Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (381)
October 15, 2011
Overpriced, unprofessional staff, average room
Swimming pools, close to the beach,good breakfast
We stayed in a deluxe room with garden view. Room was average size, with old furniture/appliances (except the TV). The room could have been cleaner especially the bathroom (mold and filth on the shower door)...again not acceptable in a 5 star hotel.
October 14, 2011
Great location, simple and noisy room
fitness, big pool, seaside
Great seaside location, friendly staff, old gym, old room, noisy room
Cafe Bali / Seminyak
October 13, 2011
Great hotel great location
location, pools, convenient to restaurants
Stayed at Sanur beach hotel in 1974 Great position. staff friendly,
October 12, 2011
this hotel is not ideal for families or coulples... it felt like we were staying in a retirement home... too many old europeans who veg out by the pools all day long.. resturants and bars at this hotel were very expensive
October 11, 2011
Enjoyed our stay there
Smiling faces, good breakfast, good ambience
Food portions were small, fun place to stay. Great private beach, good breakfast, need more choices for drinks, cocktails, veggies.
October 11, 2011
great garden, average rooms avoid the small salon!
Garden, pool, beach,outdoor bars
Sanur Beach Hotel's great selling point is its incredible beach front garden and out door area. A myriad of winding paths takes you past Balinese statues, tucked away restaurants, huge pools, an out door bar complete with suspended, swinging seats, down to a white sandy beach, peppered with deck chairs and umbrellas, and an unspoilt vista across blue waters to the waves crashing on the distant reefs. We spent many a night on our swings at the bar, drinking margaritas, listening to the ocean, true Bali style. The down side was the price of the margaritas - quite high for Bali standard, and being Indonesian residents, we have a good idea of reasonable.
The rooms were also below expectations for the price we paid - about $125 aud per night. This will often get you an incredible room in a five star hotel in Jakarta such as the Shangrila or Crowne Plaza.
Prior to our arrival and booking, I sent the hotel an email to inquire about prices for KITAS (Indonesian visa gets you a special price in most hotels, tours etc). I didn't receive a response. When I arrived, after booking anyway on Agoda, we were told that yes, we would have been able to get a discount, but it was too late because we had already booked with Agoda.
The biggest issue we had however, was a small salon/spa in the lobby area of the hotel. My daughter and I spent a few hours there being tortured by women, who were too busy watching TV through our quite expensive treatment to realise that they had made my daughter's foot bleed, and that we had noticed that none of their equipment was sterilised or even clean. I must not that this was NOT the major spa in the hotel, but was none the less, doing very little to raise our opinion of the place.
Despite these down sides, the garden, beach area and lovely staff made our trip enjoyable. Would we return??? Maybe if the price matched the room.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Avoid the dodgy little salon/spa in the lobby.
United States of America,
October 08, 2011
Lovely hotel and service with a smile
Nice rooms and very good pools
We enjoyed the breakfast, the swimming pools and the service
October 05, 2011
the villa was fabulous! the villa was large and spacious and very clean. everything you could need for your stay was there. pots, pans, dvd player, board games, books, coffee maker and so much more. the maid who comes during the day to clean and do the washing is also lovely! the villa was also very well secured with guards at the gates at all times. also in a fantastic location, with heaps of shops and restaurants right outside the gate. we loved our stay at emerald villas and would recommend to others!”
October 04, 2011
Beautiful grounds and swimming pools
Directly on beach and great facilities
Good rooms in a really nice resort which is big but well run and has very good service and facilities.
Hire a car and driver and explore in land Bali for a day. Cost is very reasonable and hotel gave us a very friendly driver. Hire a bike to explore Sanur beach.
October 04, 2011
Fantastic room and fantastic service
Great food and friendly staff
I stayed at this hotel for on night and wished that I had stayed more. On arrival I was greeted by very friendly staff and told that I had been upgraded to a superior room which was a great start. I arrived late and ordered room service. I had one of the best meals of thmy stay in Bali.
Order the Nasi Goreng.....you won't be disappointed
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Sanur Beach Hotel, Bali
- Beautiful Hotel - The beach is clean and beautiful, stand by for the sunrise..
- Fantastic hotel with beautiful grounds - Beautifully presented hotel/resort.
Grounds were well maint
- Fantastic hotel with exceptional staff - we were attended to every day and the manager came to the br
- First time in Bali - We are already planning our next trip to Bali and staying at
- First Time to Bali May 2010 -
- good hotel and great breakfast - good + variety of food selections, quiet/nice place for taki
- Great Hotel - this is a gantastic hotel. i give it 10/10 except their matt
- Great hotel - We stayed at this hotel for a few days before going up to Ub
- great location but small room - big hotel on the beach!the room are small and also the bathr
- great oceanfront resort - The Italian restaurant there massively screwed up my order y
- Hotel average, but great pool and beach area - we stayed for two nights at sanur beach hotel. the room was
- Lovely grounds with huge pool - Room nicr enough. Grounds lovely. Buffet breakfast break.
- Lovely hotel great location on the beach - liked the resort overall the only thing was i booked for a d
- Lovely hotel with great service. - had a great stay would definately go back, would opt for a b
- Nice but better for the oldies - It was really friendly and we were perfectly happy. Although
- Nice hotel in urgent need of reservation - The hotel is nice, but the bathroom are at least 30 years ol
- Nice hotel - i love this hotel. near to the beach and nice view of the su
- Not bad - big pool, great breakfast. bit too large for my liking becau
- Old hotel but you can find a good minimalist room! - The room size is not really big, it didn't have luxury for e
- Overpriced, unprofessional staff, average room - We stayed in a deluxe room with garden view. Room was averag
- Perfect resort - the perfect place for a holiday and/or bridging the european
- Relaxing hotel - THis is a lovely hotel to stay at when you first arrive in B
- Sanur Beach Hotel in Dec 2009 - If you are looking for direct beach front access without the
- Simply Superb! - A Great quiet location. Top Breakfast, Top Swimming Pools
- The Hotel Has a Good Position on Sanur Beach - this hotel is in a great position on the southern end of san
- Very good location in Bali. - Excellent service and position with wide variety for breakfa