Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Nusa Dua / Benoa
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (369)
August 15, 2010
we checked in late on our first nite at Bali. Check in was relatively quick. I booked 3 rooms, and I think we all got upgraded. Rooms are clean and so is the bathroom, so that's a plus. This hotel has a nice beach front. Breakfast is not bad too.
Families with older children
August 14, 2010
parents of teenagers beware
The hotel was small and quiet and the room was clean and very nice
we booked a deluxe room on line, to sleep 4 people and the voucher printed out saying it was for 4 people. The staff at the hotel asked us to pay for a second room as normally there are only 3 beds in a deluxe room. We asked to see the room we had booked and there were 4 beds in the room. We refused to take two rooms as the voucher we had stated accommodation was for 4. They took no notice of the Agoda printed voucher, so we had to pay an extra $30 per night for the use of the 4th bed. If you have teenagers and you want to look after them, becareful when booking as you may not get what you think you have asked and paid for.
August 11, 2010
Very peacefull and quite hotel
The hotel is very small, compared to the other hotels in the area. Because of that, very peacefull.
Most places in Bali, have many tourist! And most of the times, the tourist are loud!. Since this place is much smaller and the guests are a little older, it´s very quite.
The beach is a little small, at the bigger hotels, the beds are closer to the water, however, the beds at this hotels are most of the time free, where the beds at the other hotels are very close to eachother and also not always available.
There´s always a clean towel on the beds, the staff is very! friendly and the service is perfect.
July 28, 2010
average hotel with very basic facilities.
matahari terbit was ok when taking into account the room rate that we paid. i would say that this hotel best suits the budget concious traveller.
breakfast was nothing to write home about, the bathroom would benefit from a refurbishment.
however, as an overall experience it was ok.
July 18, 2010
Nice pool, spacious rooms with confortable beds
For the money we paid, the value was ok. It has direct access to the beach and it has a very pleasant pool. The staff is friendly and it's a good spot for families with young children. Close to Nusa Dua and the airport.
June 27, 2010
Matahari Terbit Tanjung Benoa
Clam and quiet, perfect for relaxing holiday.
It is not a big hotel, you do not feel in a holiday camp.
You have your own little house, a swimming pool and a private beach.
It is very good for relaxing and far niente.
The staff is nice and helpful :)
May 13, 2010
great place lovely staff and service
clean spacious rooms helpful staff nice setting on the beach front
On arrival at Matahari Terbit Hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean and spacious. On our arrival we discovered we were given twin beds rather that a queen suite, the staff changed this immediately and within a very short time they arrived with a fresh fruit bowl and welcomed us to the hotel, showed us around and made us feel very welcome. The setting is very nice and flows straight out to the beach front, the gardens and grounds are lovely very relaxing and private. I would definitely consider staying at Matahari Terbit again to spend more time in the Nusa Dua area which we really enjoyed.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Ask the front desk they know everything there is to know and very helpful
April 28, 2010
Inviting Matahari Terbit Hotel, Bali
The architecture and lush greens.
My arrival at this boutique hotel was met by friendly front desk staffs and a chilled welcome drink. The hotel offers exquisite Bali architecture and lush green envelop the surrounding. The room is large, the bathroom is fitted with a long bath and the porch is an excellent area to laze and sip a long cool drink on a warm sunny afternoon. The restaurant although small, serve a simple English breakfast and western food. The beach was swept clean in the mornings and the lazy chairs with small roofs overlooking the sea offers excellent panoramic sunrise and sunset.
April 25, 2010
Near to the beach, but not so many cheap eating places nearby the hotel.
Old, dirty and rusty bathroom, and noisy from outside the bathroom windows.
The breakfast is very bad, not so many choices.
April 07, 2010
great place - once the jetty is finished
lovely gardens, nice poolside - pretty rooms with sweet balconys.... and within a short walk of other nearby good hotels to visit too
This is my ideal place really for a single traveller, its small and quaint without being run down, and lots going on around it. Trouble is at the moment they are building a jetty - which will be nice when finished mid May but until then there is a constant noise of equipment moving the stones into place which was a bit hard to handle all day. Despite that, it is good value for money and has good basics and pretty design
lots of jet ski rental and para gliding and so on around this area - nice to watch or enjoy
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Matahari Terbit Bali, Bali
- A good stay on the Benoa Pennisula - We needed a place to stay in Nusa Dua untill our friends ret
- average at best - when we first arrived we waited in the pool area, while our
- Basic in OK location - the room is basic, but clean. it has a good location, many r
- cant wait to come back only had 1 day and night - would be a nice couple retreat and thats what we will be doi
- Cheap beach front hotel - it's not quite expensive, good location, nice beach surround
- Feel like you are family - My friend and I just loved this hotel. It was the first hote
- good location for relaxi - we stayed at this hotel for about 3 nights and we have great
- Great location - Nice hotel. Good location. Food was food. Had the water spor
- great loccation and hidden away nice small complex - we stayed for three weeks and had a wonderfull time hotel an
- Lovely hotel, great beach + nice staffs! - the staffs were very nice, friendly and helpful throughout t
- Lovely small hotel with great staff - We stayed at the Matahari for 10 nigths and enjoyed our stay
- Low quality for a too high price - The weather was wonderful, the hygenic situation was incredi
- Matahari Terbit Hotel -
- Matahari Terbit - we checked in late on our first nite at Bali. Check in was
- Nice Balinese-style hotel but poor water in shower - i like the spacious room. have a large veranda. unfortunatel
- Nice Quiet Hotel - a value for money 3-star hotel, restaurant serves reasonable
- nice room, near to ocean- direct access from hotel - nice hotel with good facilities. Room very big, suit for fam
- On the beach! - Good choice to stay close to the beach and near the water sp
- Service, as always with a smile - i can only speak for my room. it was clean, large and spaci
- Very close to beach, nice hotel room - First of all, the hotel is very close to the beach, you can
- Very nice Balinese style bungalows on the beach - if you would like to feel real balinese style, this is the r
- very nice unusual place - no slippers found in the hotel room for bare floors. staff c
- Very old Hotel - i'm very dissapointed with this hotel. the hotel rooms neede
- Very wonderful hotel that near the beach. - It is a great place for travelling and water sports in Bali