Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Island West
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (912)
Families with older children
December 30, 2009
Hotel Jen stay 28-30 Dec 2009
Clean and new, located near eateries
Hotel is very clean and new. Space is generously as compared to other hotels in HK. Hotel front desk is very friendly and helpful. Hotel is conveniently located to public transport and eateries. Best choice for guests who wants to visit Ocean Park and the Peak.
10 mins to The Peak, 25 mins to Ocean Park
December 29, 2009
Christmas in Hong Kong
Very helpful staff. Located in interesting part of city - a little away from the financial centre. Happy hour in the lounge bar.
The Jen was a good choice for us to stay for a few days over Christmas prior to going on to Manila and Vietnam. The festivities were understated but pleasant and we were made to feel very welcome. Rooms were very well appointed and facilites fine for this class of hotel. Would be happy to stay there again (and indeed returned for our final night before flying to the UK).
December 29, 2009
We loved this hotel....a great choice. The breakfast was great as well as the cocktail and appetizers every evening. The staff went beyond their duty to make our stay the best. They arranged tours and were ready with any info we needed. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!
Families with older children
United States of America,
December 28, 2009
An unbeatable bargain
Superb staff, hotel decor, international clientele, quaint location, free internet, harbor view, Happy Hour, newspaper every morning.
Superb staff from housekeeping to restaurant to reception. The professionalism and congeniality of the staff is what one would expect of a 5-star hotel. Hotel decor from room to public area is chic and pleasant. Location is ideal because it is on Hong Kong island yet away from the crowd that can be inhibiting during X'mas/New Year holiday season. Transportation is quite convenient. The tram just a block a way takes one to all connecting points: MTR stations, central and ferry etc. The Happy Hour at the Sky Lounge is a great idea to relax before dinner.
Free wireless included in some of the packages is well worth the extra. Breakfast at the Sky Lounge is relaxing though the selection at Cafe Jen is much better. Great view from the harbor room is an added bonus. The gym is small but adequate. It is well used by the hotel guests. I would say that Hotel Jen exceeded my expectation in every aspect of my stay. The only reason that Hotel Jen charges such a reasonable rate is because of its location away from the tourist traps.
Inexpensive chinese restaurant (Treasure Lake) just opposite to the hotel is very good though may need some translation for non-chinese speakers. Buffet dinner at the hotel has a large international selection and the food is quite good.
December 27, 2009
Nice environment, Hotel is nicely furnished and the hotel staff are helpful
I was more then impress with the service provided to us from all hotel staff as they were polite and very helpful. The hotel is nicely furnished as it also create a sense of being home, though we were thousands of miles away from home. It is indefinite that Hotel Jen will be a hotel I will return to on my next trip back to Hongkong.
Families with young children
December 26, 2009
Overlooking Victoria Harbour
Highly value for money, spacious hotel located overlooking victoria harbour.
The ideal location to stay if you want to enjoy the harbour view, near to shopping areas where locals shop. The rooms are spacious and the roof top pool and gym are good. The view from roof top bar is amazing. Good service and enjoyed the stay.
The hotel lobby provides information about sightseeing and attractions in HK, the hotel staff are happy to answer specific questions too.
December 26, 2009
Jen Hotel review
Everything! It was clean, amazing design, great free breakfast buffet and good location (near to tram).
The hotel was really amazing and I am truly satisfied. It looks just like how it's published in the website. I took the habourview room and the view was also amazing. The free breakfast buffet was wonderful! Filled with lots of choices....asian to western! Added to that, I could take 100 hkd worth of items from the mini bar (everyday) for free :) Location was very near to tram and bus stop! So, it's not a problem at all even though it was not near the mtr. Amazing deal!
December 22, 2009
the room was nice
the room was clean
the bed was comfortable
the room was clean, well designed and nice, and the bed was amazingly comfortable (good for who like stiff ones).
it was a nice stay for the price.
but I guess it wouldn't be the best location if it's your first visit to HK or if you are not interested in the HK local life.
it's far from the subway station (but I heard it's going to be extended soon). you take either a taxi or a tram. actually taking a tram is fun and cheap. (but you have to be able to check where it's going!)
December 16, 2009
9 NIGHTS AT HOTEL JEN DECEMBER 7-15 2009
The hotel was: clean; recently renovated, so in good order; staff were pleasant, competent and looked after customers willingly and well; food and drinks were all satisfactory; the room was modern and a reasonable size with a safe for valuables; the stay was very good value and really enjoyable.
We are English and aged around 60. We really enjoyed our stay at the Jen. Where alse can you get for a good rate at agoda, it was on 21st floor room with a harbour view in a smart hotel with a generous full buffet breakfast, a 100 HK dollar daily minibar allowance, free internet access and (wait for it) free drinks and snacks every day from 6 to 8 pm? The latter included sparkling, red and white wines plus a range of beers. We would most definitely stay there again.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Harbour view rooms are well worth the extra money, particularly because of the free extras.
December 11, 2009
Hotel Jen, Western District Hong Kong
Truly a 4 star Hotel
Very good breakfast buffet included with room cost
This is truly a fine four star hotel, the rooms are very clean and modern, with flat screen 40" t.v.'s.
There is a well stocked breakfast buffet on the 1st floor and a sky cafe on the 28th floor that has a 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. happy hour
the only downsides I found about my stay at this hotel were that it was a little too far away from the center of the city, and was in a bit of a run down area of the city.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Traders Hotel by Shangri-la, Hong Kong
- 4 nights in Hong Kong - Stayed at Hotel Jen for 4 nights. The staff was very help fu
- A good place - I needed a room for one night that was clean, easy to book o
- A pleasant surprise and wonderful getaway -
- a relaxing spot for a weekend in hk - i love the minimalist design of the newly refurnished hotel.
- Average - a big hassle to move again resulting in staying in a room w
- best choice - not near mtr and ental, but can be find the bus-stop to shop
- bit far from everything but clean and confortable - had a little problem at picking up at airport express statio
- bit too far away - not in a convenient location to get to centre easily - shutt
- Comfort and small scale room - Business trip and close to the office. Nice hotel but the r
- Comfortable & clean,tad small,location not for all - This hotel worked well for me on a business trip. I know HK
- Comfortable, clean and beautiful hotel - - clean hotel with nice simple features
- spacious rooms
- Consistent service and value - I have stayed at this hotel several times in all types of ro
- Convenient location. - the only real problem i felt was that the food in the club l
- decent hotel close to Kennedy town - Decent hotel, nice roof top pool. A little far from MTR but
- dishonest / be very careful; - Booked through agoda but on arrival discovered a friend was
- Excellent Value for Money - for hong kong, land of exorbitantly-priced hotels of varying
- Fine hotel with overall good service. - At first you think you are a bit off in terms of location bu
- Friendly & efficient service - The Happy Hour on 20th floor is good way to meet other trave
- Friendly staff and immaculately clean - Great place to stay, clean and comfortable with very welcomi
- Friendly Staff - The buffet breakfast was lovely in Cafe 508 better then us
- Good location but small rooms - I stayed there for 1 night and it was when the big typhoon h
- Good location, near tram station - part of shangrila hotel chain. clean standard room, next to
- Good location - It's situation in the busy central part of hk. The room is s
- Good stylish hotel. - Nice sylish hotel and even location is ok, because with tram
- Good value - Very good hotel for the price. Nice rooms. Clean. and decent
- Great hotel with a view of the sea - The bed occupies most of the room though it does have a "set
- Great location but small rooms - I choice this hotel because it located close to our HK offic
- Great location but small rooms - If you don't mind the room is small, Traders is a good hotel
- Great new find - The Jen is a real find. its biggest problem is the location
- great personal service, not so great loaction. - because of its distant location (from train stations), we re
- Great rooms but location not ideal - the rooms are spacious, clean and depending on the room type
- Great value, views, friendly staff - Hotel Jen is located just a few kms from Central. It is not
- Hotel Jen stay 28-30 Dec 2009 - Hotel is very clean and new. Space is generously as compared
- Hotel Jen: clean, comfortable, stylish, affordable - This was a pleasant surprise: a clean, comfortable, and styl
- Hotel Jen - I would use a hotel nearer the star ferry or Central as they
- Hotel Jen - overall it is a very nice hotel to stay while in HK, however
- Hotel Jen - The shuttle bus was good and happy hour was great - Cherry H
- hotel jenerous - i liked the way the room matched the photos,this is unusual
- Hotel with a Smile! - The front desk personnel, especially Ivy, were very friendly
- It is not as good as I expected -
- japanese theme room - The bed is very soft and comfortable. The hotel is easily ac
- Jen Hotel Hong Kong - Located on the western end of central district on HK Island,
- Location out of city area, too far - All good, especially personal touch with customer service.
- Lovely harbour views but tiny executive lounge - The only grouse that I have is that I didn't get the exclusi
- Lovely hotel - very accommodating - the staff were very kind and hospitable. the room was nice,
- Lovely Hotel - We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel - the location is a
- Modern & clean hotel though location a bit off - Though the hotel is bit farther out from most attractions, I
- Modern, comfortable room with view of the harbor - The staff were great! Gave me a great harbor-view room and
- my stay in jen hotel - i stayed there 5 night all together in this hotel which i us
- nice hotel with efficiant service - this wass my first time at the traders hotel, and l have to
- One day in Hong Kong - The location of the hotel is very good , being on Hong-Kong
- Reasonably-priced hotel in a decent location - this was our third stay in this hotel, which has changed han
- satifaction! -
- Second stay in Hotel Jen - This is our second pleasant stay in Hotel Jen. The Hotel is
- Small business hotel - Nice room interior since it is new. it has the business hote
- small room, small bed, very clean - I liked the stay at the Traders by Shangri La.
When we arri
- Small rooms - The rooms were as usual tiny but being in a residential area
- The Hotel Jen - The Hotel Jen is a modern and clean hotel on Hong Kong islan
- Totally worth the money used - Simple, Budget-friendly, Basic amenities
- Value for Money - overall i am pleased with the hotel. to begin with i would l
- Very Noisy - The Air conditioning system is very noisy - the first night
- Very Satisfied - Everytime I come to HK I stay in this hotel. Its great value