Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Akasaka / Roppongi
Number of Rooms:
Check Rates & Availability At This Hotel
We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your room. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda, and then show us that you could book the same room, for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. Click this link to find out more.
Recent customer reviews
|Filter by Traveler Type
All reviews (551)
February 13, 2013
Best hotel in my trip around the world.
i was the first time in japan. i thought it will be typical big city hotel. it wasn´t. i suggest this hotel for everyone.
February 12, 2013
Elegant hotel in Tokyo, room larger than expected
Well serviced, clean, tidy
Hotel room is larger than what we expected,esp in Tokyo where the property prices are very high, and hotel rooms in downtown are often very small.
Families with young children
February 10, 2013
Great hotel with a great garden
I stayed at this hotel from 9th Feb 2013 to 10th Feb 2013.
I picked this place because of the location and the price.
I tried to book global hotel brands such as Hilton, Hyatt, Mandarin Oriental, Shangrila and etc., however, the price was beyond my budget so I had to pick here.
The hotel is very old inside and outside. I stayed at Main bldg but not the renovated deluxe room.
standard twin had enough room for 2 adults and 1 child, 9 yrs old. I wanted the room with garden view but the hotel had too many guests. I guess it's because of Mitsukoshi Dept. sale in the hotel so I had to stay with the view of parking lots. A little disappointment.
Staffs were very friendly though the uniform was really out of fashion and style.
They have staff who can speak English very well, probably the best I've ever seen in my three visits to Japan. And there even was a staff who can understand and speak Korean as well. I bet she's a Korean but I didn't have time to ask or look at her name tag.
The garden was not that big but everything you look for. The restaurants, fishes, pond, waterfalls, sand-garden and etc. We could even see a rainbow at the waterfall.
Overall, a great hotel that can take you down to memory lane in Japanese mood.
Hotel Feature Tip:
February 09, 2013
Japan's BIG name hotel with the best restaurants
Dinning options are the best in Japanese hotel
The hotel new Otani has all the top restaurants inside their hotel such as Kyubei, top 3 star Sushi restaurant in Tokyo, Kyubei is as famous as Jiro, so you can tell everyone that you have tried out the best sushi in the world from your Kyubei experience. also other french and japanese restaurants like Nadaman and so on,,, highly recommend to try out their dinning options every day. the hotel has a really nice Japanese traditional garden, their garden view lounge is also wonderful in every seasonal view! the hotel is truely 5 star, but not so expensive for stay, restaurants are maybe more expensive than hotel charge!? but it's really good!
February 07, 2013
One of the grand old hotels of Tokyo.
Years of service has reached perfection.
A beautifully set up hotel with comfortable rooms, a great selection of resturants, a beautiful garden and service that is excellent.
United States of America,
February 04, 2013
Nice accommodations and friendly staff!
Great room size and bathroom for Japan!
Stay was nice, room is very large and bathroom unexpectedly great for Japan. Only thing is wifi is not free which guests are really expecting as standard these days... Guest services was extremely helpful in helping us book tickets to Sapporo/Niseko. Didn't try the restaurants within hotel so no reviews about that.
February 02, 2013
the hotek is abit far away frommthe stations
it is an old and traditimal hotek but it is indeed very good! one of the best ive stayed in tokyo it would rank better than the sheraton and similar to the hyatt regency
February 02, 2013
Good hotel, value 4 money, great staff
the shuttle from the airport is comvenient, but it should depart earlier to narita, if not we and many ppl need to rely on a taxi and the narita express that is good but with alk the kuggage is wuite disturbing. the hotel is very nice, old but well maintained
February 01, 2013
Big rooms, huge hotel, old but excellent
smooth heck in, limousine bus from te airport, big room old style but renovated
Families with older children
January 26, 2013
This hotel provides excellent service, everyone was helpful. Furthermore, considering hotels in Japan, the rooms in this hotel is spacious. It is situated in the heart of Tokyo and provides free parking too.
Simply enter your travel dates in our search box and see what extra discounts are available, in addition to our everyday lowest guaranteed prices.
| ||Get 4-7% back on every booking|
| ||Points added automatically|
| ||Save money on future bookings|
New DOUBLE and TRIPLE points promotions!
Customer Reviews - Hotel New Otani Tokyo, Tokyo
- A village of gardens, shops, restaurants - The staff at the New Otani were particularly helpful, especi
- Aasha Murthy - A fabulous hotel with outstanding facilities across the boar
- Best hotel in my trip around the world. - i was the first time in japan. i thought it will be typical
- Big Hotel - The triple room is very nice and spacious. The room was reno
- Big rooms, great staff - Great value for money, the room was large, the staff were ve
- Clean but Old - The hotel is now getting very old, although the rooms are qu
- Comments on The Garden Tower - Hotel New Otani - Overall, it is a good choice for overseas visitors as it is
- Excellent Staff with clean room - the hotel is rather big hence if you are staying at the sout
- Good hotel but poor location for tourist - hotel is quite comfort, but location might be good for busin
- good location, confortable room, nice staff - It was so nice stay. Comfortable room, bath, bed.
- Good location, reasonable price - The hotel is 5stars rate hotel with biggest park in Tokyo be
- Good location,great environment - wonderful experience with great service and clean room.
- Good Location - We stayed in a smoking room which was the only available roo
- Good traditional upper class hotel - I like New Otani because it is very close to the shop and st
- Great hotel - good location - Everything was good about this hotel. Good size rooms, nice
- Great hotel - great rooms and not too expensive compare with the size(the
- Great location with beautul garden - Location is near a metro station which has several lines goi
- great location, good size rooms. Excellent service - meals were a little expensive so we ate out a lot, but garde
- Great Location, wonderful rooms, excellent service - I am regular visitor, even though I do not speak Japanese th
- great service, good location, relatively expensive - The Hotel New Otani Garden Tower is a very interesting place
- great service. a very comfortable stay - we were given a nice corner room on a high floor. the room s
- Hotel with great garden - Overall, this is a pretty good hotel even though it has a lo
- Japan 10.2009 - The hotel is one of the best, my favorite, and I have stayed
- Large rooms and easy location - We stayed at the New Otani for 4 nights in July.
- Lovely hotel and service with a smile - All hotel staff were very helpful to accomodate non speaking
- lovely hotel and service - Very good location for business, beautiful garden and beauti
- Lovely hotel and superb service - I enjoyed my stay very much, the business centre was a great
- lovely hotel - I have stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel location is very
- Nice hotel & friendly staff - Stayed only for 1 night. I'm impressed by the staffs who spe
- Nice location in the center of Tokyo - Quiet, clean, with some of the best Japanese restaurant in t
- only 5 star hotel you pay for pool ! - very large hotel enjoyed our stay here but was put off by ha
- Sanctuary - The hotel is a sanctuary amidst the hustle and bustle of tok
- simply the best - New Otani Hotel is simply the best hotel in my opinion. It i
- Spacious Room - Stayed as a repeat visitor. One of my favorite hotels in Tok
- very good, first choice for business trip - i booked for my colleague. they like it very much and new Ot
- Very pleasant, all the facilities / services hotel - Great hotel, worthy of international chains, in central toky
- worth the money spent! - the stuff of the hotel is very helpful and friendly. The pri