Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Island West
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (915)
April 15, 2010
dishonest / be very careful;
Clean , modern , liked the lounge on the top floor .
Booked through agoda but on arrival discovered a friend was in HK for the night and as electronics show on he could not find a room . We ask to pay for an upgrade to a larger room so we could get a roll away bed .
We ask at check in how much was a larger room and we ask our friend if he wanted to pay the extra and he agreed .
On checkout we discovered that this was the additional charge. I tried to explain but the front desk assistant was aggressive and hostile and so I paid . Then to cap it off I paid for two bus shuttles for my partner and I as we had two flight times and when she came down to collect hers the said no one had paid so she paid again . The ripped us off for around $500 and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone as they are either deliberately trying to take your money or extremely incompetant in the admin/ desk area .
If you are foolish enough to use this hotel suggest you get everything in writing ( and witnessed if possible ) or be prepared for a battle on check out .
April 13, 2010
the room was very clean and comfortable, gym, swimming pool . pretty on the roof. "on top of the world"
bar and restuarant was really cool as well. frontdesk staff is not very helpfull. and house keeping takes to long to make-up rooms.
April 09, 2010
Pleasant stay an Jen Hotel HKG
small but smart equipped rooms, comfy beds, impeccable housekeeping, clean, free WiFi, good value for money
Stayed at Jen Hotel during a week of running errands and do much needed shopping in Hong Kong. Hotel staff quite nice and helpful, check-in and -out went smoothly, nothing to complain about.
Did not try the restaurants, but had a glimpse at the lounge bar on the top floor, nice. Pool on rooftop with stunning view (if air pollution allows to see further than 5 metres).
Western Market, Cat Street
April 07, 2010
Great place to stay in HK Island (west)
Location is ideal to explore HK island. Just a 5min walk to the bus-stop to hop on to or off from the airport shuttle bus. Clean rooms. Free wireless internet.
I've been to Hong Kong 2 years ago for studies and wanted to return to visit some old friends. Hotel Jen, previously it's Novotel if I'm not wrong, was excellent as it's just a stone throw from Hong Kong University. Located near buses and trams for easy travelling to places within and out of HK Island. General service staff is professional (except for the waiter at the cafe at 2nd floor who seems to look down on us because we look like poor Asians?). Our room is kept clean and tidy. There's a 24-hr gym and a outdoor rooftop pool. Pretty cool! Really enjoyed my stay.
April 07, 2010
Hotel is a little way out from all the actions is. You have to take a taxi or bus to where all the happening. If you're looking for the good price with comfortable room you won't be disappoint with this hotel
April 05, 2010
comfortable bed and nice services
the location not nearby central and no mtr at there, not is a best choice for buying due to need catch by bus or train to arrival the central around 30 mins
you can find any food in hotel
April 05, 2010
Nice but a little far from city
Price is very reasonable.
Like the shower, free upgrade to seaview, friendly receptionist.
April 03, 2010
Location Location Location
Location, Friendliness and Helpfulness of staff. Free wifi in room, Super comfortable beds.
We stayed at Hotel Jen early April 2010 and we loved it. From the outside it doesn't look much but when you go up the escalator to the lobby it is very nice. The rooms are quite large and well appointed. They were also very clean. The beds were super comfortable and the pillows like balls of air, so nice. The bathroom was a good size with a good range of free toiletries including toothbrush and paste, comb and cotton buds as well as the usual. The staff were super friendly and could not do enough for you. A request for an adaptor plug saw it delivered to our room in less than 5 minutes. Staff were most helpful giving directions on how to get public transport even advising costs for different options.Location is fab with many shops and cafes close by. Free wifi in room and free ice machines. Would definately stay there again.
A number of great hairdressers very close by. HK$38 for a shampoo and blowdry. Lots of small shops close by very cheap and really yum cafe just down the road with tasty cheap food.
April 02, 2010
Good value for money
Clean, efficient, pleasant. Good design. Decent coffee. Harbour view rooms. Happy hour. Breakfast on 28th floor.
I visit HK often and have stayed in the gamut of hotels there, from Four Seasons on down. This place was excellent value for money. Decent size room, harbour view, nice design, good coffee in the morning, and a fair price. The location is not near an MTR station, but they have a shuttle and there are restaurants all around the neighborhood. Nice local HK scene.
For some local scenery, just take a walk east down Queen's Road West. I think it takes about 30-34 minutes to get to Central.
April 01, 2010
Strange, this time.
Have been here before, several times, excellent staff, excellent location.
As mentioned already, I have been here before, several times. I like this hotel very much.
But this time, I didn't enjoyed it very much.
For some reason, I don't know what (maybe the structure of the building ?)I experienced a lot of noise.
I had a room on the 10th (!)floor, but every time a car passed by, I could clearly hear it and when in bed, I could even feel it clearly.
Very annoying and disturbing.
Hotel Feature Tip:
location, everything (e.g. fastfood, ATM, laundry,...)nearby.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Traders Hotel by Shangri-la, Hong Kong
- 4 nights in Hong Kong - Stayed at Hotel Jen for 4 nights. The staff was very help fu
- A good place - I needed a room for one night that was clean, easy to book o
- A pleasant surprise and wonderful getaway -
- a relaxing spot for a weekend in hk - i love the minimalist design of the newly refurnished hotel.
- Average - a big hassle to move again resulting in staying in a room w
- best choice - not near mtr and ental, but can be find the bus-stop to shop
- bit far from everything but clean and confortable - had a little problem at picking up at airport express statio
- bit too far away - not in a convenient location to get to centre easily - shutt
- Comfort and small scale room - Business trip and close to the office. Nice hotel but the r
- Comfortable & clean,tad small,location not for all - This hotel worked well for me on a business trip. I know HK
- Comfortable, clean and beautiful hotel - - clean hotel with nice simple features
- spacious rooms
- Consistent service and value - I have stayed at this hotel several times in all types of ro
- Convenient location. - the only real problem i felt was that the food in the club l
- decent hotel close to Kennedy town - Decent hotel, nice roof top pool. A little far from MTR but
- dishonest / be very careful; - Booked through agoda but on arrival discovered a friend was
- Excellent Value for Money - for hong kong, land of exorbitantly-priced hotels of varying
- Fine hotel with overall good service. - At first you think you are a bit off in terms of location bu
- Friendly & efficient service - The Happy Hour on 20th floor is good way to meet other trave
- Friendly staff and immaculately clean - Great place to stay, clean and comfortable with very welcomi
- Friendly Staff - The buffet breakfast was lovely in Cafe 508 better then us
- Good location but small rooms - I stayed there for 1 night and it was when the big typhoon h
- Good location, near tram station - part of shangrila hotel chain. clean standard room, next to
- Good location - It's situation in the busy central part of hk. The room is s
- Good stylish hotel. - Nice sylish hotel and even location is ok, because with tram
- Good value - Very good hotel for the price. Nice rooms. Clean. and decent
- Great hotel with a view of the sea - The bed occupies most of the room though it does have a "set
- Great location but small rooms - I choice this hotel because it located close to our HK offic
- Great location but small rooms - If you don't mind the room is small, Traders is a good hotel
- Great new find - The Jen is a real find. its biggest problem is the location
- great personal service, not so great loaction. - because of its distant location (from train stations), we re
- Great rooms but location not ideal - the rooms are spacious, clean and depending on the room type
- Great value, views, friendly staff - Hotel Jen is located just a few kms from Central. It is not
- Hotel Jen stay 28-30 Dec 2009 - Hotel is very clean and new. Space is generously as compared
- Hotel Jen: clean, comfortable, stylish, affordable - This was a pleasant surprise: a clean, comfortable, and styl
- Hotel Jen - I would use a hotel nearer the star ferry or Central as they
- Hotel Jen - overall it is a very nice hotel to stay while in HK, however
- Hotel Jen - The shuttle bus was good and happy hour was great - Cherry H
- hotel jenerous - i liked the way the room matched the photos,this is unusual
- Hotel with a Smile! - The front desk personnel, especially Ivy, were very friendly
- It is not as good as I expected -
- japanese theme room - The bed is very soft and comfortable. The hotel is easily ac
- Jen Hotel Hong Kong - Located on the western end of central district on HK Island,
- Location out of city area, too far - All good, especially personal touch with customer service.
- Lovely harbour views but tiny executive lounge - The only grouse that I have is that I didn't get the exclusi
- Lovely hotel - very accommodating - the staff were very kind and hospitable. the room was nice,
- Lovely Hotel - We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel - the location is a
- Modern & clean hotel though location a bit off - Though the hotel is bit farther out from most attractions, I
- Modern, comfortable room with view of the harbor - The staff were great! Gave me a great harbor-view room and
- my stay in jen hotel - i stayed there 5 night all together in this hotel which i us
- nice hotel with efficiant service - this wass my first time at the traders hotel, and l have to
- One day in Hong Kong - The location of the hotel is very good , being on Hong-Kong
- Reasonably-priced hotel in a decent location - this was our third stay in this hotel, which has changed han
- satifaction! -
- Second stay in Hotel Jen - This is our second pleasant stay in Hotel Jen. The Hotel is
- Small business hotel - Nice room interior since it is new. it has the business hote
- small room, small bed, very clean - I liked the stay at the Traders by Shangri La.
When we arri
- Small rooms - The rooms were as usual tiny but being in a residential area
- The Hotel Jen - The Hotel Jen is a modern and clean hotel on Hong Kong islan
- Totally worth the money used - Simple, Budget-friendly, Basic amenities
- Value for Money - overall i am pleased with the hotel. to begin with i would l
- Very Noisy - The Air conditioning system is very noisy - the first night
- Very Satisfied - Everytime I come to HK I stay in this hotel. Its great value