Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Chennai City Center
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (395)
January 08, 2012
Great service but old hotel
very central location, very famous/popular
although I stayed only 1 night, it was enough to know that the hotel was quite old and needed to improve a lot on cleanliness. corridors were dirty and badly maintained.
January 08, 2012
Fairly close to the airport, good service
The hotel was okay, cleaner than some others I have seen so that is an improvement. The service was fairly prompt although I eventually had to put on the do not disturb light as I had many various porters and waiters knocking at my door offering me stuff. The room was okay at a glance but had many small flaws like cracks, chipped paint, stains, that sort of thing. 3 stars maybe.
January 04, 2012
Short stay but memorable.
Was on way from Nagapattinam and arrived at 6.15 am
So only needed accomodation for half a day.
Good value compared to previous stay at Springs hotel
United States of America,
January 03, 2012
Great service, Great location
I was in Chennai to attend the Music season. For this purpose the location of Hotel Savera is exceptionally well-suited.
the rooms are acceptable but not great. the overall cleanliness gets the same rating. the staff in the hotel were very helpful, friendly and courteous. that made the stay quite pleasant. the location of the hotel is particularly convenient for music-lovers as a number of concert halls are nearby. the physical facilities and furnishings in the hotel could use some improvement. that will make the stay quite bait more enjoyable. the staff should be commended for their service with a smile.
January 02, 2012
too much a do for nothing
as funny as it may be the best is restaurant fondue(1 floor)
front desk apparantely cant speak english.
very long and inconvenient check in procedure,copies of passports and vouchers and lots of irrelevant questions, instead of giving you the key and do all this afterwards.
breakfast from the point of wiev of a european poor.
lots of south indian...
very poor service in restuarant.
evening buffe terrible.
swimming pool closed (few days before new year) for repairs, nobody worked anything.
new year and 2 days after swiming pool closed because of the new year(front desk explanation)
Restaurant Fondue first floor ONLY on the terrace, inside freezing cold from AC and plus smells from kitchen.
very tasty Indian food, non veg, nice prices.
I repeat choose terrace!
Families with older children
December 30, 2011
Highly unprofessional staff and administration.
The Savera Hotel looks quite impressive from the street, but the rooms are not good at all. There is a feeling of a musky, "second-hand" type of accommodation. I was very unhappy with the room and loudly complained at once, saying that the pictures on the internet are misleading because my room was nowhere near to the picture I had seen on the computer at the time of booking.
I was then promptly upgraded to an executive room which was thankfully more acceptable.
In our booking we had pre-paid for an extra bed. At the time of check in we were told that we would have to pay for the extra bed directly to the hotel. I showed them my pre-paid voucher but they said that their records show different. I was adamant, saying that I do not care for their records. I had proof that I had paid with my credit card already. After twenty minutes of utter confusion, suddenly they said that it was OK. I thought that the matter was resolved. But NO ! On the date of our check out, we had the same problem and I had to make a scene, call them unprofessional, and threatened to complain to Agoda. It took them another twenty minutes to realize their mistake. Finally they let me off without paying once more, and behaved as if they did me a big favour. I will not use this hotel again.
December 29, 2011
Location was good, but rooms were pathetic
Location is the only great feature of this hotel
hotel staff should be more professional, rooms were pathetic. location was just great, that was the main reason for choosing this hotel. rooms were pathetic (atleast the room allocated during our stay); breakfast service staff should be more professional.
Families with older children
December 26, 2011
Fantastic Hotel and Service was fabulous
The breakfast, Shopping shops, people re the Staff
Very comfortable...good location..friently staff and overall it was great thank you.
December 23, 2011
Pathetic Hygeine conditions
Standard rooms is not at all worth. The toilets are ancient and filthy. Bathtubs cracked and dirty. After several request i was shifted to equally dirty room. Only thing to look forward is breakfast spread which is good for a north indian with taste and variety. Rest it is a good hotel only.
December 15, 2011
the reception was efficient in organising our stay even though there were some initial hiccups which was rectified later. we had problems with food outlets in the hotel as they only open at a particular time for dinner, and room service only allows sandwiches. the band performing in the restaurant was great with old english songs which was good. the services in the restaurant were also good.
It's close by to major shopping centres such as Spencer Plaza, Express Avenue, Fab India and also other major shopping centres. Also it is close to T Nagar for Indian clothings and accessories
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Savera, Chennai
- Acceptable Conditions - Beware of the construction. It is extremely noisy between 9a
- Budget Hotel - the hotel is located in the prime area of chennai city and o
- City hotel with wide choice of restaurants -
- Excellent business hotel - Excellent hotel. good rooms, free wifi, great food
- good budget hotel - overall good stay although the building is old especially ba
- Good business hotel, good size rooms, bit dated. - typical busness hotel good for short stays.Barring the few c
- Good Hotel with a Great location - I had a great stay at Savera as always. The location, price,
- Good Hotel - Stay was good, in the night was feeling little uneasy due to
- Good Hotel - The hotel is good, value for money. We just checked in by a
- good location reasonably priced but can improve - stayed for a week. alcohol and food somewhat pricey but good
- Great location and cheerful staff - Ideally located. Marina beach is walkable distance. City cen
- Great Location, Nice hotel - My stay was short, front office staff was very pleasent and
- Great location - Have stayed a number of times at this property. things are c
- Great service but old hotel - although I stayed only 1 night, it was enough to know that t
- Great value - we stayed twice at severa, on our way to and from kochi. the
- Hotel with friendly staff - Nice clean hotel, value for money. The breakfast was great w
- Improved - The hotel lobby, restaurant and rooms have ben refurbished s
- lovely hotel but no 24 hrs check out - nice and peaceful place. only setback is that there is no 24
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - it was a pleaseure staying in the hotel i had been there cou
- loverly rooms smily services - many words to spell but cant put them all in this , its alov
- Nice Hotel with excellent and professional service - this was my second visit to chennai and second visit to the
- nice hotel, but pool staff was rude - nice hotel with good location. overall nice place.
- Nice Rooms - Hotel stay in new refurbished Executive Room..however the ai
- Older hotel, Great room arrangement, Good location - frequently travel to chennai. this hotel tops even better r
- staff friendly hotel with attention to detail -
- Value for money - This hotel is centrally located to the city. Value for money
- Very convenient location - Im making regular visit to this hotel, because of its advant