Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (530)
October 08, 2009
Good value for good resort
It has Large room and nice and the bath shower was unusual it was great
this resort surpassed all my expectations ,and it has an amazing art collection! its close enough to ubud, Room with balcony was beautiful. The service was excellent,Food was excellent,Very quite, relaxing hotel. Staff couldn't do enough to please you. Breakfast menu could become a little monotinous, especially when some advertised food items were not available
October 08, 2009
Value for money
We got upgraded to a two bedroom suite, which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel makes an honest attempt to be 5-star, but it still needs a lot of help. The suite was very clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. Free shuttle service to Ubud every hour.
The Mansion is a good value for money small hotel, with good service and nice rooms. Although it claims to be 5 star, I would rate it 3.5, as the hotel lacks strong Balinese characteristics and attention to details. The Balinese carved statues and furnishings are there, but the gorgeous garden and views are lacking. It's also quite a distance from Ubud center, so you will have to take a shuttle service or a taxi to get back. If you walk around at night, don't forget to bring a torch.
The Four Seasons hotel is very close by, which represents an excellent option for dining.
September 22, 2009
5 star hotel, good deco but average service
- I am impressed with the natural serene surrounding of the hotel location in Ubud and the beautifully decorated interior of the hotel
- Spa/massage and catering team really showed their care to make you have a nice stay
The location of the hotel in the natural surrounding is a major plus but if you are looking for a 5-star hotel with a truly 5-star customer-focus service, your money is better spent in other more established hotel with a team that is genuinely concerned about your well-being, not just the "$" sign attached on your head.
September 19, 2009
The place is stunning and the staff are fantastic!
When we arrived we were very impressed with the look of this hotel. We were greeted by two hotel staff who both spoke very good English and gave us a mini tour of the hotel and facilities. The room we got was large, very comfortable and spacious and even had a spare bedroom - like a mini apartment, but without the kitchen. We were also right next to the pool and had a strong WiFi signal so could surf the net as well. The food in the Indochine restaurant was exceptional and I highly recommend eating there...ok it's a bit more expensive than most restaurants, but worth it!!! I would definitely not consider staying anywhere else in Ubud should I go back.
Try the chef's recommended wine. It's Indonesian, unique and quite special!
September 09, 2009
Thoughts on the Mansion
Friendly staff, always willing to help with a happy disposition. Welcoming entrance. Beautiful decor everywhere. Nice photographic exhibition. Wonderful gardens. Lovely dining areas. Clean pools and jacuzzi. Good transport into town.
We had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed the friendly staff and beautiful artistic surroundings. The balcony of our Frangipani 1 room had an excellent view across the whole complex. The shuttle bus service was willing to pick us up outside it's scheduled times. Lovely menus and well-prepared food, vegetarians catered for. A wonderful photographic exhibition throughout the foyer.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Families with young children
September 08, 2009
My Weekend Stay at The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa
- exclusive and secluded location for peace and tranquility
- great ambiance
- great friendly service
- therapists with excellent massage skills
This was my family’s first trip to Bali. We started our vacation by staying in a resort at Lovena before proceeding to The Mansion Resort and Spa in Ubud. This hotel struck me as a perfect getaway for couples (esp. newly weds or couples who wanted some alone time with each other). Its exclusive and secluded location, surrounded by trees and other vegetation, and the serenity of the quiet neighborhood, created a sanctuary of peace and tranquility ideal for relaxing and connecting with oneself and nature. For the rate which Agoda had helped me secure, I was pleasantly surprised by the exquisiteness and good maintenance of the room furnishings and facilities. As I had not expected the environment to be such, my wife and I had brought our two children with us, who (as children are always so adapt to do) had found their own ways of enjoying the environment whilst us parents worked to keep their racket down to a level that would not disturb the other guests. Overall, this was a pleasant and memorable stay for us.
private taxi rates I'd surveyed for whole day tours:
- around Ubud ranged from 200 & up
- between Ubud and Lovena (or such distance thereof) from 350 & up
August 30, 2009
Once a privately owned residence, the mansion now offers serenity, oppulance, exquisite service and a 5 star rural bali experience. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel as if we were VIP's.
The surroundings were nothing short of breathtaking and spectacular with plant and insect life interesting and beautiful.
The rooms are best described as small villas with 4 separate rooms in a small complex. They are private and have 2 shared jacuzzi's directly infront of the rooms.
There are 2 pools, 1 overlooking the lanscape from an elevated position and 1 inside the hotel grounds surrounded by the well manicured gardens. The breakfast included in the hotel rate is amazing and a la carte!!
Free internet in the hotel and free hourly shuttles into Ubud town centre.
Massage treatments are more expensive than other places in Bali.
Try the Suckling Pig at the shuttle bus drop off. Great local food.
August 11, 2009
Great stay for three days in August
Decoration, atmosphere, excellent restaurant and very nice pool and garden.
The hotel is very good. It is carefully decorated where minor details have been taken care of and it has a fantastic atmosphere all over the place. The room that we stayed was spacious and also had jacuzzi facilities right outside. The breakfast was delicious and the staff was always willing to help and provide every kind of information that we asked for.
A minor point was that the hotel is not so close to Ubud but it is not really that far too.
There are a lot of service offerings (taxi, rafting, spa etc) close to the hotel so if you find the hotel prices expensive do not hesitate to look for these in Ubud.
Families with young children
August 10, 2009
The hotel feels a bit strange and out of place at first, as much of the decoration and style is a mix of European styles and objects.
The staff is very friendly and helpful and the food is really great, somewhat higher prices then you may be used to in Bali, but worth it.
The rooms are good, but could be better. I'm not a great fan of a huge marble bath (looks nice, but cold within minutes), more lights would be welcome.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Bring some fancy clothes, and don't walk in your swim suit through the lobby.
August 01, 2009
Great Stay in Bali at the Mansion
Great place to stay real value for money stayed in the Ambassador suite, lovely pool great staff. We stayed two weeks here and will come again later in the year. The setting out of Ubud is a real bonus we think as it gets you away from the mass of tourists that stay there. Great manager and great staff lovely lookign building.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Get a suite in the main house rather than a room, way better
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa, Bali
- A hidden gem - my husband i stayed here for our honeymoon. we both enjoyed
- Amazing beautiful hotel - when our car pulled in to the hotel i was amazed at the beau
- Antique charm and luxury - if you stay anywhere in bali at all it needs to be the mansi
- Beautiful ! - We had a wonderful stay at the mansion the staff were very f
- Charming resort - The hotel had been recommended by some friends of ours as qu
- Excellent hotel with beautiful Balanese gardens - A beautiful and well planned hotel with lovely Balanes garde
- Exclusive Mansion suitable for memorable honeymoon - The Mansion Resort is a huge and exclusively designed hotel.
- Fantastic deal, spoilt with luxury. - Three lovely pools, big grounds, great service from receptio
- Fantastic two weeks stay at the Mansion Resort - What a fantastic two week stay at the Mansion. Booked in for
- Good value for good resort - this resort surpassed all my expectations ,and it has an ama
- gorgeous setting - loved it!!! about 20 min shuttle ride to ubud city. shuttle
- grand hotel with style - hotel provided free shuttle to the town centre commencing at
- great hotel, always helpful and smiling staff. - we stayed here on honeymoon and the setting was perfect. We
- Great resort for romantic getaway! - It was one of the best resorts we have ever been! We checke
- Great staff, confused hotel - The Mansion is full of stuff , and I do mean full of stuff ,
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - Very nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Try the omellet
- Lovely hotel with beautiful gardens - I had a great time at this hotel. The staff were very friend
- lovely hotel. almost feels like a museum - Beautiful hotel with three swimming pools. The grounds are v
- Lovely people in a lovely setting. - My husband and I had every intention of relaxing on our holi
- Lovely Quirky Hotel - Nice quirky little hotel. Location not central but shuttles
- Lovely resort hotel! - We really enjoyed our stayed here (9 nights), we had Royal s
- Nice hotel & facilities, great staff and big rooms - The hotel is a bit far up from Ubud, but our driver knows th
- Paradise of Ubud - best hotel ever! you can feel the power of balinese hinduism
- Pleasant enough - We stayed for 3 nights and would not have been able to stay
- Really big grounds - If you are looking for a place where you will find lots of p
- relaxing - our stay at the hotel was fine but it needs to be pointed ou
- Stay at The Mansion Hotel, Ubud, Bali - This is a good hotel to stay if you're looking for somewhere
- Superb hotel with large and comfortable rooms - The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa is located just 5 mins drive
- Sweet experience, somewhat nostalgic - Very nice hotel. Feels as if you time travelled to the past.
- The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa -
- Truly a Mansionh - Beautifully designed hotel! You really do feel like you are
- Very charming resort - we stayed 3 nights at the mansion resort & spa and enjoyed v
- very nice stay in this hotel, nice swimming pool -
- Very peaceful relaxing hotel - this is a pleasant hotel to stay in ubud. the place is very
- Wonderful Hotel & service - We enjoyed our stay at this wonderful hotel. Great service &