Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Island West
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (915)
October 29, 2009
bit too far away
Great harbour view and spotless room
not in a convenient location to get to centre easily - shuttle bus sporadic and not always easy to find - enjoyed the happy hour free drinks and canapes - nice touch - no complaints with cleanliness and definitely worth upgrading to the harbour view room - reception on first floor by escalator - difficult with luggage
don't miss the light show at 8pm every night - best seen from Kowloon side
United States of America,
October 27, 2009
Good service at a great price. Breakfast, cocktail hour and 100 HKG$ mini bar credit daily included in our room rate(mid-price). Fitness area: rooftop pool and well-equipped gym. Free Wi-Fi. Outlets adaptable in room no converter necessary. Secure environment, 24 hour staff. Shuttle for local areas. Restaurant on site, convenient, good food. Great view of harbor
The Hotel JEN was a great place for a first time visitor to Hong Kong. The area is mixed residential and small shops away from the busy Central area. The area was safe for walking, we used cabs, buses, hotel shuttle and trains to get around the islands, very easy. Relaxing in the comfortable 28th floor 'view' lounge every evening with cocktails and starting the day with good coffee was a hit with me; breakfast available in lounge or in the restaurant which is open for B/L/D, room service overnight menu available. The staff is friendly and helpful, they provided us with transportation and sightseeing info. and exchanged our US$ for HKG$ at the front desk. Maintenance issue (slow shower drain) was addressed immediately. We also used the laundry service, prompt return and even the curry stains were gone from a white blouse. The purpose of our trip was to attend a family wedding, everyone in our group (17 people ages 24 to 93) enjoyed this hotel.
Buy an Octopus Card prepay at airport(deposit is refundable) you can reload at train station(MTR) machines or 7 11 and GO. The card gets you on public transportation, buses, trains, ferries
October 25, 2009
Jen Hotel - See a different side of HK!
Chic, clean and spacious rooms. Nice pool with an equally gorgeous view. Near the hotel is a 24-hour McDonalds and two 7-Elevens. Near the Macau Ferry Terminal.
Many might be turned off with Hotel Jen's location (Sheung Wan - a bit far from HK's tourist attractions) but it rewards guests with its spacious and clean rooms.
The hotel is near Central where most of the hippest bars are. You don't have to worry about paying a hefty fare for the taxi ride home if say, you were staying at a hotel in Kowloon.
October 24, 2009
Great stay at Hotel Jen
We stayed for 7 nights in Jen in October and had a great time. Room was really clean with big TV and free wifi and we had a view of the harbour (admittedly between 2 tower blocks). The buffet breakfast was very good. Because we were staying for a fairly long time we had $9 free mini-bar per day and had free wine and nibbles on the 28th floor each evening. Gym was good and swimming pool OK. Really close to tram line so easy to get in to centre if you didn't want to hang about for the free shuttle bus.
A great price for this hotel. I recommend it.
Great value hotel
October 24, 2009
Excellent Stay in Hong Kong
Helpful and friendly staff, good food, well organised, lounges very good,
The Hotel was excellent from top to bottom. The unusual dining and front desk arrangements worked very well. The package we were on included breakfast and two hours of free drinks and canapes which considering Hong Kong prices was very welcome. Nice friendly and helpful staff added to a pleasant stay. We will stay here again on our next trip.
Buy the octopus card, you can use it for nearly every form of transport. Trams run from close to the Hotel, good way to get around.
Families with young children
October 22, 2009
Good value in HK
Small rooms but masterfully designed for maximum efficiency; great views from upper floors, and the Sky Lounge is a great place for morning coffee or an evenign drink. The hotel, overall, runs like a well-tuned machine; not overly personal service, but great value for the price.
Some say the location is a weakness. It's true, it's a bit far from the centre, but HK is small and it's only a 10 minute taxi from Central and the Star Ferry, which costs the equivalent of US$5. Amazing value for the price.
Just a little west of the hotel and up a block up is a great, tiny, family run Nepalese restaurant. All ingredients are organic, they deliver for free, and the food is amazing!
October 20, 2009
Clean, friendly staff, location, modern, quiet, Jen room benefits (breakfast, happy hour etc). Availability of a free shuttle bus (although never tried it).
We got a harbour view Jen room for the price of a standard room, thanks to Agoda. This had lots of useful extras, which are well worth it, e.g. breakfast (where the staff do their very best to ensure you get what you need, we witnessed them bringing omlettes for one family.). Mini bar allowance means no worries about a beer or soda whilst watching TV. Happy hour - free, unlimited wine, beer, or soft drink between 6pm and 8pm in the Jen bar on the top floor. Whilst the photos on the Hotel Jen website may look computer generated, they are realistic of the standard. Whilst not on the MTR line, and slightly off the beaten track, in a 'local' area of the island, it's not difficult to jump on a tram on the next street and be in central for 2HKD. We would definately stay there again if the price is right.
United States of America,
October 20, 2009
Harbor view rooms are excelent
Harbor view rooms have free internet, breakfast and wine and snacks
I have stayed here several times. The harbor view rooms are excellent and they come with free breakfast, internet and beer/wine and snacks from 6-8 PM. There is a free shuttle to the ferry ports and to the airport express train and MTR stations. The harbor view rooms in this hotel are the quality of typical superior Marriott Hotel room with many more amenities and are much less expensive, especially if they are having a proportion. I highly recommend the harbor view rooms, but not the standard rooms.
Hotel Feature Tip:
recommend the harbor view rooms but not the standard rooms
October 18, 2009
Honeymoon at Jen
I like the location in Hong Kong Island. I like the size of the room, it is quite big for a hotel in Hong Kong. I like the view from our room as well. Everything is nice in Hotel Jen
I stayed at Hotel Jen with my new wife. It is our honeymoon and we booked Hotel Jen only based on the review that we read in Agoda. My biggest attract point is the value for money and also the location. I'm right. Hotel Jen is a perfect place for us.
On our honey moon we want to explore Hongkong and Macau and we were able to do that thanks to the friendly staff and also the regular shuttle bus from the hotel to some of the attract point in Hongkong.
We stayed for 6 nights in Jen's Room 20th Floor. The room was nice and clean. The room is big also compare to the other hotel near Hotel Jen.
Thank you Hotel Jen. It was an unforgettable honey moon and we will be back for sure.
There are so many restaurant within the hotel. You can find KFC, McDonalds, Cafe De Coral, and Yoshinoya for the fast food. If you like the native food, there are so many noodle shop which is good for your taste..:)
October 17, 2009
Nice room - neat, tidy, clean, looked new. Great view (13th floor). Pool, gym.
Hotel Jen was an excellent 3-night stay for me. I know Hong Kong relatively well, as I was born there. And the only thing that bothered me is that the hotel is located kind of far from everything. Transportation takes time. The tram is very convenient, though, it's only a short walk and it's very affordable as well as scenic and quaint. I liked my room very much - it was clean, tidy and looked new and the bed was very comfy and the view great from the 13th floor. I didn't have much contact with the staff, but they seemed friendly and helpful. I used the gym (tiny, but has all the essentials) and also took a evening swim in the pool which was awesome - it's located on the roof and the view is beautiful. I would definitely stay here again, although the location does make me think twice. I did not dine at the hotel, so I can't comment on its food (even if I gave it a 3-star rating. It seemed the most neutral choice).
Hotel Feature Tip:
The hotel is located close to the A10 and A12 bus stop to the airport - it's the cheapest, fastest and most convenient way to get to the airport.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Traders Hotel by Shangri-la, Hong Kong
- 4 nights in Hong Kong - Stayed at Hotel Jen for 4 nights. The staff was very help fu
- A good place - I needed a room for one night that was clean, easy to book o
- A pleasant surprise and wonderful getaway -
- a relaxing spot for a weekend in hk - i love the minimalist design of the newly refurnished hotel.
- Average - a big hassle to move again resulting in staying in a room w
- best choice - not near mtr and ental, but can be find the bus-stop to shop
- bit far from everything but clean and confortable - had a little problem at picking up at airport express statio
- bit too far away - not in a convenient location to get to centre easily - shutt
- Comfort and small scale room - Business trip and close to the office. Nice hotel but the r
- Comfortable & clean,tad small,location not for all - This hotel worked well for me on a business trip. I know HK
- Comfortable, clean and beautiful hotel - - clean hotel with nice simple features
- spacious rooms
- Consistent service and value - I have stayed at this hotel several times in all types of ro
- Convenient location. - the only real problem i felt was that the food in the club l
- decent hotel close to Kennedy town - Decent hotel, nice roof top pool. A little far from MTR but
- dishonest / be very careful; - Booked through agoda but on arrival discovered a friend was
- Excellent Value for Money - for hong kong, land of exorbitantly-priced hotels of varying
- Fine hotel with overall good service. - At first you think you are a bit off in terms of location bu
- Friendly & efficient service - The Happy Hour on 20th floor is good way to meet other trave
- Friendly staff and immaculately clean - Great place to stay, clean and comfortable with very welcomi
- Friendly Staff - The buffet breakfast was lovely in Cafe 508 better then us
- Good location but small rooms - I stayed there for 1 night and it was when the big typhoon h
- Good location, near tram station - part of shangrila hotel chain. clean standard room, next to
- Good location - It's situation in the busy central part of hk. The room is s
- Good stylish hotel. - Nice sylish hotel and even location is ok, because with tram
- Good value - Very good hotel for the price. Nice rooms. Clean. and decent
- Great hotel with a view of the sea - The bed occupies most of the room though it does have a "set
- Great location but small rooms - I choice this hotel because it located close to our HK offic
- Great location but small rooms - If you don't mind the room is small, Traders is a good hotel
- Great new find - The Jen is a real find. its biggest problem is the location
- great personal service, not so great loaction. - because of its distant location (from train stations), we re
- Great rooms but location not ideal - the rooms are spacious, clean and depending on the room type
- Great value, views, friendly staff - Hotel Jen is located just a few kms from Central. It is not
- Hotel Jen stay 28-30 Dec 2009 - Hotel is very clean and new. Space is generously as compared
- Hotel Jen: clean, comfortable, stylish, affordable - This was a pleasant surprise: a clean, comfortable, and styl
- Hotel Jen - I would use a hotel nearer the star ferry or Central as they
- Hotel Jen - overall it is a very nice hotel to stay while in HK, however
- Hotel Jen - The shuttle bus was good and happy hour was great - Cherry H
- hotel jenerous - i liked the way the room matched the photos,this is unusual
- Hotel with a Smile! - The front desk personnel, especially Ivy, were very friendly
- It is not as good as I expected -
- japanese theme room - The bed is very soft and comfortable. The hotel is easily ac
- Jen Hotel Hong Kong - Located on the western end of central district on HK Island,
- Location out of city area, too far - All good, especially personal touch with customer service.
- Lovely harbour views but tiny executive lounge - The only grouse that I have is that I didn't get the exclusi
- Lovely hotel - very accommodating - the staff were very kind and hospitable. the room was nice,
- Lovely Hotel - We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel - the location is a
- Modern & clean hotel though location a bit off - Though the hotel is bit farther out from most attractions, I
- Modern, comfortable room with view of the harbor - The staff were great! Gave me a great harbor-view room and
- my stay in jen hotel - i stayed there 5 night all together in this hotel which i us
- nice hotel with efficiant service - this wass my first time at the traders hotel, and l have to
- One day in Hong Kong - The location of the hotel is very good , being on Hong-Kong
- Reasonably-priced hotel in a decent location - this was our third stay in this hotel, which has changed han
- satifaction! -
- Second stay in Hotel Jen - This is our second pleasant stay in Hotel Jen. The Hotel is
- Small business hotel - Nice room interior since it is new. it has the business hote
- small room, small bed, very clean - I liked the stay at the Traders by Shangri La.
When we arri
- Small rooms - The rooms were as usual tiny but being in a residential area
- The Hotel Jen - The Hotel Jen is a modern and clean hotel on Hong Kong islan
- Totally worth the money used - Simple, Budget-friendly, Basic amenities
- Value for Money - overall i am pleased with the hotel. to begin with i would l
- Very Noisy - The Air conditioning system is very noisy - the first night
- Very Satisfied - Everytime I come to HK I stay in this hotel. Its great value