Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Hong Kong Island West
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (909)
Families with older children
August 16, 2009
Hotel Jen is a bit off trace if you're heading to CBD, but good connection to Airport. Bus A10 stops a few meters down the road.
Very clean rooms. Hard to find in HK in this price range.
August 13, 2009
Jen Hotel, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong
Beautiful hotel with fantastic rooms and great amenities. Great buffet breakfast. Wonderful service and even has a rooftop pool and gym! Amazing views from the pool.
I booked the hotel because it was close to where I wished to be and was very pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it was. I was impressed with the service, the room, the views from the top floor pool and lounge. Most of all, though, I LOVE the room. It is modern and has great amenities. I certainly will be recommending people there.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Go and have a drink at the top floor lounge. The view of HK there is spectacular!
August 12, 2009
Fresh feel to room, Happy 2 hours on he 28th, Smiles
from most of the Staff.
We wanted a new location having stayed in the Kowloon area a few times on other trips so were O.K.
with the area. The access & transport modes are easy enough for clients who are used to Hong Kong.
Not so sure it would suit first timers. The double check in facility is a bit confusing if staying on the top floors. The breakfast could do with daily changes in verity.
Small bakeries close by.
United States of America,
August 11, 2009
this is a very nice property. the staff is very outgoing and attentive. the rooms are well appointed and comfortable. the location is just west of central area, but still very accessable to all areas.
i found this property on agoda, and am pleased i did. the hotel van picked me up at central airport terminal and went directly to the property. i arrived late at night and my room and reservation were all set to go. the room was very nice, and well appointed. I expected a small room as many n hong kong are, BUT to my sirprize the room was very spacious, and comfortable. the bed comfprtable, and the air conditioning worked well. the noise level very good, as I was on a higher floor. the surrouning area was typical hong kong with shops and rests all mixed within. the area safe to walk in day or night. taxi accessability excellent, and there is a van from the property to central. I would recommend this property to anyone, and have already thought about another trip there soon.
United States of America,
August 09, 2009
Great Hotel Just a Walk Away
Hotel Jen is newly renovated, stylish and comfortable. The service they offered was excellent and comprehensive. The price for the room located on Hong Kong island was reasonable.
Pro's and Cons aside, my stay at Hotel Jen was extremely satisfying. The Hotel is very comfortable and located in an somewhat colorful section of Hong Kong island. In this way it was nice to see something a bit off the beaten path. The highlights of my stay at this hotel were it's service, facilities and even though I hadn't booked a Harbourview Room, I still managed to have a comfortable room with a great view.
Hotel Feature Tip:
The room service menu offers a wide variety of food. Prices are affordable too. But if you explore the neighborhood, it offers many local flavors as well.
August 08, 2009
I like the top floor of Hotel, that sky lounge is so nice and feel so good.
The services is quite good, and we can late check out on 2pm is quite fexiable for me. the lobby is good and grand... the room can see the sea view and feel like good ... thanks a lot.
July 29, 2009
4 nights in Hong Kong
With a stay in "Jen" room you have access to free lounge on the 28th floor with some free treats. Free shuttle bus to several locations, pool, fitness room, excellent breakfast.
Stayed at Hotel Jen for 4 nights. The staff was very help full and forthcoming. They have a free transfer bus going from several places, check the schedule to be sure. The bus also goes by the common arrival locations like Airport Express etc The tram is only 75m walk from the hotel. Taxi from Airport Express is about 45HKD. I suggest to get a Octopus card when traveling around, just load it with some money and its easy used for MTR, Tram or even KFC if you need to something to eat.
If you stay in a "Jen" room you have access to free lounge on the 28th floor with some good free treats. Good hotel pool and fitness room on the roof is a really good relaxing choose if you want to forget the city buzz for a while. If I go to Hong Kong again I will stay at Hotel Jen.
July 16, 2009
Jen Hotel, Hong Kong July 2009
Stylish, clean and comfortable room. Great location, Excellent service. Roof top pool. Complementary drinks during happy hour. Free internet.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the Jen Hotel, Hong Kong. I paid a small additional charge for a harbour view and being 26 floors up had a great view over Hong Kong. Being so high up also meant the room was very quiet and I would recommend asking for a higher floor as Jen Hotel is on an extremely busy road in Hong Kong. The hotel has a good sized rooftop pool which was relatively quiet all the time. My only criticism would be that while the rest of the hotel was renovated a year ago the pool area seems to have been excluded from this and could do with a little restyling. Overall this is an excellent hotel with a good level of service, wonderful rooms and good facilities. Just not sure about the buffet lunch and breakfast choices. I will definitely recommend Jen Hotel to friends and will stay again on a return to Hong Kong.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Enjoy happy hour (6 - 8pm) on 26th floor for complementary drinks and snacks and amazing views of harbour at sunset.
July 04, 2009
Hotel Jen = Hotel Jem!
Free shuttle service to key locations for walking or taking the MTR.
Amazing customer service at hotel.
Close to food and shopping to make stay very comfortable.
Clean and comfortable rooms.
If you want to stay in the Western District of HK check out Hotel Jen. This hotel was without a doubt one of the better places to stay, with a 7-Eleven, McDonalds, Wellcome and Watsons so close by we were able to get food and necessities without having to look all over the place. The rooms were kept very clean and the front desk was extremely polite and helpful every day.
The free shuttle service and MTR can help you get all around HK without any trouble or costly taxis every day.
The Hotel Jen shuttle takes you to very popular stops and you can grab either buses or the MTR or even a tram and you won't have to set foot in a taxi at all during your trip if you time things right.
*Note If you arrive at the HK airport you can take the Airport Express for $100 HKD right to the Hong Kong stop and grab the Hotel Jen shuttle which will bring you right to the hotels front doors for free. (subject to time of day)
July 04, 2009
Hotel Jen Hong Kong
Close to University of Hong Kong.
Clean and modern.
Easy access to buses and trams.
Pool and gym facility are clean and easily accessed.
Hotel shuttle service to MTR and airport train is available at no charge, but runs only at scheduled times.
Many convenience stores and restaurants located in the area of the hotel (for meals, drinks and snacks).
Local laundry services are much less expensive than the hotel service.
If you're looking for a nice, clean hotel in Hong Kong, with easy access to HK University, Hotel Jen is worth a look. Although prices in the hotel restaurant, for the beverages in the room and for laundry services are high, there are plenty of convenience stores and restaurants and laundry services close to the Hotel which afford much less expensive alternatives.
The hotel rooms are clean and roomy and reasonably priced. The hotel staff is polite and attentive. The hotel itself is located west of the MTR. A 15-20 minute tram or bus ride is required to access the subway systems or alternatively, the hotel offers a free shuttle service on an assigned schedule. You will need to travel east to the downtown area for HK shopping, access to Kowloon, airport, Stanley, etc.
Walk a block north of the hotel to pick up the tram service to the MTR. The tram is $2.00 HK, whereas a cab will cost about $20.00 HK for the same trip. The shuttle is free, if you're on their schedule.
Don't forget to visit Hong Kong park (best accessed from Admiralty MTR); a beautiful example of a nice urban park. For war history buffs, a statue of Sgt Maj. John Osborn V.C. is located in the park. Sai Wan War Cemetery (accessable by bus 16 from the eastern most HK island MTR station) is the Commonwealth cemetery--UK, Aussie, Canadian, Indian, Netherlands, and HK are represented. The museum of coastal defence is also worth seeing.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Traders Hotel by Shangri-la, Hong Kong
- "Nice hotel that is out of place in its location" -
- a great hotel which is value for money - clean room, good price, detailed service, good restaurant ne
- A special day in Hong Kong - The hotel is superior in the design, more than I expected fo
- Clean hotel with nice staff and wifi service - The hotel used to be zen hotel before.
The rooms are nice a
- Clean, modern, nice pool, decent location - The staff are good and were understanding about the problem
- Comfy beds. Good value on HK 7s weekend. -
- Comfy room - very close to 7-11 , so it eay to get whatever u need at nig
- Direct bus from airport, best choice in that area - This is the first business hotel for my trip without any com
- Excellent Stay in Hong Kong - The Hotel was excellent from top to bottom. The unusual dini
- Excellent! - I was more then impress with the service provided to us from
- Friendly hotel with an excellent breakfast buffet - this was our second stay at the traders hotel. among the man
- Functional Hotel - the hotel was adequate in amenities. it was satisfactory for
- Good Hotel but overprice - good location in traditional hk, near the hk train station.
- good hotel - no charge internet. good swimming pool. very friendly staff.
- Good location, service but unusual layout of room - We stayed on the upper floor but not nearly high enough to a
- good service and comfortable style - select this hotel for China spring festival holiday travel i
- Good trip with Nice hotel - Nice room, Good service!
- good value - after a confusiong check in experience where i was given a s
- Great hotel but a little out of the way - Great value hotel by HK standards. Rooms are very clean and
- Great Hotel to stay in - Great place to stay, every aspect of our stay was good. only
- Great hotel with good service but small rooms - the hotel staffs are friendly and provide us with a good ser
- Great hotel with nice staff!! - This hotel is situated in a great location overlooking the V
- Great Hotel - the hotel jen is a really great deal, it offers lovely rooms
- Great little hotel tucked away - hotel was tucked away in western island side, close to tram
- Great location but small rooms - I choose this hotel because it located close to our HK offic
- Great location with lovely rooms - I've been stayed in the hotel for five nights. The location
- Great location, small room but nice service - Great location, small room but nice service.The hotel has fr
- Great room, location could be closer, good price - It was lovely, the staff - very friendly and efficiant, the
- Great Service - staff were very friendly and willing to help. nestled in a r
- Great spacious rooms - Hotel is welcoming on entry and room was very clean. Higher
- HK Island West - good value for Money, clean, comfortable beds. 2min walk to
- Hong Kong Trip - Hotel is a little way out from all the actions is. You hav
- Hotel Jen Hong Kong - Hotel Jen was located a little outside the main tourist area
- Hotel Jen, Hong Kong - A real sense of welcome from staff throughout the hotel. Exc
- Hotel Jen - For the price my wife and I paid we found that the hotel was
- I was happy to stay this hotel. - The hotel is far from Shang Wan MTR station but it is near t
- lovely hotel in a good location at reasonable rate - stayed for one night only, stayed for 1 week precisely last
- Lovely hotel to stay - This was my second time to stay there. I think it is even be
- lovely hotel，clean room - very new and not far away from central. Hotel shuttle bus i
- Modern and comfortable hotel in a good location - The hotel is in a really nice location, away from the usual
- My favorite hk hotel - the room is big and neat. my favorite part is the big window
- My stay at Hotel Jen - I know Hong Kong well but never stayed at this end of the is
- Nice hotel and great service at good value - i like to stay at traders when in hong kong. although a bit
- Nice hotel with very fast wifi!!! - Most of the review and even from their website states that i
- Nice modern hotel - The Jen is a very nice boutique style hotel
Room was big en
- Peace of mind - It is a very unique hotel gives you a peace of mind when you
- quality hotel for the money - this hotel is in a great location with affordable rates. the
- renovated & clean - Hotel Jen is a bit off trace if you're heading to CBD, but g
- Review: Hotel Jen, HK - It is the perfect place for long vacation / holiday if you w
- Small hotel with a flair - very nice little hotel. quite a distance from subway but if
- Small rooms but very clean - Staff was very helpfull. Provided complementary upgrade on s
- Smart Hotel, slightly out of the way - Traders is a little our of the way (beyond Sheung Wan) but a
- Solid value for HK - great stay in traders hk in jan 2013.
* nicely fitted roo
- The Jen is a gem!! - Our first stay since it changed from Novotel. The pool is a
- The Jen is awesome! - I really liked the customer service I received from all staf
- Totally enjoyable stay - I stayed in the Jen room on the 20th floor, and totally enjo
- Value for money - I booked the hotel through Agoda and thus got a much better
- Very disappointing room service - You will find 2 kinds of glasses but no saucers in the room.
- Very modern room - We used this hotel as a base for Xmas shopping. Ver convenie
- Very nice hotel in a relatively quiet position - Traders Hotel is West of Central but only 100 metres from a
- very nice room - The room is nice n clean. Also the hotel seems to be new so