Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (1444)
June 02, 2012
Great location. Traditional Balinese hotel
location, quiet, fast wi-fi
we stayed for 4 nights at the grand istana on the 3rd floor. the location is great, short walk to poppies 2. the hotel is very leafy and quiet inside considering it's in kuta. we got complimentary sweets everyday. the wi-fi internet is very fast.
there is no elevator though so if you have a lot of luggage or don't like stairs, request a room on the bottom floor.
the only thing i didn't like was the pool. it's 170 cm deep all round so for a non-swimmer like me, it was hard to dip in leisurely.
Hotel Feature Tip:
If you want to get a massage at the hotel, get a pool one. Don't use the spa service because the spa room is very old and looks like it doesn't get used much at all. Many better options outside.
Families with young children
June 01, 2012
Nice location by the beach
Kuta Beach just across the road
We stayed overnight and found that this is a pleasant hotel with a nice pool and having a great location just by the Kuta Beach. Nearby construction of the mall is not a nuisance as the mall is near completion. A good landing point from the airport and starting point to the rest of Bali.
June 01, 2012
Hotel was OK and staff were nice
pool was very old and tired, also the sun moved off the pool early in the day.
the hotel location did not work for me and i moved after two days to legian which is where i though i was booking when i booked this hotel. for surfers or beach frequenters it would bew perfect but i was more into shopping and so had to do the terrible traffic every time i went anywhere.
staff were nice but i have a charge on my credit card that i will need explained to me yet also.
JP's Warung Club in Dyana Pura Seminyak on a wednesday night from 9pm - a sensational band.
May 26, 2012
Awesome room and splendid gardens
sick location opposite kuta beach just south of halfway beach break. pool was sweet although pool bar was a little on the exy side, stick clear of cheaper rooms, youll get stuck walkin up stairs, and theyve got nothin on the deluxe, didnt eat there as close to some of the best restaurants in all of bali. bloody bagus!
Hotel Feature Tip:
Dont stinge on the price and upgrade to the deluxe room, you wont regret
United States of America,
May 22, 2012
Great Balinese style resort.
Centrally located, close to shopping and the beach is just in front just across the road.
the rooms are big with a balcony which is great for relaxing and having a cup of coffee. modern amenities with a traditional style of a balinese resort. swimming pool is fantastic with a swim up bar.
May 18, 2012
"Lovely hotel and service with a smile
nice and cosy and friendly
I cannot say anything - this is a wonderful place to stay and easy access to many things. If U love the beach front - this is superb
can party till mid night only
May 18, 2012
Excellent service and large rooms
Great service, large rooms
A pretty hotel with Balinese influences in the decor, as opposed to other super swanky hotels, free Wifi, warm service, English speaking staff (although sometimes you have to repeat your request before they understand, but it's minor), prompt room service and turn-down (including fresh towels) every day. The mini-bar is nicely stocked with beer and soda, but you'll have to pay for these - they're exorbitantly prices, better off buying some from the local 7-11.
I have 2 complaints, which might or might not affect future travellers. Firstly, when we checked in, I asked for a room with a double bed. I was told they don't have double bed rooms. Impossible, right? But I left it at that, not wanting to insist. Oh well, at least the room is clean and there's a place to sleep.
Secondly, my mornings were riddled with an eccentric mix of construction, sometimes coming from the hotel, sometimes from the hotel beside ours. Since there is a lane separating the two hotels, I was awoken to the sounds of cars blaring horns at 8am on another morning. Not pleasant.
But the room itself was large, the air-con worked well, the television wasn't really an LCD but it had HBO, Fox Movies, FX, Nat Geo and other popular cable channels. The balcony provided a nice view of a really old banyan tree in the hotel courtyard, home to a bunch of adorable squirrels and chipmunks.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Samundera Cafe is the hotel's restaurant. The food is great, really - the price, not so much. For cheaper but just as delectable fare, head to the local food court next to the KFC, about 400 meters along the same road.
May 17, 2012
2 hour after arrive, heavy rain and roads are flooded everywhere. way back to room is flooded around 3cm ( dirty water ). mosquito in room. noisy neighbour. bad response from receptionist.
conclusion : i wont back to this hotel when i visit bali.
May 17, 2012
Lovely Hotel, Great Location.
Room is very nice, Garden and swimming pool is good
location is good, just beside kuta beach. got many food alongside kuta beach, although we do not know what food is nice at night.
room is good, aircond works well, just the water shower is very small, not happy enough when taking shower with small water.
May 17, 2012
Good location just opposite kuta beach
Large room, good food, powerful AC in room, good location
Checked in fast and was showed to room promptly. However, recieved a call within minutes of checking in as they had given us a faulty room and we needed to move. However, we were upgraded to a room with balcony so we were happy. Hotel is a bit old in design but nice. Staff could be a bit friedndlier but no complaints.
Visit Bubba Gump's which is a short walk from the hotel. Super food and service.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Grand Istana Rama Hotel, Bali
- a highly recommended hotel in kuta, bali - It was very nice. The kuta beach is just across the stree -
- a little over sold on the word lovely hotel. - An average hotel, convenient located, peaceful surrounding.
- average - staff are very friendly and helpful,location are perfect jus
- Average - The rooms are not in the best condition but they do the job
- Awesome hotel in great location - The hotel is awesome, however, dont take the vouchers too se
- beach front hotel - you have all the things you require for the visitor. Servic
- Beautiful hotel with excellent service - I loved my stay at the Grand Istana Rama. Because it was my
- Breakfast??? - great hotel and services !!
- Central location on beach, a little walk to shops - Had a great stay at the hotel could not complain about the s
- clean and good location, service very slow - We stayed with a group of about 30 in total,
Hotel very clea
- Close to action in Kuta, yet secluded away from st - big hotel, good service, rooms are clean and ok. no decor, j
- Close to Beach and Shopping areas - We stayed here for 6 nights and found it to be a very comfy,
- comfortable - The hotel is near beach and has a good location.We can go to
- Everything great, location,lawns, ambience - Can't wait to go back. We were very pleased to finally end
- family travelers - A fantastic location in Kuta, very close to everything but
- Fantastic location - Very handy location, walking distance to shops and across th
- Friendly staff great location -
- Good Breakfast, room average but no lift - 3rd FL - we had a reasonable stay in this hotel and as the hotel has
- Good hotel in a good location - Although I paid for the Superior room I was upgraded because
- Good hotel with good breakfast - The cleanliness of hotel is good and for sure the completene
- Good location Average Hotel - stayed in this hotel with my wife, the rooms are very averag
- Good location but old hotel - Hotel location is good and helpful service with warm.
- good location to visit kuta beach - overall it was not a bad experience. the main thing that bot
- Good location, not so good hotel - The first impression of the hotel was great. Near a large sh
- good location - internet was not working but good value , great pool good br
- Good location - the hotel is kinda old and need renovation.
they give nic
- Good location - The hotel is ok. it should not be a 4 star hotel tho. The bu
- Good location - water heater is not working, beds not too clean. 1 way lane
- Good mid range hotel - This is the third time that we have stayed at the Grand Ista
- Good value for money you pay - About the hotel: big rooms but bads are not comfortable.
- Grand Istana Rama Hotel -
- Grand Istana Rama Hotel - Main shopping Areas of Kuta & Legian Street nearby to the Ho
- great hotel comfortable rooms very clean excellent - great place to stay rooms clean bathroom shower could do wit
- Great hotel in the Kuta area. - My stay at the Grand Istana Rama hotel was very nice. The e
- great hotel, great location and great service - Pro:Hotel location is great. Kuta beach and the newly build
- Great hotel, great location - was a great hotel, very close to night life which was the re
- Great hotel - Great location right on the beach in kuta. Close to shopping
- great location & best relaxing feel ! - 1st impression of the hotel environment is very good for us.
- Great location and friendly staff - Hotel needs an upgrade. It was neat and tidy but nothing fan
- Great location and rooms but very thin walls. - Loved the gardens and the situation of rooms just wish we di
- great location and spacious rooms - I had a great 3 night stay at the Grand Istana Rama Hotel! I
- great location and value hotel for refreshing - the hotel is quite comfortable with great environment and at
- Great location but a little old fashion - I book 3 rooms in total for 2 nights ~ 2 rooms for 2 couples
- Great Location Great Hotel - We have booked and stayed for 4 nights and the location is v
- Great location near the beach - guards and hotel staff were very friendly and smiling all th
- Great location spot, friendly staff. - I stayed in a standard room right up the back with little li
- Great location! - The location is just perfect... the beach, beachwalk shoppin
- great location, nice facilities -
- Great location. Traditional Balinese hotel - we stayed for 4 nights at the grand istana on the 3rd floor.
- Great location - good service and very good location, had an issue with my ro
- great location - Hotel location is great. Kuta beach and the newly build shop
- Great location - Stayed overnight here. We found that the hotel is a little o
- Great place to stay while surfing in Bali. -
- Great pool but Kuta is not Bali - We loved the pool at this place - wouldn't have stayed here
- Great position and friendly staff (as all Bali is) - This place is across the road from the beach and only a 10 m
- Great staff but room was terrible - flight arrived early morning around 6am so advised hotel of
- Great stay with friendly staff -
- Great value -
- Green and Shady - A little noisy for older people but very comfortable and wel
- Hotel is just across the Beach - The staff was friendly asked for late check out and request
- Hotel nicely located, nearby the beach - we spent 4 days in this hotel. the hotel is nice, with lots
- location is near kuta beach, great - in general a good stay in this hotel because it is near the
- lokasi ideal, namun kondisi hotel kurang terawat - Kondisi kamar yg kurang menyenangkan, khususnya untuk kamar
- lovely affordable hotel in Bali - love to stay here, hotel's location is great, not too far bu
- Lovely grounds would recommend - Thursday and Friday nights hotel at blasts it's music till l
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - everything was great but should be a free breakfast
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - we stayed here for 5 days nice envinronment, right in kuta t
- Lovely hotel in a great location - I recently returned from bali with friends and stayed at Ist
- Lovely hotel near the sea - the hotel is located in a good location. it is near the seas
- Lovely Hotel, good atmosphere, great services - Pleasant and comfortable, Nice location, All types of restau
- Lovely hotel, great service, good location - I arrived late, flew in on a late flight for a business meet
- Lovely peaceful hotel with helpful staff. - we arrived at the grand istana rama hotel early evening & ch
- Lovely service - Our stay was not very restful as there was a lot of noise co
- Nice hotel across from Kuta Beach - This hotel has many amenities including bar, restaurant, poo
- Nice Hotel n Good Location - The location in front of the beach, freshly and good garden,
- Nice hotel with good price - I booked this hotel with a fantastic discount with agoda. Th
- Nice Hotel with Smile Service - Hotel Near to all atraction, Kuta Beach, Food, Shopping Plac
- Nice hotel - Generally, the hotel is quite a nice place:
1) Lots of green
- nice quiet hotel - we had a nice stay room simple and clean.staff nice
- Nice staff - The rooms were quite dirty and there were many mosquitoes.
- No fuss, good accommodation. Money's worth. - Really enjoyed our stay. Nice pool, good breakfast, central
- Not too shabby - The staff were friendly, and the pool side was decent.
- OK hotel.. - This is my first trip to Bali. Wanted to stay in Kuta so thi
- Old grand hotel with lovely gardens - This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. The standar
- old hotel but good location - Near beach,good location. Breakfast is not good, a lot of mo
- pleasant, only with upgraded room! - on arrival at midnight we were ushered into a disgustingly s
- Quiet and well placed near the beach - Hotel is good.
At reception everything is done to make fast
- Quite OK - If you get get a good deal, why not.........................
- Relaxing stay but - - We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Istana Rama Hotel. The roo
- Relaxing -
- Splendid hotel - It is a great hotel. The staffs are very welcome, its ambian
- Strategically located with friendly staff - it has a very strategic location, just opposite the beach. Y
- Value for money, great location - This hotel has great location but with affordable cost. Very
- Valueable hotel - The overoll is good but the maintance of the room and furnit
- very good - I have a good impression with this Hotel since the first tim
- we extended our stay - When we first arrived in Kuta we stayed at the Ramayana (boo
- would love to go back. again - it was our second time staying at gir & we loved every singl