Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Ueno / Asakusa / Akihabara
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (593)
October 03, 2012
Great stay to stay whilst in Tokyo. The riverside was a relief in the hot weather, lovely to come home to after a day sightseeing.
The Temple and shopping street all within 5 minutes
September 30, 2012
a lovely cosy place, quiet with always big smile
environment (quiet place), underground just nearby and very Nice Staff
We loved the quiet environment of our Hotel, with a promenade near the river, with full shopping facilities and restaurants within just 200 meters.
We loved the Hotel, where our room has a river view, a little balcony where we can easily stay viewing without seeing the time past.
And some little attention such as cafe all day availble and noodles by the evening for free!
September 29, 2012
Go There, Enjoy !
Get free Coffee 24H, Onsen is available on 10th floor (timewise limited between women/men), Massage, Laundry etc.,
Once again at the Dormy Inn Asakusa. This time it was a Friday meaning that my partner had the chance to use the onsen on the 10th floor, it's timewise exclusively available for men or for women. Since we were at this hotel a few days ago we were also able to leave our heavy suitcase while we made a short 2-day excursion and pick it back up when we returned to the hotel, very convenient and very flexible. Our stay was somewhat interrupted by a false fire alarm occuring at 5am in the morning. Well, I usually go to the onsen at that time anyway so the time didn't bother me, .. and a close took at the Japanese Fire Engine which turned up in front of the hotel was also very interesting. Once again Dormy Inn Asakusa, once again very satisfied.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Try it, you will love it !
September 26, 2012
Love it every time !
Good Location, Good Hotel Features, Friendly Staff, An Onsen on the Top Floor with Fantastic View
Once again stayed at the Dormy. I've stayed at many hotels in Tokyo and this one remains pretty well the top of my list concerning preferred places to stay. Location is very convenient, eg: close to the Asakusa Subway which takes you swiftly to Ueno, one subway stop to Tokyo Sky Tree, of course, you are directly in Asakusa itself, and around the corner is the ferry station to take you to Odaiba (or arrive from there). The hotel is great. Try out this hotel - you will like it !
Of course Tokyo Sky Tree, also Asakusa with famous shrine and all those interesting shopping streets.
September 24, 2012
Great Location and Nice Onsen...
Sky Tree View Room and Hotel's Location is Great..
Hotel is just few steps to Shopping Mall,Sightseeing,NightLife and Nice View..
September 24, 2012
Best hotel in town
Clean, nice view, near to all stations, very good Japanese breakfast
The hotel was brilliant. The bathroom is a bit small but hey its Tokyo! It's very accessible since the Asakusa Sta. is just a few steps. The view is very nice, the Sumida River, Tokyo Sky Tree and Asahi breweries. Its very clean and staff are helpful. The foot soaking is very relaxing especially with tired feet.
Its better to book the Sky tree side. The view is amazing. And if you get there by train be ready to haul your luggage through stairs since the station only has one flight of escalator and tree more flight of stairs :)
September 18, 2012
perfect location and nice hotel
great onsen bath and free ramen
this hotel is very near to Asakusa station (Ginza line & Asakusa line), opposite hotel is shopping centre, behind is the shopping street and many restaurant.
this hotel got an Onsen Bath at 10th floor, for lady is afternoon (12.30 - 5.00 pm ) for man (5.30pm - 10.00am next day).
also a free Onsen foot bath at 10th floor, can see night view of the Tokyo Tower and the Ajuma river.
room is very comfortable. free breakfast - can chose Japenses or Western style.
from Asakusa station (keiyu line) direct to Haneda airport.
only 42 minutes.
Sensoji Temple just five minutes walk, Taxi Cruise station to Odaiba just 2 minutes walk.
Families with older children
September 15, 2012
Good hotel and near sighseeing places
convenience for travelling and close to the station
Hotel was located in the intersting sighseeing places, Tokyo Sky Tree, Asakusa and Senjoji Temple and any shoping area.
Also from hotel can go to any where easily, due to close to subwsy station and train station.
There are many restuarant located surrounding that area, therefore it easy to find the place for having food.
United States of America,
September 14, 2012
Great Location, nice helpful staff
Location, free Japanese breakfast, the pillow bar and other 10th floor amenities
I stayed 10 days at Dormy Inn Asukasa and was really happy, although it didn't start that way. My first room had a horrible cigarette smell, but I tried to bear with it. Just two hours into my sleep, I couldn't stand the stench anymore. I called the front desk to complain and asked to change rooms. Within a couple of minutes, the desk clerk arrived at my door with the key to a new room. That kind gesture really made my trip!
Hotel Feature Tip:
Take advantage of the free Japanese breakfast (not the Western), the free night-time noodles, the 10th floor facilities such as the pillow bar, the massage, foot-bath, and spa. I would suggest asking for a riverside room. The location is great for the SkyTree, Asahi Bldg, Sensoji, and the Thunder Gate.
September 12, 2012
great small room with good service
very functional and close to attractions
set in a great location- near the station and also the canal which provided great site seeing areas close by say within 300m
rooms where very practical small but very functional like most japanese rooms, service like massages and hotbaths spas topped it off which were all very good value
close walk to the canal area and relax while watching the surroundings it will teach you a few things
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Dormy Inn Asakusa, Tokyo
- A fantastic Hotel -
- A wonderful Experience in Asakusa - my wife and i had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at th
- Amazing Tokyo Skytree and cherry blossom view - The most amazing about the stay in this hotel is the really
- Awesome - i like this hotel. the room is quite big compare to other ho
- Best Choice with Japanese traditional - Happy to stay here, nice place nearby Tokyo Sky Tree... Easy
- budget hotel but with unexpected roof hot spring - We stay here just for catching early morning train to Nikko.
- Clean, quiet and convenient - convenient location. take keisei from narita to asakusa abou
- Convenient Hotel with Traditional Room and Service - We only stayed in Tokyo for one night for the purpose of tra
- Convenient location for a day trip to Nikko - chose this hotel because of the the good reviews online and
- Friendly small hotel - Great stay to stay whilst in Tokyo. The riverside was a reli
- Good Location & Service - The hotel is a bit old, but very clean. The price is very re
- good location in asakusa! - the free ramen tastes quite good. breakfast each morning was
- good location near subway station - nice staff, i like foot spa on top floor of hotel that was
- Good place with resonable price!! I love it!! - Their Inn is very close to subway station. There are many g
- Good price, good service, good location - a bit out of the center, but next to two subway lines. staf
- Great Hotel :) - a cosy and nice place to stay in. there are convenient store
- Great location and good price - The room was clean and good size for the price. Our room was
- Great location and helpful staff - Although the room was small, it was clean and all the other
- Great location but small room - Although the room was small, we had a restfull stay at Dormy
- Great views, loved the bath - Room was small as per all Tokyo hotels, but for the price I
- Location is centralized, good surrounding and easi - Location is centralized, good surrounding and easily accessi
- Location is good and breakfast is nice - Hotel location is good and easy to find if you take Skyliner
- location - close to subway station azakuza and the temple could walk th
- lovely hotel - good location just few minutes from subway station. near to
- lovely hotel - this hotel was great,free noodle at night from 21:30 pm unti
- Mini hotel and good location - Close to asakusa station and can walk to asakusa shrine in 5
- Nice hotel and a good base to expore Tokyo - tokyo is enourmous so wherever you stay you will have to tra
- Nice location, Good Rooms, Friendly Service - had a great stay at this hotel. while small, the rooms were
- Ok but not much more - The hotel needs te be reformed. Tipical, tiny, japanese room
- Smallish hotel in good location. - nice good value hotel in an great area. close to subway and
- the best service i have ever gotten from a hotel! - arrived early and they had no problem holding our bags until
- The location is great but the room space is really - Dormy Inn Asakusa is located next to Mastuya, where is the s
- Very clean, great staff, location was really good. - Our stay at the hotel was great. The room was cosy, just eno
- very good for a business trip to Tokyo - Apart from the above, a standard japanese business hotel...
- Very small hotel - the room was extremely small, with little room to leave your