Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (555)
December 06, 2011
Centrally located hotel with lovely Park or Garden
The hotel is too big to feel comfortable and it does seem to need a brush-up
The hotel has a very good- but expensive- Teppanyaki restaurant, a type of food which can be difficult to find in Tokyo
December 04, 2011
Great location near 2 major metro lines n swanky
Swanky restaurants along Asakasa Mitsuke metro
Great. Room furniture a little worn and basic but the rest of the hotel makes up for it
December 04, 2011
Small old fashioned rooms in a pretty district.
Near train station, lots of places to eat inside hotel, gardens are amazing.
Didn't really enjoy our stay. You can get more for your money if you look around. Small rooms that seem so dated. Hard to get a non smoking room. The clientele here are 50 plus with pompous attitudes. Lots of shopping and eating within the hotel, but you'll need to the big dollars to get anything.
November 25, 2011
Good hotel but poor location for tourist
good hotel but far away from main street.
hotel is quite comfort, but location might be good for business traveler, not recommended for tourist, hotel not easy to find from the subway station, also seems not popular amount the neighborhood. hotel internet service always slow and have problem in connecting to lan. hotel outsource internet servicing to service provider, its took me a very long time to explain to the staff from the outsourcing company due to their poor english standard. my login time was wasted in my long communication with the staff too.
hotel staffs are warm, friendly and very service oriented .
if you are moving around to several cities during your trip in japan, must purchase jp from your country, it would surely help to save you a lum sum. a sica pass is good for those who only travel within tokyo city.
Families with older children
November 23, 2011
Fabulous traditional hotel with great service
Wonderful staff, convenient location, great views over Tokyo, Japanese gardens
the new otani tokyo is a traditional and slightly old-fashioned hotel which offers great service with spacious and comfortable rooms. the staff made us feel extremely welcome and did their utmost to help us with our queries. we enjoyed the fabulous views over tokyo from our room, and took time to visit the historic japanese gardens on the hotel grounds. there is an array of restaurants and shops within the hotel. the two restaurants we tried were unfortunately a little expensive and with disappointing food, but the service was excellent.
Hotel Feature Tip:
Do visit the hotel Japanese gardens. I quote from the hotel website: "With its 400 years of history, the Japanese Garden at Hotel New Otani is one of the most renowned gardens in Tokyo. The vast ten-acre ground, surrounded by the outer moat of the historic Edo Castle, houses numerous kinds of trees, flowers and foliage. Stone gardens and lanterns, carp ponds and waterfalls offer a taste of Japanese tradition and culture to our visitors."
November 23, 2011
Large beatiful hotel with good facilities, garden
Beautiful room interior and design, nice view to the garden and city, plenty of good restaurants
the hotel is very large and pleasant to walk from one tower to another. room design is superb with extreme comfort. restuarant are plenty with good quality choices. garden is beautiful and well maintained.
November 09, 2011
Very big hotel, rather impersonal
Nice neighourhood, nice garden
hotel in itsef is not really interesting, a bit posh and oldfashioned. plenty of shops located in the same building as the hotel, but rather old fashioned and expensive. no free internet, not even in the lobby.
the neighbourhood around the hotel is nice and lively (day as well as evening) with lots of restaurants and bars visited by japanese as well as a lot of expats. there's also a couple of lovely temples around together with the emperial palace.
Hotel Feature Tip:
the hotel has a shuttle bus to the airport for yen. it goes to both airports, several times a day and stops at all terminals : easy, handy and less expensive then a taxi.
Families with older children
November 03, 2011
An older but still comfortable hotel
Good-sized rooms, English-speaking reception staff, located close to three train/subway stations, good buffet breakfast
Hotel New Otani is an older hotel, seemingly grand in scale. We stayed at the newer Garden Tower wing. Our first night was in a smoking room, but we were transferred to a non-smoking floor. I recommend that guests specify if they'd prefer a non-smoking room as the smell of cigarette smoke in the smoking room was quite strong and unpleasant to non-smokers. The rooms are quite large by Japanese standards and are comfortable and clean, although the design of the rooms seems a bit dated. Location is good, the Yotsuya and Akasaka-Mitsuke stations are short walks away and a few stops from Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ginza. There are also eateries & convenience stores nearby. Buffet breakfast was good, many choices. Reception staff speak English, which is a big help.
Get a train map and train pass at the airport upon arriving. Get familiar with coin denominations and names of the stops you will need to get off at. Some stations are quite large but there are directional signages in English to help you find your way to other platforms or out into the street.
October 22, 2011
Great hotel and location, nice staff.
Great restaurants in the hotel, good convenient store downstairs !
very closed to a couple of subway station, the hotel is also very well located akasaka and a couple of really nice little streets full of bars and restaurant. also really closed to a big park for those who like running !
October 21, 2011
five subway lines are close to the hotel
nice hotel and staff, it is recommendable as five subway lines are close to the hotel, at Akasaka-mitsuke and just close to that station, restaurants with reasonable prices are close to the hotel, also coffee shops and a family mart; 5 min to Shinbashi station by JR line
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Hotel New Otani Tokyo, Tokyo
- Beautiful hotel in lovely surroundings. - very luxurious hotel at a reasonable rate. rooms very comfor
- best view of sakura in otani - This is first time to try this hotel, the price online is re
- Big rooms, huge hotel, old but excellent - smooth heck in, limousine bus from te airport, big room old
- Centrally located hotel with lovely Park or Garden - The hotel is too big to feel comfortable and it does seem to
- Clean and great location - This is an excellent hotel for access to Marunouchi, Roppong
- clean and large room -
- Comfortable, but not worth the money - Good, though the access by walking, even being really close
- Comfortable -
- Convenient location with decent rooms - value for money conveniently located near the metro line and
- Decent Stay - The rooms were quite basic but clean. Make sure you ask for
- Excellent hotel in great location - Excellent location near multple subway lines. Very helpful
- Excellent hotel, with exceptional service - Ensure you dine on the 27th floor - view is awesome!
- Good Hotel - The room is clean and renovated. The exterior of the hotel i
- Grand looking hotel with small rooms - It was my first time to Japan, not too sure how other hotels
- Great classic hotel with character - excellent. able to relax, exercise in the small but useful g
- Great Hotel - Great size room for Japan and outstanding service. I will s
- great hotel - great staff, the concierge spoke excellent english.
- great hotel - i like staying at new otani hotel, i am a regular guest of t
- Great Hotel - The hotel has an awesome japanese garden that puts all your
- Great location and excellent room and service - the room we stayed had a very nice view and nice facility.
- Great location, great hotel - It is always a pleasure to stay here. The hotel is undergoi
- hard to find a luxury hotel for this price in toky - The first thing worth pointing out about the New Otani is it
- Huge and beautiful hotel in the heart of Tokyo - We hope we could extent our holiday another one week in Otan
- Huge luxurious hotel - This hotel is an island in the middle of Tokyo, since it has
- I will stay again! - This is a great Hotel, the service is excellence. My experie
- lovely hotel and good service - i will stay at new otani hotel again if i go to tokyo.
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - I am satisfied with the overall quality of the hotel. It is
- lovely hotel and service -
- New Otani review - I stayed at the New Otani for the first time but I came away
- New Otani Tokyo - - Not respectful services
- Website does not reflect the rea
- New Otani Tokyo - On our first two days at the New Otani we were curious about
- New Otani - Staying at the New Otani is like going back in time. We felt
- Nice hotel, great service - rooms were great, probably large in size for japan. only is
- Nice location but old fashioned and expensive - we booked 2 rooms and stayed for 1 week. quiet location with
- Spectacular hotel!! - A short walk to subway station, staff very attentive and wel
- Too old and dusty - Found the toilet too small, rooms too old and rather dusty.
- Very comfortable hotel with a great view - The rooms are excellent, and the staff are helpful and frien
- Very good hotel large room for Japan - Excellant hotel, convenient location, all facilities were av