Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (473)
July 26, 2012
Great Hotel. Location and facilities
Location, Food, Hotel Staff... everything is great
Hotel is very near to New Delhi Rail Station. Hotel provides free pick service and also drop service with very little charge. The hotel is renovating and I believe it will provide better service than today.
We are satisfied with the hotel.
You will find Auto to go anywhere which is cheap. To explore food, check Chandi Chawk Area and Jame Maszid area.
July 23, 2012
We booked a standard room at this hotel for a night stay and to catch our flight to Helsinki the next morning. The Hotel had provided us with a pick up from the airport. We arrived at the Hotel at 20:30 hrs. We were tired and needed a good night sleep to catch the morning flight. Upon arrival at the hotel reception we had to wait for approx 10 mins for a receptionist to attend to us, as they were busy with other check ins happening. When it was our turn, the nightmare began. Hundreds of questions about me and my girlfriend (am an Indian & my girlfriend is Czech). The receptionist mentioned i have to book another room as we both cant sleep in the same room because we are not engaged or married.
They mentioned it’s a protocol the Delhi police has put in place. And this information is not on their site. The earlier hotel i stayed for 2 nights in Delhi, didn’t have this restriction. The Reception mentioned to me, that i need to visit the police in order to stay in the same room. As we were tired, opted to pay for the other room, but i did mention that i need to speak to the manager of the hotel, he mentioned that he will be available at 22 hrs. There was no call in room that the manager was available for discussion and the amazing thing is still slept with my girlfriend in my room and there was no one to check - So the question - why i had to pay for another room when there are no checks ? Just to show on the hotel register that there were 2 rooms taken?
We didn’t have wifi on the 4th floor and had to come down to the reception to use the internet. Also the 4th floor had some construction happening, so there was disturbance with noise.
The next day in the morning, it took like 15-20 mins to check out again all sorts of questions about if we had anything in the room etc and to prepare the bills and get gab ready for the airport.
On the positive side, the rooms are good and comfortable, with hot water all day long. The car was good to and fro to the airport.
Hotel Feature Tip:
My suggestion when booking in this hotel. Drop them an email with your CV and ask all the simple to complex questions and provide them detail in advance eg: How many of them are traveling, Sex of the travelers, age, address, etc (email) or else you would never know what are their rules and hidden costs involved.
Families with young children
July 23, 2012
it was nice hotel with friendly stuff but not as close to palika bazaar as i imagined as i been to delhi before so when i saw in their ad written that sits only 10 min walk to canought place i booked right away, and it was important for me to have free wifi which was not free in rooms as mentioned on site but only free in their business center. our room was facing the street so it was very very noisy. the room was ok with big bathroom but location wise i dont think i would stay, though they have good fees for hiring their car for 4 hours to take u anywhere cost 1000 rupees only considering traffic and all hassle barganing with rikshas i think it wasnt bad, they have small restaurant there with decent food..
but the stuff is quite honest i think, i lost earing in a hotel and the cleaning guy found it and left on the table, and i forgot my passports at hotel on the way to airport and they sent their man to catch up with us to give me so i was satisfied though paid extra for their taxi...
if you order any tickets with their travel agency near reception, be careful, they take commission and i actually got cheated which I found out late
July 22, 2012
a convenient Hotel
u can go anyplace by auto which is very convenient
i stay for 3 nite, service is good. room is good. But one thing is bad. i ask hotel arrange a driver for us for full day to take us sightseeing. His service is not good. i hope Ajanta hotel next time when u choose driver pls be carefully
connaught place is little expensive than others. so remember ask discount & bargin
July 20, 2012
Clean hotel, good backpacker location
good location near main bazaar
Clean hotel (ask for a room with a window), friendly staff, good food
July 19, 2012
Star service at budget price
well maintained hotel and excellent staff
I stayed at this hotel for 2nights. It is good value for money. The rooms are well maintained with high ceilings. I was upgraded to a deluxe room though I booked s standard. During check out we crossed the time limit by 3 hours but they did not make any fuss about it. A few negatives were that apart from toilet soap we were not provided with any other toileteries cos of which I had to go buy shampoo from outside.The hotel is quite safe but once you step outside beware of your pockets, my iphone almost got stolen by a rouge outside the hotel. The pahargang area is quite unsafe.
Apart from this, this hotel is worth every single penny. I am definetely staying with them next time I come to delhi
July 19, 2012
Bad location and poor service
The room was good and very cheap
The hotel is located in a poor and very busy area. The deluxe room was good, however the hotel was in a poor condition. Airport pick up service was helpful, however wasn't free. It cost me 140Rup which is cheap and I would recomend to use it. The man on the service desk was rude and unhelpful. Service on the roof top "restaurant" (I wouldn't call it restaurant)wasn't good either. The restaurant down stairs was good enough with the selection of food and service. Basically, the price is matching the condition of the hotel. I needed it only for staying over night, but next time I would look for something else.
July 18, 2012
Excellent service and value for money
Good location, free airport pickup, late checkout only costs R500, very friendly and smiling staff
I really enjoyed my stay at the Ajanta Hotel. I stayed there one night upon arrival in New Delhi and was promptly met by their airport pickup service. Their reception staff was exceptionally friendly and I enjoyed a very good exchange rate when changing HK dollars to rupees. When I returned for one more night before flying home, the staff was similarly smiling and helpful. I could have late checkout up to 7pm by only paying R500 which was extremely good value. The food, bottled water, room service etc were all of a very reasonable price. Since I came back to New Delhi by train, the taxi fare to the hotel was quite cheap since the hotel is very close to the train station. All in all, I would consider staying in this hotel next time which is very good value for money. Ms SH Lee, Hong Kong
Do not tell the auto rickshaw driver about where you are going for shopping. Just say the area. I was really hassled into visiting several shops which was a waste of time. I would know better next time and watch out for such kick-back sydicates.
July 16, 2012
We stayed there for 3 nights, the room is big and clean. It's near New Delhi Station but a bit chaotic.
July 14, 2012
lovely hotel, great location
Pick up from the airport was just ideal
Very nice, room could have been a bit better for the price and couldn't get the wifi connection with ipad but otherwise ok
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Ajanta Hotel, New Delhi and NCR
- A bright and clean hotel with welcoming staff - When i needed to leave at 2am I found the staff alert and th
- Above Average - Being led into their ‘travel agents’ office after a long fli
- Alluring Internet pages - i had very basic room without window. price included free tr
- close to shops -
- disappointing room, good price, friendly staff - I booked superir room but i think the room we got isnt the s
- Excellent service and clean spacious room - Excellent service and clean spacious room.Very good staff. G
- fantastic hospitality - this is the second time i stayed in ajanta. its very central
- Good clean hotel - this was our second visit so we knew what to expect, and our
- Good hotel with good service - very good location, rooms are very good, service boys are al
- Good Hotel - Outside the hotel is not so good... specially with all the c
- good hotel - The most impressive thing about this hotel was the number of
- Good location but small rooms - was ok for just an over night stay before we got dropped at
- good rooms close to train station - good standard rooms close to train station area, prompt free
- great hotel staff & facilities - we all have personal ideas on what makes a hotel the best &
- Great Hotel. Location and facilities - Hotel is very near to New Delhi Rail Station. Hotel provides
- Great location but busy place - We satisfied with our stay there esp with the excellent serv
- Great location with nice service - The looks of Ajanta Hotel is white and bright, we love this
- Great location, near the train station - good hotel to stay, after being on the road seeing india. th
- hotel ajanta new delhi - Our initial visit 5 weeks prior was not at all good. We had
- huge family room with 2 tv - i was really surprised when i entered the room. it was big a
- it is a place value for money - It is a good place to stay in New delhi actually. The free p
- Modern, Clean, Central location - We stayed at the Ajanta for two nights in May 2012. The hot
- Nice ,clean hotel in the heart of the city - we booked this hotel for four days, the airport pickup is co
- Nice hotel and great location - the hotel is a 5 minute walk from new delhi railway station
- Not reliable - Airport pick up was promised -
I called the Hotel the day b
- OK hotel, good but expensive breakfast - we just spent one night at this hotel, the area around the h
- okay hotel - okay, decent room with cheap mini bar. just found some sheet
- poor service, rude staff - don´t stay here!!!!!!!! - I have stayed in this hotel twice: two nights in the beginin
- quiet and comfortable - The Hotel is clean and quiet, but the it is in a very bad an
- Recommendable - this is a hotel with good location which is near to the trai
- retro elevator and small steep steps - the hotel is located in the middle of a budget hotel row in
- The hotel is just fine - The hotel is just fine and resenable.