location,n
- Great location but small rooms - Rooms not too bad (clean) but a little noisy with the pubs a
- Great Location but tiny rooms - i was on business so, i hardly stayed at the room. the amen
- great location by the sea -
- Great Location easy to go to exhibition fair - it's best for a business man that looking for exhibition fai
- Great Location for everything -
- great location good value - this is the second tim i have stayed in the hotel. it has a
- great location great street great service - its not hard to find the location, i just use my GPS n i rea