Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (971)
March 07, 2012
The perfect hotel for Kyoto visitors !
Across the street from Kyoto Station. Friendly Staff. Good sized rooms.
Our visit in Kyoto was just perfect! The hotel is just across Kyoto Station which makes it accessible to either bus or train. The staff are really friendly and the rooms are very nice. Plus, they have cute bath gifts for ladies, sweet!
For a good late night dinner or midnight snack(no train/bus after midnight), head off to the other side of kyoto station and look for Nakau. The prices are affordable and the katsudon is just delicious!
March 07, 2012
Good location and good hotel facilities
Hotel is just opposite Kyoto Station and very convenient to travel around
kyoto station is a terminal for all subway train, jr, bullet train and city bus. the hotel is just opposite and it saves us money and time to travel around. hotel lobby has two computer with free internet. room is small (expected) but clean. hotel staffs speak good english which helps a lot in giving us direction to sightseeing spots. will definitely come back to stay here again.
Nishiki-Ichiba Market / Sagano Romantic Train
United States of America,
March 05, 2012
Great hotel close by station and shopping
station is right next door, very clean, friendly staff
I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Hokke Club Kyoto. It is right next to the station and close by tons of restaurants and shopping. You will have plenty of places to choose from. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are fairly small, but very clean. Comfortable enough for 1 (maybe 2) people. I would recommend staying in this hotel!
United States of America,
March 04, 2012
Great service and location
Friendly staff, great location, good cafe downstairs
The staff was really friendly and helpful. Room was small, maybe a bit smaller than expected, but at least the bed fit 2 comfortably. Air conditioner and separate purifier were in the room as well.
Location was really convenient as it was right across from the Kyoto Station. The PCs available to guest users were very nice, speedy, and a printer was available.
The cafe on the first floor had a good toasted sandwich for only yen.
Noise can leak in from the hallway if people are talking loudly so be mindful of that if you are a light sleeper. Front desk also sells stamps and will help deliver to the post office (which is also nearby)
Definitely go to the tourist information center in Kyoto Station, which is near the exit facing Kyoto Tower. They are very helpful and the people speak English well, Chinese as well.
I recommend buying the one or two day bus passes if you do heavy traveling around Kyoto. Regarding the bus pass, there are some stops in the west that are not included in the bus pass. You will have to pay ~200 yen extra to reach these. The bus map that you get from Kyoto tourist information will give you the exact locations.
March 02, 2012
convenient to travell in kyoto
hotel very near kyoto station (opposite station just across the road).
room doesn't have wi-fi, but in 2nd floor have free computer for customer.
February 29, 2012
Great location with adequate room size
The size of the room and warm toilet seats
Really love the location, its is just in front of Kyoto main train station. Hotel stuff were really nice as well. Value for money. Room of the hotel is considered big as well for Japan standard, there is a coach on the side for seating. Restaurant in Hotel lobby serves traditional Kyoto breakfast, it is not included however worth a try. I also like the coffee from the cafe that is at the hotel lobby. You can smell the aroma of the coffee once you step into the hotel. Will definitely go back there again.
February 24, 2012
Great hotel, great staff.
Hotel right across from the station.
made a good choice as i booked this hotel..i literally only
had to cross the street from the station. was greeted by awesome staff at the reception and the room left no room for
complaints either. for seeing sights, transports were easy
to come by, due to the location of this hotel. had a very
good stay at the hotel hokke club kyoto and would recommend
it to others, too.
February 22, 2012
I would stay here again
Great location, friendly staff
This hotel is well located (across the road from the main Kyoto Train Station), very easy to get to. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was small (although we did book a small double room), but comparable to japanese standards. The bathroom was a little bigger than other hotels we stayed at in Japan, and the women are provided with a pamper pack. The only minor negative was that we would have iked to see out of the window. Some English tv, which was a added bonus. I was sick whilst staying in Kyoto (and therefore spent quite alot of time in the room) and I was quite comfortable. The cafe downstairs was a little pricey but the drinks/food were nice. I would stay here again without hesitation.
Families with young children
February 22, 2012
Great location but small room
Near to Kyoto station and accessible to many parts of Kyoto by train and bus
it was our first time staying in hokke club and we love it! the reception staff are friendly and able to speak well in english. they always served us with a smile. although the room is small, it is clean and the bed is comfortable. the cleaners always smile and great us when they see us at the door.
the great thing about the hotel is close proximity to kyoto station and lots of shopping centres (isetan, the cube, porta, aeon, kyoto tower, yodobashi and avanti).
there is also a coffee cafe called ogawa on the first floor. a good alternative to starbuck to start your day. we like their sandwiches and coffee.
February 21, 2012
Comfortable stay with excellent location
Convenient near to train and main bus station
new furnishing and clean environment provides comfort of stay. great location in front of main bus station which is the stop for all buses. nearby got isetan and yodobashi outlet and also lots of food restaurant and amenities shop. during our stay, free gift pack for ladies is provided which consist of mask, cream, lotion etc.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Hotel Hokke Club Kyoto, Kyoto
- a happy place to stay - this was a very nice hotel, with friendly staff and close to
- A value for money great experience - A great experience, clean rooms, good location and value for
- Best Location - There are complete all required stuff eg. razor, hair drye e
- Comfort hotel with ionizer - clean room with new furnishing provides comfort stay. there'
- convenient location but small room - great service and good location. although room is a bit smal
- Convenient location; very small rooms - Check in was indicated as 2pm (1400) however it was a 3pm ch
- Excellent Hotel - I would strongly recommend this Hotel. Small but very clean
- Excellent location, extremely polite staff - Stayed in the hotel for three nights and found the room very
- Excellent location, relatively new hotel, clean - hotel is very easy to find, just across kyoto station. reata
- Excellent service and location - service at the hotel is excellent. the location of the hotel
- Good location but small rooms - i enjoyed my stay in hokke club. although the rooms were rea
- Good location with good rate - We stayed for 4 nights. Good hotel with good rate and good l
- Good location with sufficient space - hotel is located in very good location just next to the kyot
- Good location - Good place to stay if planning on making many day trips from
- good service, good facility & convenient location - staff in check in counter are very polite & helpful. locatio
- Good value option in the centre of town - Good value room for Japan.
Would stay here again if ever
- Great Hotel, Great location - the hotel lobby is on the first floor of a building. the gro
- great location ... infront of the train station - well... is convenient to the max. basically, next to the mai
- Great location and affordable - this hotel is very well located - right beside the bus termi
- Great Location and convenience - Although the rooms are small, it is well equipped with every
- Great location but small bathrooms - We had a nice room at the end of the hall. i requested non-s
- Great Location but small room - Very convenient location with shops and restaurants just a f
- great location opposite kyoto station - opposite the kyoto station and walking distance from temple
- Great location with excellent service - The location is great for travelers who intend to go around
- Great Location with Small but Sufficient Room - The hotel staff were great and my earlier request for a non-
- Great Location, friendly service - We arrive late at night (lose to midnight), conveniently the
- Great location, pricing and friendly staff - Convenient, as the hotel is only 1 minute walk from the Kyot
- great location, tiny room - solid hotel, tiny room, great location near the station so v
- Great location - hotel hokke club kyoto is just next to kyoto train station a
- Great Location - i like this hotel, specially the location. this hotel very n
- Great Location - The rooms of the hotel are a little small, but it has a nice
- Great Location - This hotel was great for sightseeing. It's right next to Kyo
- great location - Very convenient location next to kyoto station. The room is
- Great location - we had a very good stay at this well located, clean, spacio
- In the Heart of Kyoto - This was a great choice for us, in that we wanted to have a
- lcoation fantastic. opposite railway station - only negative is window looks into a wall on 3 sides.
- Location perfect near trailway station - Room is small but ok. I like japanese toilets with warm seat
- Lovely hotel and helpful service with a smile - the hotel is in a great location opposite railway station.
- lovely service, great location but small. - happy with service, good location with short wall to train &
- Nice hotel with small rooms - The Hokke Club is located opposite to the Kyoto train statio
- Nice Hotel -
- Perfecｔ location - ideal for exploring Kyoto - the hotel is located directly opposite the station so great
- Prime location small room - Small room, clean but very convenient !!
Get right in und
- Really nice Hotel - Rooms were great, reception was efficient, we liked it!
- Small but nice -
- small room but convenient to kyoto station - We stayed one night in transit because it's close to the Kyo
- super convenince -
- The perfect hotel for Kyoto visitors ! - Our visit in Kyoto was just perfect! The hotel is just acro
- Very Convenient Location And Good Service Quality - excellent location within 200 metres of kyoto station and ci
- Very good location! - This hotel provided the perfect location for a 4 night stay
- Very good service - the hotel is just outside kyoto station (across the road). v
- Very nice - everything about this hotel was great. the price, the locat
- Very uncomfortable - The room is so small without any cupboard to put any clothes
- well appointed, friendly - The hotel is clean and friendly with good sized rooms albeit
- 位置優越 - Super close to the station, just right opposite.
But the ro