Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (519)
May 10, 2010
Hotel in Jungle, we have enjoy sun-bath in the jungle and swim in Hotel spring water pool.
Highly recommend and will visit again
May 04, 2010
Interesting scenery and history
A nice hotel with friendly staff but the spa in the cave costs $6 USD per hour per person which I thought was a bit expensive since this wasn't made clear when booking.
May 01, 2010
A great stay and a great staff
Staff very helpful, good breakfast.
The view and the staff were great. Extremely helpful and were very responsive about rectifying a mistake (which could have been our fault) in booking. Great breakfast too.
excellent restaurant right next door
Families with older children
April 26, 2010
Amazing location, excellent spa, 2 beautiful pools, free shuttle.
The staff at this hotel were very caring. Our room was 110 stairs down from reception so if you can't manage stairs ask for a room close to the top.Our room was huge, bed was massive sheets turned down every night fresh flowers..This resort was gorgeous catch the shuttle into ubud and stroll back,its a beautiful down hill walk. I love staying here.
monkey forest,elephant safari park a must, markets
Families with young children
April 24, 2010
Stunning, Stunning, Stunning location, .......but
The location is simply amazing and one of the most beautiful places on earth. It would be very hard not to fall in love with the green cliffs of Ubud. The view from the restaurant and spa are so beautiful. You need to be very aware of the steps and the walk into town - we knew all about this and we prepared but ended up right at the bottom of the hotel with a 2 year old - 108 steps to reception, town etc was a lot.
I have visited this hotel several times over the last 15 years the last time being 6 years ago. While the location is so beautiful I was dissapointed to find nothing had been updated at least since my last visit and it's showing. The rooms are beautiful and clean but the beds are terrible. Two single beds with raised edges pushed together to form one bed with a large raised section in the middle, not at all comfortable for a couple. No TV, No safe, No mini bar, No hairdryer unless you request it, no tea and coffee making facilities, no internet in rooms. The bathrooms while very clean are looking very tired. We arrived in the rain and the check in process was very confused - we sat for 20 mins before asking if we could please go to our room ...oh you want to go to your room... Was a bit of a strange start. The other very frustrating thing was we had to walk to reception to use the internet (108 steps) only to find it not working, and it never did our entire stay. I spoke with the manager who blamed the rain, when I said it was working in town no problems at all, he shrugged and that was pretty much it. We never had a problem with internet anywhere in Ubud except for the hotel. The buffet was ok but the restaurant food was overpriced and average. I have to say I was dissapointed that things have slipped and I am not sure we will be back again - the one amazing drawcard is the scenery.
Dinner at Murnies - Close to the hotel. Walk right to the bottom and enjoy stunning views.
Anything at Casa Luna - brilliant
April 09, 2010
great place to hear nothing but nature orchestra
- it likes nature reservation. they keep the tree, bang, ponds etc since 1928
- the best swimming pool ever is its natural spring pool.
- complete service
It’s perfect for those who seek for a genuine tranquility, no fancy thing. you can be that close to nature without necessarily sleep in a tent. Beside its fantastic spring pool, the other entertainment is a nature orchestra performs by the tall trees, breeze, flowing stream, frogs, squirrels and birds.
April 06, 2010
support natural and green river hotel
- super natural, even don't have air-conditioner inside the room (but it was still comfortable as the fan and natural breeze were even nicer than the artificial cool from machine)
- many plants around you. seems like living in the forest.
- swimming pool brings you likes swimming in the forest. towels were provided.
- friendly staff
- shuttle bus service provided to town. very good.
- special welcoming drink: red rice wine (little alcohol), we all like it very much! (usually other hotels provide just juice) and it provide cool towel as well. nice service!
- take shuttle bus to town
- NEKA art museum was nearly 20 mins walk to the hotel
- stay more time at hotel, taste the natural environment of Bali, you will found lots of special insects and small animnals
April 06, 2010
I have been staying at Tjampuhan since I first visited Ubud 15 years ago. While the location remains as beautiful as ever, it is sad to see the standards of service decline to the point where I will not stay there again.
We arrived at the hotel after check-in time, and waited for half an hour, with no explanation, before I went to ask what was happening. I got told 'room not ready'. When I further enquired how long it would be, they said they did not know. We decided to make the most of it and go out to shop and have dinner. I asked the porter to put our bags in our room when it was ready. Five hours later, when we returned, all of our bags were still sitting where we had left them, where anyone could have picked them up and taken them. We ended up carrying everything to the room ourselves.
The bathrooms have never been of a high standard, but that is something I was willing to overlook until Tjampuhan decided to employ staff with some of the worst attitude I have ever encountered. There were many other instances of incompetence, inconvenience and frustration, all of which were explained with a shrug of the shoulders. What a shame.
Happy Buddha on Jl. Monkey Forest
United States of America,
March 30, 2010
Great atmosphere but poor interior and management
beautiful villas setting along the gorge; amazing lush gardens with authentic Balinese feel; wonderful open air spa in the jungle by the river
This is the second time we stayed at Tjampuhan hotel. We really love the authentic Balinese feel in this oldest hotel in Ubud. The villas setting along the cliff overlooking the gorge; The lush tropical gardens with beautiful old Balinese sculptures all round; You can easily spend a day just walking around the big hotel ground and enjoying the beauty of every corner you turn... The wonderful open air spa set in the jungle right by Tjampuhan river; great massage with natural sound of the wind in the trees and the river... All these are irreplaceable treasure that time has given to this heritage hotel which cannot be easily created by other new resorts. However, the interior of the rooms are poor and the bathrooms need some renovations. We wouldn't mind to pay more to have better rooms. And it is quite buggy here that we couldn't enjoy the meals at the alfresco restaurant; the mosquito repellant incense in the room made us hard to breath. Not sure if it's good but some other hotels we stayed in Ubud use some special smoke and spray around hotel grounds frequently so it's not so buggy. We've also noticed that the quality of the restaurant has gone down. The dinner menu is not as good and the breakfast is quite poor with flies all over the food. The service is good and the staff is very nice. But more updated training will be good such as how to speed up check-in and check-out time. We've been asked to sit and wait at the lobby for a long time when some of these usual procedure could have been prepared ahead of time.
Overall, this is a great hotel with very unique atmosphere. If some small details can be improved, it would be excellent. Highly recommend it for people looking for an authentic Balinese experience!
-- Make sure you cross the river, enjoy the tropical scenery, and go see the old Tjampuhan temple.
-- Murni's Warung right by the bridge at the entrance is the oldest restaurant in Ubud. Great food (try the smoke duck!), great atmosphere by the river, great antique shops.
March 27, 2010
Hidden in the jungle
Amazing view from your room over the valley, no television. Nice breakfast-buffet (lovely banana-pancake)with a very helpful staff and friendliness. Two cozy pools, situated in different locations nestled in an outstanding vegetation.
Small market on the other side of the Hotel for a quick drink or ice-cream.
All in the surrounding: Goa Gajah, Pura Gunung Kawi, Pura Tirta Empul, a must are the rice-terraces at Tegallalang!
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Tjampuhan Hotel and Spa, Bali
- A refined Jungle retreat. - There for two nights. Our room was average, but the setting
- A tale of two hotels - This is a hotel with a great and accomidating staff working
- A traditional hotel with beautiful river garden - Overall is good but this hotel room that has two door panels
- Balinese Hotel - Hotel in Jungle, we have enjoy sun-bath in the jungle and sw
- Beautiful garden and peaceful setting - Had a very peaceful night in Ubud at this hotel. However att
- Beautiful gardens and friendly staff - Had a very pleasant stay at the Tjampuhan. The bed was lovel
- Beautiful Setting but frogs at night very loud - Stayed in Banyan 2 room. No traffic noise but at night frogs
- Completely Awesome - We loved everything about this hotel. I mean everything. I c
- Enchanting location by the Ubud river - The Tjampuhan villas are set in the lovely slopes of the Tja
- Exotic and magical setting - Very comfortable stay in charming surrounds. Almost feels li
- Fantastic surroundings, Eyeful of joy - I had such a lovely time in the surrounds of Tjampuhan. The
- Great atmosphere but not easy to get around - we loved the quirky feel of this hotel but it is a very diff
- Great Gardens, bad service - I have stayed at this hotel before about 20 years ago.
- Great location with friendly staff - we arrived on a sunday after four nights spent in kuta be we
- Great Settings - We had a really good and relaxing stay at Tjampuhan. The
- hotel in the middle of greenies.. - the moment i stepped in the hotel, i was amazed by the exter
- Lovely hotel, great location - We enjoyed our stay. We were a bit surprised though on the f
- Lovely location, but rooms pricey. - The rooms are way too pricey for the lack of facilities, in
- Magic setting with wonderful staff - As in the past I found my stay in Tjampuhan Hotel and Spa an
- Magical hotel - this is my third stay at this hotel and i absolutely love it
- Nice stay - away from hectic life - We liked the hotel the moment we entered. Its a nice stay bl
- Oasis in the jungle - I have stayed at this hotel more than 10 times. I totally lo
- One of the oldest Hotel in Bali - In general, we are happy with our stay. The room is spacious
- Our stay In ubud - The hotel is set in a beautiful location in ubud. Walking di
- Peaceful with a personal touch - My stay with Tjampuhan Hotel and Spa started was terrific! R
- Pleasant hotel and very large room - A little out of town but there is a regular shuttle service,
- relaxing and beautiful - Extraordinary location and beautiful grounds. The massage d
- Return to Tjampuhan - Enjoyed our stay at Tjampuhan hotel after our first stay in
- Rooms a bit tired but beautiful views - This is our 5th or 6th stay at the Tjampuhan since 1997. Thi
- Spectacular setting in tranquil gardens - we love the tjampuhan, its our favourite hotel in bali becau
- super restful night .... close to Mozaic - A very restful night in a beautiful Hotel/resort.
Close to 5
- Superb Location, easy access to Ubud area - Cool,calm, collected couple after staying in Ubud. Pleasant
- Tjampuhan Hotel - Tjampuhan is the perfect place to chill out away from the ra
- Very nice hotel with peaceful nature setting - we love this hotel very much. very green, silent, peaceful a
- Very pleasant hotel in a nice garden - The windows of our room were made only of mosquito mesh, so